• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone,

Haven been on for a few months, just took some time off to see if back to normal yet, but will say that I might be about 85 percent, and still have some time left. And for the new members and the buddies that have been here for awhile. You will get better in time. Just try to hang in there.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy New Year,    :D;):P

Rocket

Happy New Year Everyone,

Just a short note to let everyone know that you are not alone at all. There are many Benzo Buddies out there that will help you get threw the bad times you are going threw, excluding Myself. Any Questios, all you have to do is ask, and you should get an answer to help you out. There are better times ahead. So stay strong, and try to keep a positive attitude, and you will get to that goal that you set for yourself.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Keep on Smiling,  :)

Rocket

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks OTRM....I have wanted to find this Group for a while.

Hi to All.  I have tapered Down to 1mg per day, at one time I was up yo 6 Mgs per Day PLUS 50 mgs of Librium ( Xanax since 1996...Librium added in 2007....Tapered OFF Librium this 3 Months Ago).  :)

Now...I would like to Taper Off Xanax completely. I go 12 to 18 Hours with out dosing sometimes...but then I get the very Uncomfortable symptoms of anxiety....slight panic and DP and DR. So,  I take .5 mgs until Bedtime.

I added 50mgs of Zoloft 3 months ago , and it has greatly relieved the depression and other symptoms I was having During and After my Librium Taper.

However....unlike previous Zoloft use ( during the Winter Months) This Time...it is not AS effective since Librium is Missing.

Make sense to anyone?

I don't know IAM, I ditched 25yrs of prozac with my first xanax cut.  Anxiety and depression went out the window and haven't been back (2yrs now).  I don't know if it was the high dose of xanax or the prozac, or both, causing my depression. 

I understand Lynn33..... Both Benzos and AD's have their own set of side-effects, so after we have been on them we forget is it the Original condition? Is is CAUSED by the Benzo and/or AD ? or did we develop a new mental health Issue because of  aging 2 or 3 Decades ????????????? 

:idiot::-\::)

By the way....you continue to take the Lamactil ( since 2007 ) right? Its an anti-seizure / convulsant with an Off -label Use as a Mood Stablizer Correct?

IAD,

I dropped the lamictal from 300 to 200 back in Nov b/c I thought it was causing restless legs (rl went away but it might have been X wd).  I'm staying on Lamictal because my mood has been thru the roof great since day one of this taper.  After the horror of my decades depression I will not rock the boat.  I am well and truly terrified of falling down that black hole again.  Yes, it is an off-label mood stabilizer.

Congratulations on Tapering Xanax and Prozac.

Not an easy Task~

Glad you have found relief for depression....it is best not to Rock the Boat as you put it.

Depression robs people of really living life.

Thanks for redirecting this for support. My taper is like a moving target. One level has its variety of symptoms, next cut...new symptoms with little overlap. This cut is the cardio cut. I'm now on a beta blocker due to very high bp and palpitations. Wonder what the next cut will bring? Anyone get less symptoms as they get lower? Looking for something hopeful.

Struggling with Agoraphobia since tapering Librium last Year.

I am still on xanax ( 1mg-1.5mgs per day)

My particular brand of agoraphobia is related to traveling and being alone.

Both have bothered me in the past, but usually adding Zoloft for a few months gets rid of it.

Not this time.

The Librium taper has changed how I feel, and even xanax and Zoloft are not working to relieve my fear of traveling more than 30minuted from home by myself.

Any other xanax users have have this problem?

I am experiencing traveling anxiety. I have no problem leaving home and driving as long as it is not too far. I went to Las Vegas and had an entire weekend of panic attacks. I need to get past this as I have several must go trips including a destination wedding for my daughter. I expect to be done with Xanax by the end of March. Hoping it stops soon!! This is not me..I have traveled as far as Australia and never had an issue. The lower I get, the worse it gets. Seems odd and contrary to what should be happening.

Benn doing some research, and also reminding myself of things I already knew...but had forgotten.  Agoraphobia , Panic Attacks, Physical Symptoms, etc....are all KNOWN to be related to Anxiety.

I know that sounds simplistic....but being on xanax for so long does have an effect on learning, memory and many other functions of our mind and body.

To artificially supply our bodies for a long period of time with a synthetic relaxer like xanax.....has obviously come with a price.

Namely....when you remove or cut back on the artificial relaxer...or CNS says in effect.. WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to weening off this drug, and allow my bodies natural calming effect ( Gaba Receptors)  once again do what God made them to do.

I think I am stable right now...so this week I plan to begin Tapering Xanax.

I keep waiting for the "Right Time" ....but it never seems to come :)

1-1.5Mgs per day may not seem like much to taper from...but those who have been on xanax will understand.. It literally becomes a part of your daily life. Mentally and Physically.

I Will keep posting just to keep myself focused and not procrastinate anymore.

Here we go...January 23 2017. Going to Update my Signature Line

I go to the eye doc today for annual check up. Anything to be concerned about with the various eye drops? Thank you from a newbie. On large dose of xanax since 1981 for panic attacks-not much known about addictive property of of xanax. Have tapered from 6.25 to 4.75 in about a year and a half (slow and small).

I don't have problems with eye drops or novocaine or flu shots or anything, really.  You've made grate progress.  Slow is absolutely the way to go. :thumbsup:

Serious about reducing my dose starting TODAY.

Ive procrastinated long enough.

Pill Cutter or Razor Blade to cut my 1MG Xanax Pills?

Experiences please.....

Thanks in advance

Hey IAM,

I cut pills for a very long time (just switched to liquid a couple weeks ago).  I was able to get the .25's fom my pdoc so it was alot easier.  I used the 1's and .5's until I got under 1mg.  I cut (too) large amounts back then and paid a price.  You could cut the .5's into quarters.  You might find a .125 reduction tolerable but I can understand your wanting to go slower.

I might look into converting to liquid.  I've found it far less complicated than I had feared.  I resisted it for too long.  You can do a combo of dry pill and liquid.  Ex. keep using the 1mgs dry and do the liquid to come down on the remaining .5

Once you get to 1mg, you can use a .5 pill and liquid for the rest and continue going down on the liquid.  I think this would be the easiest on your brain (reduce daily a small amount) and the most accurate.  You could just go totally liquid at this point and work out a schedule of 10% reduction per month and adjust as necessary.

Thanks Lynn, but I am not trusting of my GP to let him know I am tapering....so I cant ask for a smaller Pill.

I know this means going from a 1MG pill cut in Half...and then Cut that .50MG in Half.....and then jump after an every-other-day Military Style Taper from .25mg cuts.

I just dont trust my Not-Benzo-wide Doctor

You don't have to tell him anything.  Dissolve the 1mg pills and taper the liquid.

Ok - I thought you had .5's per you signature.  Just use the 1's and dissolve them.