Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning,

I hope you all slept well.

RnR,  get better soon!

My sleep was good. First part was 6 hours nonstop. The last part was more or less OK.

Have a fine Friday.

TS

I'm glad you got decent sleep, I slept about an hour and woke up and I've been up since. It seems that every single day is completely different now for me, some days I get 8 hours straight, sometimes I only get a couple hours and then have a really bad next day. I cut out sugar a few weeks ago thinking maybe that had something to do with it, but apparently not.

Sugar was the last thing I wanted to test, because I know that it causes waves sometimes. So I decided to get rid of unnecessary Breads and carbs, and cut out the fruit because I was eating way too many fruits and grapes and melons and high sugar content foods. It definitely helped and I feel better overall, but I don't think it was actually affecting my sleep much.

I've also been trying to exercise earlier in the evening, instead of close to bedtime. Not that I actually have a bedtime, but you know what I mean. I've been exercising earlier on and thinking maybe the lack of adrenaline will cause me to sleep better, and it does. I'm able to fall asleep easier when I exercise a lot earlier, I think it takes some of the mental and physical frustration of actually getting into a deep sleep away.

When I exercise a lot the day before, I usually wake up with some pretty bad waves in the morning. But it also helps me sleep better throughout the night, so I get more of a refreshing sleep. It's like a catch 22, because if I don't exercise and I don't have waves in the morning, then I don't sleep good at night. So I have to pick and choose, sleep or no morning waves.

has anyone encountered strange like ocd sxs where you have to rearrange yr sheets  to get comfortable? like I go to the toilet and can't  get confortable it starts again ugh

bonty, when it comes to my bed and checking to make sure the doors are locked before bedtime, I am ocd. 

Until now, I thought I wanted to be comfortable when I went to sleep and checking the doors were for safety. 

No problems with the toilet.

Hopefully this too shall pass for you. 

NG

JustInTime,

I understand what you are saying about what wealth has to offer.  Definitely a lot of freedom and choices.

Airports can be daunting.  I have to be watchful getting my husband through the check points/tsa. He used to be more argumentative, but as the Alzheimer's progresses, he is not.  Once I ran half way across DIA to mail a pocket knife he left in his pocket.  A couple of years ago he lost it in our yard. 

There are worse stories to tell, but that's all for now. ha

Enjoy those crab you buy at the Farmer's Market! I do love the seafood by the coast.

The wild fire smoke is terrible.  Denver had that for a week blowing down from Canada, then the rains came.  We had to be careful going outside. The sun was red, but the smokey sky was never orange. I feel for the people who are getting all of the smoke.

I never tried marijuana until two years ago my daughter in law's sister suggested I try some chocolates from a marijuana dispensary.  I bought a little box of six pieces for around $20. The chocolate was delicious. I felt a nothing  after I ate 1/4th piece. The next night I ate a half piece and felt a little relaxed that lasted maybe an hour.  Possibly two or three pieces would have put me to sleep, but I was not willing to spend that amount of money to find out. 

Smoke bothers my lungs to the point I feel like I cannot breathe so vaping is out. 

TS, the six hours of non stop was great!

Mine was a little over 7 hours. It is still broken sleep, but it is so refreshing to sleep without drugs. 

R&R, hopefully you are over the cold and sinusitis.  You are doing well with your sleep!

NG

Good morning,

Justintime  thank you for describing the sleep issues in such detail. I can see the dilemmas you're  faced with. What is wise, right?

Cutting out added sugars is always a wise thing to do. Reducing the intake of fruit is too. I shouldn't stop taking fruit completely though. The RDI overhere is 200 grams a day. Vegetables is 250 grams.

Exercising earlier in the evening is a good thing. Your body gets fired up and hasn't had time to destress when you exercise later in the evening. Exercising first thing in the morning ( before breakfast) might be better still.

Hopefully your sleep is going to be normal again eventually.

Bonty,  i feel most (all?) people have OCD to a degree. When we , the benzo victims, were tapering and recovering, we held on to certain things that seemed to help at times. It's a kind of superstition, like athletes have before a game, imo. As long as it doesn't bother you too much, I wouldn't worry about it.  We can change these behaviours you know,  we are that strong mentally!

NG,  Glad your sleep was that good. Broken or not, you felt refreshed  after that!  Such a fantastic feeling!

My sleep was good for most of the time. The last few hours I had pain " all over". Got up at 7.30. The long warm shower and hot oatmeal porridge set me off to a good start of another warm and sunny day.

Have a super Saturday.

Trochsetter

Good morning all,

I will write early as today my daughter in law is having a 50th birthday party for my son.  I hope he enjoys his 50s as much as I did.  Time flies.

JustInTime, I agree exercising late is not good.  Earlier is better.  As for fruit, some have more sugar than others, but they are complex sugars, not simple, which takes longer to digest.  Moderation is best. 

As TS suggested, mornings are the best time to get moving. 

