Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello nightengale,

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery on Friday!  Hopefully you'll be up and "running" again in no time.

These days patients are on their feet so much sooner after surgery than in years gone by. It's a good thing health wise, but also much less costly. Works both ways.

Glad you got the house sorted. You'll be returning home to a place of spic and span after the surgery.

Try not to worry too much in advance. Just think of the mobility you'll have again once all this is over! Hoop at the ready... :D

Stay strong!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TS

Good evening TS, Friday is almost here.  I guess I am as ready as I will ever be.

The house is clean, the sheets are washed, as is everything that might come in touch with my body/ knee. The surgeon is a stickler on everything being as clean as it can be. I'm totally happy with that, as an infection would just cause more problems.

My surgery is at 11:15 am with a check in at 9:15 am.  That's a fine time for me. I will be dropped off by my son and his fiancée along with my husband. Only one person can go in and that same person must pick me up. 

I'm all out of words, so will sign off.

Thanks for the good wishes!

NG

I tried to resist, but I could not.

I fell asleep and took about a 1.5 hour nap.

I know what this means.

No sleep for me tonight. Ugh!

NG,

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know how it goes.

AB,

I wish I could nap! I haven't napped in about 2 years. I hope you can still sleep tonight. I used to be able to sleep 8 hours at night and still get in a 2 to 2.5 hour nap during the day. I hope that comes back.

I have been off for 2.5 months now. Last night was about 4 hours. The night before was about 7. I am still back and forth but much better than a few months ago where every night was 1 to 3 hours or, sometimes, zero.

Have a great Friday, everyone,

HM

Have a great Friday back HM.

I did finally fall back asleep about 5AM and slept 3, maybe 4 hours tops I think.

I hope restful, restorative sleep eventually returns to you at some point HM. I know I feel so much better on those rare nights I can get in a good 6 or 7 hours. Sleep is often the only escape from this horror "benzo" show.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Hi AntiBenzo, that was my dog, Brinna. She died last summer after being diagnosed with gastrointestinal lymphoma.  She was fifteen, but we decided to try chemo to see if it would give her a little quality time, but it was not to be.  A week later, we took her for one last walk, gave her some very special treats ( a piece or three of a Costco blueberry muffin that she adored) had her quietly put to sleep, in my arms at home, by a vet service, that comes to families.  She was an amazing little Cairn Terrier, who was a retired show dog and has an album full of champion ribbons and pictures. 

Her first family thought she would be happier living out her years as an only dog and so we were given the wonderful opportunity of bringing her into our lives at the age of six. 

Your comment did give me something to smile about.

Thanks,

NG

Brinna was a lucky dog to have found you, you gave her many good years, I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one.

I think I got in 6.5 hours of total sleep last night but it was broken up into 2 segments...... but hey, I will take it. :)

Try to enjoy your weekend everyone.

The other night, I slept about 3.5 hours uninterrupted and that is the longest 'stretch' I have had since I started tapering off Xanax. I slept a total of about 7 to 8. I have had other 8-hour nights, but they are broken up into 2-hour stretches. It was nice to get the uninterrupted sleep. Back when Ambien used to work for me, I would fall asleep and wake up in the same position 8 hours later. Ambien doesn't work for me and neither does Xanax. I can't ever take either again.

I also have to use the bathroom a lot at night and that wakes me up, sometimes, when I am sleeping well. I have always had an overactive bladder.

HM

Hello Buddies...4AM here. I could not get back to sleep so I thought I would come here to BB and hangout awhile. I am about to meditate for 10 minutes and then see if I can fall back asleep. Wish me luck!  :)

How long did the Ambien work for you HM bf things started going south?

AB,

I only took Ambien now and then. It was my tolerance to Xanax that caused me to also be tolerant to Ambien.

Towards the end of April 2021, I started having problems with my Xanax not working. It used to put me to sleep all night, but I got to where I would take a full 2mg 'bar' of Xanax and only sleep 2 or 3 hours. Out of desperation, I tried Ambien a few times when the Xanax didn't work, and the Ambien didn't work either!

Also, the Xanax started causing me paradoxical symptoms really bad. That's part of the reason why I cut my 4mg daily dose in half right when I started my taper. I was scared to take it and scared not to take it. It was a long 6 months getting off of it and now I have been off for 2.5 months.

My sleep is back and forth now. I slept about 4.5 to 5 hours, again, last night. I am due for another 8-hour night soon, I hope! I hope you were able to go back to sleep after 4am last night. I have had moderate success with going back to sleep after I wake up at 5 or 6am. This morning, I woke up at 6am and didn't go back to sleep, even though my alarm was set for 8. About a week ago, I was actually able to go back to sleep at 8am and I slept until 9:30am! That's only happened one time, so far though.

HM

Hi HM,

I was able to fall back asleep but it was not good restorative sleep. I tossed and turned and finally woke up again, feeling very anxious and agitated. UGH!

You said>>> 

I am due for another 8-hour night soon, I hope!

