Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi,

Thanks NG,  absolutely true everything you said.

My sleep was so so. Not much in  the way of deep sleep. I woke up around 5 am again. It took quite a while to get back to sleep.

Went for a bike ride. It was too warm to be honest, but hey, I shouldn't complain.

Had a nephew visit me for a chat and coffee. He lived in Florida and California for a few years to become a pilot. Sadly he didn't get to become one after that.

Have a pleasant Thursday.

TS

Good morning,

Sleep was reasonable. Got up around 7am. The gardeners are coming at 7.30 am. Another warm summer day. Like it.

Enjoy this Friday

TS

Good morning,

TS, I have never had gardeners so look forward to hearing how things went with yours.

The early bike ride sounds nice.  The heat not so much.

How nice your nephew visited you. I am sorry it did not work out for him to become a pilot.  What is he doing now?  He lived in two interesting places while studying to become a pilot. 

My sleep was off last night. My fitbit shows I slept a little over five hours. 

Perhaps when I fall back on hydroxyzine now and then, it causes more sleep problems, so I am going to be strong and not take any for now.  It's been two weeks or so since I took the last dose.  I want to see if my broken sleep improves or goes away. 

it is frustrating to still have broken sleep and ringing in my ears after all this time off of benzos. 

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

NG

Good morning,

Got 7 hrs plus a 1-hr nap.  AB, good to see you around.  I don't feel rested yet despite the decent sleep.  I woke up congested.  Must be something in the air.

Hello,

RnR,  the amount of sleep you get is great, but not feeling rested is a bit of a bummer. That 'something in the air' could very well be pollen. The pollen count is at an all-time right now, so who knows. I for one have dry eyes and a congested nose atm. Get wel soon.

NG,  my gardeners are two young guys from a small company led by ...a lawyer.  He is fully qualified but didn't like the desk job life. He and his boy friend run a succesful gardening business instead. Funny, right?

The 2 guys always do a perfect job. I tell them what I want done and they do it. I'm more than happy to pay for their work. Today they did quite a bit of pruning, mostly shrubs.

The daily things that need doing in the garden I do myself. Wasn't able to do that in over 5 years, but luckely I can do that again. I'm really grateful for that.

Sorry your sleep was off again.  I'm fairly certain the time of year has to do with that. Let's hope better sleep return soon.

The occasional taking of hydroxyzine possible messes with your deep sleep. I get your frustration with broken sleep. "This too shall pass "

Have a lovely day.

TS

Good afternoon from swampy Colorado.

The rain keeps coming. I love that everything is so green and the flowers are beautiful.  My roses that died off last winter are coming back. The blooms show that the lovely hybrids are still there. Sometimes when the roses die back, the hybrid is gone and what is left is a wild rose. 

I took a couple of botany classes for my college biology minor, but didn't learn anything beyond the cellular level, so I don't have the information about grafting that I wish I had been able learn about.

R&R, there probably is a lot of stuff in the air. Pollen from what is growing out there and perhaps some smoke coming down from the Canada wild fires.  I hope you feel better soon. 

TS, your gardeners sound great! An interesting story about a lawyer turned gardener. it is funny! It is great they can do what you ask them to do.  I agree that we are more willing to pay people to do things that we used to do ourselves. 

I am so glad you are back to doing the daily things in your garden. Gardening can be refreshing and rewarding. 

You may have a good point about the hydroxyzine messing with my deep sleep.  I'll keep not taking it and see what happens. 

Hopefully this broken sleep will pass.

Sleep well,

NG

Hello

NG,  you have it wet atm  while overhere it's as dry as a bone. We haven't had a single drop of rain ( literally!) since May 14th.

Rain is predicted for next Tuesday,

My sleep was great last night!  Over 7 hours of undisturbed sleep,  Wow.

Went for a longer bike ride this afternoon.  Lovely!

The lawyer turned gardener never practiced law. Straight from law school into the gardening business.

Have a lovely weekend.

