Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody

[mc...]

I thought I'd stop in to let you all know that I haven't had the looping for about 2-3 weeks now. I know it may only be temporary relief but at least it's good for now. Even if it comes back, I have had a much needed reprieve after just under a year of suffering with it.

koko

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

Yes Koko

I know it doesn't sound like a very bad sx but anyone who has had it (me included) knows the agony of it.

Nothing like what I experienced throughout my life with music running around in my head.

It still comes and goes for me. I was worried when a few days ago a piece out of an opera started looping day and night. Luckily it left me today rather than intensified.

Anybody else notice a difference in intensity with this?

Carol

If a song gets stuck in my head it stays there all day until replaced by some other song, and if not there is always some form of noise in my head, this has been going on since 2012  :-\

I found that if I start singing jingles bells in my head,it take that looping song away and for some reason unknown, jingle bells doesn't loop for me.

I found that if I start singing jingles bells in my head,it take that looping song away and for some reason unknown, jingle bells doesn't loop for me.

It's funny how some are really sticky and some not.

There is a song that someone in our choir wrote that we sing.

It is the worst song for looping.

Oh no! Just thinking about it is ...

I have this too! It drives me nuts to wake up with a song stuck in my head. But I figured it was a "side effect" of listening to music. This I can handle!!

I have this too! It drives me nuts to wake up with a song stuck in my head. But I figured it was a "side effect" of listening to music. This I can handle!!

Ya. The problem for me is that I fall asleep and wake up about 10 times every night and When a song is looping, the line is instantly there 10 times a night.

Luckily it hasn't been as strong lately though.

Carol

The problem for me is that I fall asleep and wake up about 10 times every night and When a song is looping, the line is instantly there 10 times a night.

Luckily it hasn't been as strong lately though.

Carol

Ditto, exactly.

yeah it's weird how the melody or even the 'saying' from a movie is like right there  the minute i awaken. like it never went away and has been playing and playing. are those 'earworms?"

[e0...]
For me, it's the tune (not the lyrics) that gets stuck in my head.  The Germans have a name for this - Ohrwurm (ear worm).  I find that if I listen to music, the ear worm often goes away (replaced by whatever is playing at the moment).  I think a lot of anxiety is cause by holding on our thoughts/worries/concerns too tightly.  This is just another example of not letting go.  Now if only I could figure out how to let go of my concerns more readily... 

I don't agree that it is ruminating or worrying that causes this.

I believe that so something in our brains gets damaged.

Lots of things happen. Like the hearing becoming overly sensitive.

Seeing flashing lights , herding sounds that aren't there.

I have also had a brain vibration sensation for 2 1/2 years now.

Carol

Carol

Yes I think it's something wrong with the brain that's been damaged too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was over active glutamate. It's not normal to not fall asleep solely because there's a loop in your head. That's not anxiety. If anything this "dent" in the brain is what causes the ruminating and cycling, never ending thought stream.

Carol

Yes I think it's something wrong with the brain that's been damaged too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was over active glutamate. It's not normal to not fall asleep solely because there's a loop in your head. That's not anxiety. If anything this "dent" in the brain is what causes the ruminating and cycling, never ending thought stream.

yeah, i think it's both the excess glutamate and down regulated GABA. i watched a show on tourettes syndrome because i was interested to see what area of the brain were affected since it feels like some of the tics and twitches i have from this benzo wd seem a little like tourettes. and there are 4 different places within the GABA receptor's that affects someone with tourettes. i know i didn't have looping music going on all the time when i was not on benzo's before.

yeah, i think it's both the excess glutamate and down regulated GABA. i watched a show on tourettes syndrome because i was interested to see what area of the brain were affected since it feels like some of the tics and twitches i have from this benzo wd seem a little like tourettes. and there are 4 different places within the GABA receptor's that affects someone with tourettes. i know i didn't have looping music going on all the time when i was not on benzo's before.

