Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello,

NG,  Glad your sleep was OK.  We just have to take it the way it comes, not much we can do about it. Hope for improvement keeps us going.

My sleep was good last night. I woke up around 6 am for a bathroom visit. Did some light and nice sleeping until just before the alarm sounded.

Took the car to the workshop for its annual check-up. Got a car to use for the day.

Saw my aunt 5his morning. First time in 3 weeks. She's had pneumonia. After taking antibiotics  the pneumonia has gone, but she is extremely tired atm. Not sure she's going to pull through. Almost 98, so what can you do?

Going to listen to (parts of) the Mattheus Passion today.

Have a Good Friday.

TS

Greetings,

Got 7 - 7.5 hrs of sleep the last couple nights.  I've been taking more breaks from the computer as it's harder on my eyes with the cataract and all.  Have a great day!

Good afternoon,

R&R it is good to see you back.  It is good to take a break and rest your eyes. 7-7.5 hrs of sleep is good.  I wish you many more of those. 

Getting a car loaner when your car is in the shop sounds nice.  That is not done here anymore.

So sorry to hear your aunt has pneumonia. It is good she responded to the antibiotics.

The older we get the longer it takes to recover it seems. Having pneumonia at 98 does take a lot out of a person.  I wish her well. 

Enjoy listening to the Mattheus Passion.

NG

Hello,

RnR,  happy to see your sleep is fine. That's great. I know what you mean , having eye issues myself. Glad you returned to BB.

NG,  I could tell my aunt was in worse shape than last time I saw her. She's so tired and can barely keep her eyes open. She was really glad I popped in though.

My sleep was good for the first hours. But then I started to have an awful dream I just couldn't get out of. An hour or so before getting up my stomach started to hurt. I felt a bit nauseated as well. Ugh. While having a shower I felt better again. Breakfast tasted wonderful like always.

Enjoy your Easter weekend!

TS

Nightengale,

Can you tell me more about how/how often and dosage of hydroxyzine you take? I agree, it's nice that it's not a Z or Benzo,. I've taken it  a few times and wondered what your experience is- considering its 20-30 hr. half life.

Thanks

Good evening,

LesliVi, I will be happy to tell you about the hydroxyzine that I take now and then. It is nice that it is not a Z drug of a benzo.  It is easy to stop taking, even though I have this fear in the back of my mind that I will suffer when I stop like I did with benzos, but I don't.

My dermatologist prescribed it for me when I had an allergic reaction.  She added that I can also take it for sleep, as I told her of my benzo history.

She said to take two 25 mgs at bedtime. I slept so very well the first time I took them. It does make me a little groggy the following day and I noticed I have something like dementia/brain fog until it wears off. The brain fog/dementia goes away by the second day after I stop taking it. I still function fairly well after I take it. I even did our income taxes the day after taking hydroxyzine the night before.

I typically take it for one or two nights, but when we travel to visit my mother, I will take it until we come home again.  I feel like it does not work as well after the 3rd or 4th night.

I can handle a night or two of not sleeping well, but when I feel like I am too stressed to sleep or cannot go to sleep, I know I can take a hydroxyzine and go to sleep. 

Thanks for sharing the half life of this medication. I could tell it was still in my system the second night after stopping, but the strength was wearing off. 

NG 

TS, the dream sounded stressful. The shower and breakfast did help to make for a better morning.

Hopefully your dreams are better tonight. 

I slept around 7 hours. 

Happy Easter!

NG

Good morning,

I hope you all had a good night's sleep.

The past 2 nights my sleep was good. Just over 7 hours of undisturbed sleep.  After waking up around 6.30 am my stomach started to hurt a bit, but as soon as I've had breakfast it's gone. I don't have stomach pain for the rest of the day. It's got something to do with a sphincter. 

We're having a second Easter day on Monday.  Folks tend to flock to all kind of places to spend their money on their day off. I'm not one of them. But I am going for coffee to my sister's this morning.

Have a marvellous Monday.

Trochsetter

Hi,

TS, your seven plus hours of sleep sounded nice.  Your stomach pain was not good.  At least after breakfast it goes away.