TS, sorry to hear about your all over pain. The long warm shower and good breakfast was a plus.  I also eat oatmeal most every morning with some blueberries and raspberries on top.  It is one of my favorite morning meals. 

My fitbit says 4 hours and 31 minutes.  I stayed up a little past my bedtime to watch the Denver Nuggets pro basketball team win, then had trouble falling asleep.  It was worth it. 

Have a wonderful Saturday.

NG

I've always heard the same about fruits, but I started to doubt it recently. They say all of the fibers and the pulp is what causes the sugar to be absorbed slowly into the body, so it's not the same as added sugars. But if that's the case, then I don't know why I would get waves when I eat high sugar fruits. For example, if I eat lots of watermelon or lots of cantaloupe, my ears start ringing and sometimes I get increased anxiety and waves. But if I don't eat sugar, I don't have any problems.

And as for added sugars, I know that's a huge no. I was eating lots of chocolate and muffins and bagels and all kinds of carbs and added sugars at the beginning of this process, and couldn't figure out why I was feeling so bad. It wasn't until I went a couple months without eating anything bad, and then accidentally slipped up and had sugar, that I noticed how bad the waves get.

So then after that ordeal, I started eating all organic stuff from the market. But regardless, I would still get waves. I couldn't figure out what was causing the waves and the anxiety and the sweaty palms and the ringing ears, so I eliminated fruit altogether. I've only been eating meat and vegetables, and I'm still getting all my nutrients regardless. But last week I tried some blueberries for the first time in about a month, and even with Organic blueberries from the market, I started getting anxiety and my ears started ringing.

Now I'm convinced that even if the body absorbs the complex sugars from organic fruits differently than added sugars, it's still causing problems with benzo withdrawal regardless, so maybe it's not that healthy. Maybe fruit was only meant to be eaten in emergencies when we're out in the summertime and dehydrating and sweating. I'm assuming there's a reason that fruit only grows in the summertime and in certain locations, most likely not so that we eat melons all day long throughout the year.

Strange how benzo withdrawal teaches us almost everything we need to know. It shows us what our bodies like, and what our bodies don't like. Sleep, foods, exercise, priorities in life, Etc

Good morning,

Got 7 hours of sleep followed by a 1-hr nap.  Rain today -- our drought has ended.  This means I'll need to cut the grass soon.  Hope y'all are getting good sleep..

Good afternoon everyone.

JustInTime, I only eat fruit for breakfast, but my symptoms are similar to yours. 

When I run out of blueberries and raspberries, I'll try going without for a week and see how I feel.  Hopefully a week is long enough.

R&R, 7 hours is great, plus the hour nap. 

Good news that your drought has ended. I hope ours isn't starting, yet.

TS, well said about hanging onto things that help us. 

I am not sure if there are nutrients in fruits that are not in vegetables.  I'll have to look at what I eat and compare sometime.

Hope your all over pain was gone today. 

I have low back pain that started on Thursday when I helped our son get ready for his birthday party, yesterday. 

The pain has gotten worse, so I tried heat and now ice to see if either one of those help. 

I've so much to do with trimming the lawn sprinkler heads in the yard today or tomorrow.  The new trimmer I bought is easier to use that the other one I had, but it is heavier. Hopefully it rains a lot today, so I don't have to trim for a few more days.

Last night I slept a little over 7 hours.  I feel sleepy and groggy today for some reason.

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Hello folks,

I'm happy to see some of you slept wel.

My sleep was OK too. A little abominabel pain and nausea around waking up time. Both stopped after I got up.

The other pain is gone too.

It's been a warm and sunny day. Took a short walk around 11 am, but it wasn't very nice because of the heat. Relaxed for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

TS

Hello there,

Sleep was good last night.  Some 7 hours. I was awakened by the alarm. No idea what time or what day it was. Must have still been in deep sleep.

Enjoy your day.

TS

Good morning,

TS, you must have been sleeping well to not know the time or day.  Deep sleep is good. 

How are your feet doing?  Sorry about the abdominal pain and nausea.  Hopefully it goes away and stays away. 

I slept 5 hours last night.  Not sure what is going on.  I did not eat any fruit yesterday, only because on Sunday, I have eggs, sausage and toast. 

My lower back pain seems a little better this morning. I iced it yesterday and last evening, and also took some Aleve, which is an anti inflammatory. I also did some stretching exercises. I'm going to take a break from doing outside yard work. It's raining again, so Mother Nature can take over.  Hopefully this goes away.

NG

Good day,

RnR,  thanks. I'm taking a leaf from your book. You're probably the best sleeper on average.

NG,  Sorry your back is still giving you trouble.  Taking a break from gardening and having a rest is likely going to help. Together with the icing and stretching there’s not much more you can do. It's going to get better I 'm sure. Enjoy the rainy day!

Sorry your sleep is a bit strange right now. I found there’s no reason for things like that most of the time. Just go with the flow.

My abominabel issues were gone the next day. My feet are still the same: painful while walking. But I 've learned to live with that.

