Important Survey - Please Participate ×

50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)

[ve...]

Vertigo, that is awesome spending that time with your son and his team.  It is something that you will both treasure forever!  Probably good exercise also :yippee:

fb

Where to sail? Well since the earth is 70 percent water, I will sail the Caribbean, east coast, cross the Atlantic, the med for a start!!

good healing, fair winds

Where to sail? Well since the earth is 70 percent water, I will sail the Caribbean, east coast, cross the Atlantic, the med for a start!!

good healing, fair winds

The Carribean sounds like paradise.  I was in Jamaica about 20 years ago and as long as you're not there during hurricane season, it is gorgeous, always wanted to see more of the Carribean :thumbsup:.

Happy Sailing!

V

Vertigo, that is awesome spending that time with your son and his team.  It is something that you will both treasure forever!  Probably good exercise also :yippee:

fb

You're right Flutterbye, I had a good sweat in our last game when it was 86 degrees and humid!  Running around to get subs in and out, call plays.  Gets warm early in the South.  It's been an adjustment but I think I'll look back on this time and be happy that I took the risk to put myself out there, learn something new, volunteer and give something back to the community.  It's just one more sign that the benzos nor some of the anxiety I had before taking them (or now for that matter), didn't win!!!

Vertigo

Hi, Vertigo,

Wishing you well.  You sound like a great Dad.

Thanks Rain.  I didn't feel like I was doing as much as I could a couple years ago back when I was tapering and in the months right after.  I hope to be a better dad in the coming years.  I've tried to take my son to some more ball games this past year and am enjoying the coaching, when I'm not losing sleep over it!!!  The huge crowds at stadiums and arenas can sometimes be a little overwhelming, but I want my son to remember a fun childhood. We might go to a game next week or two and am working on a few things for the Fall.  Do you or any other "over 50 but not over the hill" buddies have a bucket list for when you're feeling mostly healed off the benzo poison?

Vertigo

In response to Vertigo's Bucket List question:

Kayak, kayak, kayak in fresh water and quiet harbors.

Return to mountain hiking.

Stop being afraid-and tool around Europe.

Keep teaching until I cannot.

Keep balance on a bicycle.

Return to studying world history.

Return to fluency in French, Spanish, and learn Italian and Irish.

Keep making a  positive difference in people's lives.

Be able to drive (consistently) a low-lying sports car

Be able to get out of low-lying sports car in a sexy way.

Ah, just to be able to get up and out of low-lying sports car.  I can, but I look pretty silly.  I know I have brought smiles as I get out of the sports car...

Ah, just to be able to get up and out of low-lying sports car.  I can, but I look pretty silly.  I know I have brought smiles as I get out of the sports car...

:)

You have brought smiles in your description as well, Rainonmywindow!  :thumbsup:

Nice list Rain.  The low lying sports cars can be over rated.  It would be nice to be able to get out of one without aches and pains though :pokey::laugh:

I wonder if any other 50 +ers have some bucket list items to share???

V

Short term bucket list

Ride my bike without falling over.  :D

Go to the grocery store and actually leave with groceries.

Clean and uncluttered my house enough that I can coax and pay someone to come in and clean.

Jump in the car and drive out of state for no reason.

Read a whole book.

Watch a TV show just once and understand the plot.

Understand an entire conversation.

Go out to lunch without having to run to the bathroom to wipe sweat and breathe with head between legs.

Attend family gatherings comfortably.

Sleep until 6 AM.

FYI-I don't have the sports car. It belongs to my beloved niece. I did drive it on a bumpy, dirt road..The only thing that kept me from screaming in fear (and excitement) is that I had to bring it back the 100 yards where I drove from.

And I only did that because I really love her and would not want to upset her....

My bucket "list" is meet someone, fall in love, and "make" it last.  Short of that, it's still about nurturing relationships, and feeling more "free" and relaxed and alive. 

-Rumi

"This is the only moment I have right now"

Well,

I have several wishes at the moment. The first is to get this horrible K out of my system, although that it up to my body to do it's work as I am off it. But it lingers in my body tissues in the form of "metabolites" and as they make their way out of those tissues through the circulation of my bloodstream through the tissues, I continue to feel the w/d effects. Not so true "bucketlisty" but it is my first wish as all others depend on that.

