Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody

[mc...]

For me, this is a symptom of anxiety. It's happened with or without benzo withdrawal to me. I kinda think "so what". You know, we've enough to worry about, so why worry about something that can't harm us.

That said, I think I'd be pretty pissed if it was a Queen song:-)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

Now that mine has stopped playing 24/7, I find myself mentally humming the damnable tune. And yes, its only when Im anxious. Go figure. Never had this before going cold turkey.

I remember years ago, when my wife (who was then my girlfriend) visited New York, there was a tune stuck in my head.  I thought it most strange, but paid it no real thought.  That was months before my first experience of panic attacks or anxiety.  I suppose it was a sign of what was to come.

i hear songs in my head too, everyday a new tune all day long - right now the theme song for the sopranos is stuck in my head, i also hear songs from fun. and of monsters and men..it's crazy and for me it has nothing to do with anxiety..

i don't have ocd...this is not new for me i've had it for long as i can remember, but i never thought about asking people if the heard songs in their heads too..when i found bb's i asked and many people replied and said they always have music in their heads..

The songs in my head were almost constant. But now, after healing for over 3 years (I CTd). they have decrease about 90%.

i hear songs in my head too, everyday a new tune all day long - right now the theme song for the sopranos is stuck in my head, i also hear songs from fun. and of monsters and men..it's crazy and for me it has nothing to do with anxiety..

had Fred Astaire all day & night yesterday doing "Cheek to Cheek". really like the song. enjoyed old movie "Top Hat" with Ginger Rodgers & him. also Green Mile with Tom Hanks & Duncan Clark - RIP, character. certainly better them some other sounds that come to me.

is it a protective mechanism trying to reduce anxiety? maybe? mostly anxious all the time now. don't know anything for sure.

All yesterday / last night / today so far I've had the songs from the musical "Hair" stuck in my head. Over and over and over. Different songs from the play where one starts and then another takes over and then another and on and on.

It's never quiet in there.

koko

I have this problem too! I wake up every morning almost with a song in my head, playing over and over again! Sometimes it is a song I have heard recently and sometimes I swear I've never heard the song in my life and I have no idea where it had come from...I do sleep with the Tv on (not a music station) and wondered if that had something to do with it...?

Another weirdsxs...sometimes I have what I'd like to call "conversations"going on in my head..ones that I'm not a part of...I'll stop n think to myself, Wtf is this? At times it freaks me at but I've learned to just deal with it...am I literally going crazy or is this part of using Benzos for so long and possibly part of wd? I have only tapered a small amount and haven't really had any hard core sxs yet...can anyone else relate or explain what's going on in my head? :idiot:

I think benzo w/d amplifies things that we already experience when we are "normal". I find that most of my weird mental symptoms are things that I've noticed at some point in my life before, just never to such an extreme degree.

Lol, that's true. I've never really had the song thing. I mean everyone gets songs stuck in their head but waking up with one...that's a lil different! Plus the weird head conversations in my head that I'm not a part of freak me out...I have never been diagnosed with any psychological disorder but my grandma was schizophrenic...I am always fearful that I might have it but its been like dormant in me or something...is that possible? My Dad suffers from depression and so does my mother and my sister...she's currently on a bunch of meds from this quack doc that is prescribing way too much for a Young 21yr old girl...they have her believing she's bi polar and I really think its just mild depression....makes me sick how quick they are to just put her on a bunch if meds and then toss her to the side...not even talking with her...just here' s your meds now go, really? Its so sad...I've tried taking to her but she thinks since the doc said it that its true...still trying to get thru to her.

Lol, that's true. I've never really had the song thing. I mean everyone gets songs stuck in their head but waking up with one...that's a lil different! Plus the weird head conversations in my head that I'm not a part of freak me out...I have never been diagnosed with any psychological disorder but my grandma was schizophrenic...I am always fearful that I might have it but its been like dormant in me or something...is that possible? My Dad suffers from depression and so does my mother and my sister...she's currently on a bunch of meds from this quack doc that is prescribing way too much for a Young 21yr old girl...they have her believing she's bi polar and I really think its just mild depression....makes me sick how quick they are to just put her on a bunch if meds and then toss her to the side...not even talking with her...just here' s your meds now go, really? Its so sad...I've tried taking to her but she thinks since the doc said it that its true...still trying to get thru to her.

How old are you? Schizophrenia typically comes out in the early to mid 20's. It's rare for it to come out in your 30's or 40's or anything. So not to scare you or anything, but yeah, it can be "dormant". If it runs in your family, I would highly advise you to avoid psychedelic drugs (including pot).

