Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody

[mc...]

It WILL stop. I had reached Xanax tolerance in 2009 and then quit CT on Feb. 9, 2010. From around 2007 through early 2013, I had suffered from lyrics in head. It is 99% gone now.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

Holy shit!!!

Amazing how similarly it is that all of our brains have been screwed up.

I have this symptom and it drives me insane. I have one small section of a song stuck in my head constantly and playing at the forefront of my mind, oftentimes songs that I absolutely hate. It's incredibly annoying. :sick:

Georgy, that's good to hear. But everyone is so different. Hope Im like you! The couple little bars of tune I hear aren't anything Ive ever heard before. And at this point, I am starting to think its some sort of OCD kind of thing. A habit, if you will. I wish I could turn it off. I even hear it when I wake up in the middle of the night. If I keep busy, I don't notice it. So, I keep busy! Distraction has always been my best weapon against all withdrawal symptoms.

east

Yeah, the night aspect of this symptom is also terrible. These annoying song pieces play so loudly and obnoxiously in my head all throughout the night when I wake up.

My understanding is that its caused by our temporary brain damage. The brain is a complicated thing...very! If you want to read more about this stuff, I recommend Oliver Sacks books. He is a neurologist who is interested in unusual phenomena like this, and writes very well. And easy to find on the Net.

Just curious - those of you who have this symptom: is the music inside your mind, or can you actually HEAR it in your ears???? Early on, I could HEAR it.....now, its inside my mind. Trapped in there and its maddening. So many other symptoms have come and gone, and THIS one stays??? Yikes.

east

Just curious - those of you who have this symptom: is the music inside your mind, or can you actually HEAR it in your ears???? Early on, I could HEAR it.....now, its inside my mind. Trapped in there and its maddening. So many other symptoms have come and gone, and THIS one stays??? Yikes.

east

mine is trapped inside my mind. although in acute wd i could hear audio hallucinations of symphonies even with a rustle of a tree.

• 3 months later...
This is driving me crazy lately. Happens when I have anxiety, and the wd from benzos is causing me a lot of anxiety because I can't sleep and am emotionally numb. Also, just moved out of FL and my 8 year-old parents are still there. My dad is having mini-strokes and failing and now my mom is all alone dealing with the hospital, looking at rehabs etc.

Yes, I have that!!!  Ear worms, the same song in a loop.  Yesterday it was "shake it off", then "all about that bass", then " blame it on the night".  I feel like a dj lol.  Sometimes it drives me crazy, but usually I don't mind.  I got my own music channel and can switch songs!

I wish I could change the tune I hear all the time. Change it to something new every day, maybe. But, I cant. Lately, its been a little less bothersome...maybe Im going to get over it, finally.

east

[ba...]

I wish I could change the tune I hear all the time. Change it to something new every day, maybe. But, I cant. Lately, its been a little less bothersome...maybe Im going to get over it, finally.

east

The song-in-my-head thing was also helped by me using a pillow speaker and playing soft (barely audible) ambient music during the night.  It was just loud enough for me to pick up and the music/sound sort of took over my internal stereo system.  I'll bet that you could try it by simply putting an iPhone under you pillow and playing some soft ambient music.  I listened to recordings such as this...

I also enjoy music like this (I find it calming).  So the delta waves may benefit your sleep, the sound may disrupt your earworms (ohrwurm), and if you're like me, you may simply find the sound relaxing.  Turn off all of the other apps and alerts so that you won't be awoken by your drunk friends texting you at 2 am.  ;)

I have looping music right now. Usually, before I was in wd, I got music stuck in my head. Now, It is the same verse over and over again. It always seems to be something I hate too. ~I just met you and this is crazy so heres my number call me maybe~.....yeah. It is horrific!!!! :-\

I have looping music right now. Usually, before I was in wd, I got music stuck in my head. Now, It is the same verse over and over again. It always seems to be something I hate too. ~I just met you and this is crazy so heres my number call me maybe~.....yeah. It is horrific!!!! :-\

Oh god, that has been a loop for me a number of times!  It's the worst one

This kind of looping is not the same as the regular thing that we get when normal.

The looping even continues on whenever I wake in the night. I swear it is looping while I sleep.

This comes and goes with me now. I am thankful that it isn't always so intense anymore

Carol

This kind of looping is not the same as the regular thing that we get when normal.

The looping even continues on whenever I wake in the night. I swear it is looping while I sleep.

This comes and goes with me now. I am thankful that it isn't always so intense anymore

Carol

Me to as soon as i wake up its playing, crazy crazy crazy

I have the theme song to Family Guy stuck, Omg 24/7 ......Lucky he's a family guy lucky there's a man who positively can do all the thing's that make us laugh and cry ,,,,he's a family guy........lol :)Diane

Even though I consider myself mostly healed, I still have this symptom. And its reassuring to read that others have it, too...though I am sorry you all do!

Carol, my looping music goes on even when I wake up in the middle of the night. Its quieter, but its there. At this point, I really suspect its some sort of product of anxiety.....maybe. What do you think? Its odd because I don't feel especially anxious now, even when I wake up three times during the night! Ive healed enough and learned enough how to cope with sleep problems that I don't get upset when I wake like that. But the damned music starts up anyway.

Listening to music sometimes helps, but not at night. Anything that disturbs me keeps me awake, including music. I take this as a true sign of healing....yet the looping music continues, night and day.

east

[bf...]
Oh my God you guys get over it! This is not a symptom, everybody has this! I feel like this is one of those things people and withdrawal seek out, trying to find more symptoms, trying to be sicker than you really are! Move on!

Oh my God you guys get over it! This is not a symptom, everybody has this! I feel like this is one of those things people and withdrawal seek out, trying to find more symptoms, trying to be sicker than you really are! Move on!

I dont agree. Yes all my life I have had music stuck in my head  but never like this. It is rarely as bad as it was the first year but it still seems to groove its way really deep.

I used to not know what depression felt like so I was quick to judge people and give advice about it.

Now I am wiser funkills.

Carol

This is definitely different. I wake up to the same song in my head and it lasts for days! It interrupts my thinking. It's annoying like tinnitus just not as bad.

as a musician, i've always had this kind of music or a lyric rolling around my brain. it was pleasant and it never bothered me. actually i really enjoyed and was glad because that's how musicians and artists brains work. but there is a definitely difference when you wake up to an ear worm that is still going from the night before -- when you don't have anything to do with it and it keeps going even when you don't want it to and even when you don't notice until later. is is definitely a symptom of benzo withdrawal.

but you're right, mostly everyone has this to a degree. it should be a comforting and somewhat controlling factor in someone's life. it's only when things feel out of control that it can be related to a syndrome.

[ba...]
I don't agree either.  There were times that those 'tunes' felt like devil spawn crawling around inside my head.  It was nothing like the normal tune in my head.