Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning,

I got around 7 hrs of sleep last night.  Would've gotten more if it weren't for being woken up by the sounds of one of our cats getting sick.  As the resident "expert," I volunteered to get out of bed to clean up the mess.  I'm sure the cats appreciate my service.

Good morning,

R&R, your comment about the cat getting sick made me smile. (Sorry!) You were nice to volunteer for cleanup duty. Hope it was just a hair ball and nothing serious. 

7 hours was a good amount of sleep. 

Justintime, thanks for your comment about the outer banks of NC and what it really was like.  Their beach house was in Atlantic Beach. We often sailed to Cape Lookout to "shop" for sea shells and eat a picnic lunch. I loved going there!

You are right about the summertime weather and the hurricanes.  Their boardwalk from the house to the beach was washed away several times.

I believe they had a bug exterminator come, so never saw anything crawling in their place. 

Eventually they sold the house and bought a condo.  It was on the second floor and more than once, water flooded into their living room. 

I do remember the lovely cooling sea breeze at night.  During the day we were sailing on the ocean or going places to shop. Like you said, we were there during the good weather. 

Your sleep sounds like a ramped up version of mine.  I sleep for an hour or so, wake up and sometimes can go back to sleep.  That seems to be getting better, but around 2 or 3 it becomes more difficult to fall asleep again.  Last night I put on a hypnosis sleep talk down for falling back to sleep and it helped.

TS, sorry to hear your body was sore and you could not find a comfortable spot.  The warm shower and breakfast sounds like a great way to start the day. 

Enjoy the visit with your aunt and a friend. 

I slept around 7 hours. Not sure what my plan is for today. 

NG

Good morning,

Hope you slept well.

I slept some 7 hours last night. Around 1 am I woke up and wasn't able to go back to sleep for about an hour. Muscle pain and tiredness from doing too much gardening . But I did sleep well the rest of the night.

Today's Remembrance Day overhere. Tomorrow it's Liberation Day.

TS

Good morning,

Got 7 hours of sleep.  TS, we call Remembrance Day Veterans Day here in the States.  Is Liberation Day only a Dutch holiday?

Good morning all,

R&R you did well with 7 hours. 

I thought that Liberation Day might be like our 4th of July aka Independence Day. 

TS will let us know. 

TS, good to hear you slept better after the 1 am wake up. 

Remembrance Day and Liberation are special times.

My granddaughter has a late start for school, so I will leave before 9 to pick her up. School is a three mile walk from their house, but today it is raining, so    I'll be her driver. 

I slept 7 hours and 20 minutes. I feel fairly rested atm.

NG

Yes, the Outer Banks can be really destructive on people. If you look up YouTube videos of the Outer Banks flooding, you will see cars and houses literally getting washed away into the ocean. Last year Oak Island and Topsail Beach, right below Atlantic beach, there was a whole row of houses on pilings that the waves were literally swallowing whole. About a whole entire quarter mile of beach got washed into the ocean, no more houses left.

And yes the night temperatures feel good during the summer, but the pests are another story. We used to go surfing at night time and we would have bonfires on the beach and make drinks and food and barbecue, and by the time we woke up in the morning we were covered in chigger bites and had noseeum blisters and infections. It's like a more extreme version of chickenpox on your skin, and they will eat you alive so to speak.

And yes then there's the Palmetto bugs, even if your place is completely spotless and you keep your windows and doors closed, they still get into your house through drains. You can't leave bread on the counter, you have to put your cabinet food in Ziploc bags, and you have to put all of your glasses and cups and bowls face down onto a dish mat instead of leaving them face up. And just like Hawaii, you have to put the toothbrush covers on your toothbrush, otherwise they will snack on your toothbrush in the middle of the night.

And yes there's the Hurricanes as well, generally the Outer Banks gets hit worse than anywhere else on the whole entire East coast, even worse than Florida. They had a Discovery Channel special on it one time, one day they are expecting the whole entire outer banks to be demolished the next time there's a category 5. 2 years ago I was there during Hurricane florence, and it was supposed to hit us with a head-on category 5, but we lucked out and it weakened to a category 2 right as it hit.

