Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I slept 5 hours. I feel guilty in this group because I sleep better now due to the updose and trazodone and gabapentin... While most of you are already off the drug and sleeping much less. I started obsessing with insomnia when on June 14 I hit a wall, went into acute wd and in spite of updosing couldn't get out of acute. For 6 weeks had many many nights of 1-2,hours. Sometimes 0 hours. And I still had to face my responsibilities every day. That's been really traumatic and that's why I follow this group. If someone feels I shouldn't be here please let me know.

What I do when I can't sleep :

Youtube videos, I listen, not watch, Baylissa's YouTube channel "blooming in wellness". She's very encouraging, especially for people who have CTD or fast tapered and think they are not healing properly.

If you're a Christian there's a youtube meditation called "sleep meditation prayers and promises". It relaxes me more than anything. It gives me inner peace. I don't like the other Christian meditations, too much talking, however this one is great.

I also read on my kindle Baylissa Frederick's book, although some parts really trigger me. 

I also read BBs but at night I try to stay in "accentuate the positive".

There's another YouTube video that doesn't really induce sleep but helps take some distance from the suffering. It's a disidentification exercise meditation and here it is.

6.5 hours, vivid weird dreams. It would be nice to get a fun vivid dream!

Valiumnomore,

You are 100% welcome here. Don’t feel guilty. We are all struggling with the same thing. Thank you for the video suggestions!

I could not go to sleep and so got up around 1 to drink some milk.  I dozed a bit after that, but never felt like I slept.

When I can't sleep, I read.  I finished Where the Crawdad's Sing. I didn't like the ending, but it was still a good read.

Anyway, I am feeling the lack of sleep this morning. meh

Last night was a 2. I sat up and watched The Ashes cricket (what a game!) and fell asleep until 8am when I suddenly woke up. I rolled around and stayed in bed until 10:20am.

This is the new norm for me now.

I'm going to attempt waking up early and going to bed at the same time to reset my circadian rhythm. Who knows, this may hold the key to a good recovery.

Dave.

Nightengale reading is a great insomnia relief. For withdrawal I prefer comedies. My favorite is the Adrian Mole saga. Then I read "delete this at your peril". Quite funny. Amy comedies your recommend?

4 hours then awake for 2 and hypnagogia/sleep paralysis for another 2.

Fighting fox I never get that but I read other buddies do. It sounds tough, though I recall someone saying she preferred that to being awake.

Fighting fox I never get that but I read other buddies do. It sounds tough, though I recall someone saying she preferred that to being awake.

I will say it makes the time go by better than tossing and turning, but it definitely doesn't let you feel rested. Also it's kind of terrifying in its own way haha.

I will say it makes the time go by better than tossing and turning, but it definitely doesn't let you feel rested. Also it's kind of terrifying in its own way haha.

Firefox it sounds scary yes. I hope you sleep well today. It's eleven at night here.

Another bad night. Waking up quite often,  early morning nausea,  belly aches, mosquito looking for my blood, the heat. (We' re having another heatwave at the moment.). Got up at 6.30.  Tired and not feeling well. Muscles and joints hurting. O what a night... After breakfast things improving,  as they always do. Time to face another day!

1 hour and 45 mins.

I went to sleep initially for 45 minutes, then could not get back to sleep.

Got up and drank some milk, still could not go to sleep.

Listened to a You Tube sleep video and finally dropped off for an hour and woke up when it stopped.

That was it...

5.5, couldn’t get to sleep, which usually isn’t an issue. Dreams.

Trochsetter, I’m ready for cold weather too. Do you not have AC? I crank mine down to 67 with a fan and blackout curtains.

1.5 hours.

I'm also ready for the heat to go. My cooling system is set at 67, also. Black out shades, no dog in bed with me, clock covered.

Meh..I do all of the right things, but still don't sleep.

Tried chamomile tea last night. Went to sleep and woke up 30 mins later.  At least I tried.

Considered some CBD oil, but doubt that it will work with me. It's legal here.

It's been harder to get to sleep the past couple of days. Not sure why, maybe the mirt cut.

Still tons of vivid nightmares and awakenings,  no deep sleeep.

DBM,  no I don't.  It's normally not this hot this often overhere. But,  planning to buy one next year.

I never have deep sleep because of my Fibromyalgia. A lot of tossing and turning all night long. Plus the withdrawal symptoms. Sigh!

[98...]