The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

...I'm honestly this disabled. Every muscle is frozen, can't breath, sleep, I'm dizzy, headache, pulse in stomach is constant, the list just keeps growing. I'm essentially housebound and I can't make sense of it. ...

Darn Lori - The courage you've invested enduring so long - WOW.

When was the last time you saw your "neck down" PCP for blood work? What you've described might be electrolyte imbalance - equally possible a vitamin deficient. If ya can, ask for a full "Lab - Panel". Meanwhile, gatorade (if you can tolerate) may help.

And try not to beat yourself up so hard... Hurts my heart when ya do that  :smitten:

LC

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good plan Lori. Remember, we don't usually feel a change in dosage right away, the average is day 3. If you decide to updose, keep that in mind. Give it a chance. I don't want you to updose and get discouraged after 1 or 2 days when nothing seems to change. By day 3, you should feel it, perhaps sooner.

So many fears! I know! The "will this work,"is a big one.

Someone in the BB universe wrote something I really liked and saved. I wish I remembered who wrote this, so I could credit them:

Benzo brain just loves to tear you down. You are worthy and you will be the "You," that you used to be in time.

Benzo thoughts are clouds of crap most of the time and the best thing to do is watch them drift away.

Whatever happens, we are here for you.

Maybe (I hope) some of the "Old Guard" Xan Warriors that know the ropes might use "this Thread" for hey, how's LIFE? Oh, I got a cat too, etc.

There's really good "science" over @ a "Taper, 1/2 way through" thread. But being barely stable, yet to see Doc, I'm just reading there.

THANKS so much

LC

Old Guard here... glad to see an active and cohesive support thread. This one isn’t as old as the one I was part of in 2012.

Life is better than ever these days...gratitude for life is immense.

:smitten:

Old Guard here... glad to see an active and cohesive support thread. This one isn’t as old as the one I was part of in 2012.

Doing my best to find my way around, someone even newer 'bumped' it up... or I'd never have seen it. Seemed we were missing a place to share about "Life Beyond (or beside) Xanax", I couldn't be alone needin a "squad" for that?

Thanks so much for having a BB for us all...

Elvis is now LEAVING the building. And WILL participate in the outside world, if only visit the dump and some errands, DARNIT  :D

-={HUGZ}=-

LC

...I'm honestly this disabled. Every muscle is frozen, can't breath, sleep, I'm dizzy, headache, pulse in stomach is constant, the list just keeps growing. I'm essentially housebound and I can't make sense of it. ...

Darn Lori - The courage you've invested enduring so long - WOW.

When was the last time you saw your "neck down" PCP for blood work? What you've described might be electrolyte imbalance - equally possible a vitamin deficient. If ya can, ask for a full "Lab - Panel". Meanwhile, gatorade (if you can tolerate) may help.

And try not to beat yourself up so hard... Hurts my heart when ya do that  :smitten:

LC

Thanks, LC!

To answer your question, I've had every ounce of blood work imaginable on 3 separate occasions through my taper (as well as X-rays, CT Scans, etc). Full panels, checked all vitamin levels for deficiencies, comprehensive thyroid panel, .... you name it, I've had it. All fine. Ugh!  Nevertheless, thanks for your suggestions and kind words! I certainly needed them today.

Hugs to you.. and all who have been so kind!

Fondly,

Lori

Sounds like a good plan Lori. Remember, we don't usually feel a change in dosage right away, the average is day 3. If you decide to updose, keep that in mind. Give it a chance. I don't want you to updose and get discouraged after 1 or 2 days when nothing seems to change. By day 3, you should feel it, perhaps sooner.

So many fears! I know! The "will this work,"is a big one.

Someone in the BB universe wrote something I really liked and saved. I wish I remembered who wrote this, so I could credit them:

Benzo brain just loves to tear you down. You are worthy and you will be the "You," that you used to be in time.

Benzo thoughts are clouds of crap most of the time and the best thing to do is watch them drift away.

Whatever happens, we are here for you.

Perfect quote!!!

I think the updose in June was a problem for me. I did it for only 3 days and it was only a very slight updose. I felt better (significantly) and then mistook that for maybe I didn't give the original cut enough time and then went full speed ahead again. I never truly recovered. My signature isn't correct. Don't know how that happened. Now? I'm trying to figure out a dose. I'm going to try .75 for a week. I'll see how I do and hopefully it will work... hold for a bit, and then, as you suggested,  go much slower!!! 

