The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Thanks Lynn, you've been a great help...............Tried contacting my Doctor, actually a nurse practitioner and couldn't get in touch.................I also have a method to my madness and that is with ruler with increments of 1/8 and so on.

I got this advice from one of the many Benzo advice sites out there..................The method is simple actually and this is to take an emery board and file off the desired amount and place it on the ruler I have the ruler reinforced with masking tape to act as a wall for the pill to lean up against.................Then reduce another 1/8 in 2 weeks and so on.

You reduced from 8 mg to 2 all at once?..............Wow, hope you didn't suffer too much.

I tried cold turkey last year and made it 4 days and thought I was going to go out of my mind and then I did the research.

Once again, thanks for the good advice.

Al

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lynn, you've been a great help...............Tried contacting my Doctor, actually a nurse practitioner and couldn't get in touch.................I also have a method to my madness and that is with ruler with increments of 1/8 and so on.

I got this advice from one of the many Benzo advice sites out there..................The method is simple actually and this is to take an emery board and file off the desired amount and place it on the ruler I have the ruler reinforced with masking tape to act as a wall for the pill to lean up against.................Then reduce another 1/8 in 2 weeks and so on.

You reduced from 8 mg to 2 all at once?..............Wow, hope you didn't suffer too much.

I tried cold turkey last year and made it 4 days and thought I was going to go out of my mind and then I did the research.

Once again, thanks for the good advice.

Al

My c/t attempt lasted 20hrs.  It felt like a freight train was hitting me.  And the cut from 8 to 2?  I was a walking zombie.  I think I was truly in a state of shock for quite some time...months.

Hey, all the best on your taper!  Hope you can get the .25's.

I'm 3 days away from hitting 18 months free of Xanax. I'm still suffering. In fact, the last couple months have felt alot like the first days after I jumped. Pain is my biggest struggle. Both of my jobs require standing and walking, so my poor legs and feet are in constant pain. I am currently experiencing a weakness in my legs too, and an odd depth issue... Possibly from my left eye going blurry all the time. I don't hear many people discuss the pain, so I'm scared it's something more, or I won't recover. Any encouragement is appreciated. Thank you for listening. 

Congrats on being off for 18 months!.............That being said, sorry to hear you're still going through stuff.

I haven't started my taper yet, although I have the plan..........just have to put it into action.

I've experienced many of the side effects and most probably inter dose w/d symptoms that you have listed except the pain.

I get a lot of stomach issues like cramping, bloating too.

My heart goes out to you and hang in there................ps, I've got tinnitus too!

• 2 years later...
I started my Xanax taper yesterday and I used to take everything once a day now im spreading it our because of inter dose withdrawals that are brutal, my total is 1.75, been on 5 months

I started my Xanax taper yesterday and I used to take everything once a day now im spreading it our because of inter dose withdrawals that are brutal, my total is 1.75, been on 5 months

Wow, you revitalized a very old thread. I wonder how the people who started this thread would report on their efforts?

In any case, I wish you the very best! 

Hi WP,

I used to take everything once a day now im spreading it our because of inter dose withdrawals that are brutal, my total is 1.75, been on 5 months

Sounds exactly like me - learning to "spread" from "@ night, for sleep".

I'm still finding my way about BB too... Followed directions, stopped into other "rooms" for Xanax folks, tbh the long 'spread-sheets' of doses are kinda scary...

I like then NAME of this one - How are you feeling today?

My Answer: Fair to partly useless. Need to get off my butt and go get groceries (why is that an Olympic event, dammit) I want to learn to LIVE again - in the real world...

How to escape from 'Demon X', the 'how much', when, how long between etc. - I gotta learn that too. But I'm afraid going "down the rabbit hole" OCD focused on it, I'll never learn how to LIVE again...

How are you feeling today? (no wrong answer  ;) )

Kind thoughts

LC

Maybe (I hope) some of the "Old Guard" Xan Warriors that know the ropes might use "this Thread" for hey, how's LIFE? Oh, I got a cat too, etc.

There's really good "science" over @ a "Taper, 1/2 way through" thread. But being barely stable, yet to see Doc, I'm just reading there.

THANKS so much

LC

I was surprised to see my old post on here from 18 months free. I'm going to be 43 months tomorrow and just came on to talk with a friend, as we have been following each others journeys. I now know why people seem to just disappear from the site, and we quit hearing from the veterans who are 3 to 5 years out. Its because you get back to life. You start to live again and you no longer have the desperation to seek out advice or answers. You wake up and never think of benzos or wd unless you have a symptom. Do yourself a little favor. Go into your phone, set an alarm at like the 40month mark. Have it remind you to come to this site and give hope to others.

