Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody

[mc...]

Yes! I have this as well. It is an endless soundtrack that plays in my head. I do not suffer from any OCD. I will have a thought and a word will trigger a song that will play over and over and over... .

I am one week completely off Klonopin.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

It was pleasant pre benzo to have a nice song reverberate in your brain.  Now, I'm off the benzo's and I don't have it at all, not even pleasant ones.  I don't listen to music anymore, I have anhedonia and depression too badly now.  Any sound makes me sick. 

Oh my God you guys get over it! This is not a symptom, everybody has this! I feel like this is one of those things people and withdrawal seek out, trying to find more symptoms, trying to be sicker than you really are! Move on!

I disagree with this too. Although I agree with your general disposition against hypochondria, withdrawal has made really annoying song loops very prominent in my brain. And they are never really cool songs, like Frankie Valli or the beatles. Rather they are scores from Sponge bob or hair bands:-(

Oh my God you guys get over it! This is not a symptom, everybody has this! I feel like this is one of those things people and withdrawal seek out, trying to find more symptoms, trying to be sicker than you really are! Move on!

Your a jackass, when you wake up in the middle of the night or in the am and there is a song. Looping in your head and this goes on for weeks and sometimes months its not normal.

I hope you never have to experience it.

Your a jackass, when you wake up in the middle of the night or in the am and there is a song. Looping in your head and this goes on for weeks and sometimes months its not normal.

I hope you never have to experience it.

That's not nice

I have so much external noise around here that my mind is stuck dealing with that.  Maybe keeping some external noise going would stop the looping?  White, brown noise?  TV on with talking on it?  Does the looping stop if you watch a movie or show while listening to it? 

I have so much external noise around here that my mind is stuck dealing with that.  Maybe keeping some external noise going would stop the looping?  White, brown noise?  TV on with talking on it?  Does the looping stop if you watch a movie or show while listening to it?

I do put an ear bud in my ear every night and listen to a story to asleep.  I usually can turn the story off around 2 am after dozing for an hour or two.  When I have the looping it is going in the background of my brain even when sleeping. I have even had the song in my dream once. And even before fully awake it is going. Thankfully I get it seldom now.

Carol

Charming post from someone with a lot of Benzo-knowledge,

well done. :idiot::tickedoff:

Hi Claudia ........

:thumbsup:

X

Sandra.

Hi Sandra,

what a surprise ? nice to see you again, even though i would be happier to meet ya at the

success section. never mind girl, we will make it eventually, right ?  :hug::smitten:

Sure we wil....

Never forgot about you......

Nice to talk to you again, wish i was in a different place.....

I,am so sick and tired of it al, but wil fight tru this......

Love

Sandra  :smitten:

Never ever had this before benzo,s.........

Don,t understand why you react like this......

You must be feeling bad, so sorry for you......

Sandra.

I did not have this before except an occasional pop song that got stuck in my mind. This is totally different. I  think you have to accept that you cannot know what another person is feeling, thinking, hearing, etc. Looping music is a well-known neurological symptom, not just in benzo withdrawal. If you are interested, read Oliver Sacks' books...he is a neurologist who has written extensively about weird and fascinating symptoms. Looping music is not a symptom of insanity, either.

As for wanting to be sicker than I am --- No way. I have been through hell and come back, for the most part. I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone, not even the worst person in the world. I know what I went through, and have written about in my Success Story and Blog...perhaps you'd like to read that, and learn a few things. I am an extremely honest and blunt person: I have no desire to be sicker or crazier than I already am...and at this point, I am not sick and Im not crazy.

east

I don't know about you guys, but I just used to listen to the music when this happened. Free headphones and walkman without all the fuss of wires and stuff is the way I used to look at it.

:D

b

I am here to say that it does get better.

I rarely have it now although I had it really bad up until last year I believe.

I am actually forgetting the time line for many of my symptoms. That is good I guess.

Carol

How long has this continued for you guys? I'm curious since this was just about my very first symptom to disappear as soon as I jumped. Thank goodness, because it was a scary one. My mind felt out of control!

• 4 months later...
Checking in 28 months and still have it but it's def getting better, don't have it all the time now just in bad waves and it's not as overpowering

This is an issue with me after about 5 days of detoxing, usually during the night after I lay down and usually songs that make me very sad. It will go though the day at times too. It will keep me up at night. I HATE it.

I've been off benzos 7 months and have experienced hearing the same song in my mind over and over for days at a time. Then it will stop and start again maybe a week later. I just chalk it up to withdrawal as I never had this symptom before withdrawal. I am sure it will pass for good. Try not to worry about it too much or play some music so at least a new song can loop for awhile. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

3 + years off and it is a lot better.  I have bouts of it still but not as often. I can have a song or should I say a line or two of a song going non stop for days and even through the nights. I wake many times every night and even before being fully awake it is going again.

Crazy brains

Carol