50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)

[ve...]

The songs from Pirates is indelibly stuck in my brain forever :D  And It's a small world..............

Two great rides that are timeless, FB, like all of us over 50 benzo warriors  :oXo:

V

So how are y'all 50 somethings going to spend the weekend? I am planning to go for a bike ride with the family and I've got to coach my son's soccer game on Sunday. We're playing a tough opponent but hopefully I can outsmart them with my clever 50 year old post benzo brain ;D

Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

Vertigo

So how are y'all 50 somethings going to spend the weekend?  I am planning to go for a bike ride with the family and I've got to coach my son's soccer game on Sunday.  We're playing a tough opponent but hopefully I can outsmart them with my clever 50 year old brain ;D

Vertigo

Lucky You! I am jealous, but happy for you V.

I will be sitting around the house, lots of physical pain at the moment, I AM going to shower and shave today however!  ;)

So how are y'all 50 somethings going to spend the weekend?  I am planning to go for a bike ride with the family and I've got to coach my son's socce  :)r game on Sunday.  We're playing a tough opponent but hopefully I can outsmart them with my clever 50 year old brain ;D

Vertigo

Enjoy the bike ride and the Sunday soccer Vertigo !  :thumbsup:

Debbie  :)

Vertigo - Thanks so much for starting this thread.  It's almost like reading success stories - very positive and good humored.  We all need a lot of that!

Take care and have a good weekend.  I'm going to clean the house - something I actually enjoy doing while listening to Car Talk and Wait Wait ....

Paresthesia

When this group comes to Florida, to Disney,  you can come visit me. I am a little south of Disney World.

I am the  101 year old in a 51 year old body.

good healing, fair winds

Pirates of the Carribean and Its a small world are my memories of disney when my kids were small :), and the memory of my youngest wetting his pants on the submarine ride, he was 4 at the time, and just had to go NOW, :-[ this same child also encouraging me and telling me not to scream as he sat infront of me on the space mountain roller coaster where I nearly peed my pants and he didnt :yippee: then his father and the he lining up to go again while the older of the boys and myself refused to go again, ah memories and how it has all changed, I would love to see it now and hope to take my grandchildren one day :smitten:

I'm off to the farmers Market to find some fresh veggies and maybe even a few nice indigenous flowering plants to brighten up my front door. Love color!

Then, if I still feel well enough, I'll take my Mom to Jason's Deli and pig out on salad bar. They have more and more organic things.  ;)

Geez, guys, I slept 6 straight hours AND woke up with no anxiety. Does it get any better?  :highfive:

Burgs of feel good for all of us!  :thumbsup:

Yippeee Flipeee  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Hi fellow over the hill gang (not),

My hub and I are going on a bike ride today, trying a new trail.  After we'll stop for lunch.

Later today I'll be in my basement storage room looking for my Micky Mouse ears so they are all ready for the trip to Disney World.  Its a small world after all.............. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

pianogirl

Ok...I totally qualify here, I'm 52, benzos were my constant companion for 20 years of my life, until they turned on me!!! Which they always do!!!! I'm proud to say that I have been off for 17 months now! Hardest thing I ever did...but well worth it! We all should be proud, people have no idea what we have been through.

Mary

I want to join please!  I am 62 and just got my first social security check last month. Yeah, retired early, but still keep busy making and selling jewelry as I have done for the past 20 years.  I have lived close to DisneyWorld for over 30 years and have been there more times than I can count, but this trip on the Senior Benzo Bus sounds great!

This thread is such a delight!  It proves to me what I already knew, that us old folks may be struggling, but we have learned how to deal with what life throws at us with courage and a smile  ;D

hi vertigo  can i join the club please.i am 58yrs old and feel about 90.when all this started i remember saying to my daughter,that i felt like i had turned into an old woman.iv come along way but still not there yet.nearly 26months of benzo and one week left and i have finished taper off a/ds.this is the second time i have done all this.i will make it this time.dont know where i get the strength from though.as bliss whould say this to shall pass    i hope.xx

I want to join please! I am 62 and just got my first social security check last month.

Congrats!

Yeah, retired early, but still keep busy making and selling jewelry as I have done for the past 20 years.

Great that you still keep active in retirement :thumbsup:

I have lived close to DisneyWorld for over 30 years and have been there more times than I can count, but this trip on the Senior Benzo Bus sounds great!