How am I doing?

Well, mentally I'm really good! Very little dark thoughts these days, no more health anxiety. I even went through an awful break up recently. And survived!!! The stressors of life do still trigger mild symptoms,  but I almost have to really look at myself to see the old wave. For example,  I'm back to working 6 days a week on my feet. A couple emotional bumps at work caused me to not sleep well,  and that triggered tingling in my limbs, and mild joint pain. I obviously could tell I was uncomfortable, but had to really look at the pattern to identify it was a wave.

Last night I slept 9 hours. Phew. I needed it! I have continued with my therapist to work through the issues that brought xanax into my life, and I'm so thankful I did. Therapy saved my life. I learned ways to cope with the horrendous symptoms,  and learned techniques to slow my pace and think logically. It's a work in progress!

I hope this brings hope. May you all find the peace in recovery you deserve. Be blessed.

I was surprised to see my old post on here from 18 months free. I'm going to be 43 months tomorrow and just came on to talk with a friend, as we have been following each others journeys. I now know why people seem to just disappear from the site, and we quit hearing from the veterans who are 3 to 5 years out. Its because you get back to life. You start to live again and you no longer have the desperation to seek out advice or answers. You wake up and never think of benzos or wd unless you have a symptom. Do yourself a little favor. Go into your phone, set an alarm at like the 40month mark. Have it remind you to come to this site and give hope to others.

How am I doing?

Well, mentally I'm really good! Very little dark thoughts these days, no more health anxiety. I even went through an awful break up recently. And survived!!! The stressors of life do still trigger mild symptoms,  but I almost have to really look at myself to see the old wave. For example,  I'm back to working 6 days a week on my feet. A couple emotional bumps at work caused me to not sleep well,  and that triggered tingling in my limbs, and mild joint pain. I obviously could tell I was uncomfortable, but had to really look at the pattern to identify it was a wave.

Last night I slept 9 hours. Phew. I needed it! I have continued with my therapist to work through the issues that brought xanax into my life, and I'm so thankful I did. Therapy saved my life. I learned ways to cope with the horrendous symptoms,  and learned techniques to slow my pace and think logically. It's a work in progress!

I hope this brings hope. May you all find the peace in recovery you deserve. Be blessed.

Thanks for stepping in. We need recovery stories, and this is much appreciated.

Go into your phone, set an alarm at like the 40month mark. Have it remind you to come to this site and give hope to others.

How am I doing?

YAyyy Thank you Getting-

I don't have that kind of fone, but if I survive this I might still be here 'paying it forward'. Seems you're doing life, with it's imperfections and challenges far better.

Today I got to PT only 3 minutes late, hoping to get out for a bit more "Easy Does It - Do what I can"...

Kindness 2 ya

LC

How am I doing?

Wow thank you so much for this.

My mom is starting a taper plan for her xanax and she has been really nervous.

I just want to see her get back to normal.

Its good to hear that it's not impossible.

Wow an old xanax thread.

I've been holding my liquid xanax taper at 0.4 mg while I reduced the ambien from 10 mg to 5 mg. My symptoms have been very tolerable so far. Mainly brain fog. It's been very hard trying to concentrate, especially at work, the last few weeks. I'm hoping this week I level out. I will start tapering again next week after a big 2 day meeting that I have to be involved in this week.

Otherwise I'm taking this taper very slowly. Last spring I rushed it to get to the end quickly and, well, oops. That didn't work.

I'm more annoyed than anything that this process is so slow and laborious. Quitting a 10 year long heavy methamphetamine habit was easier than this. Although that was quite a bit more painful for me, at least it was over in a month or two.

Welcome hope. The more we share our stories, the more we become a tribe of fellow sojourners.

Our stories are all unique, yet we are here because from  disparate lives we have found ourselves in this place, at this time.

And, our current story is now very much the same.

Some aspects of xanax that are systemic are problems with interdose (don't we know it!)

Difficult to cross over. For some reason, many of us simply can't do it. I have tried 3 times, abysmal failure and setback.

The non linear nature seems a bit more pronounced with xanax than other benzo's, bu that might just be me. I never know what kind of day I am going to have.

Other issues as well. I hate that I have to make minuscule cuts to not go nuts. Just got my doctor to change me from .5 to .25, so I can split the .25 in half and make a .12 reduction instead of cutting the .5 in half and going with a .25 reduction: it sends me into great distress. And the slowness, gahhhhhh. It takes time.

