Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)

[ve...]

Hi Intend.....sorry you are feeling so poorly right now. You know though that it does get better. I know what you mean by those symptoms. My doctor put me on a very short acting benzo to switch to...(no cross over and was on the original benzo for 25 years), so you can imagine how that was. No valium...just a switch to another benzo...and short acting.

You can do this Intend. It is very difficult and we get a lot of symptoms thrown at us, but we persevere. Sending you all of my good thoughts.!!!

Sandy

Littlebones,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not familiar with your medications, but what I hear you saying is that the same thing happened to you: you went from a longer acting benzo to a shorter acting benzo and you stabilized.

If that's the case, it does give me some real hope that this klonopin ordeal will end at some point.

It's a true nightmare. But I really appreciate the info. It's what I need right now.

Intend

Littlebones,

I just looked up the half lives of the 2 meds dalmane and serax. That truly was a HUGE change for you to make literally from one day to the next.

I am amazed. Your sx must have been quite an ordeal to endure. You truly did perservere with that ordeal. That is real strength.

Intend

I had no trouble switching from Xanax to klonapin maybe because my Benzo wise doctor gave me like 50% more then actual equivalent. I was way to wiped out from that increase to have withdrawals. There is some wisdom in that and I had very little trouble in my taper. 

Garuda , how long did it take you to get of the K and what dose?  I am trying to get off it.  Interesting thoery.  I have been nervous about trying to c/o to valium.  I feel like I've been on the K so long.

fb

I went from Xanax to klonapin then to Valium.  It all took me 18 month.  For me it was a taste of normalcy to be on a long acting Benzo after almost 20 years in tolerance WD on Xanax.  Switching to Valium was not so hard either. 

Thanks Garuda, gives me something to think about..........I've heard it makes depression worse which was my concern.    Thanks again and I'm glad you had an easier time of it.

[move]Geezer Alert      Geezer Alert        Geezer Alert      Geezer Alert      Geezer Alert    Geezer Alert    Geezer Alert    Geezer Alert [/move]

Betty White's Off Their Rockers ~~ don't miss it!  Wednesday nights on NBC at 8 p.m.

[move]Geezer Alert      Geezer Alert        Geezer Alert      Geezer Alert      Geezer Alert    Geezer Alert    Geezer Alert    Geezer Alert [/move]

Betty White's Off Their Rockers ~~ don't miss it!  Wednesday nights on NBC at 8 p.m.

Hi Challis,

"Thank you for being a friend" and announcing this  :laugh:

Have heard so many good reviews about this. Love Betty White.

Does anybody know if this series has been or is to be shown in the UK.

Debbie  :)

Debbie,

It just started here... it may be in its third week.  SO funny!  Google Betty White's Off Their Rockers Video Clips and you can see some of the segments there.  The best thing about that is you can watch them over and over!!

Challis

Debbie,

It just started here... it may be in its third week.  SO funny!  Google Betty White's Off Their Rockers Video Clips and you can see some of the segments there.  The best thing about that is you can watch them over and over!!

Challis

Thanks Challis,

I'll do that, could certainly do with a good laugh.

I have The Golden Girls dvd and have watched it so many times  ::)

Well they say laughter is the best medicine !

Thanks again Challis for drawing our attention to this.

Debbie  :)

This show makes me laugh out loud.

I'm thinking we all need to start stealing things out of grocery carts. It might make the grocery store more fun!  :D

I'm thinking we all need to start stealing things out of grocery carts. It might make the grocery store more fun!  :D

Flip,

Mr. Challis and I went to (cringe) Costco today.  We were SO tempted to do this very thing!  But we were too distracted by all the shiny new things... >:D

Tonight's episode was hysterical!  We had to replay almost every scene.  The scooter honk segment had us howling!!

Challis

Oh, good! I have it recorded. Now I can watch it 6 times if I need to.

Shiney new things! LOL. This is SO true, Challis. I go into some sort of beginning-of-an-acid-trip daze when I see new-to-me objects or people. Geez, do you do this? Suddenly things are just incredibly fascinating and multidimensional if I am feeling safe. If I don't feel safe, they are scary.  :D

Oh, good! I have it recorded. Now I can watch it 6 times if I need to.

Shiney new things! LOL. This is SO true, Challis. I go into some sort of beginning-of-an-acid-trip daze when I see new-to-me objects or people. Geez, do you do this? Suddenly things are just incredibly fascinating and multidimensional if I am feeling safe. If I don't feel safe, they are scary.  :D

We didn't delete tonight's episode because we want to show it to the 40-something son who's coming to visit tonight.  Flip~~I don't think he'll get it...do you?!

And yes again!  I have a Keurig coffee maker from a December Costco run and a complicated blendy-thing to make smoothies from a March trip.  Heady stuff...but they come with the dreaded manuals...

Hehe. No, I don't think your 40 something will get it.check for open-mouth-syndrome!  :laugh:

Manuals?  :o you're supposed to READ those?  ::)  :2funny:

You guys are so funny :laugh:  I just collect manuals but dislike reading them.  When something gets a hiccup I just whine ask  hubby and he usually figures it out.  I really need to dig out all those manuals and read burn them.  Make a good bonfire and we can make some smores ;) Thanks for the heads up on this show.  I'm going to Tivo it!!!  I love Betty White!

Garuda: I'm not sure I will cross over just trying to be prepared in case I have to down the road.  If the taper gets too rough on the K.  I appreciate your advice.

Sorry FB, I don't have any advice. I can just tell you my story.  I got depression on valium it didn't last but maybe someone else could not handle it.  Depression can take away our confidence.

Garuda , I greatly appreciate all your input.  I'm sorry you got depression on it.  I am prone to it also so that is one of my concerns.  I agree about the confidence.  I hope today is good for you.

wishing you wellness,

fb

:phone: Hi. My name is Bluebell I am over fifty and tapering Xanax. I am also a newbie to BB. I am just dropping by to introduce myself. I will be back later after I have taken my afternoon nap :sleepy:

Bluebell  :balloon:

PS-My Avatar does not mean I am ready to fight :boxer:  It is to remind me to keep fighting to reach my goal of being Benzo free.

Welcome Bluebell,  I need a nap too but  it is too late in the day and I really need to sleep tonight.  I hope you have a wonderful nap and look forward to talking to you.

wishing you wellness,

fb

Hi Intend!

From June of last year until December were a blur. It was hell...no other way of putting it...but I would say that yes now I am stabilized and feeling that I can handle this. You can too!!! It took me 5 months before I could sleep any longer than 3 hours at a time but it is much better now. I can't handle any kind of stress at all  :crazy: but I am learning to cope (learning meditation and mindfulness really helps).

I just wanted to reinforce to you that it really does get better, and that yes your life is changed, but it is a good life. The best to you!!

Sandy