Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Ladies….Feeling acute during cycle???

[Rh...]
Posted (edited)

Hello, I know I’m posting a lot and I’m sorry for that, but I’m in pretty desperate states lately!

Quick question, and I know it might me TMI, but does anyone else feel they get thrown back into acute during their menstrual cycles?  Is this a normal thing in regards to the healing timeline?

I have 1 week a month where I feel good and almost back to normal only to be slammed back into what feels acute when my period starts and then the week after too.  Every single month, without fail for going on 10 months.

Does this get better???

Edited by [Rh...]
Spelling

[Le...]

wow this headline is guaranteed to scare all the boys away. except me i guess. 

anything like that is going to have a larger effect on you now. dont worry about it too much. it will get easier the better you get. maybe someone can give you better advice about how to make those times go a little better and affect you less. 

• Haha 1

[Rh...]
18 hours ago, [[L...] said:

wow this headline is guaranteed to scare all the boys away. except me i guess. 

anything like that is going to have a larger effect on you now. dont worry about it too much. it will get easier the better you get. maybe someone can give you better advice about how to make those times go a little better and affect you less. 

Lol…I should have put a “warning”!!!  🤪😂

But it’s what’s happening to me and it sucks…big time!

Hoping someone chimes in, but maybe it’s too scary!

• Like 1

[Ka...]

This thread may be of interest 

you are not alone! 

• Love 1

[Rh...]
2 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

This thread may be of interest 

you are not alone! 

Thanks!!!  I’ll look it up.  I used the search bar before I posted this, but it’s so much info and so confusing!  Lol 

Glad I’m not alone.  ♥️

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Hey @[Rh...], Right there with you.  It is starting to get a bit better, but if I wasn't hyper-aware and searching for any positive change, no matter how small, I probably won't have noticed the difference yet.  So, "yay" for hyper-awareness for once!  😜

• Haha 1

[Rh...]
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Rh...], Right there with you.  It is starting to get a bit better, but if I wasn't hyper-aware and searching for any positive change, no matter how small, I probably won't have noticed the difference yet.  So, "yay" for hyper-awareness for once!  😜

I swear this journey turns us into people who are totally and completely aware of every single thing in our bodies and makes us the best at “being in tune with our bodies”

Im also hyper aware of EVERY single feeling I have now, so yeah, yay for us!!! Lol

• Love 1

[Bo...]

Bump… oh yes, my cycle was effective quite a bit by the meds.

About a week prior- migraines and insomnia, sobbing, bad mood swings, aka at night. As soon as starting like a switch flipped. I could tell exactly bc I’d stop crying or mood would lift immediately. 
Ovulation usually also was a hell of a time for a few days. Burning increased around this time.
As I got lower on my Klonopin taper things evened out hormonal and it wasn’t as extreme. After stepping off lost my period for 7 months. Never have I had a skipped period and was uneventful on time for 25yrs prior to these meds.

its back and a mess again but I am on Mirtazapine so likely being influenced with that unfortunately.

I used the MyFlo app which was helpful to show this is definitely all happening relative to my cycle when I didn’t know earlier on in my taper.

started up the dang app again 😒
I would have been happy going into menopause after all these years.

but have heard women even out and things start to get better so I hope this happens for you soon.

• Love 1

[Id...]
Posted (edited)

Hi @[Rh...], I don’t think this is too much information, it’s simply what happens and we are on an health and support group!

I track almost every waken hour to make sense into symptoms. Yes it’s worse and sometimes I get straight intrusive suicidal thoughts in background the day before. I know it’s a symptom too, so I wait for it to pass.

I think I developed PMDD but I still have to check that too with a doctor. 
There’s a section in benzoinfo about what can happen with hormones in this nice thing we all are here for. 

I can’t search it now but let me know if you don’t find it. 

Have a good day or night 

Edited by [Id...]
  • Love 1