We don't have a 2nd Easter day off here. 

I am glad you went to your sister. Coffee sounds nice. 

Easter was nice and the weather was lovely. 

I slept 7 hours and 42 minutes. 

NG

Hi,

NG, the wonderful sleep and  lovely weather must have lifted your mood a lot. I do hope so anyway.

My sleep was good again. The last hour or so I did a lot of tossing and turning. It was caused by yesterday's gardening, I guess.

But, all for the good cause, right? The garden is starting to look nice again. What a bit of warm sunshine, rain and TLC can do.

Wishing us a pleasant Tuesday.

TS

Good evening,

The lovely weather is still upon us.  I put the front window screens on that I took down last winter to keep the squirrels out of a bird feeder.  I had the feeder in the in front of the picture window for years and squirrels didn't bother it until this winter. The squirrels could still leap to soaring heights to reach the feeder, so I took it down.

Spring is in the air!

TS that is good to hear your sleep is back.  The tossing and turning because of gardening is definitely worth it.  At least to a point.  Know when to stop and give your body a rest. 

I slept 8 hours last night.  It was good sleep.

NG

Good day,

NG,  Spring is such a wonderful season. It's my favourite time of the year.. Hope you enjoy it!

Wow, 8 hours is fantastic! 

My sleep wasn't much good last night. Over half of the time I had pain "all over". Hardly did any gardening yesterday,  but we did get really bad weather last night. Rain, wind and lower temps. I suppose my Fibromyalgia could sense it coming. It does quite often.

Anyway,  a hot shower and delicious breakfast did their job once more.

Hope you slept well again.

Have a nice Wednesday.

TS

Good afternoon,

TS, you and I are holding down the fort.  I trust the others will stop by soon. 

That is too bad about the pain you had last night.  Hopefully today was a better day. 

It has been warm and sunny here.  I only went out to put fresh water in the two bird baths we have.  After that we went to lunch with our long time neighbors.

I slept 6 and a half hours last night. 

Sleep well,

NG

Good morning NG,

Yep, the last two standing. But RnR,  AB and the others will be back to share thi gs.

The lunch sounds really nice. I hope you all enjoyed the get-together.

Wish we could have your weather. I guess I 'd be outside all day long.

It's not too bad overhere, but still a bit unsettled. Things are expected to get better over the weekend.

Let's wait and hope for the best. Afterall, it is weather. Nothing can change more than weather and people...

Your sleep was OK,  albeit it a tad short. Mine was some 7 hours. I did have an unpleasant dream again though, but the alarm saved me.

Wishing you a super Thursday.

TS

Good evening,

TS the seven hours wasn't bad, though the unpleasant dream was.

Hopefully you have sweet dreams tonight. 

Our weather is still quite nice with temps in the 70s and sunshine throughout the day.  I was out and about filling bird feeders and bird baths.  The birds get better care than I do.

Ran some errands and did some laundry.  Now I am icing my knees which I do most every day.  They feel good after I do that. 

Tomorrow we are to get rain and snow with much cooler temps.  We do need the moisture. 

I slept 7hours and 15 minutes, which was nice.  I actually went right back to sleep each time.  It is such a lovely feeling.     

Sleep well everyone. 

NG

Hello NG,

Congrats on your good sleep!  Yes, going back to sleep quickly is a super feeling.

Glad your knee pain goes away after icing.

Our weather is improving a lot. Warmer and sunnier. No rain.

My sleep was good. Some 7 hours with just one bathroom break at around 2 am. Woke up again at 7 am. Not much pain.

I hope your sleep was good again and your Friday will be a pleasant one.

TS

Good afternoon,

TS, the 7 hours of sleep was wonderful with only one bathroom break! Even better that you didn't have much pain when you woke up. 

I slept 5 hours and 47 minutes. Not a crash and burn night, but close  My deep sleep was only 5 minutes.  I can usually tell when the deep sleep goes way down.  REM was 27 minutes. 

It has been raining and snowing off and on throughout the day.  Tomorrow is to be more of the same. 