Pretty soon we're gonna need more than one bus or perhaps a benzo soul train :laugh:

This thread is such a delight! It proves to me what I already knew, that us old folks may be struggling, but we have learned how to deal with what life throws at us with courage and a smile ;D

That's right Grammy, we're one bunch of stubborn resilient and benzo wise old geysers

hi vertigo can i join the club please.i am 58yrs old and feel about 90.when all this started i remember saying to my daughter,that i felt like i had turned into an old woman.iv come along way but still not there yet.nearly 26months of benzo and one week left and i have finished taper off a/ds.this is the second time i have done all this.i will make it this time.dont know where i get the strength from though.as bliss whould say this to shall pass i hope.xx

Welcome Chrissy. Congrats on your taper off a/ds and good luck with the rest of the way. We're all rootin for ya.

Vertigo

Hi all!!

My husband and I were at Disney World a couple of years ago (when I felt normal). He loves rollercoaster rides and such and went on the Tower of Terror alone!! Me...I like Pirates and Haunted Mansion...the safe stuff.

In somewhat of a wave right now so the weekend will be mostly inside...I will keep busy though maybe spring cleaning. Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Sandy

Hi all!! My husband and I were at Disney World a couple of years ago (when I felt normal). He loves rollercoaster rides and such and went on the Tower of Terror alone!! Me...I like Pirates and Haunted Mansion...the safe stuff. In somewhat of a wave right now so the weekend will be mostly inside...I will keep busy though maybe spring cleaning. Have a good weekend everyone!!!! Sandy

Hi Sandy, You couldn't pay me to go on Tower of Terror :stretcher:. I'll meet you at Thunder Mountain and Pirates though :)

V

Grammy, What kind of jewelry do you make?  I also was making jewelry but since I haven't been feeling that great I've been pretty unproductive for a couple years. 

I think we are going to need more buses or perhaps our very own private train :yippee:  I went on tower of terror with my kids when they were younger and many moons ago that space mountain ride where I almost killed my future mother in law as my very heavy 35 ml camera was swinging around my neck and almost bonked her in the head.  :D I couldn't let go for a second to try to hold it in place.  They didn't warn me not to have a camera hanging around my neck.

Already got the vacuuming and mowing done for the weekend so now it’s time for the good stuff. Filtered about a half gallon of iced coffee concentrate this morning and even tested it - very tasty. So glad I can drink coffee again after over two years.

After going to see a friend in the hospital, the plan is to work on making a hiking pole. (Something constructive to obsess over for now.) So far it’s just a little less than 7 feet - kind of like the one Charlton Heston carried in The Ten Commandments. I don’t think this one will do the snake thing though. Maybe after I sand, stain, and finish it. Never thought I’d feel human again after the first two years of this mess, so who knows.

Then some rest with a cup of iced tea or glass of iced coffee - probably some nice smooth jazz too. Maybe a nap? Maybe I’ll wake up and feel 58 instead of 98 - aches and pains like my whole body has arthritis.

Church tomorrow and then probably work on a wall hanging for my grandson.

A good weekend to all.

eli

LOVE Thunder Mountain! Another of my favorites is the 'test track' at Epcot.  Love the speed! I'll forego Space Mountain though if you don't mind.  My kids have tried for years to get me on that. Maybe when I grow up  :D.

Flutterbye, when I started designing jewelry 20 years ago, I did mostly sterling silver.  These days I stick to less expensive materials; a lot of bead styles that follow current fashion.  Thanks for asking!

You guys are awesome. there is a quiet kind of recovering going on here it the old geezer group. not much hysteria and us older folks are more sure of ourselves and more experiance that things that seem catastrophic eather soon pass or was not that bad anyway.  this comes from experiance. I'm happy to be a part of this group. but I don't want to do Disney Land. I have a tribe of children and grandchildren and I never took them there. too stimulating for me! they go without  me. my SIL can see disney land from her livingroom window. that's as close as I want to get. lol

it is a gorgeous Spring day here in central california. smells amazing with all kinds of jasmine and mock orange. I'll be home packing for my trip coming up soon. my window closed yesterday after a really nice bike ride. I will go for a bike ride today anyway. just keep moving in the right direction.

Are we seeing group wisdom in addition to coping with withdrawal?  We must keep this thread going - I find nothing but calm coming from it....

Thanks to each and every one - now back to Car Talk

Paresthesia

Eli, you got so much done for a 98 yr.old!  I can say I got nothing done of much substance.  I seem to have no motivation these days.  Garuda; not sure if it is "more sure of myself" or just plain worn out.  Have to go for yet another biopsy.  Personally tired of the whole health "hobby" and would rather be in Disney world or making jewelry and art again.  A bit down today sorry folks............