Anyways, if you can handle 100 plus heat index and all the stuff that comes along with it, it's a pretty Scenic area and it looks nice.

I'm glad you guys are getting sleep, I got about 7 hours last night but then I woke up in a bad wave. I made homemade meatballs and I put panko crumbs in them to hold it together with the eggs, and turns out it had cane sugar and bleached flour and it affected me somehow. And I had some teeth whitening that I just purchased from the dentist, the zoom 30 minute stuff. Turns out it had more than hydrogen peroxide, it had a bunch of synthetic chemicals in it and it threw me into a wave as well. And the other day I got some blueberries and strawberries, and the sugar from those threw me into a wave. Sometimes when you think you're eating organic, you forget that there's other things out there that will still affect you other than your diet, even when you're not taking pills.

Hi,  Glad you slept well NG and RnR.

Liberation Day is the day the Netherlands  celebrate the end of 5 years of German occupation. There's festivals in many cities.  People fly the flag from their homes. There's lots of activities. The celebrations are closed by a free outdoor concert in one of the canals in Amsterdam,  which is televised.

My sleep was a bit odd again. I went to bed at 10 pm because I was really tired. Woke up at 11.30 pm. It took quite some time to fall asleep again.  Woke up minutes before the alarm jumped into action at 7.45 am. So all in all a good night.

Justintime,  I hope your wave is going away again soon!

Have a fine Friday.

TS

Good morning,

Thanks TS for telling us about Liberation Day.  It sounds like a wonderful holiday.  The free concerts sound like a lot of fun. 

Interesting your sleep was odd, so was mine. Good to hear you did fall asleep again.

I slept 4 hours and 42 minutes.  My lack of sleep concerns feeling stressed about things.  Hopefully this will all work out. 

Justintime, thanks for the description of living on the Carolina Outer Banks.  I am glad we lived too far away to invest in beach front property.

Sorry to hear you were in a bad wave. The reaction to the panko bread crumbs was quite awful along with the teeth whitening "chemicals" from the dentist.

I found that as time went on, I could eat foods that I stayed away from during my taper and recovery. 

NG

Good afternoon everyone,

Another weekend will soon be gone.  I've been out working on the vegetable garden soil.  Nothing planted so far.

Last night I slept five hours and ten minutes.  Hopefully tonight I can sleep better.

NG

Good afternoon,

Got 7 hours of sleep.  Had a dream that I got lost in NYC.  Woke up before I could find my way.  My team (the St. Louis Cardinals) snapped their 8-game losing streak today. Yippee!

Good morning,

RnR,  the 7 hours of sleep is fine. Dreams are a funny old thing. Unbelievable what the brain can present to us. Glad you woke up in time. Congrats on your team's success. Now they have to hold on.

NG, 5 hours would have great a few years ago. Nowadays we are spoiled and want more.

I'm sure tonight is going to be better.

Good job in the veggies plot! Preparation is key.

I did lots of work on the lawn last week. It's now recovering from that. That means I get some time off too.

We had a lovely sunny and pleasantly warm weekend. I went for a couple of bike rides and walks. I love this time of year.

My sleep is more or less OK. One bathroom break around 1 am. Some pain and stiffness in the last few hours before getting up.

Have a pleasant Monday.

Trochsetter

i didnt have much sleep..i shut my eyes for 3 hours..feel my brain like buzzing and shuffling with electricity

im also becoming absent minded- if i wanna say dog, my brain will speak internally god

im seeing a lot of images, feeling breathless and brain tension/pain/pressure

it seems my brain is totally damaged, and all neurons are haywired

i have visions (images) suddenly appeared, flashbacks....before i do anything..my brain will flash an image of me doing it..my brain will loop conversation too..like if i see a dirty cup..my brain will replay the conversation of my father asking me to wash the cups.

my brain will also replay all associated memories .

looping sounds

many movement like vision in my mind's eyes

am i a lost cause? why do i have so many symptoms on such low dose? i dont know what else to do.

i was told to just wait it out at home - for recovery or death.