This is hopefully, finally, the group that will thrive for the xanax people.

We want to hear from everyone, and hopefully, we will really feel validated and connected as we navigate this withdraw and injury.

And lets find goodness and hope as well. If you have a good day, tell us! If you have a good week, let us know. As you heal and become aware of positive changes in spite of withdraw, share.

This is for everything xanax, all stages, all experiences.

It's been very hard trying to concentrate, especially at work, the last few weeks. ...

You can WORK? Like regular? Rock on  :smitten:

My fool as* tried going back part time, it was going okay - then had house repair crisis... Never mind I had no bleedin' clue I'd been in interdose w/d since Feb or march... Kept getting weaker and bleaker - but never thought "Take more Xanax".

Now I'm so feeble - bring in a few bags of grocery, all wobbly and muddled ... Better than not leaving the house for days though.

Planning tomorrows "mission" - maybe run the trash to the dump.

GOOD to meet you

LC

I like the specific name for this thread!  How can I find it easily?

As for how I’m feeling....AGH!

Having a bit more anxiety, some days more than others.  Right now I am dealing with a painful swollen lymph node...and I am apprehensive about discussing it with my very small circle of family and friends.  I’m normally a very healthy person, physically, but since beginning my taper (which started out with a dramatic reduction) I have noticed I’m more sensitive to allergens, and fatigue.  I am convinced that the taper, which is obviously going to cause some anxiety, is causing my immune system to be weakened.  We all know stress can make us more succeptable to illnesses.  Right now, I don’t want to leave the house, very little appetite, and “benzo belly” keeps me in oversized sweats or pajamas most of the time. 

I’m very tired, both physically and mentally.  I will keep “moving forward”, but I’m realizing that I must take advantage of good days, and retreat to bed rest on bad days.  Xanax is an ugly beast.

Xanax veterans, my mom needs your help.

Where can we find resources specifically dealing with xanax?

I'm looking specifically for what supplements or nutrition seems to help.

This blog (https://drnicolecain.com/blog/the-top-6-nutrients-you-need-to-help-you-get-off-of-your-benzodiazapine) suggests taking:

Taurine

Inositol

L-Theanine

Glycine

Phosphatidyl Serine

Saw a similar "prescription" here: https://www.patrickholford.com/advice/how2quit-sleeping-pills-benzodiazepines

Does anyone have experience with this? This seems aimed at any benzos.. will it wokr for xanax? Will we just be throwing money away?

Thanks so much!

Xanax veterans, my mom needs your help.

Where can we find resources specifically dealing with xanax?

I'm looking specifically for what supplements or nutrition seems to help.

This blog (https://drnicolecain.com/blog/the-top-6-nutrients-you-need-to-help-you-get-off-of-your-benzodiazapine) suggests taking:

Taurine

Inositol

L-Theanine

Glycine

Phosphatidyl Serine

Saw a similar "prescription" here: https://www.patrickholford.com/advice/how2quit-sleeping-pills-benzodiazepines

Does anyone have experience with this? This seems aimed at any benzos.. will it wokr for xanax? Will we just be throwing money away?

Thanks so much!

Great question!

We have a thread for "other medications" that includes supplements.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=60.0

In general, most people have not found them helpful. It is important that if she does add supplements, she does one at a time. That way, she can gauge her reaction to it. If she did more than one and found it troublesome or better, she would not know which it is.

I guess I should have posted here.... I'm simply desperate at this point!

I'm at the point where I can't even stand the sound of my voice complaining but this symptom is horrific! For months now, (not every single day but more often than not) the muscles in the front of my neck, the sides and my throat completely tighten up to the point where I feel like I can't breath or swallow. It is so scary!! Granted, I have muscle tightness everywhere but this is unreal!  It literally terrifies me!  The average person would be calling 911 thinking that their throats was closing up.

I can't pin point it to any foods, etc. It's random. This started after I got below .75 mg and just keeps happening. I fact, ALL physical symptoms now are so bad that I'm starting to wonder if this isn't worth it.  I've come so far but I simply am not functioning at all. For the first time I'm truly depressed. I thought I'd be finished my taper by Thanksgiving but I don't even see how I can make another cut let alone finish. I'm more discouraged than I've EVER been. Literally sitting here sobbing (while trying to breathe). I'm lost. Sorry.

