• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning CJ, Baddove, and Benzo Buddies,

Just here to wish everyone a fast recovery, and to let you know that the grass is greener on the other side of the hill. Just remember that you have to keep a positive attitude and keep on moving forward. I've been off of the Xanax for 4 good years, and it takes time for your brain to manufacture the chemical that once was there before taken this crazy drug. But you will get there, slow process, but doable.

If you have any questions that I might be able to answer, just shoot them my way, will do my best to accommodate everyone. 😄😃😀😊☺️😉😝😛

rocket

Good to hear that! I was on it for thirty years so it feels like my brain is rebooting now after all those years. Great to be xnax free though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

Thought I'd drop by to say hello.  I've been tapering xanax after 25yrs on benzo's and am finally getting to a low dose.  Low for me anyway - I started my taper at 8mg/day.  My last cut 4 days ago brought me down to .28mg.

I'm doing well on day 4 of a 10% cut.  This is the smallest amount I've ever dropped.  I've learned a couple of lessons by going too fast earlier this year and just came off a 4 month hold.  So far, so good on this cut but it's only day 4.  I'll know more in another week but if I don't have any problems after a few more days I will start to be pretty optimistic.  On day 2 I had a little chest pressure, shortness of breath and increased tinnitus.  Today it's only the elevated T - I've had pretty consistent T throughout my taper and at times it has been quite bad.  This is low now.

A whole bunch of bad sxs went away during the hold and I'm hoping that a slow taper from here on in will make things fairly easy.

I look forward to being a part of this group.

Congrats Lynn on getting so low!! :thumbsup: You are almost there! I am still dealing with elevated tinnitus too- so hopefully it is a symptom that will pass. What is your projected jump date? I'll be cheering for you.

Hi OTRM,

I've been following your thread and silently cheering all of you on!  :thumbsup:  Well, I'm taking the slow road (turtle/chicken method) and am a card-carrying member of the Long Hold Support Group so I anticipate another 6 months, depending.  I've been completely functional throughout with the exception of a couple weeks of the dizzies that put me in bed.  I've had pretty much all of the wd sxs.  Although they were quite bad at times they didn't make me non-functional and I started some holds when things were awful.  For the most part I have felt good and now even the lingering stuff is gone.  I think T may hang around and be the last to go after jump.  It's very low right now.

I've been following your progress and was impressed by your ability to get off so fast.  I am too chicken to do the same. :D

I just wanted my life back  so I went fast...don't know if that was the best course of action since I still have lots of symptoms now....maybe going slower would have avoided some of that...I just know that I am so relieved to be free of the xanax- it controlled my life for thirty years. Today I am going to Cape Cod and traveling  there without my xanax for the first time in 30 years...it feels strange, a little frightening ( no safety net) but oddly good too. I am hoping my side effects will let up soon and I will feel good- I focus on that. I am glad you feel great  and you will get to the end too at your own pace! Happy birthday America ! :clap:

We'll be on the Cape in mid-July for a week's vacation.  My husband is from there.  Hope you have good weather and a great time!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone here who has had muscle symptoms could let me know what they were like and how long they took to go away? Im currently benzo free 6 months out and still dealing with stiffness, spasms, cramping, a little tingling.

Also am taking zanaflex for this and reached my goal dose may 18 but felt more improvement in the past 5-6 days. Trying to figure out if this is my symptoms actually getting better or just meds building up in my system. If anyone has taken zanaflex Id be very thankful if you could let me know what you think or if you experienced this?

How often do you all dose short acting benzos? Is it better to dose more often even if you can't cover the whole day? Like if dosing twice, the ups and downs are bigger but if dosing more frequently, the ups and downs are smaller but there will be more during the day. Which is better for controlling interdose sx's especially as the dose gets lower and no matter how frequently you dose, that dose doesn't carry you to the next dose?

Thank you!

I have experimented with this a great deal prior to tapering. I started training my body to wait longer to dose, 10 minutes, 20 minutes , an hour, etc, until I hit time spans that cut me from 5 doses a day to 4. At 2 hours in, I feel the drop, no matter the dose. I have trained myself to wait 5 hours between my early am dose and early afternoon (the worst time for me) then 6, then 7. That is 4 doses a day.

I found I preferred 3 protracted interdose w/d experiences to several. My final dose is at bedtime, so no protracted interdose mess, I go to sleep. I do not allow myself to med overnight with the incessant insomnia, never did, so saved myself some grief there. The cortisol usually kicks in at 4 am, but I can usually wait until 5 am to take my first dose, sometimes longer, sometimes  I have to take it at 4 when the sxs are so acute. regardless, from there I start my hour count.

It really is a matter of personal preference for each individual. When I used smaller doses more often, I discovered I used more medication overall than going a bit (not much) larger and stretching the wait time.

This took time, and I started it prior to tapering, my body is still adjusting. However, if I take a dose at 4 hours, it feels horrible, my body is in the 5/6/7 hour rhythm.

Again, it is up to each individual to determine what works best for them. For me, longer holds are much easier to deal with.  I actually get some benefit from the larger dose, whereas with the more frequent smaller doses, each time I felt under medicated, and got no relief.

Hi Xanax Clubbers-

I'm new to this little Xanax club

Xanax is a nasty beeotch!

