• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

10 months off tomorrow and I still have this it's been getting bad again last week.

Just ended my 5 th month, and have it every morning, and some time,s during the day,

Mostly songs that are really old, keep thinking were does that came from......

Think it wil pass, i has to......

:smitten:

Sandra.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! i'v got the stupidest song repeating in my head over ad over and over again since i watched this Episode of It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia where Chralie and Dennis write this super stupid song called Dayman.

here's a rendering of it check it out and make it a part of ur own headloop collection

professionally rendered version

Dayman, fighter of the nightman, champion of the sun. ur a master of karate, and freindship for everyone!

worst song i'v ever had stuck in my head hands down

6 months and it,s driving me nuts, mornings are the wors,

Sometime,s it,s just al day......

Songs i haven,t heard in age,s .....

:smitten:

Sandra.

I'm a musician.  I teach. Several days I have dreamed about trying to practice a part of some piece of music, and it went on for HOURS, completely wrecking my sleep...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh help me LORD.  Make it stop.

Of all songs, I've got "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas.  Over and over and over.  It won't stop.  It's dinnertime and I'm trying to make a big salad, but I can't stop the "You think you own whatever land you land on" out of my head when I'm cutting vegetables.

I want to change the damn channel already.

Why oh why?  I'm in my 50s!!!!!

I'm a musician.  I teach. Several days I have dreamed about trying to practice a part of some piece of music, and it went on for HOURS, completely wrecking my sleep...

I feel you.

I'm a singer and this always happened to me.  It's not just a benzo thing for me (ADHD)...except, I guess, for people who never had it before.  We musicians know how songs can get into a loop and nearly drive a person insane, right?

Did you have this PB.? (pre-benzos)

right now i have the song/lyric "i shot the sheriff but i did not shoot the deputy" in a totally different melody/song/

everytime i sing that line i say to myself out loud "i said melody not malady" :2funny:

YES !!!  This has been happening to me for the last few years ... every morning I wake with a song refrain running over and over through my mind.  I don't mind if it's upbeat.  I can also read a line that reminds me of a song and my brain will switch to that song ... now I have that Cheap Trick song running ...  :o  I had no idea this could be related to the benzo.  Seems I've been in chronic WD for a long time and not knowing it. 

I think this phenomenon is called a "brainworm". Nice name, right? For me, it's that damned song from "The Sound of Music" about the lonely goatherd. Aaargh! When that starts, I want to rip the damned worm out of my brain!

Okatz

I think this phenomenon is called a "brainworm". Nice name, right? For me, it's that damned song from "The Sound of Music" about the lonely goatherd. Aaargh! When that starts, I want to rip the damned worm out of my brain!

Okatz

Hahahaha

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd

Lay ee odl, lay ee odl, lay hee hoo

Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd

Lay ee odi, lay ee odiloo.

That yodeling would drive me mad too.  Why oh why does our brain pick these songs from our entire catalog?

I swear Ive got the lyrics fm that song - 'Omg I cant believe it,never been this far away from home' stuck in my head for months upon months now. :idiot:

I will repeat the 1st line in my head when I get stressed or anxious just out of habit.What a horrible,horrible song (to me anyway).

I think I heard it on a tv advert when I was in heavy acute w/d and it stuck.But hey,look on the bright side,if I was listening to music I actually liked that day like The Eagles or Pink Floyd it would've ruined that music for me forever so small mercy that it was really bad music I heard that day lol.

I can stop a loop by deliberately thinking about ANOTHER tune, but there is always the danger that the NEW one will loop too. :)

I've always had this problem, but it is only really irritating when I am trying to clear my mind, kind of like:

Don't think about pink elephants...

Then all you see are pink elephants. :D

My problem has to do with intense REM periods, and that IS from withdrawal. It happen in dreams, and sometimes I have just one or two measures of something looping, and I start trying to practice it in my sleep. This can go on for a couple hours.

Drives me INSANE...

• 2 weeks later...
Every day, it's one song or another for me.  Some welcome, some not.  Often depends upon the last song I heard that day, I guess.  Hey...there's a clue!

I've had songs stuck in my head pretty much constantly since I was a small child; I always thought it was normal!

I think it is normal and the advertising companies have studied it and exploited it.

I wonder though if it's a 20th Century phenomenon. Did people get it prior to the days of TV and radio?

Who hasn't gone to the grocery store and had a song from a commercial kick in telling us to buy this or buy that?

Some of these are jingles that were planted in our brains many moons ago! I can still hear the catchy little refrains like "pop pop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is" and "you'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent" etc etc etc.

Where do they come from? They haven't run some of these commercials on TV for decades!

I've probably even bought various products simply because I've been influenced by the song.

For me, this is definitely absolutely positively NOT normal. It is a benzo w/d sx that could drive even the craziest person crazier. ARGH!  :idiot:

koko

• 1 month later...
This is not OCD, its called "EARWORMS" cause by stress, memory & multi-sensory stimuli. Sometimes things in your environment can trigger songs to pop up in your mind & get stuck.  I googled it on the internet under earworms. Can't remember the website, but i'm sure if you goole it will come up.

It is called ruminating. You can read tons about it on the internet. There are techniques you can do to redirect your thoughts from playing that broken record over and over. I know I use to do it.

I think that in normal circumstances we all get a song or line or melody replaying but and it is a big but, nothing like what happens to some of us in withdrawal.

I had it really bad also. unrelenting for days at a time. every second, repeating . Then the second I was awake it would be continuing . I swear it was going on while I slept too.

I have it far less often now. Just the normal song stuck on head thing that can be changed to another song.

But it still returns once in a while with a vengeance .

I laughed reading about some of the songs that get stuck in there.

Carol

th