Pretty

Just yesterday and the day before yesterday, I had a couple of sharp pains on the top right quadrant of my brain . Each time that I had this pain I could feel my right side of my cheek and eye want to tick up. It was weird and fleeting and I said something to my husband about maybe ending up with Tourette's.  I was just joking but I am glad that it only happened a few times then stopped.

The part that hurt in my head was the same area that hurts when I wake up in the morning if I have actually been sleeping well.

this is off topic for this thread though.

Carol

Pretty

Just yesterday and the day before yesterday, I had a couple of sharp pains on the top right quadrant of my brain . Each time that I had this pain I could feel my right side of my cheek and eye want to tick up. It was weird and fleeting and I said something to my husband about maybe ending up with Tourette's.  I was just joking but I am glad that it only happened a few times then stopped.

The part that hurt in my head was the same area that hurts when I wake up in the morning if I have actually been sleeping well.

this is off topic for this thread though.

Carol

carol,

i've had a place in my brain with very sharp pains on the left lower side where that constant squeezing is. i remember in tolerance wd i would just be sitting there watching TV and i had so many body jerks nose twitches and tics i was so worried about having full on tourettes. and i knew it had something to do with the benzo's and the GABA receptor's. that's why i watched that show about tourettes. it's very similar but not full on 'sayings' and full on twitches. sorry for off-topic--just wanted to respond to my friend :)

pretty

(To Carol and Pretty) That pain will not be your actual brain'(s) The brain itself has absolutely no nerves in it like other organs may have.I get a LOT of weird pressure and pain on top of my head and round athe back and front (Ok all over really lol) but thats just the Gaba receptors causing my muscles and blood vessels in  my scalp and neck etc. to tighten and be painful in some places.The actual brain cannot feel anything.

(To Carol and Pretty) That pain will not be your actual brain'(s) The brain itself has absolutely no nerves in it like other organs may have.I get a LOT of weird pressure and pain on top of my head and round athe back and front (Ok all over really lol) but thats just the Gaba receptors causing my muscles and blood vessels in  my scalp and neck etc. to tighten and be painful in some places.The actual brain cannot feel anything.

mandala said this very thing to me about the brain too. and what's so weird is i could swear to God i feel a deep vibration inside my brain. i have even made video's of it to show people what's happening with my brain. so what is that vibration that i feel inside my brain? why do i feel so many thing 'inside' my brain like the squeezing and pressure?

how is it the GABA receptor's causing the muscles and blood vessels in the scalp and neck? because i guess i would be feeling that deep "squeezing" maybe a severe muscle spasm that makes me think it's happening inside my brain. ?? it's so weird because i can feel so much as if it were really happening inside my brain. i know i keep saying that--because i do.

mandala said this very thing to me about the brain too. and what's so weird is i could swear to God i feel a deep vibration inside my brain. i have even made video's of it to show people what's happening with my brain. so what is that vibration that i feel inside my brain? why do i feel so many thing 'inside' my brain like the squeezing and pressure?

It doesn't matter WHERE it is, only that it is real. And what is real? Well, I would say that something is happening SOMEWHERE in the body, and this is CAUSED by something physical.

The brain tells us everything. If you cut your finger, the brain is what tell you that. The brains somehow knows that there is something happening anywhere in the body, and that it needs to tell us that. So actually it is really weird to think about.

I know this seems to be off topic, but have any of you had dreams that you need to pee? I have this all the time, and in my dreams I find a bathroom, and I let go and get relief. But after some time has passed, I still need to go. I wonder in the dream why I have no relief.

Then I wake up and realize I need to go to the bathroom. Always when this happens I wonder why I "let go" in the dream without "wetting the bed." And I wonder if this is what happens to kids who actually DO wet the bed.

The brain can tell us that there is pain anywhere. People who have had limbs amputated say that the feel pain in those limbs. Well, obviously the brain tells them that. So can the brain interpret something wrong in itself as pain?

