Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi AntiB, I'm here, just spending time recovering from having my knee replaced. It went well. Today I am a week post op and busy doing my PT.

My sleep has been up and down with the drugs I've been put on. In another week, I hope to be getting back to the way I was.

It is great to see you and HM have been sleeping some!

I'm off, but will check back in again,

NG

Nice to see you NG.

Glad the 2nd knee surgery went well for you.

Sleep last night was 3AM - 7:30AM = approx. 4.5 hours. I wish I could have gotten more.

Hi ladies,

Hope you all had some decent sleep.

Glad to hear your surgery went well, NG!  Hopefully you're not having too much pain. Good to see you're back on the board.

I took the week off.  I thought I 'd give myself a little media silence.

My sleep is good. I put a thicker and heavier cover on the bed.  I was waking up because of the cold,  so things had to change a bit. It helped: sleep is much better again.

I lost almost 3 kilos in just under 2 weeks doing the 5:2 diet. Plus intermittent fasting and high intensity training every other day.

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend.

Trochsetter

Covid-19 numbers going up, but far less people in hospitals and ICUs. So, things looking better. Well, less terrible anyway...

Hi guys,

NG,

I am so glad your knee replacement went well. My dad has had both of his knees replaces and he is much better for it. I hope your sleep gets better soon:) Back to the way it was going for you.

AB,

Sorry you had a rougher night than usual. Sometimes that happens with this anti-benzo crap. Hopefully, you will get some more sleep tonight.

TS,

I admire you! Wow! I'd love to lose weight and get back in shape. I worked out for 20+ years consistently and was in amazing shape. The last 5 years, I have fallen straight back to the bottom and just the idea of going to the gym makes me tired! I went for a couple months but my sleep prevented me from being able to keep it up. I'd also like to lose 20 pounds. I will have to look into the 5:2 diet and see what I think. Usually, keto works for me.

Last night, I slept the longest stretch I have had so far, from 10:30 until 3:00am. 4.5 hours! I then slept and woke up several times after that for a total of about 6.5 to 7 hours. I remember when I used to take Ambien (which stopped working for me, just like Xanax), I would sleep in the same position for 8 hours. I'm not sure how quality the sleep was, to be honest, but I slept.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

HM

Hi everyone, so good to see you all here! TS sometimes breaks are good for us as long as you come back!

The  pain is less and I am mostly off oxycodone with Tylenol being my main pain killer.

Congratulations on the 3 kilo weight loss! I'll read up on what that diet is as I am not familiar with it. 

Sorry to hear the COVID numbers are going up, but glad the hospitalizations are less. This new variant seems to be far less deadly.

HM, your sleep sounds amazing! Keep doing that!

AB, more is better when it comes to sleep, but you are still doing quite okay. You are heading in the right direction.

NG

Hi guys,

Last night was rough. It's been a while since I have slept so little. I was on the phone with someone until midnight. I usually go to bed at 10. I ended up tossing and turning and getting a total of maybe 3 hours of sleep. It was very intermittent, light sleep too. Not quality. Only 15 years ago, I could sleep like a baby for 8 to 10 hours with no pills or anything. I hope I get that back.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

HM

Hi guys,

Last night was rough. It's been a while since I have slept so little. I was on the phone with someone until midnight. I usually go to bed at 10. I ended up tossing and turning and getting a total of maybe 3 hours of sleep. It was very intermittent, light sleep too. Not quality. Only 15 years ago, I could sleep like a baby for 8 to 10 hours with no pills or anything. I hope I get that back.

I know the sleep that you just described all too well HM. It really sucks and you feel really bad and irritable the next day. It is almost like that going w/o any sleep feeling. Hopefully, tonight will be better for you.

Hey there:)

Last night was better. About 7 hours but broken up with bathroom visits. I had a couple 2.5-hour stretches and then two 1-hour stretches. At least I slept and was able to fall back to sleep after using the bathroom. Sleep is certainly better than a few months ago, thank God.

Good, I am glad to hear it. Are you trying not to drink any liquids or eat also 3-4 hours prior to going to bed to maybe decrease the having to get up to go to the bathroom times?

Good day all, my sleep is mostly gone since I came off of oxycodone last week.  I actually tried a cannabis product called: Midnight 1906.

It was a bust and did nothing for me.  Perhaps because it was in somewhat dark chocolate. I was hopeful for some sleep, beings I had never used or tried cannabis my whole life, but it was not to be.  The first time I cut it into 1/4 and kept adding pieces every hour.  I felt a little different, but nothing specific.

Two nights ago, I ate a  whole piece of chocolate and still no sleep. At least the chocolate tastes good. lol

On the plus side, I am 11 days post surgery, which I am happy about.  I still cannot get comfortable at night. Each day I hope for things to get better.

Today I may try driving and see how that goes.  My neighborhood Kroger store is on strike, so will have to find another place to shop. My hope is that they will settle soon. 

