Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello sleep trackers!

I stopped using Ambien about 3.5 weeks ago. Now I've read all your entries and see parallels with HeartMost. My sleep in the last three weeks since 0 mg:

Week 1:

5-5-7-5-5-5-5

week 2:

7-5-7-5-7-5-7

week 3:

7-7-5-4-7-8-5

Week 4:

8-5-7-5-4-8-7

My sleep is very often interrupted by visits to the bathroom. I do not give up. I'm working full-time and I'm going to take a two-day vacation starting tomorrow. I'm curious how it looks in the hotel with the sleep.

I wish you restful nights!

Hello Sabitzer,

Congrats on being off of the bad stuff!

You're doing quite well sleep-wise in comparison.

Hope you enjoy your short vacation!  It's so nice to get away from it all for a time.

On the frequent bathroom visits: drinking nothing after 8 pm. might do the trick.

Stay well!

Trochsetter

Good day all,

My sleep is a little better. I long to sleep for several hours straight, but all I get is broken sleep of one hour increments. This has been going on for so long, I wonder if this is it.  Mostly, I am glad for sleep. 

My knee keeps improving each day and the bent knee is ever so slowly becoming straight.  My therapist suggested I back off of the 2x a day therapy to 1x daily, and concentrate on focusing on tightening the knee muscles. I thought that was what I was doing, but it's complicated, so I won't explain. ha

We are in day three of below 0F temps. It's -3F outside and snowing heavily as I type. 

Take care everyone,

NG

Hello nightengale,

Nice to hear your knee is getting better, little by little does it! Just keep doing what the PT is telling you and you will be fine.

Sorry your sleep is a  it of an on-off case. But at least you do get your hours. That's so much better than it has been for a long time.

Wow, that's really cold! Rather you than me.

We had 6 days with storm in a row! A first in over a century of weather measurement! And so much rain this Februari.

Today brought a bit of Spring!

It is sunny and much more settled. Did 45 minutes of sunbathing ( face and hands) around noon.  Lovely!  O, how I have missed that. This afternoon I took a nice bike ride. Unfortunately  the wind increased. But, you can't win 'em all, right?

Seeing my eye-doctor again tomorrow. Nothing seems to work. Oh well, probably buy a guide dog soon...

Enjoy this Wednesday!

Trochsetter

Ps this Friday (almost) all Corona restrictions are being lifted! Yay!

Hi all, I went to my six week post op Dr. appointment. He was pleased with my progress and put my numbers in perspective for where I am at with my knee recovery.  My knee will eventually straighten out with therapy.  I was relieved.

The temp is a balmy 24 degrees outside. The sun is shining and snow is no longer in the forecast.

My sleep tanked last night.  I was down to zero until I finally dozed off for about 30 minutes this morning.  Worst night in a long time.

TS, that is great you are getting a peek at some spring weather!  The sun bathing sounds lovely on your hands and face. 

The bike ride sounds nice. Indeed we can't win them all. 

I hope your eye doctor appointment went better than you thought it would. 

That is the best news that the corona virus restrictions are being lifted tomorrow!! Woohooo!!!

NG

Hi NG,

Well, quite a mixed bag.

So happy for you now that your Dr said your knee is doing just fine! You put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears, so there's your reward! Yay! Well done you!

Oh no, not a really bad night again. So sorry for you! 

I hope last night you did a lot of catch-up.

My sleep wasn't good either. I kept waking  up over and over again because of painful muscles.  At times I felt as stiff as a board all over. No idea what caused that. I got soaking wet yesterday on  my way to the hospital, so maybe that did it. Who knows.

Saw the eye-doctor: she more or less decided a cataract op would be the best thing for me. She's going to consult with a colleague and will give me a ring next Tuesday. I'm more than ready for it! Hope it's finally going to be okay after all this time.

Glad your weather improved somewhat.  We need sunshine and warmth, right? Roll on Spring!

No more distancing and face-masks from today! Just in time  for those with the urge to go nuts with Carnaval this weekend. Not for me, thank you very much...

We're in for a sunny weekend. Finally, after all of those storms and rain.

Enjoy your Friday.

TS

Good day TS,

That is good news you are having the cataract surgery. I also hope it will be okay. You deserve nothing but the best when it comes to your eyesight. 

