Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hi K,

Lot's of ups n downs yet. Am getting out more these days but my mornings are ever so difficult yet. I wake up in a cog fog most mornings and loaded with anxiety. It takes 2-4 hrs for me to get myself composed and go about my day. I'm hitting the gym 3 days a week and loving that. Have lost some lbs and tightened up a little. Almost looking good for a 51 yr old, lol.

You seem cheery and good to see that. Hope you're doing well these days K !

Jim  :smitten:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone is getting some relief!  :smitten:

I am in a wave, 3rd day. (Fatigue, mild anxiety/panic attack, muscles twitching in arms and legs, pain/stiffness in neck, upper and lower back)

I wish us all comfort and complete healing very soon!  :smitten: :smitten:

• 4 months later...

Hello Kakeside64 and every B-Buddie

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back from over seas for a few months, and want to let everyone one know that I'm okay and here to help out anyone that has any Questions for me. Will try to answer everyone if I can. Sorry about the long time that I have been absent from my blog and the site, but just needed to get my ducks into the proper row.

Rocket

Good seein you Rocket. Nice of you to remember us here. No need to be sorry, life is moving on for you Rocket and I'm glad.

It's nearly spring here and it's so welcomed. Be seeing you around Rocket.

Jim

Lakeside,  are you still taking b vitamins for sleep?  It was 1 year in March since my c/t withdrawal.  I still have sleep issues.  I wake up about every 90 minutes all night long.

Hi Meggiemay, vitamin C helps me with the cortisol surges.  I'll take 2,000 mgs about 9:00 pm and an 8 oz glass of milk with a large tsp of honey all warmed up in the microwave. You can add a drop or 2 of vanilla extract to it if you like.

The B's are more my morning vitamins these days.

Thanks for asking Maggie... I'm doing better for the most part. But...the setback days are unreal. I have most days where I can push and achieve things, but not always able to drive yet. I've recently learned of the msg phenomena when I over indulged in Chinese buffet last week. I'm also experiencing a lot of derealization now. My depression isn't as bad as it was, just down and tears and no longer wishing to die. Have bad bouts of anxiety and still yearn for a night of 8 hrs of sleep. My longest thus far is close to 6 hrs one night now. most nights are 5 hrs and that's with 2 Benadryl and a glass, sometimes 2 glasses of milk and honey along with the vitamin C. There, I got it all out this time... sorry for only saying vita C and milk earlier, I had forgot about the Benadryl.

So, how's things for you now ?

Lakeside,  I wish I could I say I am 100 % healed, but I am not.  Occasional waves that catch me off guard, and still major sleep issues.  When in acute, I would get that feeling in my stomach, like when you drop down a roller coaster, about 30 times a day for no apparent reason.  I still have moments when that will happen, but it is much less.  I was only on Xanax for 3 months (51 pills over 90 days), just for sleep.  I see you were on it much longer than me.  I don't know how someone can even function on it that long.  I hit tolerance at 7 weeks, and had all of this anxiety and strange symptoms, and did not know then it was the Xanax causing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Just over 4 months and seems like I'm not getting anywhere, but I know I am. A lot of physical symptoms have subsided. Ear issues, cognition/memory/focus, anxiety and everything that comes with the anxiety are still going relatively strong with sporadic moments of relief.

Praying to see "significant" relief at 6 months. Praying for all of you!

How's everyone doing? My ears realllly took a beating. I'm sensitive to light but it's not debilitating. My ears are though. aches, pops, pressure, tinnitus, but, worst of all, the sensitivity. My ear drums retract at noise, even at my own voice. It's horrible. Anyone else? Anyone who's healed? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Good Morning Everyone,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing and to answer any question at my Benzo Buddies have, if any. Life will get better for you as time goes by. You just have to keep a positive attitude, and look forward to the future. Just to let you know, there is life after Benzos, and they will not run your life for long. Keep your chin up and always look forward...

God Bless, and keep on smiling

ROCKET

thanks for checking in- I am hanging on till the end of my xanax taper after being on it for thirty years....the last few cuts have been very tough. It is always good to hear from people who have made it through to a life without xanax....the thought of that life is what keeps me going on a bad day.