Sleep well.

NG

Hi NG,

Sorry your night was bad. Those things can happen,  mostly out of the blue. Times were when you and I would have been over the moon after a 5 hour night. How things have changed over the years, right?

Anyway,  let's hope this night was better.

My sleep was very good. 7,5 hours with just the one bathroom break.  Felt rested upon waking up at 7 am.

Our weather was fine yesterday.  Sunny with nice temps. We seem to be in for a spell of better Spring weather. Bring it on!

Have a lovely Saturday.

TS

NG,

I guess I shouldn't stress about taking hydroxyzine....if I limit it to no more than 2 days a week. I also probably don't take enough- Last time I took 20 mg after 3 consecutive nights with no sleep- thinking it would knock me out (I should have been so tired by then). But it lasted about 4 hours and I had to take another 10 mg to get another 3 hours total of sleep. Trying to limit the dosage because of the grogginess that lasts almost the entire next day. My regular doc told me it was really the only drug I should take and to stay away from Ambien- even if I only take it once or twice a week. Have to get used to being OK with a night or two with no sleep. This is my only WD symptom now-no more panic or anxiety- just this. I will be continuing my taper at least another 4 months. Slower now as I get to the end.

Leslie, when you take 10 more mgs at night after taking the 20 mgs, what time do you take it? 

Also does your doctor not want you to take more than 20 or 30 mgs per night?

The 50mgs I take wears off fairly well by morning.  I take it at 9 and get up at 7. After a cup of coffee I feel quite awake. 

I agree with your regular doctor concerning not taking Ambien. 

A slow taper is good.

NG

TS,

Things do change as time goes by.  I would have been over the moon with five hours of sleep. I am happy for any sleep I get without benzos in my system.

7.5 hours is quite good with only one bathroom break.

Your weather sounds nice.  It was nice here today after rain and snow yesterday, so ours is improving, too. 

Spring can come and stay anytime!

NG

I'm glad you guys are getting good sleep, sounds like you're almost to that 8 hour mark or possibly even getting what your body needs naturally already, I don't think we need a perfect 8 hours to feel 100% rested. I think that 8-hour thing was embedded in our heads from Medical doctors, but most likely anything from 6 hours until 10 hours is perfectly fine.

My sleep has been broken a little bit again, but in a strange way this time. First it flipped back to nocturnal again, so I'm only up at night and in the early morning. And then after it flipped to nocturnal, I started sleeping 7 hours on the first go, and then about another hour later on around midnight.

I've tried everything over the last couple years, and no matter what I keep going back to 100% nocturnal.

Hello,

Justintime,

That's quite peculiar.  I can't imagine what it must be like. I hope your proper sleep  may return soon. Nice to see you here again btw.

NG,  enjoy your weather. We're on the way to better weather,  a small but stubborn area of low pressure doesn't seem to agree with that. Patience is a good thing, or so they say.

My sleep wasn't very good last night. I woke up to go to the bathroom at 2 am. I felt absolutely sure I had slept at least 7 hours. Afterwards I did sleep again, but only just. Lots of stupid dreams. Glad I could get up at 7,45 am.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Trochsetter

Good morning.

Nice to see you again Juntintime. Your nocturnal sleep habits are puzzling.  You would do well on a night shift. 

People who do sleep at night with no problems do intrigue me. 

TS, sounds like you did get some sleep along with some dreams you didn't appreciate.  Thankfully morning did come along. 

Your weather sounds nice.  Ours has improved, also. 

I slept somewhat okay until a little after 3. Then it was briefly falling asleep and waking back up again.  My fitbit said I slept 5 hrs and 52 minutes.

My eyes and body don't appear to agree. ha

Enjoy your Sunday.

NG

Greetings,

Got 7.5 hrs last night.  Last night we had gusty winds, rain, and tornado warnings.  We happen to live in an area where tornados miss us to our south, thankfully.  We heard sirens go off and our cell phones were making lots of noise from the warnings sent to them.  Now it's time to give my eyes a rest...

[3c...]