Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hello Lindiec23,

Can't give you much advice on your taper. But, what you're feeling is just the withdraws . And it is pretty normal for just about everyone. Just take some deep breaths, and try to relax. It's a crazy time when all BB taper or have gotten off some sort of Benzo. Withdraws are just something that the Doctors never explained to us when they prescribed them for us. If you can, read the Ashton Manual, I'm sure that there is something there that might help you, or advise on tapering.

Hope you feel better.

Godspeed.  :thumbsup:

Rocket

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Saturday Saharsandy,

Good for you, back to teaching, two thumbs up!!!!!!!!!  It's also nice that your Supervisor is behind you 100%. You will do just fine with your taper and withdraw. Keep up the good progress.

Godspeed and very happy for you.    :thumbsup:    :smitten:      :smitten:

Rocket

Hi all,its been 14days since my last dry cut,and these sx's seems to be getting worse!really thinking bad thoughts,low bp,pulse at night 54,that really stresses me out!!feeling like I can't breathe,like something is closing my throat!!and I don't know,feeling like I'm not part of the world!can't do liquid taper,in sa there is no liquid substitude,and don't even want to think about crossing to diazapam,my dosage at this point is not high(xanax)can someone please look at my signature and tell me what u think about my tapering??strongs to all

I really don't know what to tell you about the tapering since I'm having problems now with my tapering too..the side effects for me have gotten alot worse, the lower I get. I did want to comment about the heart rate though..54 is fine at night. My heart rate was actually 54 this morning after I was walking around. I was in the ER with a heart rate of 120 last week, along with extra heartbeats for three hours. They're thinking it's the tapering and now I have to hold for at least 30 days this time. Not happy. But anyway, you really don't have to worry about the slow heart rate, 54 isn't dangerous. I've had heart rates as low as 40 at night before I ever even started meds. Try not to worry about it. I had low blood pressure in the beginning of my tapering but now it's starting to get too high. The central nervous system controls our bodies and I'm sure it's being compromised with the tapering so all kinds of things will be out of wack for us.

As always, thanks Rocket for  your positive energy and kindness. :smitten:

Stevie :sick:

Hello Stevie,

You are very Welcome! And you are very right about the BP, when I went C/T, my BP went very high. My Doctor friend ask me about it, and just had to explain to him that high and low BP is part of the Withdraw Symptoms. Know he understands after doing his own research. So you are right about don't panic, I been there myself.

Have a great night

Godspeed to you and all our BB.    :smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:      :smitten:

Rocket

wow.......thank god for this thread. Sometimes the others make me so nervous about how far I have to go. Today I've been feeling the benzo fog brain for the first time since cutting from 10mg to 6mg. Cleaned the house like a maniac to try to push through and let my brain know that it better get used to less and less. I'm just now truly remembering how long this process takes and I'm trying not to get discouraged. I finally came clean to my fiancee about how many mgs I have been taking/prescribed to. He thought I was only taking 3mg a day. I really don't know why I ever lied. We've been together 7 years. I guess it's shame  :'(. He is very supportive....I knew he would be. Kinda kicking myself. I basically feel like I put diesel in a prius and said EFF IT! Chugging along. Thank you rocket for this thread. Hope everyone is well.

Rocket,

You really are a sweetheart to dedicate so much time and energy into this thread. Thanks for your compassion and encouragement. Know that we are here for you when you feel down.

:-)

Lindeic 23,

Here is the link to the liquid alprazolam.  It is not the direct link to the page, so you will have to search for it.

:smitten:

hello buddies,

hope everyone had a good weekend.today i wasn't free of withdrawals,i had severe vertigo ,i hardly could stand up.have really bad headache,breathing problems just like always.i guess,it's the beginig of the another  wave...uh..  :sick: i need some help,buddies.. when it is the right time to cut off completely?i'll talk to my doctor first but i'm sure he'll tell me: are you still taking this pill?haven't you cut it yet?just get rid of this and i'll give you a tappering program and in a week you'll be ready to put it away..... .in a week  ::)  that's funny,so please, could anyone who has just free of this pill give me some advice??i mean what is the signs?specially you rocket  :thumbsup: before that, it's very sweet of you to answer all my posts  :smitten:

best wishes to all,

saharsandy

Hello WFR,

You are very welcome. Just about everyone needs some sort of support. And I was brought up as a Christian, and a man that still opens the doors for women too. But that is a different story. I'm here to stay for as long as My BB need support and help. There is so much that we can do as individuals to help one another on this site. And I do try to help as much as I can, because I've been there myself.

Well back to my day. The last few days have been a little crazy, but I been getting out of the house to keep the Brain Fog to a minimum. Here are a few sxs, but I just wave them off.

1.  Little Brain Fog, but I will not let it get me down at all.

2.  Getting out of bed was a little project, some aches and pains. But I just get out, for me, it's the

best thing for me, and it could help my BB too.

3.  Was feeling blue also the last few days. And I just kept busy with all kinds of little projects

around the house. And went to the Shopping Mall to buy a few things. It seemed to take my

mind off of every negative thing, Felt Great!!!!!!!!!

