Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Benzogirl,  I took a mild (50% DRI)  on a day for ages. But stopped taking them as I didn't feel "good" on them anymore.  Took one again last week; had more symptoms the next day. So I won't take them anymore while tapering.

Valiumnomore; you're absolutely right!

Uggghhh it's great that this topic came up. No more freaking vitamins. I thought it was the typical BB myth and here I am, living with the consequences.

DBM I keep reading you progress log and I hate it because I can't comment!! Why not a buddie blog? Well, whatever you feel more comfortable with. I also have a progress log because I love chit chat but I don't want anyone telling me what to do with my taper.

Benzogirl,  I took a mild (50% DRI)  on a day for ages. But stopped taking them as I didn't feel "good" on them anymore.  Took one again last week; had more symptoms the next day. So I won't take them anymore while tapering.

Agreed. After this mess I’m scared to take anything, and that includes food. I think if you eat a fairly healthy diet you don’t need vitamins. I believe it’s just redundant. I recall eating some chocolate ice cream after dinner and was up all night. Argh....

Trochsetter I thought you were also like most buddies in this thread who are completely off the drug, however I looked at your signature and I see we're both on a low dose of valium and holding! What a coincidence. I'm holding at least until January. I´ve come out of a really back hole and I won't start tapering again until stable. That's my approach right now.

Agreed. After this mess I’m scared to take anything, and that includes food. I think if you eat a fairly healthy diet you don’t need vitamins. I believe it’s just redundant. I recall eating some chocolate ice cream after dinner and was up all night. Argh....

Benzogirl I eat one ounce of dark chocolate almost every day after lunch. Do you think I'd be better without it? It's just one of the only joys there's left in life for me  :-[

DBM I keep reading you progress log and I hate it because I can't comment!! Why not a buddie blog? Well, whatever you feel more comfortable with. I also have a progress log because I love chit chat but I don't want anyone telling me what to do with my taper.

Yea, I thought about it, but I’m kind of an introvert and didn’t want people responding with negativity. Sooooo many opinions on this site. I might start one still. Feel free to PM me!!

Yea, I thought about it, but I’m kind of an introvert and didn’t want people responding with negativity. Sooooo many opinions on this site. I might start one still. Feel free to PM me!!

I get it DBM. Sometimes it's also very "well intended advice" on my other meds or on my taper speed or my holding. Some "well intended advice" has sent me into very nice waves of fear so I try to avoid it. Yes I might PM you then when I feel the urge to tell you something about what you write on your PL  :)

Benzogirl I eat one ounce of dark chocolate almost every day after lunch. Do you think I'd be better without it? It's just one of the only joys there's left in life for me  :-[

I think it depends. Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you but it does contain more caffeine than milk chocolate. But if you’ve been eating it all along with no problem I don’t see why you can’t continue. Of course I’m not you so I cannot say for sure. I for example can’t even drink de caffeinated tea because it contains a little bit of caffeine. But I stopped drinking coffee in my 20s and yes it’s been decades lol 😂.

I really like coffee so as I’m further out I’m going to try half a cup of tea first thing in the morning and see what happens. I am starting to notice right after I finished my marathon taper I can eat more stuff. Like cereal. It used to give my cog fog but no more. I had to quit smoking because one cigarette would keep me up. I still crave them but won’t smoke one. So if you’re unsure why don’t you skip the dark chocolate one day and see how it goes. If no difference than you have your answer. I agree, benzos get rid of  the few pleasures we have. All together benzos suck. I hope you can eat the chocolate. I bet you can..... :smitten:

I think it depends. Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you but it does contain more caffeine than milk chocolate. But if you’ve been eating it all along with no problem I don’t see why you can’t continue. Of course I’m not you so I cannot say for sure. I for example can even drink dr caffeinated tea because it contains a little bit of caffeine. But I stopped drinking coffee in my 20s and yes it’s been decades lol 😂.

I really like coffee so as I’m further out I’m going to try half a cup of tea first thing in the morning and see what happens. I am starting to notice right after I finished my marathon taper I can eat more stuff. Like cereal. It used to give my cog fog but no more. I had to quit smoking because one cigarette would keep me up. I still crave them but won’t smoke one. So if you’re unsure why don’t you skip the dark chocolate one day and see how it goes. I agree, benzos get rid of  the few pleasures we have. All together benzos suck.

Oh benzogirl, I'm dying for a cigarette but I think it would kill me LOL. I'm only an occasional smoker but since the crash I crave it more than ever but I'm not brave enough to try. I'll stick to the chocolate and see if one day I'm strong enough to go without the chocolate.

I slept around 6 hours last night, which is wonderful for me!

Life is good

Went for a walk with my daughter, who had stopped by last evening.

I used to walk the neighborhood until a loose chow attacked my dog while we were on a walk.

The last thing I saw was my Cairn terrier roll over and disappear under the Chow's head.

I kept kicking at the chow and screaming. Finally it let go and circled around us again.

I had picked up my dog and ran for home.

She had two puncture wounds on her chest.

Anyway, I stopped walking around the neighborhood after that.

I slept around 6 hours last night, which is wonderful for me!

Life is good

Went for a walk with my daughter, who had stopped by last evening.

I used to walk the neighborhood until a loose chow attacked my dog while we were on a walk.

The last thing I saw was my Cairn terrier roll over and disappear under the Chow's head.

I kept kicking at the chow and screaming. Finally it let go and circled around us again.

I had picked up my dog and ran for home.

She had two puncture wounds on her chest.

Anyway, I stopped walking around the neighborhood after that.

Nightingale I'm so sorry that your dog got attacked so gruesomely. My mum had a dog and the other lose aggressive dogs made it a dangerous activity to walk him. That's one of the reasons why I don't have a dog. On the other hand, I am so glad you slept six hours!!!

They may be NRA fanatics where I live. But they would have shot the nasty dog....it’s unfair that you cannot walk yours where you want.

I also think those laws should be enforced. Maybe not shooting the dog but finding a different owner.

Thanks everyone for you positive comments.

I called animal control and they did find the owner of the dog, who paid a hefty fine for having both a loose and vicious dog. The dog's owner also paid my vet bill for the puncture wounds.

Tonight I fell asleep for 20 minutes watching tv and it is now 1:32 am and I have not slept since waking up from the short nap and going to bed.

I just don't get it..

Thanks everyone for you positive comments.

I called animal control and they did find the owner of the dog, who paid a hefty fine for having both a loose and vicious dog. The dog's owner also paid my vet bill for the puncture wounds.

Tonight I fell asleep for 20 minutes watching tv and it is now 1:32 am and I have not slept since waking up from the short nap and going to bed.

I just don't get it..

Nightingale I'm so sorry dear. Try this, it's the one eastcoast used. It's worked for me but of course I am on trazodona.

I’m very happy about the dog and sad about your lack of sleep 🛏. Your body will eventually crash and you’ll get more. I do hope you managed to sleep after you wrote this post. :smitten:

Nightengale I forgot to put the link. This is the youtube video that eastcoast talks a lot about. She says it helped her finally sleep. I tried this morning and fell asleep for 20 mins. If anyone wants to give it a go, here it is.

[01...]