Again, many thanks!  :smitten:

Lori

To answer your question, I've had every ounce of blood work imaginable on 3 separate occasions through my taper (as well as X-rays, CT Scans, etc). Full panels, checked all vitamin levels for deficiencies, comprehensive thyroid panel, .... you name it, I've had it. All fine. Ugh! 

From your long, right on time "taper sig" I sensed you're keen on doing things right - and wouldn't neglect the basics. Is my asked a recent 'Panel'. You're on this gal. But like baddove was sayin' - sounds like right NOW "it's on you".

You've done everything RIGHT, far better than my "sneaking off, wiggling my way down" route... Could just be - because chemistry, and bodies don't work in linear regression - You've hit a "speed bump".

I'm real new with this, but so far sense there's an element of playing it by ear. The science/biology part, in hypothetically lays out in a tidy spread-sheet (fun fact, I rocked Physic's, Statics, all that engineering stuff. Cant get past "simple cash balance" much less to a spread sheet) Engineer's have to draw cartoons to do math  ???

If you don't feel any relief "on hold" consider copy-paste that symptom post over to "Withdraw Support"? Cause you'll got tons more "That happened to me when" and "I got through By" (or I got worse when) - I find if I look through all the feedbacks (mostly other PPL Q's) I find "key principles" that hold true - especially in the "got better whens"...

Perfection is NOT AN OPTION - even without Benzo's :)

Keep us in the loop  :smitten:

LC

After a significant initial cut, and continued tapering with small cuts, I’m a little less than half of my original dose of Xanax, and have just a couple of “rescue Ambien”, which I’m avoiding.  I feel I have been getting what I consider good sleep (still less than 6 hours).  I’m not having as many panic attacks from social situations....crowds, malls, fairs, stores....and my brain seems to be able to fall asleep when I rest.  Im still sensitive to bright sunlight, and too much background noise still causes some anxiety.  Having days where I accomplish a lot, other days absolutely no ambition.  I guess I’m healing, and consider myself lucky for not having a bad time so far!  Doc is still NOT cooperating with me as far as prescribing smaller dosage tablets, but I’m working around that issue as best I can.  Will see him again in December, and I may have to press the issue. 

It is unfathomable that a doctor wouldn’t prescribe the same amount in smaller size pills, especially to help a patient taper.  Just absurd. I wonder if a pharmacist can make the change?

Apparently pharmacists have some ability to adjust medications. Doesn’t directly address pill sizes, but opens the possibility of conv=ferring with your pharmacist about the possibility: https://www.uniprix.com/en/tips/1/health/your-pharmacist-can-adjust-prescriptions

It is unfathomable that a doctor wouldn’t prescribe the same amount in smaller size pills, especially to help a patient taper.  Just absurd. I wonder if a pharmacist can make the change?

Apparently pharmacists have some ability to adjust medications. Doesn’t directly address pill sizes, but opens the possibility of conv=ferring with your pharmacist about the possibility: https://www.uniprix.com/en/tips/1/health/your-pharmacist-can-adjust-prescriptions

That is a Canadian website. In California where I live I don't think they can do that.

Challis99-

I have spoken with my pharmacist twice, and he told me he can’t alter how a controlled substance is written by doc.  Must dispense as written.  I’m working with what I have, though!  Dec. 6 I see doc.  We will talk about it then.  😊

I can confirm what Lady Lake wrote. With controlled substances, the pharmacist can't alter the dosage, quantity, refill date, nothing.

Just ask your doc. I had mine change me from .5 to .25 of xanax, as I can't handle a .25 drop at this time. Will cut it from 2 of my 4 doses to start (I have learned from experience to not cut every dose, but 2 of them.  This way, I can snap the .25 in half and reduce that (12.5) I also have 1 MG pills as my dose is so high, those are fine for now. Will get them later today.

I have scales, but what a pain they are. For me, for now, those. 25 pills are the ticket.

Hopefully, the drop wont be a bad one.

Ah, Canadian website... I didn’t catch that. Thanks for the heads-up.

I still don’t understand why a doctor wouldn’t prescribe a smaller tablet.  Why in the world not?  :-\

Hi Everyone - Have been to Dr. He was dubous on notion of "cross over".