TS

Good afternoon,

My ball team is not doing so well.  Today I went outside to take a look at the grass in our backyard.  I had been thinking it was time to cut it, but realized upon inspection that there's hardly any grass back there.  Just a bunch of low-lying weeds.

Speaking of gardening, we're growing some hydroponic plants indoors.  They grow in water instead of soil.  In a few weeks we should have dwarf tomatoes, kale, and thyme, among others.

Got 7.5 hrs of sleep.  Hope everyone's having a good day.

Good Sunday morning,

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there.  I wish you all a lovely day. 

R&R, the hydroponic garden sounds nice.  Our son has one and grows herbs all year long.  Your tomato, kale, and thyme sounds good. 

Too bad about the ball team not doing well.  Next year might be their time to shine. 

7.5 hours of sleep is great. Keep it up.

TS,

It is dry there! Uff. Hopefully the rain coming your way on Tuesday gives you some much needed moisture.

Congratulations on the 7 hours of undisturbed sleep!

The longer bike ride sounds so very nice. 

The lawyer turned gardener did waste a lot of good money going to law school.  The importance of finding happiness for outweighs the cost of doing something that he has decided is not for him. 

Last night I slept 7.5 hours. The first three hours I did not wake up! I was happy over that. Typically I wake up after an hour then I may or may not go right back to sleep.  I wondered what brought the three hours of straight sleep on then thought about the golf ball size scoop of ice cream we ate an hour before bed. 

I used to eat ice cream before bed the first year or two after I finished my taper off of clonazepam.  I gained some weight, so decided the ice cream had to go. 

Best not to go that route and hope the broken sleep goes away.  This summer I plan on enjoying a scoop of ice cream now and then. 

This morning I saw a very young rabbit in the back yard.  We have never had rabbits before.  I may have to buy netting for the lettuce and other garden plants if  rabbits are coming around. 

Have a wonderful Sunday!

NG

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My sleep wasn't all that great last night. It was a sticky night, with even a little rain. First rain in almost 5 weeks. Lots of tossing and turning. Woke up around 5.30 am.

Today it's windy and overcast. Possibly some thunder storms this afternoon, The kind of weather that gives me a headache. Oh well.

My cleaning lady returns after 5 weeks. She's had surgery on her right wrist. Carpal tunnel syndrome.  Glad she's back.  Not that the house is a mess, but it does need a good cleaning.

Have a lovely Monday.

TS

Good morning,

My ball team is on a winning streak of two.  Woke up a short time ago and was surprised that I had slept for 8.5 hrs.

Good morning,

R&R that is great news your team is on a winning streak!  8.5 hours of sleep is amazing.  I wish you many more of those nights.

TS, Sorry to hear your sleep wasn't all that good last night.  The rain was nice, except for the stickiness.

Hopefully the headache goes away soon. 

I am glad your cleaning lady has recovered from her carpal tunnel surgery.  A good house cleaning is always nice. 

Last night I slept 4 hours and 29 minutes. The entire night I didn't feel good.  My stomach felt off. Not really upset, but not right.  I ate two Tums and it didn't help at all.  Then I listened to the talk down hypnosis and that didn't help.  It was just one of those nights.  On the plus side I made it through without taking any hydroxyzine.  I'm happy about that.

NG

Hello,

RnR, Wow, 8,5 hours! Unbelievable. Really happy for you.

NG,  Sorry your night was like that. Stomach issues always suck. Your conclusies was spot in; it was one of those nights. I'm glad you didn't take any hydroxyzine. Best to stay away from them.

My night wasn't any better than the one before. Lots of waking up due to the warmth. Got up early.

Today thunder,  lots of rain, strong winds and possibly hail are expected. Uff!

Have a lovely Tuesday.

TS

Good morning,

TS, sorry to hear that the warmth is waking you up.  Hopefully the rain will bring cooler temps for you.  I got 7.5 hr + a 1-hr nap.  I don't feel as rested as when I got my straight 8.5 hrs in. 