R&R that's great news the Cardinals won their game!! 

Interesting you had a dream about being lost in NY.  I've never been there.  Maybe one day.

TS, the sunny weather and bike rides along with some walks sound quite nice. The fresh air is refreshing. 

Ducktales, you really are suffering. The brain images that flash before you do something is really intriguing.  You have a photographic memory past and future.

I don't know if you can start healing until you are off of the drug. 

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

NG

Hello folks,

NG,  how was last night's sleep  - was it any better?

Ducktales,  so sorry you're going through all this. Things will get better,  just bite into that!

The looping thoughts and sounds are something I can relate to. They would at times go on and on for hours. The images I didn't have that much.

On another board a BB member explained what she through was going on in our minds and bodies. Each and every cell has been affected by the benzos etcetera,  so each and every cell needs to be restored and then reset. Sometimes I could tell the emphasis was more on fysical healing, after a while more on psychological issues. It made a lot of sense to me. Still does.

Jonyob, nice to see you on here. Glad your sleep was fair.

I didn't get much restoring sleep last night. I was unable to relax my body. I did sleep, but was glad to get up when the alarm sounded.

O well, better sleep next time, right?

Everybody have a good day.

TS

Thanks so sorry..I kept repeating

In pain, fear and suffering 24/7

Yes the memory part, I don't forget now, all memories dug out in terms of flashback. Old friends, classmates, childhood memories just come at random on me. My brain is all jumbled.

Good evening,

Ducktales, you are suffering.  LIke TS said, "you will get better."

TS, my sleep last night and the night before were 8 hours two nights ago and 7 hours and 30 minutes last night. 

Hopefully you have better sleep tonight and can relax your body.  There is always another night.

Today I worked outside fixing the planter holder for the kitchen window and then planting flowers in the planter that I will put up in the window tomorrow.

I picked up the rototiller from my daughter in law, so that's next on the list. 

Some days I wonder how I can do everything inside and out.  This isn't how I thought it would be, but here I am. 

I wish everyone restful sleep.

NG

Hello,

NG,  that's fantastic!  A couple of nights with wonderful sleep.  I'm truly happy for you!

My sleep was much better last night than it was the one before that. It was really deep and refreshing. Great!

I'm amazed at all the work you can do! The planter holders sound lovely. I had to look up rototiller. I know the machine, overhere we call it a cultivator. No matter how it's called, both require quite a bit of physical labour.

We had a rainy afternoon and night. The garden seems happy with that.

Today is a day off from gardening. The lawn is recovering nicely after last week's treatment.

Hope you slept well again last night.

Ducktales,  I wish you a day without suffering. That day is drawing nearer by the minute!

Everyone have a lovely Wednesday.

TS

Good morning,

TS, I agree that the word cultivator makes more sense than a rototiller. It seems that rototiller is more of an urban term. My dad, the farmer, would have said, "a what??" ha

Storms are headed this way, so I plan on getting out to do grocery shopping and back before we get any hail. 

Gardens, lawns, and trees do love the rain. 

Glad your sleep did well last night.  Keep it up!

My sleep went away after I slept an hour or so,  and woke up to my husband taking his electric blanket and the controls off of the bed.  I could not get back to sleep after that. Uff

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

NG

Good morning,

It started raining here mid afternoon, yesterday, and is still raining. We do need the moisture.

TS, how do you manage to do everything yourself? I remember you said you had a cleaning lady, so that helps.  I had one until her husband died and she moved

Wisconsin to be with her aging parents.  After that, I decided I could clean myself, plus I didn't look forward to finding another one. 

When I thought about all of the people who are in the same situation, I decided to stop stressing and be glad I can do what I do.

Last night I slept 7 hours and 27 minutes.  I feel quite okay this morning. 

Enjoy your Thursday.