Sorry to hear your sleep wasn't so good.  The painful muscles are difficult to endure and worse at night.  I have that a lot, but it's better after my therapist suggested I drink some Gator aid as she thought I might have an electrolyte imbalance.  I felt there was too much sugar in the drink and it would keep me awake at night,  so didn't try it, until one evening when my legs would not stop with the muscle spasms. I had some that I had to drink before my surgery, so took a few sips and the spasms/pain went away. In all honesty, I thought the therapist was on the wrong track with her suggestion. I am so glad I tried it. 

My sleep was even worse last night.  I have no idea why.  I had started reading a new book called The Last Green Valley the night before and thought it was too stressful so put it aside for now. Sleep still did not come last night.  Perhaps tonight will be better.

Take care,

NG

Hi all

Sorry to jump/barge in. I have been reading your information here and wondered if you could help me.

I am tapering diazepam by reducing in 0.25mg from 11.5mg every 3 weeks. I started reducing again in jan after a long break. I have managed 2 reductions.

I have numerous drugs to come off.

Last week I felt good and slept pretty well.

Had quite a lot of stressors last weekend and my anxiety has gone sky high so much so the last few days have been 3 or 4 hours sleep.

I have got myself in a terrible tizzy that I cannot get rid of all these meds.

Do you think stress contributes to the sleep so much? Also as I am so tired I am struggling to see the positives.

Thank you for your help

Hello all!

This last week has been a setback. I haven't slept 7+ hours in over a week. The last 5 nights have been, 3, 2, 3, 3, 5. I am hoping to get back to the 7- and 8-hour nights soon. I have been off Xanax for 4 months and I still have a long way to go. I thought I was pulling out of the woods but there is a lot of back and forth in getting better. I hope I get some sleep tonight. I have so much work to do. I am behind. Wish me luck.

good night!

HM

Hi Miss Piggy, welcome to BenzoBuddies.  This forum can offer you a lot of support for success with your taper and recovery. 

Check in on  WITHDRAWAL SUPPORT as there are many comments that might help you taper successfully off of diazepam.  You seem to be doing very well thus far.

Stress does seem to contribute to insomnia for so many.  It is important to take one day, one hour and sometimes one minute at a time to see a positive.

Your body/brain has a lot of healing to do, which takes time, but it will heal. 

I wish you the very best. We are glad you are here!

NG

Thank you Nightengale.

I appreciate your welcome and kind words.

I appear to have hit a dip at the moment and finding it harder to see the lights.

I managed to get to 2am last night then awake from then. I hope you managed some sleep.

Take big care

Hi Miss Piggy, welcome to BenzoBuddies.  This forum can offer you a lot of support for success with your taper and recovery. 

Check in on  WITHDRAWAL SUPPORT as there are many comments that might help you taper successfully off of diazepam.  You seem to be doing very well thus far.

Stress does seem to contribute to insomnia for so many.  It is important to take one day, one hour and sometimes one minute at a time to see a positive.

Your body/brain has a lot of healing to do, which takes time, but it will heal. 

I wish you the very best. We are glad you are here!

NG

Hi everyone:)

AB,

I sent you a PM:)

So, last night, after days of bad sleep. I got 7 hours. I even got a 4-hour stretch. The first in months and months. It was a nice break after several nights of 2 and 3 hours. I hope it is a sign that things are moving along. I rarely sleep longer than an hour and a half without waking up, so 4 hours was exceptional for me. Hoping all are well rested and happy.

HM

Hi everyone,

Miss piggy,

Welcome. As NG mentioned there's a lot of info on here. I hope your stressors leave so you can start to feel better and also sleep better! Yes, stress is an awful thing.

HM,  Glad to find out your good sleep is back! 4 hours in a row is great in my book! Keep it up!

NG,  I hope you're still doing OK. How's your knee coming along? Is it getting straighter?

My sleep is OK.  I sleep some 4 hours before waking up to the call of nature. Then it's back to sleep right away. But, this last week or so, I 've been getting those mean muscle and joint pains again around 6 am. They stop me from sleeping. After getting up they subside in 10 minutes or so. Oh well, I guess I'll have to take it.

I stopped taking Nortriptyline after a week. It had a nasty side effect: it became harder by the day to urinate. Now that I 'm a week off, the issue has dissolved. So no more Nortriptyline. 

We had 3 lovely sunny days in a row. Nice temps as well. I mowed the lawn yesterday. It's that time of the year again. It killed my feet and back, but no gain without pain, right?

Wishing you all a lovely Tuesday.

Trochsetter

Ps. No more face-mask or distancing do take some getting used to. Hugs are in order again too. Wow, strange new (old) world...