Then I want to teach English to Spanish speakers through a volunteer group here so as to enhance my Spanish speaking abilities. And I want to continue to do my work in crisis intervention for several more years.

I also want to continue the remodeling of our house that we started by necessity this winter, but continued by adding new kitchen countertops. And we soon plan on doing new kitchen tile.

Then I want to get my grandsons braces put on as that kid is going places and he needs straight teeth. This is my immediate "wish list."

Intend

My bucket "list" is meet someone, fall in love, and "make" it last. Short of that, it's still about nurturing relationships, and feeling more "free" and relaxed and alive. -Rumi "This is the only moment I have right now"

Good to see you back Rumi. I hope you find that special someone. You sound like a very kind hearted person and anyone would be lucky to to meet you :thumbsup:. You're right, it's not about the past, but how we move forward today.

Vertigo

[ea...]

Hi Folks,  :)

I chimed in when Vertigo started this thread but have been mostly lurking. I like the idea of a bucket list and enjoyed reading what others have shared.

Walk my dog up at the lake where I used to take her daily

Go Mt biking again

Make some friends

Do more social activities

Go back to work

Get back into quilting

Increase my volunteer hours at the library

I know there is a lot more but this is it for today

Hope everyone has a good day, mandala

Hi Folks,  :)

I chimed in when Vertigo started this thread but have been mostly lurking. I like the idea of a bucket list and enjoyed reading what others have shared.

Walk my dog up at the lake where I used to take her daily

Go Mt biking again

Make some friends

Do more social activities

Go back to work

Get back into quilting

Increase my volunteer hours at the library

I know there is a lot more but this is it for today

Hope everyone has a good day, mandala

Thanks for adding some of your bucket list items, Mandala.  The list doesn't have to be complete.  I think it's good to at least start one and have something to look forward to :thumbsup:.

Vertigo

for the bucket list?

I don't have an official bucket list but here are some wishes off the top of my head.

1) being able to travel again. right now I am over-stimulated just watching travel shows.

2) being able to volunteer more hours at the animal shelter

3) being able to just get up and go out to the store for anything big or small.

4) being able to take a leisurely walk even just around the block. but that is not WD, that might need a knee replacement.

5) not being in survival mode anymore. to wake up and take a deep refreshing breath in the morning without checking in on symptoms.

6) being able to eat without side-effects from even plain and simple foods.

Any more 50 +ers out there who want to join in?

Vertigo

I would like to leave the house without shaking and without benzos.

That's my whole bucket list.

Any more 50 +ers out there who want to join in?

Vertigo

I would like to leave the house without shaking and without benzos.

That's my whole bucket list.

I couldn't agree more.

[93...]

That's quite a bucket list, searchin, in and of itself. :hug: Are you agoraphobic? I am...or was(?). I won't know if I still am for quite a while.

Which brings to mind a question that I have wanted to ask everyone here since I joined BBs:

How many of you are afraid of other people? Being looked at by them? Being around them in general?

(It was (is?) my worst fear)

T

That's quite a bucket list, searchin, in and of itself. :hug: Are you agoraphobic? I am...or was(?). I won't know if I still am for quite a while.

Which brings to mind a question that I have wanted to ask everyone here since I joined BBs:

How many of you are afraid of other people? Being looked at by them? Being around them in general?

(It was (is?) my worst fear)

T

Social anxiety definitely

Feeling nervous while being stared at while eating or otherwise is a classic symptom of social anxiety.  I don't have those symptoms personally but I have had some social anxiety in other situations at times, Thrive.  As far as fear of other people, I know that fear of speaking in front of other people as in public speaking, has  been rated by "normal" folks who don't have excess social anxiety, as more scary than death!

Vertigo

I dont have any social anxiety. I have massive anxiety about how this Klonopin situation will resolve. Thats at the top of my wish list.

It has created a living hell for me, and I just want to be free of it. I know that xanax is a powerful drug, but Ive never had any of these types of w/d sx on it, and I did do a taper on it so I can make the comparison.  A lot of these wishes I see here are wonderful, but thats my real and only one right now as all others can not be accomplished if one cannot function properly.

I know that these drugs stay in the system for awhile, so I recognize that this could go on for awhile. And when and if this resolves, then Ill make decisions about xanax. It feels like a big mountain that I have to keep climbing (and Im actually a very good hiker).

Intend