4.  Every now and then, forget what I was going to do, or what I was thinking. But after a few

seconds, it all comes back too me. I just make a joke of it, I have to laugh. But, the memory is

getting much better as time goes by. Yes, much better. To all my BB, please don't get

discourage if you have this sxs. Honestly, it will get better for you too. Just keep positive.

5.  Excersising, I just keep on pushing on. This really helps me out very much. I can't explain this

at all. But it must have something to do with the chemicals in the brain and body. If I don't,

excersise, I feel a little tired. So I just keep working wout and moving forward.

6.  Attitude is much better these days in my journey to get to the finish line. I know that with my

positive attitude and my desire to get better, the end is out there for me. And that all the

forums that I have read, and all the knowledge that I've accumulated in this last year, is

going to benefit me 100%. Thanks to all My BB for shining the light that helped me dearly.

7.  I will say it again. Thank You Much to All My BB, for the Comfort and Smiles that You have

bought to me when I was feeling Confused and Blue. Three Thumbs Up, okay, I have Two!!

Godspeed to Everyone, and hope that your recovery is going well, if your having some discomfort

just look forward to the day that you will be 100%.

:smitten:      :smitten:        :smitten:        :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Saharsandy

Hope you are getting past the vertigo. I will try to help you out asnmuch as I can with your cut off the Crazy Pill.

First,  for me, it was just insane. Don't panic at what I write to you, okay. It is not going to be easy

by all means. But you have to be strong threw this. And everyone is different when they cut             

or get to the end of their taper. So a little advice for you. Let you Doctor know what is going

on all the time with you. And if you think that you cut to fast, let the Doctor know. They

might have to re-instate you.

Second,  you need to be around someone that will comfort you and keep you smiling. You might

be hit with some crazy sxs. But one think you have to keep telling yourself is, They Are Only

sxs. And that's all they are, okay. You can make it pass the few weeks that the sxs that will

be strong. Just be around your friends and family. Once you make it pass the beginning of

this mess. You will be just fine. The sxs will come and go in time, but will not be as strong.

Third, keep a positive attitude about everything, no matter what your brain throws you during this

period of adjustment, keep pushing forward, keep focus, and you will make it threw this,

PROMISE, with a big smile.

Let's us know how you are ding all the time, okay. Will try to help you much with Support.

Godspeed to you.    :smitten:    :thumbsup:      :smitten:      :thumbsup:

Rocket

hi rocket,

wooow  :o i didn't  know it's gonna be that much hard,i'm already scared.i just thought after a tough period of tapering for about  9 months and different kinds of w/ds ,it would be easy.becuase of that i'm tappering slowly.any way,thank you rocket.so i prefer to stay on the same dosage  ???  up to next month that i have appointment with my doctor.

best wishes,

saharsandy

rocket,

besides,could you please tell me what was your last tapper dosage on xanax when you jump?and how long had  you been on it? i'm alittle confused  :) maybe panic

tnx

Hello Saharsandy,

First of all, don't panic, you will be okay. I did a C/T, just stopped doing them. I didn't want to deal with the Crazy Pill. But there are many BB that tapered and didn't have many side effects at all. You might be one of the lucky ones. You just have to see when you cut the tie. Remember, one day at a time. You might have been threw the worst of it all ready. So please don't worry about what will happen when you stop all together. You will make yourself sicker.

I know that you want to get off the crazy pills. So all you have to do, don't mean to say it again, but will keep you going forward. Never look back, the future for you will be brighter. For me, just gotten home from shopping, a little tired, ears ringing and my eyes are very dry. But, it's gets better in an hour or two. So keep your chin up, you will be fine. I think I remember you saying that you almost got married, but still have a boyfriend. Sorry to say this, tell him to man up and give you support. Not just once a week, but every day. With his support, you will smile all the way to the end.

And, DON'T PANIC, Please, you are doing just fine. You aren't the only BB going threw this, stay strong like I think that you are, smile large, oh yeah, stay busy. Yes, stay busy, don't give your brain a chance to confuse you...............ONLY SYMPTOMS

Godspeed to you, keep the Faith Saharsandy, I am here with you and so are the BB.

:smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:

Rocket

hi rocket,

thank you so much,again and again.you've always been so supportive.just misundrestood this,i'm not married. last year i was gonna get married with my boy friend and just becuase of alot of anxiety i had lately i couldn't accept it and put it off,till when?!i don't know.and just after that i began to take xanax.it cost me alot.actually it cost a whole  year of my life.but now i'm happy i'm here and i'm sure i want to get rid of this pill and take my life back,i know i'm so near and look forward to it.we all are here to say how we are struggeling to heal  ,not regreting about the past.i'll follow every word you've said,rocket.thanx

all the best,

saharsandy

Hello Saharsandy,

Very sorry that I misunderstood you, my bad Sweet Lady. Just want to say, you will be okay, I am here for you and every BB out there. And I will give all the support to every BB that I can. If I don't understand the question, or if I don't have the answers, I will try to find them. But that's me, I am a giver of life to all.