Wow, a lot of great comments this morning. 

HM, that's great news you slept 4 hours in a row.  It makes for better nights and days. 

TS, I am also glad you are sleeping well at least until the joint pains make an unwelcome appearance.  That's good they go away, but wish they would never start. The nortriptyline did have some nasty side effects. At least your urination is back to normal after stopping the med.

We are having warm sunny days here, also, but the grass has not come out of its winter dormancy.  The winter snow cover has helped with that. 

I say no pain no gain a lot. ha

My knee continues to improve and so each day of PT and healing brings me closer to normal.  My left knee works so incredibly well, if there was not a scar there, I would never know anything had happened.  Modern medicine has so many benefits and I'm happy to be on the receiving end. 

Take care,

NG

TS, Glad you are getting your 4 hours too before your bathroom break:) That's great. I am so happy for you.

NG, Good job with your PT! Glad your knee is coming along. Seems like you just had your knee replacement, but time has gone by.

Last night was another decent night for me. I got about 6-ish hours. I got up at least 3 times to use the restroom but managed to go back to sleep. I went to bed at about 10:30 and went to sleep within 15 to 20 minutes which is unusual for me. I then slept for about 3 hours before my first bathroom break. I just never know what I am going to get. Only a few nights ago, I was awake all night, for hours, only getting 2 hours of sleep.

God speed on my healing, I pray. Yours too.

HM

Hi all,

I hope you slept well.

My sleep was good for a few nights, with even a 7 hour one, with the usual bathroom stop of course.

Last night was kind of a rougher one. Much more pain in my legs and torso. Probably a reaction to the little bit of gardening I did earlier. Oh well  I survived. There's always another night, though these days, with the threat of another "Great War" I 'm not so sure.

Lots of sun this week, so some face-tanning  every day. Lovely. Getting colder again next week.

Wishing us all a peaceful (!) day.

Take care. Peace!

TS

Hi everyone,

HM, I hope your sleep will level out with more six plus hours of sleep.  I hope things are going well for you otherwise. 

TS, hopefully the pain in your legs and torso goes away soon.  Gardening can do that.  I noticed that when I shovel the snow, I am stiff and sore in my arms, but when it was isn't heavy, wet snow,  and I sweep it off, I have no soreness/stiffness. 

A few years ago, I was lifting hand weights before a cruise and my shoulder became so painful I could barely move or sleep.  I used ice on it and took Tylenol and after a few months, the pain went away.  This age thing isn't just a number, because those numbers add up. 

Getting some sun is so beneficial in many ways.  Enjoy it while you can.  It has been warm and sunny here, but tomorrow cold weather and snow is predicted to return. 

I too am concerned about another great war.  This week I have watched the news,  which only reports more bad news each day.  Uff

Take care,

NG

Hello BB NG, TS, and HM....hope you guys are all doing ok. I hope your sleep continues to improve HM. I know it can seem elusive and random sometimes. I think what we would all like the most is consistency.

You will be out running marathons bf you know it NG. LOL

Congrats on the 7 hours of sleep TS. I love it when I can sneak one of those in.

AB, Thanks for the props. I appreciate it.

TS, nice job on the 7 hours! Love those nights:)

NG, keep up the good work on your knees healing. That must feel great to be so far along since the surgery.

Last night was about 5-ish hours for me. The previous 3 nights were 5 to 7. I am at work today and doing OK. I am OK as long as I get those precious 4+ hours.

Have a great day.

HM

Hi,

Boy, really quiet on the sleep-front. Hope it's because everyone is sleeping like a baby...

My sleep last night was a two part thing again. Great from the off at 11 am until around 3 am. Bathroom visit. Back to sleep straight away. Last 3 to 4 hours lots of tossing and turning. My legs were hurting. Too much walking and cycling lately? Glad the alarm went at 7.45 am. Ready for a  brand new sunny day!

Enjoy this Tuesday!

TS

I was sleeping but not like a baby TS, LOL.

Keep up the walking and cycling. I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 3. It is now 4AM so I am going to lie back down and see if I can get a little more sleep. :)

I got a total of 7 hours last night I think. It would be heaven to consistently get this amount.

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

I am so happy for you, AB that you got 7 hours! I am due for another 7-to-8-hour night. Last night, for me, was about 4 or 5 hours. I can function on that, but it isn't ideal. I have been waking up at 6:30 or 7:00am and not able to go back to sleep. I toss and turn a lot too.

HM

[e3...]