When I was a teenager, my shrink prescribed me 20 mg of Paxil, despite the fact that I wasn't depressed. My dad basically brainwashed me into thinking that depression just ran in our family and I needed my Paxil just like him and the rest of my family. After a few months, I told the shrink I didn't notice any difference. He upped it to 40 mg. A few months later, 60 mg. I kept telling him that the damn pills weren't doing anything, and he told me that some people just require a little bit more, so he wanted to up my dosage to 80 mg daily. By that point, I was just sick of the bs, and told him I wanted off. Of course, back then, I wasn't even aware that Paxil isn't approved for anyone under 18. After weaning off of Paxil, he wanted to put me on 1000 mg of Seroquel daily. 1000 mg! That's the type of dosage you would give to someone who is completely full-blown schizophrenic and thinks they are Abraham Lincoln. Throughout all of this, I told him I felt fine, and that I didn't need any medication. He never listened to anything I had to say, and insisted that I had to be on SOMETHING. Needless to say, I stopped going back to that doctor.

Lowlana,

I purposely didn't include the conversations in my head in my previous posts because this is a thread about lyrics. But, YES, me, too!!!! I am not schizophrenic, have never been schizophrenic, and am really old so I highly doubt I'll ever be schizophrenic. So, it's not that. And the conversations never started until after I had been tapering for quite a while. But they are there and they have nothing to do with me nor do they include me in them either. Mine are whispering though. The conversations are not at normal "inside the head thinking" volume. And I really can't make out everything that they say. Only snippets here and there.

And then the constant never ending stream of music/lyrics on top of that.  :o

NO, I AM NOT CUCKOO!  lol!  I swear I'm not! 

koko

ps - I also see shadows in my peripheral vision. fast ones swishing by. but that's for another time on another thread, I guess.

Benzotron, as scary as it is I appreciate your honest. I'm a 28yr old so I am praying these are just side effects or wd sxs...I have had a hard tinge finding a good p-doc. They always just sit there...never asking any probing questions...just the good ol "how does that make you feel"...ugh, not helpful. I do hope I can find a good one soon. I feel better hearing from you koko and that you are experiencing this also, I mean I wish you weren't cuz it is really weird and I don't wish it on anyone! Its not like voices are taking to me telling me to do things...nothing like that...its a full blown bk n forth conversation that simply doesn't include me...I, like you koko only catch bits and pieces, usually when something really off the wall catches my attention and I'm like, wait, what, lol? Then it seems once I really notice it it'll subside. I was asking about the schizophrenia just bc its always something that has scared me. I've always suffered depression...benzotron that's awful what was sourced upon you!!! I've taken seroquel before, highest dose was about 100mg in a day, only occasionally to help with sleep and it knocked me out! And this was bk in the day when I was doing serious partying with coke...I'd take it to come down and it worked. I am blown away any doc would prescribe such am extremely large dose

, especially toa youngin! Wow. Glad you were able to eventually such up for yourself and say no! I really don't think I'm schizo...just with all the anxiety feel it creeps into my head now and again...I try not to think about it bc I don't wanna start freaking myself out and actually giving myself sxs that aren't really there. Like I said, no voices telling me to do evil things or hurt myself...just the lil people in my head chatting away...

Yeah, maybe I'm a tad bit crazy, lmao! As long add I keep laughing and have a good outlook I'm good. Thanks for the advice and sharing everyone!

Koko, when you actually think about it does it help quite then down?

Sorry for getting off track on this thread also...trying to keep things in the proper places! Sometimes my mind gets away from me :)

This is really common and has nothing to do with benzodiazepine withdrawal as far as I know.

spengler, why do you think this has nothing to do with benzo withdrawal when so many people have had the same symptom?

i've had the looping music and waking up with the same loops now for almost 16 months. it's annoying but i think it's something in the brain that needs to be connected again. i mean i don't really know but i'm just assuming it was from the benzo withdrawal since i never had it bad like this before. i've always had some kind of looping music in my head because i'm a musician but never like this and for long--it's still going on.

Lowlana, when I stop and pay attention and think about them, no, they don't quiet down or go away. But!...they do go away when I start feeling better and stabilizing after a cut. They go away completely and the songs stop looping. Well, the songs don't stop completely, but they no longer seem to have a life of their own. Better put, I have more control over them when I get closer to stabilization.

This is just me and I have no scientific knowledge or anything to back this up but, personally, I believe 100% that the uncontrollable looping songs and whispering conversations have everything to do with withdrawal from benzos and nothing at all to do with my mental health.

Never did I have these problems before tapering off the drug (all 31 or 32 years of use & then tapering for 15 months so far) other than the once-in-a-while-song-getting-stuck-in-my-head thing that everybody I've ever known in my life gets on occasion.