NG

Good morning,

Got 6.5 hrs last night.  Overcast skies and light rain today.  I continue working on family trees, having grown my own family's to 4,500 people.  I add a lot of sources, like census records and birth, marriage, and death records.  Also, have many pictures.  I have to take frequent breaks on account of my eyesight.  Too long and I get headaches.

My baseball team took a pounding from the Cubs last night.  Oh, well, it's on to Boston, so maybe we'll win some there.

Hi,

RnR,  that's truly amazing finding so many people that were or are related to you! Search any further and we're related too!

Wise of you to take breaks from time to time. It does stress the eyes and brain. I know!

Your sleep was good.

NG,  Congrats on your wonderful sleep.  So glad you're feeling well this morning.

Did some more gardening yesterday.  I feel I'm getting used to doing more and for longer. I've always loved to be out in the garden doing stuff. And reap the rewards later. Sitting back and simply enjoy!

You're so very right about many people being in the same situation or even worse. Stressing doesn't make it go away, so we should be  thankful we're still able to do what we do!

My cleaning lady came in yesterday. For the next month she's not coming because she has to have surgery on one of her hands.

Oh well  I think I 'll survive.

This afternoon quite a few neighbours are coming over for my birthday which is tomorrow May 13th. Tomorrow my siblings, their kids and a cousin and his wife are visiting. It took a lot of preperation but I 'm ready for it. :laugh:

My sleep was OK until 5.30 am. Couldn't sleep after that. Still I'm feeling fine.

Have a nice Friday.

Trochsetter

Good morning.

R&R, that's a lot of relatives!  Put them all together and you have a nice size town.  How far back have you been able to go? 

Wishing the Cardinals a good win against Boston.

TS, Happy Birthday! Enjoy your celebrations with friends and family.  Wishing you many more wonderful birthdays!

You will manage without your cleaning lady for a month.  Hope her recovery goes well. 

Your sleep was a little light as was R&R's. Mine was too, as I slept a little over 4 hours.  During the night I felt unwell. My stomach was bothering me.

For the last few months I've had indigestion, but this was just an all over feeling.  I took a spoonful of antacid. Eventually the unwell feeling stopped and I drifted off to sleep for a bit.  Hopefully I am not getting an ulcer. 

We have had non stop rain since Wednesday evening.  Our 400 gallon fish pond was drained last weekend and is now full again from all the rain.  The lawns and trees are incredibly green!

Happy Friday.

NG

Good morning,

I got a little over 7 hours last night.  NG, about my tree, I'm able to trace back to the year 1030 on my father's side (22nd great grandfather) and to 1537 (9th great grandfather) on my mother's side.  My father's tree begins in Alsace, France (now part of Germany) and quickly shifts to England.  My mother's side begins in Wuerttemberg, Germany near Stuttgart.  Genealogy is a wonderful distraction during my taper.

Wishing good sleep for all.

Good morning,

RnR,  like I said, dig a little further and we're related!  Wonderful how much you were able to dig!

NG,  thanks for your well wishes. Yesterday's party was really pleasant! Lovely weather and nice people, what more can a person wish for? Well, a lot actually, but that's another matter all together...

Sorry you're having indigestion.  Hope the meds can cure it.

I turned 68 today. Wow! Where have all those years gone?

Part 2 of the celebrations takes place this afternoon. Here we go!  Looking forward to it. ( first time in a few years I can say that...) must be a sign of further recovery.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Trochsetter

Good morning,

R&R that is an impressive lineage. 1030 is amazing. Actually so is 1537! You have done a wonderful job of researching your family history.

Not only is genealogy a distraction, it is a major accomplishment.

7 hours of sleep sounds nice.  I had a little over 5 hours.  Not so good, but better than yesterday.  My stomach was bothering me, so that didn't help with sleep. 

TS,  you are still young! Isn't 60s the new 40s? 

Your birthday celebration sounded so enjoyable.  I can almost hear the laughter coming across the pond, as you spend time with family, this afternoon. 

My Saturday has been good, so far!

NG

[91...]