Good afternoon,

R&R, you are doing quite okay with sleep. Perhaps you get more deep and REM sleep when you sleep all at one time. 

TS, sorry to hear your sleep is disturbed by the warm nights.  Hopefully things cool down a bit with the rain.  Hail is never a good thing unless it is small and mushy.

I slept 8 hours last night.  My deep sleep is still light..16 minutes, but I did get two hours of REM.  My energy level was good, so I went outside and edged the front lawn by the sidewalk and along the driveway. Then I trimmed all around the roses, etc., and the sprinkler heads.  Yesterday I messed with the trimmer for an hour or more and could not get the line to wind up per the instruction book directions. I finally came in and googled it and a fine young man in his back yard, showed me how on youtube. 

If all else fails youtube is there!

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Hello,

Happy longest day everyone! 

The thunder etcetera wasn't as bad as was warned for. Just some thunder and lightning.  It did rain thankfully.

Sleep is still more or less off. Lots of waking up and only light sleep.

NG,  Glad you felt good enough to do some odd jobs. How nice of that young man. Yes, YouTube does offer a lot!

Have a nice Wednesday.

TS

Happy Summer Solstice!

TS, good to hear the thunder, etc., was not as bad as they thought.  Thankfully some rain finally came!

My sleep is off, also.  My stomach is still not doing well. I decided to call the doctor's office and talked to a nurse.  I remembered to tell her I took NSAIDS for my lower back pain and felt worse after that. I stopped last weekend.

When I was in my 20s, I became sick while taking that drug, so the doctor suggested I stopped and so I did.  Many years later, the knee doctor suggested I try them again, so I did.  For some reason my body cannot tolerate this drug. 

Hopefully once my stomach heals, I will feel okay.

Sleep was a 4 hours and 15 minutes. uff

Take care everyone.

NG

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the poor sleep issues, NG.

I have also been averaging about 4 hours I think of mostly light sleep. I say I think bc I was not tracking with the Fitbitt. Well, last night I wore it to bed.  When I awoke, I felt horrible. I still can't get past 2.5 mgs valium. The w/d is pretty horrendous, but you guys know this already bc y'all have gone through it. I don't know if I will ever be able to get off this poison.

Here is the weird thing. I felt horrible and only got about 4 hours of sleep I thought. Bad dreams and the w/d sxs kept waking me up. I just checked the Fitbit and it said 7 hours and 30 minutes of good-quality sleep. Go figure.....it sure does not feel like it.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone.

Good afternoon,

Got 7 hrs + a 1-hr nap.  Felt somewhat rested today.  Hope everyone's having a good day..

Good afternoon,

Got 7 hrs + a 1-hr nap.  Felt somewhat rested today.  Hope everyone's having a good day..

Good to see you are still sleeping ok RnR  :thumbsup:. When do you expect to be done with your taper?

Good afternoon,

Good to see you are still sleeping ok RnR  :thumbsup:. When do you expect to be done with your taper?

I'm hoping around Nov or Dec of this year.

Fantastic!  :thumbsup: You are doing a Titration Taper, correct?

Good morning, AB

No, actually I'm doing a dry cut & hold taper..

OK RnR! That is great.

I only got about 3 hours last night. Feeling pretty crappy today.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Hi everyone,

AB, sorry to hear you only slept three hours. Ditto for me. A storm moved in right as I went to bed. There was lightening and thunder with a lot of rain. When it moved on about 3-4 hours later, I didn't feel like I slept at all, but my Fitbit said I did. 

I also think my Fitbit is telling me tall stories when it says I slept well. I decided that it I do feel better mentally when I get a good report, so I move on and hope it was somewhat close to the right time frams. 

R&R I also did a dry cut and hold taper.  When I held, I would sleep sometimes and sometimes not so much.  I just wanted to put the days behind me and be free of benzos.

Hang in there.

Sleep well everyone,

NG

[36...]