How was your son's birthday party?

Another warm and sunny day. My Fibromyalgia loves it. I feel much better in warmer weather.

Have a lovely day.

TS

Good day everyone,

The Denver Nuggets won the NBA Championship for the first time ever!!  It was exciting!

Our son invited us over each time they played to enjoy dinner and watch the game.  Our daughter in law is a nurse and worked some days during the play offs. She would arrive home the last hour of the game, so she could eat dinner and watch the end.

TS, I am glad your stomach issues were gone the next day.  Do you think the painful feet will ever get better? I admire you for taking it all in stride. 

The birthday party was a fun time. The predicted rain held off until later that evening, so that was a big plus!

I am never quite sure how it will go with my husband.  He makes constant humming noises and it concerns me that people will be uncomfortable with what is going on, but  they seem to take it in stride.  I so appreciate their understanding. 

Last night after the game was over with and we drove home, I wondered how I would sleep.  The left over birthday party food was delicious and I ended up eating two small chocolate cupcakes with a mountain of cream cheese frosting. I fell asleep about 30-40 minutes after I went to bed and woke up only twice and went right back to sleep both times sleeping almost 8 hours.

Live is amazing and also a puzzle!

NG

Hi there,

NG,  Eureka ! Chocolate muffins are the answer. Lol. Just like so many others things you tried over the years. But I 'm happy you slept well. Nice to hear the birthday party was so nice.

The situation with your husband is a daily worry. Like I said before, I admire how you are handling that. So nice to see the way people are acting upon that.

I slept some 6 hours last night. I woke up at 6 am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and went for a walk. Nice and cool after another warm day.

Today someone is coming round to install a new motor for my garage door. Tbe old one died after 24 years.

Yesterday I bought a new car.  This is my first EV. Delivery time 6 to 8 months. Oh well. Something to look forward to.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

TS

Good morning,

NG, I'm glad your basketball team, the Denver Nuggets, won the championship.  St. Louis doesn't have a team, but I'll cheer on the Nuggets for you.

I got a hair under 7.5 hours last night.  Hey, yesterday I noticed that AB was logged on.  Maybe he'll post something and bring us up to date on his doings.

Good morning everyone,

R&R, sorry to hear St. Louis does not have a NBA team.  We didn't for many years. 

Thanks for cheering the Nuggets on!

Good to year you slept well.  I wish you many more sleep filled nights.

I have also noticed AB is on and keep hoping he stops in.  This topic is his creation and a good one, too!

TS, the chocolate cupcakes were amazing.  I never eat chocolate in the evening because I thought it would keep me awake.  Not so!

Sorry to hear you only slept six hours. The early walk sounds nice.  I used to do that and loved the early morning beautiful sunrises. 

Your old garage door opener did last a good long time! Enjoy the new one. 

Congratulations on the new EV car purchase!  Six to eight months is quite some time, but it will be here before you know it. 

I've contemplated buying an EV, but when we drive to Iowa, it would make the trip longer to stop to re-charge the battery, twice. The drive across Nebraska is long and can be remote in places, so until longer life batteries are invented, EV's are not an option. If I only did mostly city driving, it would be fine.

Last night I slept a little over 7 hours.  I still rarely feel refreshed, but am hoping eventually I will. 

Sleep well,

NG

Hi everyone at BB,

Today is a special day for me. Exactly 2 years ago I ended my 2,5 year long taper of Diazepam!  Yesyesyes!  :D :D :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I feel I 'm still improving little by little. 

Those two years have flown  by.

I think I 'm going to treat myself to some lovely ice-cream!  Cheers!

Trochsetter.

TS, congratulations, my friend!

What a journey this has been! Look how far you have come. 

I am happy for you.

Good to know you are celebrating with some ice cream..Yumm!

NG

Dear Nightengale,,

Thank you for being a wonderful buddy during my taper and after that. Together we soldiered on no matter what!

Your wise words and lovely sense of humor have been and continue to be very important to me!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Trochsetter.

Good morning TS,

You are welcome! You made it easy to walk along with you on this journey. We came out of such a terrible place and made it.  When someone puts out a hand, the feeling it gives to the one who needs it, is unforgettable.  The road runs both ways you know.  :smitten:

We reached bottom and then climbed back up. It's more fun to be heading towards the top. We never gave up hope, did we?

Last night I slept 7 hours and 30 minutes.  My deep sleep was only 37 minutes.  I think that if the deep went up, I would feel more rested. 

Hopefully, it will improve when I start sleeping for longer periods throughout the night. 

NG

Hi NG, RnR,  and TS. I know I have been MIA, but I still come here daily to read a little. I just have not been actively posting. I hope all you guys have been doing well.

7 hours and 30 minutes of sleep.....fantastic NG.  :thumbsup:

Welcome back AB, you have been missed. 

How are you? How is your mother doing?

I have been sleeping better, even without an occasional hydroxyzine. 

Take care and don't be a stranger.

NG

[46...]