Anyway, I'll drive to the park three blocks away and if that goes well, will head up the road to a small store called Sprouts and get some swiss cheese for my husband.

NG

Sorry to hear this NG. Sorry to hear also the cannabis had no effect.

Two nights ago, I ate a  whole piece of chocolate and still no sleep. At least the chocolate tastes good. lol

LOL, glad you at least got to enjoy some choc.

On the plus side, I am 11 days post surgery, which I am happy about.  I still cannot get comfortable at night. Each day I hope for things to get better.

It will get better. You have been through this before with the 1st surgery.  :)

Anyway, I'll drive to the park three blocks away and if that goes well, will head up the road to a small store called Sprouts and get some swiss cheese for my husband.

How was driving? Was it the right or left knee you had done?

Hi AntiB, I have been through this, which helps with what to expect.  The biggest thing is move and move some more. Do PT and then do some more.  My therapist wants me doing PT three times a day. I'm up to two, plus walking, so I'm getting there.

The drive went fine, though it was painful to use my right leg.  I realized after we drove off, that I had not taken Tylenol, but didn't turn around. My biggest issue was getting in and out of my SUV. I had the seat lowered down and back as far as it would go, which helped a little. 

Sprouts was a walk in the park. We were in and out in five minutes, as the cheese was not far past the entrance.

How is your sleep doing?

NG

My sleep is doing about the same NG. Some nights are better than others. Last night was not too good however..... LOL

My mother only had her right knee done. They sent a PT person here to her home right after the surgery to help with her rehab for a few weeks IIRC. Then, I had to start taking her to this rehab place several times a week to complete the remainder. Are you having the rehab done at home right now or are you going some place away from your home?

AB, sleep is that way.  Hopefully you sleep better tonight. My philosophy is there is always another night. 

I am getting to do my rehab at home, as I cannot leave my husband who has mid stage Alzheimer's. That's a good enough excuse for them to cover in home therapy.  He does fairly well in daily life, but now and then he wants to use his power tools/saws, which he cannot do. He shows less interest in power tools, as he forgets how to do so many things, but he has to be watched. Then there is climbing on ladders, so I cannot risk leaving him. At this point, I do not have in home care,  as I can handle everything for now.

How did your mother recover from her knee surgery? That's great you could take her for her rehab.

My sleep is still mostly gone, but it will come back.

NG

Hey guys,

Midnight here and I am about to try and get some sleep. Last night was 8+ hours and the night before, I got only 3. I never know what I am going to get. I drank coffee for the first time in a year today, so I hope it doesn't impact my sleep.

I am not really that tired, so I hope this goes well. Good night.

HM

Hello girls,

Nice to see you're having such great attitudes! That's the way - the only way - to handle all that life throws at us. Not-great sleep being one of them.

NG,  I hope your knee is still getting better. The PT is going to get you back on track soon! And yes, sleep is going to come back. It always does.

I admire how you cope with all the issues you ars faced with. You are one strong woman!

HM,  how was your sleep last night? Any luck? If not, another 8 hour night is coming soon!

I had a bad night last Saturday: lots of abdominal pain out of the blue. In hindsight it's probably because of taking too many supplements such as Vitm D3, K2 and Zinc. Stopped taking them and drank lots of water on Sunday,  which ended the pain.

Most nights my sleep is some 4 or 5 hours undisturbed, followed by a couple of hours of light sleep. I'll take it.

Saw my eye-doctor again this morning. There's some fluid in the retina of the right eye, which causes blurred vision. Back on eye drops, 2 kinds 4 times a day. Hopefully this does the trick...maybe this time.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Trochsetter

Good day all,

TS, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your abdominal pain.  Hopefully you are still better after drinking lots of water and stopping the supplements.

Glad you are keeping up with your eye doctor appointments and back on the drops. 

Lessee, I am at two weeks post op.  It's going okay. My right leg muscles seems so tight around the knee, which I don't remember from the surgery last year, but perhaps it was like this. I'm getting through my physical therapy each day and walking for 30 minutes at three different times (ten minute intervals) throughout the day. 

Perhaps I am rushing things because I'm not getting any younger here and time of the essence.

My sleep has gone away, mostly because I cannot get comfortable at night. I toss and turn a lot trying to find the least painful place.

NG

How did the sleep go HM? Mine was not too good. I Did not get sleepy until almost 6AM and woke up  at 10:30AM. This is partially my fault. No matter the amount that I get, I have got to retrain my body to go to bed before midnight and just awake when it decides to awake. Ugh--

Sorry to hear you are still having some post surgical pain issues NG. Hang in there. Once the knee pain subsides, your sleep should improve.

I don't do well with supplements either, Torchsetter. Currently, I only take Vid D and B12.  The B12 is taken only once a week.

