Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Maybe five hours. My sleep has become so different.  I really can't explain it other than I seem to be awake, but when I look at the clock, three or four hours have gone by, so I assume I have been sleeping.

Exactly the same here... Could it be a sign of healing? I think I saw someone saying the same thing in another thread... I hope is a good thing... I went from zero to 1-2 hours , to this strange state that I call “Limbo” where I don’t know if I’m awake or asleep, but when I look the clock 2 hours later I realize that I was sleeping even when It doesn’t feel like sleep at all 😪

Luna, hopefully that is a sign of healing. Something is going on. Today I felt the best I had in a long, long time as far as a "rested feeling." It was all so good.

Tonight could go downhill, but I'm so used to that. It is just how it is.

Hang in there.

Hi, I want to respond to your message. I also was on Xanax for 30 years. I started weaning off of it last November and today is 21 days off of it completely. Thanking God for that. But I having some bad side affects. Like very little sleep, lots of pain from Fibromyalgia. In fact, I went to bed like 1 hour ago and now I am back up. I had restless arms, wide awake. I am so angry at this. In fact, I am wondering if I should  just go back on it. I can’t live like this. Any suggestions Thank you

Iamanovercomer, I was on clonazepam and ambien for almost 20 years. I had tried twice to get off of both drugs and failed. I kept having more and more health issues, sleeping less and definitely "lost in life."  I started crossing the street, on my walks, when someone was walking towards me. Did I find this strange, no, I just didn't want to interact with people, which is even stranger yet, as over the years of walking the neighborhood, I made half dozen friends that I would either meet on the sidewalk or when walking by their homes. Eventually I stopped walking outside and when I went out on my front porch, I would hurry back into my home if a car or person was coming down the street. This all was incredibly odd, but I didn't see it that way.  One night I woke up with extreme dizziness, taken to the ER, nothing was found wrong. I was given a prescription for an anti-anxiety medication, which I did not ever take. The year before I began my final taper, I woke up with absolutely no short term memory. When my husband got up that morning, he found me dressed, sitting in the living room chair, with a cup of coffee. It all seemed pretty normal, except that I kept asking him what day it was over and over again.  He called our daughter who came to the house and decided I should be taken to the ER. She said I asked her what day it was well over 100 times.  The MRI did not reveal anything. In fact all my tests came back normal. I was given a diagnosis of: transient global amnesia and kept overnight for observation and then released to return home the following day, as my memory had finally come back. To this day, I have zero memory of the night before and the following day which included the drive there, being admitted and all the tests I was given. It is like it never happened. My life/health was being destroyed by benzos. Indeed this has been an incredibly difficult journey, tapering off and recovering, but the drugs are what got me here in the first place. Would I ever let a benzo touch my lips again? No, never. I am still struggling with recovery, but my issues wax and wane as time goes on. I can say that I wish I had never taken benzos and had I known the road they would take me down, I would have thrown that first prescription away.  Now I am left with picking up the pieces and trying to move on. I'm doing the best that I can and hope that one day, the person that I used to be, will come back.

AntiBenzo7, we are probably on the most difficult journey of our lives, thus far. I keep thinking, what does it take to get better. So far the answer has not come, except time. I still have that.

Being drug free is always a relief to me, even with the struggle to sleep most nights. I would not go back to being on them no matter what.

Hang in there. Look how far you've come!

Five hours, unbroken. After waking up and going to the bathroom, I can't get back to sleep again. The last couple of nights I started shaking all over. Thankfully last night it stopped after fifteen minutes. But the muscle stiffness and pain prevents me from staying in bed a little longer. I force myself to hold on till around seven. When will a good night sleep come back?  >:(

6 plus hours. I slept three straight hours, woke up and went back to sleep for two more. The 2nd time was more of a challenge getting back to sleep, but I did.

I started taking potassium supplements two days ago to see if it would calm the muscle spasms in my legs/feet and it did.

I’m awake at 1:30 AM every night.  However, 5 hours broken sleep most nights, it’s an improvement from 1-3 hours! 

9 months post ct.

[15...]
About 3 hours a night in half hour lots, woken by adrenaline surges every time i manage to be asleep, until the final horrible toxic wake up around 4am. Hot sweats join the party as well, 2 years of this is killing me, i just dread the night time, it's as though this is the time all my benzo demons come out to play. I honestly don't think I'll ever sleep ok again, no problem with sleep before this poison.

7 hrs w/ vivid dreams. I was so exhausted yesterday from no sleep I was nauseous. I think my body pretty much gave out and forced sleep to survive.

Best night in over half a year! But that brings with it another problem: my muscles are extra tight and painful today ( Fibromyalgia).

7 plus hours. I had napped for 10 mins on the sofa, which typically means I won't sleep when I go to bed, so took two Costco OTC sleeping pills. I slept for 6 hours straight. Then woke up and went back to sleep for at least another hour.

My sleep was like 2 on 2 off. Ugh! The night before I slept really good. This is getting old but glad I am off the Xanax for 1 month.  ;D I have a lot of pain issues from Fibro and arthritis. Then no sleep, then pain  :-[i just keep praying and asking God to help me through each night and give me the strength for the next day. Hope you all have a blessed day and good night’s sleep.

[1e...]