I'm going really slow. I don't care how long it takes. I will just take it day by day , and hopefully taper off it without having to C/O. currently dosing 4 times/ day so the I.D withdrawls haven't been too bad.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everyone out there in Bezobuddies,,

Just wanted to let everyone know that you will get better, and it does take time to recover from this nasty drug. But you have to stay strong and fight threw the symptoms, and you will get there. It's 4 years for me, I and still have little symptoms now and then, but no where as nasty as when I went cold turkey.

Everyone will heal at your own pace, and don't let anyone tell you differently. Your body will let you know if you are going to fast with tapering. Just go slow to let your brain make the chemical that you need to replenish, what the synthetic drug took from you when you where taking it. And your brain will.  So slow....    :thumbsup::);)

Will be on in a day or so to help anyone out that needs it.. or just inbox me a message, okay

Keep on smiling

Rocket

Hey xanax club,

Checking in @ .25.  Down over 95% from starting point!  Things are going quite well.  Taking my time and it's paying off.  Hope all are doing ok.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm new to the Xanax club, actually just a rookie. I only took Xanax for 4 weeks before figuring out it was bad news! I had a very bad reaction to high doses of Prednisone (severe depression/anxiety, heart palpitations, tight chest, extreme muscle twitches), so my GP put me on Xanax. It worked great, but I soon became tolerant and dependent. It took me a little while to get the hang of tapering, but it is absolutely true that slow and steady wins the race. I waited 10 days before the most recent tapper, and I'm not having too many problems. I've also found that riding my bicycle for about 1 hour a day really helps both in the "jitter" and "sleep" departments. Finally, I discovered that I couldn't take a B complex or caffeine, because both reved me up, and made my withdrawal much worse. I'll probably hold my current dose for 3 weeks because I need to take care of a sick parent during that time, but immediately afterwards I think I'll go to ~0.06 mg. Can't decide if I need to go to 0.3 mg after that, or just jump off after a couple of weeks. Suggestions? Where did you guys jump from?

Hi Mikie,

If I were you I'd probably take it as low as you can - but I am perhaps overly cautious.  I just believe that you may as well because there is no harm in going very slow and very low.  All things being equal, I figure that I'll just go ahead and remain cautious.  Some have no problem jumping sooner but I want to minimize the chance of post jump acute - not that there is any guarantee that it will make a difference!!!

You could see if you are fine after going to .06 and hold there.  I'd hold there for 3 wks because I had some wd catch up with me.  I was fine for a couple of weeks and then problems appeared.  Good luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello B Buddies,

Hope that everyone is feeling a little better today. And just to let everyone know, it doesn't take long for Xanax to get a hold on you. It seems from what I have read about it, only about three weeks, give or take a few days. It happened to me in that time. But only if the Doctors took this crap before they write a prescription to someone, they would think twice about it.

Just stay the course and stay focus, you will get better.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rocket

Hello My Friends,

Just checking in to see if everyone is doing okay toda, and to wish everyone a great weekend. I know that it will be very tough for some of our friends, but just try to stay strong and be with friends and family. This will keep your minds occupied all the time.

God Bless us all, and keep on pushing foward.

Rocket

thanks for the kind words!! We xanax groupies need to stick together. I am hanging in there after a monster  wave last week-  hoping the coming week will be better. Peace to all!

Hey Rocket,

Doing well here.  A few things from my cut 5 or 6 days ago, but not bad.  Hope you are well and enjoy the long weekend.

:smitten: :smitten:

Hello Ontheroadme and Lynn33,

Hope that your day is going okay. If you girls are have a little trouble but not that bad of a day. Just want to point out that it will get better for you both and everyone else on this site. For me when I was a little under the weather, I would brew up some tension tea that I would buy from Walmart. It comes in a box, and it works great. It makes you relax and smooths out my brain.

It might help everyone out with their withdraws. Nothing to lose, right. Just 2.25 cents.

Will try to check every few hours to see if anyone needs advice or help with their withdraws.

Stay focus, and keep moving foward, everything will be okay. Just push threw and stay busy.

:thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Smile

Rocket

• 2 months later...

Hi Xanax Club.

I'm feeling horrible. The headache is getting to me. I have a desire to just stop taking this medicine. And the disappointment that I'm dependent on it. When I quit all my meds c/t over three years ago I thought it was the opiates that were making my life hell and causing the extreme weight loss. Now I'm thinking the benzos were more of the issue.

Anyway, I have slowly gotten back on them. I was never good at taking them because they made me drowsy and I hate that. Then they put me on XRs and I thought life was great. Now it's hell because I am trapped and feel like a caged animal. My ears won't stop ringing. When I got sloppy last month and would go down to 0.5 after days at 1.5-2, I had muscle jerks all over. If it weren't for my teens at home and the memory of the heart/chest pain, I'd be more likely to quit these c/t.

I want to be better. I don't feel like I have a long haul, marathon race in me. Then again I don't know that c/t would be a sprint or that I have that in me either.

I also deal with chronic pain plus a surgery a couple months ago so I'm on Norco 5/325 three times a day prn. I thought it would be those that would be hard to come off of. I don't want to do both at once. I feel so screwed up.

Currently trying to take and space out 2 Xanax XR 0.5 and one regular 0.25. I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to cross over to the regulars...idk