Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Weightlifting too much?

[cl...]

Who has found lifting weights to be too much? I want to try it but I'm worried its gonna jack my cortisol up and cause a flare up of symptoms. Just curious to know you guy's/gal's experiences.

TIA

• Like 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

Who has found lifting weights to be too much? I want to try it but I'm worried its gonna jack my cortisol up and cause a flare up of symptoms. Just curious to know you guy's/gal's experiences.

TIA

I had a three day wave because I went for a fkg jog. Really pissed me off. Some people here dont have any problems though. I'd start light and test the water.

• Sad 1

[PE...]

Just got home from the gym and it's the best moment of the day.

I work my ass off three. 30 minutes cardio, a snack, and 30 minutes lifting and it makes me feel like on clouds!!

This surley helps my healing speed up.

• Like 1

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I had a three day wave because I went for a fkg jog. Really pissed me off. Some people here dont have any problems though. I'd start light and test the water.

I'm truly sorry for you.. try later on in recovery.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

I'm truly sorry for you.. try later on in recovery.

Thanks Pepe, yeah I'm going to. Like you I beleive it can only help if you can tolorate it. 

• Like 1

[Br...]

@[cl...] - I think you're wise to approach this cautiously.  It may turn out it really helps you get through your withdrawal but I agree it's best to start slowly and use much lighter weights than you think you can handle.  Like @[jo...] I found out that pushing too hard by exercising vigorously made me feel terrible.  It revved up my symptoms and got my cortisol surging.  When that settled down I started exercising very gently - it was a lot less intense exercise than I did prior to benzo withdrawal.  We're so sensitized during withdrawal that "normal" things can stress our systems and intensify symptom.

• Like 1

[OD...]

I had to switch to very, very slow time-under-tension style training. Any heavy or explosive lifting, which is my preference, triggers terrible heart palpitations, shortness of breath and a host of other symptoms that will last for up to a day sometimes. The very slow training, which automatically forces me to use much lighter weights, I find quite boring, but over the past almost two years has allowed me to maintain 100%, which is great.

• Like 1

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[O...] said:

I had to switch to very, very slow time-under-tension style training. Any heavy or explosive lifting, which is my preference, triggers terrible heart palpitations, shortness of breath and a host of other symptoms that will last for up to a day sometimes. The very slow training, which automatically forces me to use much lighter weights, I find quite boring, but over the past almost two years has allowed me to maintain 100%, which is great.

Good solution!

[Ho...]
4 hours ago, [[c...] said:

TIA

I didn't lift for a looooooong time, and when I tried again I was soaked in sweat, even though I started low; low reps, low weights, 20 minutes light cardio. It didn't rev me, really. Just annoyed me to pieces and made me not want to go to the gym. I ended up stuffing paper towels under my clothes, waistband etc and going to the restroom to change them out. 

I think it's a bit of a detox. It lightens your body's load and lifts you a bit, if you do it sort of regularly. Weird how everything healthy during this benzo healing is good, and when you go without, you miss that bit of a boost!

HCH

[cl...]

I was jogging before last October and im wondering if it caused my major setback. I felt so good after though.  The endorphins alone made me feel normal again.  Now I'm too dizzy to do it anymore. I have to use something to walk with now. I've been off 4 and half years now

[jo...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

I was jogging before last October and im wondering if it caused my major setback. I felt so good after though.  The endorphins alone made me feel normal again.  Now I'm too dizzy to do it anymore. I have to use something to walk with now. I've been off 4 and half years now

Hi. I had a similar experince when I went for a 4k jog and it put me in a wave for a 2/3 days. Some people tolorate it ok but some have to be more careful. I also found out that alcohol is a big no no. Trial and error I guess.