Hey Rocket,

Good of you to still check in. I'm ever so slowly improving. Had a window not long ago and the waves since haven't been quite as intense. Still a long ways from being functional though and working, although I'm trying.

It's such a long journey. Glad life is better for you man.

Jim

Good Morning Everyone,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing and to answer any question at my Benzo Buddies have, if any. Life will get better for you as time goes by. You just have to keep a positive attitude, and look forward to the future. Just to let you know, there is life after Benzos, and they will not run your life for long. Keep your chin up and always look forward...

God Bless, and keep on smiling

ROCKET

How nice of you to check in. How great is healed life? I'm not horrible all the time. It is getting better. My worst symptom? The intrusive racing thoughts. I hope they slow or become my own eventually. I'm told they will - I just enjoy reassurance on this one. It's maddening!

Never again

lakeside the 1st time i ct xanax i felt significantly better at 9 months.  Alot if people say 10 month xanax free is a breakthrough and symptoms either get better,  i have a theory that maybe the symptoms do get a little better but also maybe we just accept that as our new normal as our brains slowly continue to get better.  Looking back in hindsight i can remember being many months clean and my buddies wife patting me on back and she was like "omg feel his back he trembling all the time"  i did not even realize it as it had become my new normal.  I wonder sometimes if some of us should stay on for life?

lakeside the 1st time i ct xanax i felt significantly better at 9 months.  Alot if people say 10 month xanax free is a breakthrough and symptoms either get better,  i have a theory that maybe the symptoms do get a little better but also maybe we just accept that as our new normal as our brains slowly continue to get better.  Looking back in hindsight i can remember being many months clean and my buddies wife patting me on back and she was like "omg feel his back he trembling all the time"  i did not even realize it as it had become my new normal.  I wonder sometimes if some of us should stay on for life?

A lot of food for thought there. As for me and for life, no way. My judgment for making good decisions became so clouded, it was unreal and I won't go into detail about the hideous decisions I've made while I was taking Xanax. It's weird how I can already see things and am yet to be healed. I know what you mean by the new normal, but mine keeps changing up on me. Usually for the better now, but still no true algorithms. Saw my doctor today and let her know I couldn't take the Gabapentin she prescribed for me. We talked and I told her I started taking high doses of niacin. I read an article by a doctor who is an MD, PhD and he began doing that with this patients and had drastic improvements. So, I figured why not try it and I did and it's helping. I take 250 mgs am and pm. I began with 500 mgs but had a flush (read up on it), and cut it in half. It's amazing.....I'll go get the link and attach for you guys.

as for being a lifer its possible i may go that route but i hope not.  Get us that link i may check out this niacin you speak of. Every 2 weeks on taper down day ive been dosing phenibut and its been okay.

Your Welcome Timebomb. You'll see where he says to begin at 50 mgs. and work your way up towards the flush. My store only had 500 mg capsules, so I got those and took one. It gave me a mild flush for a few minutes. I now take half of a capsule and 250 mgs seems fine. I'm sleeping better.....fell asleep around 11:00 last night and woke up and went to bed until 6:30 this morning. Slept most of it too. Best night of sleep for me in 45 month's now. My thinking is becoming more positive and much less depressive. I'm not crying, which was a daily occurrence. Have gone from barely getting out once a day to walk my dogs to 3 three times a day plus taking them down to the lake to go swimming now. This niacin has completely and totally turned my life around into the right direction now.

I'm not saying I'm healed, by any means. But, I am saying that I can feel it and see it now. For the few bucks it is for a bottle of this stuff and it's nonaddictive, it's worth the shot. Just don't overdue it like I did with 500 mgs first time taking it and get the tablets, not the capsules.

Wait, I went and got my bottle and it's 100 mg of inositol with 400 mgs of niacin. Inositol is good for us too. It's all they had when I went to the store or at least it's what I found.

So, I'm taking 200 mgs of niacin twice a day and 50 mgs of inositol twice a day. But its all in one capsule.

WOW did you say 45 months?

Sure did.....September 10 will be 4 yrs. I would not recommend a c/t from any dose if one was on it long term, such as I was.