• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

maybe it's part of having anxiety?  Try to tell yourself to calm down maybe?  I do that and it helps.  My mental thoughts torment me sometimes thinking about all the stuff I need to take care of around here. 

Is it usually a song you dislike?  Or one you liked and then get sick of?  I guess you do get sick of it if it's looping.

It's whatever song I heard last and yes it's 24/7 from the second I wake to the second I goto sleep.

Exact same for me

It's not an anxiety thing it's just excess glutamate

I rarely have it now thank goodness!

What I am now getting is much more the normal "get a song stuck in your head" thing, that changes when you make an effort to at least change songs. And isn't all pervasive through the night and every second of the day!

It does go away with a little time.

Carol

do you guys know "The Big Bang Theory" theme song?

well, i made up my own long version of it and i cannot stop singing it out loud. for some reason, when i sing all the tunes i make up out loud--it helps me deal with the withdrawals a little easier. but it's obnoxious. i don't do this when i'm in a window and i'm a singer/songwriter and i don't go on and on in a stupid jingle that i made up when i am windowed! :D

oh, and the tune i made up is so unbelievably obnoxious, you guys would actually get a kick out of it but then you'd get sick of it.

Singing cheers me up so if a song gets stuck in my head I make up goofy new lyrics & torture my family. :)

For those of you stuck have you tried some classical music that has no words to it? Not Muzak or whatever that music they plat at the dentist but something without words?

Singing cheers me up so if a song gets stuck in my head I make up goofy new lyrics & torture my family. :)

For those of you stuck have you tried some classical music that has no words to it? Not Muzak or whatever that music they plat at the dentist but something without words?

Good idea . I will try this next time it happens to me.

Lyrics are the problem (of course with the melody) for me so maybe a replacement song with no lyrics could loosen the hold.

Carol

i too torture my family with the lyrics i make up to about 10 different songs. i have 'Tie a yellow ribbon" with some obnoxious lyrics. i have "Yellow Submarine"... the "I'm in the money" song. i have my own song i made up called "Cool Beans" and i dance to that one with back up singers--it's actually up on youtube and yes i am my own back up singers.

i really think that classical music would be a great cure all for cutting down these loops. i haven't tried it yet but it's a good idea. i think classical music can change the neural pathyways in the brain and help the healing process. thanks for the idea! :)

I am not kidding but I constantly have The Ramones - I wanna be sedated  in my head at all times......HOW EFFED UP IS THAT?!!!!  :tickedoff:

Aw man that's a catchy one too. It didn't knock the happy out of my head though. Usually once a new one introduces itself it replaces the old one in my head. This one is stuck

Subliminal messages going on in our head perhaps... :idiot:

[f2...]

I am not kidding but I constantly have The Ramones - I wanna be sedated  in my head at all times......HOW EFFED UP IS THAT?!!!!  :tickedoff:

Aw man that's a catchy one too. It didn't knock the happy out of my head though. Usually once a new one introduces itself it replaces the old one in my head. This one is stuck

Subliminal messages going on in our head perhaps... :idiot:

I guess so, but the last thing I want to be is sedated...... I HATE SEDATED.

I just posted about this over in the post taper support forum. I had a couple weeks of relief from this and just 3 days ago, it all started back up again. My kids were watching Good Luck Charlie and the theme song started looping. It's been looping for 3 days and nights straight. Last night I woke up at 12 AM and the volume was cranked up on it and it was blaring and screeching. Then random unsolicited thoughts started cycling rapidly behind the music and it all twisted together into a chaotic cacophony from hell. It was horrible. This symptom started about 6 week ago and is about to drive me insane!

I just posted about this over in the post taper support forum. I had a couple weeks of relief from this and just 3 days ago, it all started back up again. My kids were watching Good Luck Charlie and the theme song started looping. It's been looping for 3 days and nights straight. Last night I woke up at 12 AM and the volume was cranked up on it and it was blaring and screeching. Then random unsolicited thoughts started cycling rapidly behind the music and it all twisted together into a chaotic cacophony from hell. It was horrible. This symptom started about 6 week ago and is about to drive me insane!

I posted this video a few days ago

[3d...]

Ks, he is hilarious. I'm looking up more clips of him.

But now the " tatatatatata a" from the circus is stuck in my head! :D

Thanks! You already ruined Frozen yoghurt for me.... :laugh:

:smitten:

I posted this video a few days ago

he is so funny K's! i started laughing before he started to talk 'cause he's got that comical face. i watched the true story about Richard Pryor last night. i can't believe how reckless he kept being right up to the end.

in keeping on topic of this thread:

i'm starting to notice--the minute i wake up now i don't have anything looping through my brain as when i did for about 20 months straight. i mean, the second i would awake i would have either looping song or a looping phrase from a movie or sitcom i watched and this week that has died down tremendously. i hope that is a good sign of healing. :)

Ks, he is hilarious. I'm looking up more clips of him.

But now the " tatatatatata a" from the circus is stuck in my head! :D

Thanks! You already ruined Frozen yoghurt for me.... :laugh:

:smitten:

Hahaha :oops:

Pd right? He always drinks before he goes onstage so he kind of has that raging drunk persona :laugh:

i swear to God -- lately, i am singing one diddy that i made up after another all day long. i just keep singing all these little songs that i made up. it's really really annoying and i am actually getting a litttle scared that there is something really wrong.

because i don't want to be that kind of person who is always singing or humming all the time - and i've become her :tickedoff:

what's going on? will this stop? is this part of the withdrawals? i don't llike it. i mean, once in awhile. i think it helps me handle the withdrawal symptoms better-- i'm sure but i don't like it. it's obsessive.

i swear to God -- lately, i am singing one diddy that i made up after another all day long. i just keep singing all these little songs that i made up. it's really really annoying and i am actually getting a litttle scared that there is something really wrong.

because i don't want to be that kind of person who is always singing or humming all the time - and i've become her :tickedoff:

what's going on? will this stop? is this part of the withdrawals? i don't llike it. i mean, once in awhile. i think it helps me handle the withdrawal symptoms better-- i'm sure but i don't like it. it's obsessive.

It will go away with time. This symptom has decreased for me significantly, about 95%. Unfortunately, now I am able to hear all of the damn tinnitus!  :2funny:

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I thought I was the only one that did that. There is a commercial or song playing in my head 24/7. Drives me nuts sometimes, especially when it's a stupid commercial! I've done it for so long, I thought it was just me, but now I have HOPE it will go away when the benzos are out of my system! *feel good moment of my day*

THANK YOU!

:D