Hello everyone,

My sleep was better last night, altho still far from ideal. I turned off all electronics and forced myself into bed by 1AM. I think I had fallen asleep by 2AM. I had to get up once to use the bathroom. I then got back to sleep ( less than 30 minutes) and re-woke again 8AM.....so maybe 6 hours and some change. Quality was fairly ok. I woke up feeling better than the night before. :thumbsup:

Now, anxiety is back, kicking my butt again...can't win for losing as they say. LOL

I am about to meditate again for 10 minutes.

Take care everyone and try to enjoy your Sat.

AB,

Glad you are getting into bed earlier (for you) and I hope it helps you get more sleep. I know how rough those little 30 minute stints of sleep can be. It's tough.

NG,

I hope your knee is coming along OK. It does get harder to recover as we get older. I am sorry it is impacting your sleep again. I hope that your sleep starts to improve soon, and you are more comfortable in bed.

TS,

I hope your stomach problems have subsided and you are feeling better.

I haven't slept over 6 hours in several days now and the last few nights have been especially rough. Last night I went to bed at 1am and didn't fall asleep until after 3am. I then was up 4 times to use the restroom. I woke up for the final time at about 8:15 am and had huge cortisol rushes and anxiety/worry. I hate mornings. I ended up totaling maybe 4 hours last night. I thought the adrenaline surges and anxiety were just me, but I read on another thread that it might be Xanax WD, so I am hoping it IS due to WD because maybe then it will go away.

Wish me luck tonight? AND in the morning! I HATE the morning anxiety  :( It's SO hard!

HM

Hello everybody,

Sorry to see you're all having issues with sleep again / still. Like NG says "there’s always a next night". Hopefully that is going to be a better one!

My abdominal issues haven't been back so far, I 'm happy to report I cut down hard on the supplements, in that I only take D3 and K2 just once a week. I do still take a fish-oil capsule daily.  They don't give any issues.

My sleep is OK. Last night I woke up around 5.30 am. Went to the bathroom .

Fell asleep again quickly after that. But the final hour was one of muscle and hip pain. Got up earlier than usual because the cleaning lady was coming in at 9. After a nice shower and a lovely breakfast ( always oatmeal), the pain was gone!

Hope you all had a good sleep and are going to have a pleasant Monday!

Stay safe.

TS

Hi TS, happy to hear sleep was ok for you. I also eat oatmeal every single day, but I don't eat it normally for breakfast. I am usually almost never hungry when I awake so I do not eat. I have my bowl of oatmeal around 4 PM each day. I eat the whole oat groats because I like the chewy texture and these cause less of a spike in blood sugar.

I think I fell asleep about 3AM and awoke 7:30 AM. I awoke once to use the bathroom but fell back to sleep again quickly so I got maybe 4.5 hours of sleep in total.  I feel ok but I can feel the anxiety starting to build, so I am going to meditate for 10 minutes.

Enjoy your Monday everyone.  :)

Hi all, I am not doing very well, but at least I am 18 days post surgery, so that is good.

I'm having a lot of anxiety plus muscle pains/spasms in my right leg.  It is common but that does not make it any easier.

My sleep is mostly gone. uff

Therapy is torturous but I knew that going in. ha

AntiB, glad you eat oatmeal daily, also! It's good healthy stuff.

4.5 hours isn't a lot, but it is okay.  The anxiety is stressful.  Hopefully the meditation helps.

TS,

Hopefully the abdominal issues stay away.  Sounds like you have the supplements figured out. 

Enjoy the clean house!

NG

Hello

NG,

Sorry you're not doing very well. Let's hope things will get better soon.

PT can be quite a challenge, when it brings pain and discomfort with it. But...it's all for the greater good, right. In a month or two you'll be running like Usian Bolt and will have forgotten all about the pain you went through. Hah

AntiB,

Did last night treat you any better? I hope it did.

Yes, the pure whole oat groats are my favorite as well! Twice a week I treat myself to a little extra and put a sprinkling of cinnamon on top. Delicious! Oatmeal should be made mandatory!

Well, I hope you're both having a pleasant day. Overhere most of it is gone by now. Another dark and cold day. January is turning out to be one of the darkest on record. Barely any sunshine to speak of! Should you happen to blink just then, you missed the sunshine for that day...

Stay strong.

Trochsetter

Hey guys,

Glad your stomach issues are getting better, TS and I am sorry your sleep isn't going well, NG.

My sleep is going through a new stage. I was able to sleep 3 hours at a time for a while and was getting 8 hours oof sleep now and then but now I am back to getting 4 to 5 hours of very broken sleep. Last night was no exception. I went to bed at 10:45 and didn't fall asleep until 1:30. I then slept in one or one and a half hour spurts with the going to the bathroom in between. I end up with a total of 4 or 5 hours. I am ready and waiting for another 8-hour night.

Have a great day,

HM

[6a...]