We all came a long way, and will take this to the End. I am not saying there will not be bumps in the road, but these bumps we will cruise over smoothly.

Saharsandy, you can knock on my computer door just like any of My BB. And will try to get back to you and all ASAP for support. I enjoy this very much. Always moving forward with a big smile, and a lot of faith.

Godspeed to you and family.  :smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:

Rocket

Good Morning Saharsandy and BB,

Hope that everyone is doing okay today. Want to tell everyone, that my day isn't to bad today. Just some little sxs, but just putting up with it. Starting to warm up today, that will be nice when it stays this way. Will be able to stay outside longer and enjoy the sun more.

Today the Symptoms are.....

Tinnitus

Crazy legs, but still going to excersise

Some Brain Fog, but can't complain from where I was a year ago.

Memory is about 85%, and starting to remember things that I thought that was lost in the Brain

Lower back pain is gone for today.

No Benzo Belly this week at all.

Don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom at all, yeah.

I like to go out these days, and crowds haven't bothered me at all, yeah again. Do enjoying talking

with people that I don't even know.

Driving my car is great, can listen to the music that I have created in the Music Studio. Before it

just bothered me so much.

Anxiety, had none for some time now, this is a plus for me. Sometimes when I got up in the

morning, had to freak out for a few hours, what a difference.

Loud noises and bright lights bother me every once in a while. But not to offen.

BUT I Can't Complain At All. I am getting better as the time goes by.

ONE YEAR OFF FINALLY, YEAH, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!    :laugh:    :laugh:

Godspeed to all of My BB, please keep on the Path, you will reap the Benefits soon.

Rocket.    :thumbsup:      :smitten:      :smitten:

hello buddies,

today i was out of energy.just went for a short walk with my dog.feel dizziness,pain in my chest ,my fingers even are aching ,that's weird  :) what i have to expect next...these feelings of depression happens to me just in some special days of month..ladies know..i didn't know xanax can affects my hormones,too.

hello rocket,

congragulation  :smitten: you're a year off.i can't wait for that day of mine.happy you

best wishes,

saharsandy

rocket,

when i'm reading your w/ds,honestly i feel envious  :( that's fantastic now you don't feel any anxiety.you can go crowded places.you can drive.i wish i could drive again..today my mom asked me to give her a ride ,what a shame that i made lots of excuses.i'm really happy for you,rocket.hang in there and NEVER attempt to take this crazy pill again .you got your life back ,take care of it

saharsandy

hello group :) i was formerly on 8 mgs daily of xanax and then had to go through the worst wd's  of my life in PRISON! they don't allow you to have benzo's so they weaned me off horribly wrong! I'm out now and the doctor gave me Viibryd (BULLSHIT) and 90 1 mg tablets for a month.....my anxiety is still bad and i'm realizing that my anxiety attacks need 2 mg dose to even have an effect on my anxiety so i can be functional and not freaked out! what do i do ??? Advice needed!!!

Hello Saharsandy,

I do hope that you will be feeling better soon. You will start to feel a lot better when you are off these Crazy Little Pills. And I do try to understand what the BB women are going threw every month with their W/D's. Very sorry that women get tacked with this.

Sorry that you can't drive your car yet. For me, I was driving the next day of C/T. Yes I know that it was crazy, very crazy for me too. And a few weeks after my C/T, I had to go to the renew my Drivers License. I was there for 5 hours. Now that is enough to drive you crazy. We were pack in the building live sardines in a can. Talk about anxiety, my mine was on a different planet, lol. But I over came, adapted to the where I was, crossed my fingers, and drank lots of water. What a freaking day.

But what you should do is just let your mother know that you are having a bad day, and just can't drive. And that on a better day you will be able to take her places. Or if anyone asked you something that you cant do, just let them know, now is not a good time.

What you need to do is heal, and you heed to do it for yourself.

You will get there like me and many others too.

Just n time you will start to feel better and better, and then, Bingo, you are much better.

And Thank You, 1 Year off, I come a long way in time, but still have much yo go. Playing my Guitar or Piano is very hard since I C/T. But it is coming back. I could just about play any song for anyone. But now, I have to think all the time when I am playing what is my next Music Chord. But I did notice that it is much better, and getting better every day. You will start to feel this way as your time goes by, honestly.

Keep your chin up, crack a beautiful smile for everyone, and keep moving forward, okay, I know that you can and will.

Godspeed to you and family.  :smitten:    :smitten:    :smitten:

Rocket

Hello Helpbsd,

First of all, hope that you are feeling better today. And the Anxiety will be with you for a while. But it will pass for you too. Sorry that you were in Prison going threw C/T. I am sure that it wasn't pleasant at all. The only advice that I can give you is, if you been off for weeks, the hard part is almost gone. It is only the monkey on your back that you need to knock off. Once you do this, the W/S symptoms you have,you should be able to handle. Remember, this will be no picnic, but with support from your BB, you will make it threw your crazy journey. just keep coming back here to this forum, ask questions to us, and someone will help you get threw this.

Godspeed to you.  :thumbsup:

Rocket