@Challis - - Even w/ long, transparent, rel. wtih good doc - going to 1/2's instead of 1mg was a long chat  :-\

Im now "official", trying to taper. Will quit saying "trying" when a 'rough' day is 1.5

Had been on 1 - 2 mg Xanax @ night, ONLY. Yecch, but it worked. Since early 2017.  I got "to BB" cause the Xan had gone into Interdose w/d during daytime.. Took me 6 months of spiraling yo-yo depression, till the 'Tremor' started up. In the 2 week wait to see Doc, I found that "timing" my Xan over the day stabilized somewhat... hard on 1mg tabs.

Am now  on .5 tabs, not 1mg. Current limit 3.3 tabs per day = (+/-)  1.7 mg daily. Basicly 6 .25 doses.

The challenge is how to space 2 to MAX 3 "quarters" over day, leaving the last One mg (4 quarters) for night.

Notes: I have Autism Spectrum, Organic (multiple mTBI) insomnia, PTSD, ADHD, & MDD (~trd) no Anxiety - Sorry?

Other meds:

10 mg Ritalin AM (ADHD MDD)

10 "  "  noon

Cutting down to 6 - 7mg never later than 4PM (for the sandman?)

1 mg T-Cyp IM per week --  MDD (No, it's not pretty, but it's the "Silver Bullet")

---- FWR, the HRT "buffers" the interdose, it was HELL when I couldn't afford

Donezepil (Aricept) for MCI, (mTBI)

CHICKEN for dinner (tryptophan!)

Last dose Xan @ 9:30pm, 5mg Melatnonin usually I'll go down.

=========================================

The Autonomic sleep / wake switch is toast folks. Since the Cerebral Hypoxia. (96)

before the Ritalin, I had both orthostatic hypotension (fried autonomic) and somethin' like narcolepsy. When the TREMOR began, I quit this first (round up usual suspect?) limp dish-rag zombie, but still Tremor in evening (then the crying) ... I guess cause "No Anxiety" the racing heart & etc no issue (yet)(?)

Close to Chain-smoke Or Copenhagen. Try very VERY hard to only "mini-dip" especially after 6pm. Avoid Nic-Spikes.

---------------------------------------

These are "new pills" same size, dif color, possible dif maker - either way I guess cause they're "Stepped On" they're not kicking in @ night the same. (the green ones did, w/ similar doses in day) :-[

The .25 Dose (about 1pm, before pre-tremor) affects "sequential recall", next about 5:ish (pre-tremor) ... 7ish here we go again (feels like a got "The parky")  By then I can drive okay, but brain feels like "short bus"

But MUCH more stable than I was. Gona hold as I get feel for the new tabs, waiting for input. WHEN to cut (Nite? or the day ones?) and how much.

Have heard solid bump of magnesium  is pretty safe for sleep(?), but not sure how it skews electrolyes or Gluta etc. I'm ok with the Sx of it. Clonidine took a hard toll on lower GI.

====================

It's okay to say I'm doin' it wrong. I'm about as fragile as an anvil, and almost as smart  :o  ALL INPUT IS WELCOME

Lost cause. The brand you take matters. The new pills may be one of the not very effective ones. From experience and input, here are the generics which are the best: Sandox, Greenstone, Activis.

I have had them all,  using greenstone for the past few months.  It comes in multiple sizes, and I personally prefer it over  the other brands.

You can ask your pharmacist in the USA for a brand change, not sure about Canada, eh?

You can ask your pharmacist in the USA for a brand change, not sure about Canada, eh?

I've got a really good Pharma (US). I'll ask him, if possible, not to change brands while I'm on .5's. Challenge is, I'm on medi-CAID the lowest end of coverage. They may have to pick the cheapest Generic for us QMB people. The size, shape and 'performance' of Ritalin has varied over the years.

I'm a Canadian exile  ???  It seems the US "Major Info Portals" (WebMd, drugs.gov) are absolutely STUCK ON SESAME STREET.

For full and complete information  nhs.uk  etc are better. CANADA's "drugbank.ca" soundly trumps our .gov short bus.

Here's the (oh! Canada) listing for Aricept:  ---> https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00843

ALL the info, basics up top, scroll down FULL details - no Advertising = WIN

LC

I’m really having a lot of anxiety. I gave gone down from 3mg Xanax in June,2019, to 1.98mg as of the 1st of November.