I'm sorry that you haven't found a good pdoc yet. That makes things really tough. But these days, as I understand it, psychiatrists don't do talking therapy. They really only Rx drugs and monitor you while you're on them (or tapering from them). Psychologists are the ones who do the talking stuff. I don't even bother with psychologists anymore though because the ones I have gone to? Well, I walk in and they're about 25 years younger than me and somehow for an old lady like me who has lived so much more life than they have, that just doesn't feel right. lol!

best to you!

koko

Thanks everyone! Too I believe that this is from withdrawal. I don't think if like to go bk to finding a psychologist right now either....all the docs in my area that I've tried are all the same. They answer my question with another question! That drives me nuts! On a lighter note I woke up today with no songs! The conversations are still there but I can ignore them better than the songs...at times I find myself singing along and that is very annoying and if I get into it people start to stare..bc there is no music playing...anywhere, lol! So I shall continue my day while the lil people in my head enjoy their time to talk...lol! Still can laugh so that's a good sign in my eyes!

he wanted to put me on 1000 mg of Seroquel daily. 1000 mg!

i can't believe this! that is so scary to me that these doctor's feel like they can just use anyone's brain as guinea pig!

i've had all the voices too and have had the voices of my family yelling--i feel like it's a trauma to the limbic system of the brain, the yelling. i just let it go and go and try to 'air out' so the "engram banks" of the mind get freed. it's a good thing when you hear those voices so you get be free from the "free floating memories"... now everyone will really think i am crazy  :idiot:

but it's true. i studied DNA and Theta Healing for a long time and here is a link that talks about the 'engram banks"

http://www.bethcoleman.net/engrambanks.html

i couldn't find another link with a better definition except for on the Dianetics. i wonder why they don't have more definitions? but you all kinda know what i'm talking about, right? it's not that much of a hippie dippie thing  :crazy:

you know, the engram banks of the mind--it's real and can get quite overloaded, that is what i believe the voices are and it's good to let them air out. i also thing people with schizophrenia probably are way over loaded but i would have to talk with one of the Theta Healers about this. you all probably think i'm nuts now, oh well. it's the engram banks...

i can't believe this! that is so scary to me that these doctor's feel like they can just use anyone's brain as guinea pig!

i've had all the voices too and have had the voices of my family yelling--i feel like it's a trauma to the limbic system of the brain, the yelling. i just let it go and go and try to 'air out' so the "engram banks" of the mind get freed. it's a good thing when you hear those voices so you get be free from the "free floating memories"... now everyone will really think i am crazy  :idiot:

but it's true. i studied DNA and Theta Healing for a long time and here is a link that talks about the 'engram banks"

i couldn't find another link with a better definition except for on the Dianetics. i wonder why they don't have more definitions? but you all kinda know what i'm talking about, right? it's not that much of a hippie dippie thing  :crazy:

you know, the engram banks of the mind--it's real and can get quite overloaded, that is what i believe the voices are and it's good to let them air out. i also thing people with schizophrenia probably are way over loaded but i would have to talk with one of the Theta Healers about this. you all probably think i'm nuts now, oh well. it's the engram banks...

pretty,

read the short blurb on the link. I've been anesthetized @ least 15xs in my life. I can surely believe & think that some of my thoughts are "free-floating" without a connection. doesn't mean your nuts. had the same thoughts about what goes on in the mind of a schiz person.

Had Fred Astaire with me doing Cheek to Cheek again & a real oldies the other day Vera Lynn singing "We'll Meet Again Some Day".

can't say I be in favor of the Seroquel.

don't get voices but sure getting tired of my own little inner voice telling me what to do.

you take care,

2zaz

[c2...]

OK. If you gotta have lyrics stuck in your head, here's a classic from Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs -- Wooly Bully...

Uno, dos, one, two, tres, quatro

Matty told Hatty about a thing she saw.

Had two big horns and a wooly jaw.

Wooly bully, wooly bully.

Wooly bully, wooly bully, wooly bully.

Hatty told Matty, "Let's don't take no chance.

Let's not be L-seven, come and learn to dance."

Wooly bully, wooly bully

Matty told Hatty, "That's the thing to do.

Get you someone really to pull the wool with you."

Wooly bully, wooly bully.

If you are too young to know this song, you don't know what you are missing. I've made my wife promise to play one song and one song only at my funeral. Yep, it's "Wooly Bully!" Total nonsense, but classic rock 'n' roll from the 1960s!

Tucson

pretty,

read the short blurb on the link. I've been anesthetized @ least 15xs in my life. I can surely believe & think that some of my thoughts are "free-floating" without a connection. doesn't mean your nuts. had the same thoughts about what goes on in the mind of a schiz person.

Had Fred Astaire with me doing Cheek to Cheek again & a real oldies the other day Vera Lynn singing "We'll Meet Again Some Day".

can't say I be in favor of the Seroquel.

don't get voices but sure getting tired of my own little inner voice telling me what to do.

you take care,

2zaz

what blurb? i totally agree and especially if one has been anesthetized they are going to have lot's of free floating thoughts. you gotta get that shit out somehow. you will a much more balanced person.

i love that Wooly Bully song. didn't they play that song in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and Spicoloi was dancing to it?

http://brigantinenow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/spicoli-fast-times.jpg"wait a minute--there's no birthday party for me here"

Tucson,

love you're name sake city.

:thumbsup: Wooly Bully  :thumbsup:

you aren't an older rock musician by the way??

NO, NO

I can't believe this. as I am typing this the oldies radio station I'm listening to is playing "Cheek to Cheek". I'll never get it out of my mind now!!