My severe symptoms (there are far more than the muscles) sound like people who endured a cold turkey. I'm honestly this disabled. Every muscle is frozen, can't breath, sleep, I'm dizzy, headache, pulse in stomach is constant, the list just keeps growing. I'm essentially housebound and I can't make sense of it. I'm so much worse now than I waslast year at 3 mgs. and I thought that was bad!!

Can this throats muscle issue truly be just from the taper? Has ANYONE had this and had it resolve? I'm scared and exhausted!

All I kept saying to my family last Christmas was, "And this time next year I'll be off if this drug!"  I don't see how now!

Lori

I guess I should have posted here.... I'm simply desperate at this point!

I'm at the point where I can't even stand the sound of my voice complaining but this symptom is horrific! For months now, (not every single day but more often than not) the muscles in the front of my neck, the sides and my throat completely tighten up to the point where I feel like I can't breath or swallow. It is so scary!! Granted, I have muscle tightness everywhere but this is unreal!  It literally terrifies me!  The average person would be calling 911 thinking that their throats was closing up.

I can't pin point it to any foods, etc. It's random. This started after I got below .75 mg and just keeps happening. I fact, ALL physical symptoms now are so bad that I'm starting to wonder if this isn't worth it.  I've come so far but I simply am not functioning at all. For the first time I'm truly depressed. I thought I'd be finished my taper by Thanksgiving but I don't even see how I can make another cut let alone finish. I'm more discouraged than I've EVER been. Literally sitting here sobbing (while trying to breathe). I'm lost. Sorry.

My severe symptoms (there are far more than the muscles) sound like people who endured a cold turkey. I'm honestly this disabled. Every muscle is frozen, can't breath, sleep, I'm dizzy, headache, pulse in stomach is constant, the list just keeps growing. I'm essentially housebound and I can't make sense of it. I'm so much worse now than I waslast year at 3 mgs. and I thought that was bad!!

Can this throats muscle issue truly be just from the taper? Has ANYONE had this and had it resolve? I'm scared and exhausted!

All I kept saying to my family last Christmas was, "And this time next year I'll be off if this drug!"  I don't see how now!

Lori

I tapered much faster than you did but, I realized that the symptoms of w/d'g were far worse than I expected. The symptoms of w/d'g were, for me, debilitating and indefinite in duration. After consulting with my physician and other medical professionals, I found relief from the symptoms in up-dosing and holding. I am again enjoying life with family & friends. Best Wishes

Lori,

It sounds like your CNS (imagine it as as separate entity apart from you) has hit a wall, and can't acclimate and find homeostasis. This can happen from a single cut, or a couple of cuts catching up all at once.

Ask your doctor, but I am thinking you can't move forward in this state, and an up dose might be beneficial. Get your CNS to stability, hold a bit, then really micro taper, perhaps a bit slower.

At the end of tapering, it usually gets very hard, and we have to adjust how we are reducing to ride this train to the end. It's not a race, Lori. It's a process that has many variables. Sometimes, no matter where one is in  their taper, one gets stuck in horrible symptoms. It is not unusual. It can be very discouraging, but we have to listen to our bodies, not our timetables.

Lori,

It sounds like your CNS (imagine it as as separate entity apart from you) has hit a wall, and can't acclimate and find homeostasis. This can happen from a single cut, or a couple of cuts catching up all at once.

Ask your doctor, but I am thinking you can't move forward in this state, and an up dose might be beneficial. Get your CNS to stability, hold a bit, then really micro taper, perhaps a bit slower.

At the end of tapering, it usually gets very hard, and we have to adjust how we are reducing to ride this train to the end. It's not a race, Lori. It's a process that has many variables. Sometimes, no matter where one is in  their taper, one gets stuck in horrible symptoms. It is not unusual. It can be very discouraging, but we have to listen to our bodies, not our timetables.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I don't "want" to updose. It makes me feel like a failure. A lot of it has to do with other people's perception of me and my progress and yet and I'm painfully aware of how incredibly wrong, unfair, illogical and self defeating that is.

I, too, have felt that I hit a wall months ago. Physically I've been horrible. While mental clarity improved greatly after 2.0 mgs, I got slammed with so many muscle and nerve symptoms that I've been in bed or on the sofa pretty much since September.

I'm gong to take today to truly think about this and re-evaluate. Of course my greatest fear is that I'll updose and hold only to find that the symptoms don't abate and then I'll be in a worse place. I doubt anyone can allieviate that fear.

Thank you so much for your insight. It's truly appreciated. Will keep all posted. 

Happy Halloween!