Any suggestions?

If I follow this taper schedule, I’ll jump off in July, 2020 at .05mg.

The dr wants me to go a little faster, but I don’t think I can.

I could just use some encouragement and advice.

Thanks,

SS2

You have done great tapering, congrats. As to the anxiety, and any other symptoms, I suggest you look for non medicinal ways to get through them and seek some relief.  Decide your going to function anyway, and remind yourself you have what it takes to get through this. We are accustomed to use a pill, a herb, something we can take to feel better. The sooner  you leave that thinking behind, the better you will be at learning to cope.

Remember, the anxiety is temporary, it's a manifestation of withdraw.

I am going to load you up with information, so take it in as you can.

Do some self education on why this is happening first, this is excellent:

"What is happening in your brain," is a wonderful place to start your self education. It explains why we experience all the things we do, and that they are all signs of healing. You will now doubt see your symptoms in that list.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

How benzo's cause anxiety:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110964.0

As to coping skills, there are many, and they are effective in getting through.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79096.0

1. Distraction. When something has most of our attention, you still have the anxiety, but it isn't the dominant feeling running us. This is anything and everything that engages your mental attention.

2. meditation (Bloom in wellness) on You Tube is amazing

3. Physical activity. Get up. Walk. If you can do more, Yoga is very good, and if you can do more than that, cardio.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232036.0

I’m really having a lot of anxiety. I gave gone down from 3mg Xanax in June,2019, to 1.98mg as of the 1st of November.

---<snip>---

That's why we're here  ;)

When I finally negotiated Doc into taper, he cut me from 1 - 2 (1 mg) pills @ night, a "free floating" hold I seldom get to "TWO", either way interdose got to me.

So he went with 3.3333 half mg pills. (100 pills, 30 days, grrrr) it's not a hard "cut".

What HAS been sketchy is 'balancing out' my "One Big Spike" (at night, for sleep) into a smoother curve. It'd be easier to draw the graphs - will probably do that before seeking feedback over at "Plan your Taper"

When do you see the Doc? Self-Direct taper is real important - but some Dr. don't have time in a 10 minute consult for that chat. If you have a "neck DOWN" gp/PcP, it helps if they're in the loop. For instance if you report you w.d symptoms, and status to the Neck-Down Dr., ask for copy of your chart, carry to Psych. Dr, --- you have back up.

Good to meet you  :smitten:

LC

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SS2

Be prepared for worsening and even debilitating symptoms that may last indefinitely, especially at lower dosages.  Have you asked your doctor about up-dosing/reinstating if your symptoms become unbearable? Sincere Best Wishes

Don't go faster. go slower. you have cut by 33% in 5 months. I would at least hold until some symptoms calmed down. If your Dr. wants you off sooner, I suggest a different Dr.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SS2

I'm just checking in freinds...

Still learning the "Not all tablets are Created Equal" since the recent cut... it's been a stable day, then a OMG day since then. Which means like it or not - some days it's 1.4, next day all of the 1.7 I'm allowed... I only take my dose when I feel "IT" coming on, only enough to keep the shake off...

I'm just trying to figure out how to make it ONE point 5 every day, and have some notion when I'll be able to drive after WHEN I'll wake up etc...

The SAME amount (I'm down to 1.5 mg now), but now there's Different Chalk pressed into the tab.  Keeps me from interdose, but the CHALK's changed everything.

Night dose (with the earlier dose still on board) needs over an hour to "upload the file" & take effect.  But I'm not waking up at 0340, or every time a car passes. ???  I'm down so hard I don't hear phone etc... almost 9 hours. wtf! I'm taking LESS.

The damn "Chalk" means over an hour of "Moldy Oatmeal" mush in the AM like Klonopin use to do?  YUCK!!

So I carry a .5 broke half, when "it starts" take a .25 (now about 4PM) and try to wait 2 hours for the next 1/4... Doesn't always go my way though... and save my "One" for night.

Now I'm logging what goes in, when it does the job, when it starts getting greedy... a pattern will HAVE to emerge... I should probably take the night dose with the "Food Tank" sucking fumes & eat an hour after. Then I'll be able to gage if I can CUT night dose a bit.

"Able to Gage" I should probably wait till I get SOME sort of stable "schedule" happening?

THANKS

LC