I think so. I think the brain can tell us that it has pain, and pressure, and more. It doesn't matter if there is actually pressure there. Something is wrong, the brain knows that something is wrong, and it tells us that in the "language" of pain and pressure...

how is it the GABA receptor's causing the muscles and blood vessels in the scalp and neck? because i guess i would be feeling that deep "squeezing" maybe a severe muscle spasm that makes me think it's happening inside my brain. ?? it's so weird because i can feel so much as if it were really happening inside my brain. i know i keep saying that--because i do.

The brain tells us everything. If you cut your finger, the brain is what tell you that. The brains somehow knows that there is something happening anywhere in the body, and that it needs to tell us that. So actually it is really weird to think about.

I know this seems to be off topic, but have any of you had dreams that you need to pee? I have this all the time, and in my dreams I find a bathroom, and I let go and get relief. But after some time has passed, I still need to go. I wonder in the dream why I have no relief.

Then I wake up and realize I need to go to the bathroom. Always when this happens I wonder why I "let go" in the dream without "wetting the bed." And I wonder if this is what happens to kids who actually DO wet the bed.

OMG I used to get these! They suck! I can never find a bathroom in the dream, or if I find one there is no toilet, or the bathroom is like one in an elementary school and completely wretched disgusting! So I have to wake myself up and go.

The tightness or vibrations you feel is just nerve cells and/or blood vessels in your scalp.Trust me it isn't your brain.Any brain surgeon would tell you that because as I said your brain can't feel because it has no pain receptors.That's why brain surgery can be done without general anesthetic while a patient may be awake....I too get a LOT of horrible head symptoms like very bad tightness all round and it does feel as if my brain is being squeezed but that's only an illusion...and I just meant that GENERALLY the injured GABA receptors cause all this to happen just as they cause almost all other withdrawal symptoms to happen.

I have always thought that it is brain wave irregularities.

Sort of surging or out of sync . I say the word vibrate or wobble because that is the closest thing to describe the feeling. I never believed it was what we know of as physical movement.

Something electrical is happening though.

I tried using sleep tracks a fee years ago. They work on the premise that they have a sound pulse the is supposed to regulate your Theta? Waves at sleep time.

My god, it pulsed at exactly what my brain was doing and it made it even stronger!

It was awful. I just couldn't use the cd at all.

Carol

The tightness or vibrations you feel is just nerve cells and/or blood vessels in your scalp.Trust me it isn't your brain.Any brain surgeon would tell you that because as I said your brain can't feel because it has no pain receptors.That's why brain surgery can be done without general anesthetic while a patient may be awake....I too get a LOT of horrible head symptoms like very bad tightness all round and it does feel as if my brain is being squeezed but that's only an illusion...and I just meant that GENERALLY the injured GABA receptors cause all this to happen just as they cause almost all other withdrawal symptoms to happen.

interesting! but what about the 'explosion' type or vibration i feel inside my brain? --could that possibly be the glutamate

storms? i guess most of the squeezing is all the muscles around the scalp in deep spasm. ? what about the head pressure that feels like it's coming from the inside of the brain?/ something happened to my brain or somewhere on my head on the left lower corner. i felt it 'blow out' on the 4th day in the detox and it's been 'squeezing' and 'pulsing' in that area ever since.

and Gary, about the pee dreams, yes, many dreams like that where i have to make myself wake up and go. or in the dream i will have finally found a bathroom or a place to go and struggle for privacy. hmmmm? probably home issue's and the no privacy factor here. and i hate it when i have dreams about the other end needing relief :D:laugh:

OMG I used to get these! They suck! I can never find a bathroom in the dream, or if I find one there is no toilet, or the bathroom is like one in an elementary school and completely wretched disgusting! So I have to wake myself up and go.

That is it exactly!

I'll bet most people have these dreams. Again, what always amazes me is that I don't actually wet the bed...

One more thing: I have avoided this thread because it is about lyrics. But small parts of MUSIC get stuck in my head and go on for HOURS and HOURS...