• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

IS 14 months the average?? Where did you hear that?? I never heard that before.If it's true that has really made my day.It give me a little target to aim for.I know it necessarily won't be MY heal time but everything else about my cold turkey and withdrawal has been things a lot of people have went through so maybe I'm on the average side of things where my heal time is concerned.Jeez I hope so...Anyway as I said , it's a little target to aim for.

IS 14 months the average?? Where did you hear that?? I never heard that before.If it's true that has really made my day.It give me a little target to aim for.I know it necessarily won't be MY heal time but everything else about my cold turkey and withdrawal has been things a lot of people have went through so maybe I'm on the average side of things where my heal time is concerned.Jeez I hope so...Anyway as I said , it's a little target to aim for.

We are here for support and I hope that you forgive me for crossing the line and offering advice.

Your last sentence struck a chord in me and I felt that I must write.

I am now over 2 years out.

Like many people here, after reading Ashton, I assumed /hoped that I would be a quick healer.

I never dreamed that there could be so much damage and take so long to heal.

I had expectations that I would be better by 6 months then 1 year  then 18 months then 2 years.

Anyways, each time a "milestone" times came and went (and I still was not healed) I would feel an added depression .

yes we can do positive things that are hopefully helpful in healing us, or at least helpful in managing to get through the days, but I myself don't believe that we can "work towards a deadline" with the expectation that it is achievable by working on it.

By all means stay positive, but be careful of time expectations .

Carol

We are here for support and I hope that you forgive me for crossing the line and offering advice.

Your last sentence struck a chord in me and I felt that I must write.

I am now over 2 years out.

Like many people here, after reading Ashton, I assumed /hoped that I would be a quick healer.

I never dreamed that there could be so much damage and take so long to heal.

I had expectations that I would be better by 6 months then 1 year  then 18 months then 2 years.

Anyways, each time a "milestone" times came and went (and I still was not healed) I would feel an added depression .

yes we can do positive things that are hopefully helpful in healing us, or at least helpful in managing to get through the days, but I myself don't believe that we can "work towards a deadline" with the expectation that it is achievable by working on it.

By all means stay positive, but be careful of time expectations .

Carol

Well that was bloody depressing.

OK, back to "lyrics stuck in head".  There's some commercial on that uses the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" music and some stupid lyrics.  but now, as a result, Total Eclipse of the Sun, the real version, plays in my head 24/7.

Since someone mentioned "colors of the wind" Or whatever the song is called from the Disney movie.

It keeps playing in my head and I only know the first line.

Carol

Doesn't that song go Total Eclipse of the HEART?? Or is there also a song with sun in it??

yeah it is heart. i have that commercial too and it's ruined that song for me.

"Turn around--every now and then i get a little bit this and a little bit of that and turn around Bright eyes every now and then i fall apart-- Bright eyes and i need you more then now. runied i say :tickedoff: stupid jingle

Doesn't that song go Total Eclipse of the HEART?? Or is there also a song with sun in it??

yeah it is heart. i have that commercial too and it's ruined that song for me.

"Turn around--every now and then i get a little bit this and a little bit of that and turn around Bright eyes every now and then i fall apart-- Bright eyes and i need you more then now. runied i say :tickedoff: stupid jingle

:laugh:

Duh!  Yes, it's Total Eclipse of the Heart.  I'm such a spacey benzo-brained goof, I can hardly remember the names of my immediate family members.

• 3 weeks later...

mcaveman,

I didn't realize that it had gone away for you. It had for me.

It's funny that this thread should pop up because I've been thinking about posting on it for the past couple of days but didn't want to project this onto anyone else. But mine has come back, too. It was gone for quite a while there and I thought I was done with it but I guess not. *shrug*

becksblue,

Mine is 24/7. But I did have a break from it so I'm sure it will stop one day for good.

koko

[e0...]

Oow, I just saw this thread and had to tell you that the theme song from Sponge Bob has been going though my head for weeks!!!!

For now, I've only read page one of this thread but im glad I'm not the only one.

And yes, it must be w/d if we all get this!!!

I read a post from Lady Grace about the circus music. There is this post on " what benzo's do in the brain" by Parker, at the top over by Withdrawal support , that talks about the circus music. she had a good explanation for it, in fact the whole piece explains what's going on with us.

I hate Sponge Bob.

For me it can be just any ole song whether I like it or not.

Right now it's "Do You Like Waffles?" because my daughter was playing that on YouTube day before yesterday.

???

Whatever.  :D

koko

[e0...]
I also had the Golden Girls tv show song for a while and before that The wheel of the bus go round and round. So I guess I get the ones I really hate. :D

[e0...]

Yeah, thanks Koko. I clicked the link and as soon as I saw it, closed my iPad.

But it didn't help. Now I see this guy in front me .

I hope I will be able to get you back sometime.

I miss sponge bob already.

[e0...]

If you're happy and you Know it clap your hands....

Is all I'm saying. Hope you sleep,well on that one  :laugh:

Yes, we will get through it.

:smitten:

( if you're happy and you know it, and you really want to show it.....)

Is it usually a song you dislike?  Or one you liked and then get sick of?  I guess you do get sick of it if it's looping.

It's whatever song I heard last and yes it's 24/7 from the second I wake to the second I goto sleep.

caveman, that's terrible.  Is there anything you can do to stop it?  I know I do get really sick of hearing the same songs over again on my radio in the kitchen.  I'll hear a song I've heard over and over and need to shut the radio off.