The same thing happens to me HM. I will go for a while with crappy sleep and then for whatever reason, I will get in a night of 7-8 hours of good sleep and then things reset again. This is so frustrating bc you need and want good consistent sleep.

Hi AB,

I am very anxious this morning too. I had the most bizarre dream last night. I dreamed my daughter was about 2.5 years old but during my dream, I realized I was dreaming! I said to someone in my dream "My daughter is 22 years old! I am dreaming. I hope I am not stuck in a coma!" and I started trying to wake myself up and eventually did. I was disappointed when I woke up, because I need all the sleep I can get. It was kind of a scary dream. That is the second time I have been dreaming and realized I was dreaming. It added to my anxiety this morning. I slept about 7 hours broken last night. The longest stretch I had was about 2 hours. I kept having to get up and use the restroom.

HM

Really weird - Seems like at about 9PM each night, I get this almost irresistible urge to fall asleep. It is like my body is calling out for a nap before I am ready to go to bed. If I allow myself to fall asleep at 9, I always wake back up 1-2 hours later and can not get back to sleep until 5 or 6 AM and the quality of that second sleep is usually very poor. UGH.....maddening sometimes.

The broken sleep is very frustrating HM. The majority of my sleep is broken up into segments like this and I hate it.

I also hate the weird dreams like what you described. I do not dream often....at least ones that I can remember after I awake.

The longest 'stretch' I have had since I started tapering May 2021 is 3.5 hours. That happened a few days ago. I typically sleep between 30 minutes and 2 hours and then I wake up, go the restroom or roll over and go back to sleep. It's really frustrating. I get tired around 9pm too. I go to bed at about 10pm or so and 'get up' (even though I am already awake) at about 9am. I am in bed 10 to 11 hours in order to sleep 4 to 8.  Sometimes I get less but, usually, at least 4 hours.

HM

GM Buddies...

I went to bed around 3AM. I think it took me about 30-60 minutes bf I fell asleep.  I awoke at 9AM, so I got approx. 5 and 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. The sleep was of decent quality.

AB,

yay! I am so happy for you! I have yet to get 5+ hours of uninterrupted sleep since I started my taper. That's wonderful :)

I went to bed around 10 and was awake until 1am when I finally went to sleep. I slept about 5 hours too, but it was all broken sleep, waking up every hour or two. At least my symptoms are improved enough where I can lay in bed and rest when I am not sleeping.

Have a great day.

HM

GM everyone. I fell asleep around 3AM I think. I awoke once at 6AM to use the bathroom. I was able to fall right back asleep and slept about 2 more hours I think (again). Even tho the sleep was broken, the quality was decent. :thumbsup:

Hello,

I went to bed at 10pm, again and didn't fall asleep until about 1am. I then slept until 7am but got up 4 times (yes!) to use the bathroom. I have urgency and it interrupts my sleep. I ended up getting 4.5 to 5 hours of broken sleep. Lots of dreams, as usual.

HM

Hello,

I went to bed at 10pm, again and didn't fall asleep until about 1am. I then slept until 7am but got up 4 times (yes!) to use the bathroom. I have urgency and it interrupts my sleep. I ended up getting 4.5 to 5 hours of broken sleep. Lots of dreams, as usual.

HM

Do you dream frequently, HM? I actually miss dreaming. I stopped dreaming when I started taking benzos.

I am going to start using the Health App on my iPhone to track my sleep. I do it for other things like Nutrition, vitals like>>> BG, BP, RHR, Hearing, etc. and weight.

AB,

Yes, I am a frequent dreamer. I dream a lot. Mostly about my children but the dreams vary. I also dream about my ex-husband a lot. I still love him although it was best for the marriage to end. He was mentally abusive.

But, yes! I definitely dream a lot.

HM

HM, I wish there was some way I could force dreaming and also determine what I was going to be dreaming about. I use to have dreams as a teen and young adult about flying like superman. Those were really fun.

A disturbing recurring dream I use to have was being naked in a public space and desperately trying to find clothes to cover myself with.

Went to bed at 3AM and awoke at 8AM so 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I resisted the urge to nap between 8 and 9 pm yesterday. I need to be in bed by midnight (asleep) and see when I wake up. I hate going to bed at these late night hours. Sometimes, it is almost morning before I finally fall asleep. Ugh--

AB,

I have had some really fun dreams where the universe is talking to me in my dream or where I can fly or have powers. Those are  great dreams. Lately, I have been falling asleep at 12 or 1 and sleeping until 6 to 8 in the morning but it's very interrupted with bathroom and wake-up breaks. I have gotten 4 to 5 hours every night for about 5 nights in a row. I am off to bed now. Wish me luck.

HM

Any dreams last night HM?

I went to bed at 3AM again. I slept until about 9:30AM. Sleep was broken in the middle to go to the bathroom but I was able to fall right back to sleep so not too bad I suppose.

Hello everyone, enjoy your Friday.

I hope nightengale is ok. I have not seen her around lately.

[d3...]