Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody

[mc...]

i use to wake up and have a song or TV line from a comedic show just be in my head but lately that is not happening. i still have the looping songs that roll around my head when i am doing things like preparing food or showering.

i've always wondering about this and especially when the song or line from a comedy show would just be there and i wasn't even awake yet. that is part of the mind that i would like to alter and change for the better since it seems like it's the subconscious part.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

Hello everyone, I'm 20 months out, and still have excessive mind chatter and songs, a lot of old school songs, stuck in my head.  I have been doing a lot of research on this and learning what is going on with my body, while I am still recovering.  I've come to the conclusion, these are symptoms of low GABA and low serotonin. Where the body is still in stress mode, from low levels of GABA, and high levels of norepinephrine, and the body just won't shut down and relax. This is what I am experiencing now, fragmented sleep, can't stay asleep, wake up heart ponding, mind chatter, and songs.  Was doing fine, for the first 15 - 18 months, and out of the blue, some of my early symptoms came back.  Don't know if it was something that I ate, or am eating, or the HRT I started.  All I know is that balanced serotonin levels, supports GABA and recently my serotonin levels have began to  balance out. GABA also opposes norepinephrine, so when you boost GABA, it lowers norepinephrine.

Hello everyone, I'm 20 months out, and still have excessive mind chatter and songs, a lot of old school songs, stuck in my head.  I have been doing a lot of research on this and learning what is going on with my body, while I am still recovering.  I've come to the conclusion, these are symptoms of low GABA and low serotonin. Where the body is still in stress mode, from low levels of GABA, and high levels of norepinephrine, and the body just won't shut down and relax. This is what I am experiencing now, fragmented sleep, can't stay asleep, wake up heart ponding, mind chatter, and songs.  Was doing fine, for the first 15 - 18 months, and out of the blue, some of my early symptoms came back.  Don't know if it was something that I ate, or am eating, or the HRT I started.  All I know is that balanced serotonin levels, supports GABA and recently my serotonin levels have began to  balance out. GABA also opposes norepinephrine, so when you boost GABA, it lowers norepinephrine.

It is probably the hrts. They change to hormones a lot. I was on them while really ill and I made myself more sick by cting them too.

This sxs sounds so benign and minor but man it can become excruciating when a few words or line just keep repeating day and night and even sleeping for weeks. There have been people here who have scoffed about it, but I have lived it and really hate when it comes again.

Carol

Hey AA,

I agree with Carol...I remember reading something on here about HRT's competing for GABA receptors....I am pretty sure that I am remembering that correctly...but I could be wrong.

I was on HRT's initially too, but as with everything else..I was CT'ed.

I wish you the best of luck with all this.

Causing

I took some Progesterone while on the benzo's and I almost passed out and felt like I couldn't see one day.  It wasn't good.  Doc thought my problem was my hormones at perimenopause.  No one realized it was the benzo's. 

I've had this all my life. Sometimes it is music, sometimes words. It is not benzos or OCD...

I agree ...

• 2 months later...
Found this looking for another post. Had the exact same thing. First, I'd have a tune stuck in my. Then it'd be a word I'd play over and over again for hours on end. When I couldn't sleep at night, I'd do all night. Read about a Center out east that offered detox with extended flumazenil infusion. The word flumazenil was stuck in my brain for months. All day. All night. Over and over again. Never had this before in my life. Haven't listened to music for years. Sx has to be related to w/d. Still catch myself looping words for time to time.

I seem to have every other s/x out there in protracted, but for some reason never had the looping stuff?  It boggles my mind that I don't have that.  Pre-benzo's I used to enjoy having a good tune go over in head for a time and I'd sing to it to myself.  I hope it stops for you all. 

I have these real bad, only its rarely lyrics...Usually a name of someone on here or a nonsense sentence....Lately I've been having pretty bad audio hallucinations. I hear music playing a lot. Only its all weird and distorted....I miss music.

I miss music too.  I can't even listen to it anymore for some reason.  I guess it's anhedonia.

For me I think it's more than anhedonia, not only does it irritate my sensitive ears, I just can't process or connect to it. I keep trying, I put the headphones on low to isolate it from other sounds and all I feel is a sound smacking into my ear, like it can't reach my brain....I think it's more the dp/dr and cog fog, with maybe a little anhedonia mixed in, but I suffered anhedonia (due to drug addiction) for most of my life before benzos, and it never stopped me from loving music. I still enjoyed things, just not to the extent a normal person would. For example, you would get a thrill from doing something sporadic like running through the rain, I would have to get that same thrill from skydiving. Anhedonia is the inability to feel pleasure, not so much the inability to take in or tolerate the world around you.

• 11 months later...
[c1...]
If you listen to another song (or songs) does it help 'dilute' the repeating song?  I sometimes endlessly loop songs, and listening to another song that I like helps me.

[c1...]
I kind of do the same thing (hold onto one of the last songs I've listened to).  My brain is playing some Schubert piece right now.  To keep the tune changing, I just listen to music all day (even in bed when I fall asleep). 

I have pretty much quit listening to music for the last 6 months, it was a HUGE part of my life, but now everything including music just doesn't feel good to me any more.  Then I get the looping of tunes I don't want, mostly dark songs that I don't want to hear.  It sucks.

When music comes back into your life after healing occurs, i promise you it sounds sweeter...better...more profound...hang on....its entirely worth it!!!💛

• 10 months later...

The worst thing is that it's not the whole song that's looping, it's a single verse over and over again.

"love me baby, baby love me"

Those who know the song are now going to hate me...  >:(

OK, this is kind of funny, in comparison to other symptoms we have!!!  Early in my acute I didn't know what looping was, but I had it.  Even today I do not know what song it was but it was a funny one about an orange creature...not the one eyed purple people eater song, some other one!!!

As time went by the looping involved parts of church responsorials that were sung, and that was OK.  Now it is 12.5 months later and the looping is just about gone and I kind of miss it...NOT!!!!!  Musical looping sure beat looping of negative thoughts like some people get!!!

It's funny you should write about this. I watched a DVD this morning on my laptop while I was riding my exercise bike and the song "I Want You to Want Me" played and IT got stuck in my head and has been playing over and over. I don't think it's benzos or anything serious. Our brains are kind of frazzled from all this, so I think they're sponges when it comes to things, be they songs or images.

I'm drawing a blank on who did that song, so I guess I'm off to Google to find out. Hang in there -- and ENJOY the music in your mind...

Best wishes,

Tucson

Tucsondeadhead! Unfortunately I do not have anything to contribute to this particular post but when I saw your name I had to reply... I'm in Tucson too! Hopefully we can chat if you care to. PM me if you'd like :)

ChloeBear

• 7 months later...
Lol literally when DR is going strong I often get the part of row row row your boat in my head that says "merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream." And I almost start to believe it

I have not read the entire thread but I get "words" that come to my head.  Random words  :crazy:  I sometimes utter them which totally freaks me out and am embarrassed to disclose, but this stuff is so scary feel I have to for my own sanity. 

I have never experienced this in my life before, ever. 

Dee  :smitten: