Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning RnR,

Nice to see you're back. So glad you weren't hit by a tornado. Hopefully your eyes can get a little rest now.

My sleep was more or less OK again last night. I think I got some 7 hours if uneventful rest.

Wishing us all a pleasant Monday.

TS

Good day everyone,

Spring is here for now. I've been out doing yard work. It is a fine day for April. 

R&R, that is good you did manage to dodge the tornados.  Like TS said, rest your eyes. Sleep well.

TS, you did alright with 7 hours of uneventful sleep. 

I slept 6 hours and 44 minutes with a long time before going back to sleep.  I decided to find a pink noise link on my phone when it suddenly changed over to Michael Sealey meditation.  He does very well with his quiet Australian accent and before long I drifted off to sleep.  I woke back up after an hour or so and he was still talking away. I am not sure if I drifted off again, but 6:44 is enough sleep. 

Happy Spring!

NG

Hi,

NG, Glad Michael Sealy made you fall asleep.  I agree taking a long time to go back to sleep isn't very pleasant.

My sleep was OK for the most part, but towards dawn i was bothered by muscle pain and stiffness.  I, like you, was out and about in the garden yesterday,  doing cleaning and howing. This afternoon I 'm having a new garden helper over for the first time. It's nice weather so I want to get as much done as possible before the rains return.

I hope everyone slept well.

Enjoy this Tuesday.

TS

Thanks, it's good to see you guys again as well. I take breaks from this website periodically and always come back to check everyone's progress.

Sounds like you guys are sleeping really well now, we must be close to healed. I just went through a pretty brutal week of waves and sweaty palms and messed up stomach and all kinds of stuff from a wave. But now I'm pretty much back to normal again, and seeing the clearest yet.

I have no clue why my sleep keeps flipping like this either. About a couple months ago I was going to sleep around 9:00 p.m. for a couple weeks straight, every night my eyes would start closing on their own like when I was a kid. But now I can't go to sleep until about 9:00 a.m. and don't wake up until about 4:00 p.m. again. Exact same pattern as last year.

We used to get tornadoes down in the South like you guys. It was always scary when you hear a tornado siren, I've seen big water spouts take out houses on Islands as well. We used to get hit by huge hurricanes in the South as well, lightning strikes and power lines getting torn down and streets getting flooded out.

It feels good to be in the Pacific northwest, I've only been here about a year and a half, and we haven't had any natural disasters. I did see however, that the bottom of the ocean floor is leaking off the coast of Oregon with heavy minerals, they say it's in the Cascadia subduction zone and could be a potential earthquake in the future. But for now, our weather is back into the 50s and sunny a good majority of the time again.

Good day everyone,

Justintime, it is good to see you back. 

The brutal week is hopefully past.

Your sleep is a puzzle.  Hopefully it will all straighten out. 

The Pacific NW does have less natural disasters.  The bottom of the ocean floor leaking is strange.  Maybe earthquake will not happens or if it does it isn't a bad one. 

TS, sorry to hear about your muscle pain and stiffness.  That's great you have a garden helper!  You earned that over the years or doing it yourself. 

Last night I went right to sleep then awoke an hour later and could not get back to sleep, so found the Micheal Sealey video and soon drifted off to sleep.  My deep sleep was 1:30 and my REM 1:16. My brain feels a little groggy but perhaps once I start moving around, I'll feel alert. 

I am happy I sleep, but weary of the constant wake ups and not going back to sleep for some time.  Not sure if my brain likes the talking (Michael Sealey) throughout the night. Mentally I am happy to be able to drift off each time. 

Take care and have a food Tuesday.

NG

I had that happen a few times recently as well, I put my phone on the charger and woke up and it still wasn't at 100%. I thought to myself that's strange, I only got about an hour of sleep at the most.

Personally I have found that the last bit of sleep I get is the most rejuvenating. If I don't get in that last hour or even the last 10 minutes, then I don't feel refreshed. Like if I sleep 6 and 1/2 hours instead of eight, that's a huge problem. But if I only sleep an hour at the beginning, but then I get the remaining seven later on I'm fine.

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a good night's sleep.

I slept some 6,5 hours. But it was good sleep. Woke up around 6 am. The last hour until it was time to get up I didn't sleep,  but it felt nice to just snooze a bit.

My garden helper didn't show up. My mistake: we had agreed on Wednesday,  but I had made a note where it said Tuesday.  Never mind, I did a lot of work in the garden. And it felt so good to be able to do that again for the first time in 4 years!

My body is getting used to it, for I didn't have any muscle issues this morning.

Going to a friend's birthday this morning. Taking the rest of the day off from gardening. Just going to enjoy the sunshine. 8)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!  :thumbsup:

Trochsetter

Hi all,

Justintime,  I agree the last bit if sleep is rejuvenating.  Naps in the early afternoon used to be the most rejuvenating for me, but that stopped not long ago. 

Strange about your phone not charging while you sleep. Is your cord working okay? 

I received a strange email from Xfinity saying I had used almost all of my data for the month. An astounding 1.2TB in March.  My son said that is impossible unless there is a lot of 4K gaming going on constantly by a number of people.  He is coming over tonight to reset my password and maybe reset my modem.  He believes someone has hacked my modem password.  The amount of data I used has gone continually up since last November and made it to the 1.2 TB last month. I could not see any further back than that.  Good grief.  People will steal anything. UFF

TS, good to know why your garden helper was a no show.  You did fine without the helper.  It does feel good to get out in the sunshine after four years! Your body will keep adjusting. Remember that slow and steady is best. 

I slept 6 hours and 20 minutes last night.  Today I've been working on dinner plans for our son and DIL when they come this evening.

Take care.

NG

Good afternoon,

I slept 7 hrs then got a 1 hour nap.  NG,  all that storage being used is a mystery.  Hopefully your son can figure it out.

I've been getting e-mails looking like they're from Paypal and saying that I've added cards to my account.  We haven't added anything to our Paypal acct, so I'm wondering if this is a phishing scam.

Weather had been warm and sunny.

Hello folks,

Justintime,  yes, it's phishing. Just put it in the bin and empty that. I get those constantly, as well as e-mails claiming I  won things like cell phones, cruises etc. Never respond, just bin them.

NG,  I hope you're going to have a lovely evening. Enjoy your dinner!

Most likely your account has been hijacked. Good thing your son is going to change the password and reset the modem. Those cyber criminals are becoming ever more inventive.

Glad you both slept well. So did I.  6 hours of nonstop sleep. With an extra hour thrown in for good measure after I'd put the garbage out.

Rain today after a couple of sunny April days. Nice for the garden...

Have a great Thursday!

TS

I think this thread is a little mixed up. I didn't deal with any phishing or scams, although recently I had a checking account from about 3 years ago that somebody tried to access. The bank called and asked if I wanted to approve the charge, and I said I didn't authorize it, so they sent me a new card.

As for the question about my phone, it's charging fine but I was mentioning how the other night I put it on the charger because I was tired and I took a little nap, and when I woke up it wasn't even fully charged yet because it had only been about a half an hour, not even long enough of a nap to charge my phone.

My family was coming into town so I made myself stay up all day yesterday, hoping to fix my nocturnal sleep. Instead of going to bed at 10:00 p.m. like I was planning, my body wouldn't even go into a nap mode until about midnight, and then I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and now can't go back to sleep.

Good morning,

Justintime, thank you for explaining what you meant.  Little naps are good for the brain but not so much for the phone charging that quickly. ha

Bummer on the sleep not working out the way it should.  Hang in there. 

TS,  the great prizes we let get away over the years. Lol

MY theory is if I don't have it, I'll never miss it.  Be wary of something for nothing. 

Your six hours of sleep was a plus. Keep it up!

My son came and changed all of my passwords, but after my DIL googled comcast charges for data usage, no one has hacked into our comcast account. Our son saw nothing unusual from an outside source, either.

The mystery was solved...

For the last couple of years, I have been turning on a "yule log on you tube." My husband can sit quite contentedly watching a TV fire place blazing away throughout the day.  We have recently been watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on Hallmark Movies Now, that we subscribe to.  Both the fireplace and Dr. Quinn are "streamed" via Comcast.

Streaming takes data and so it goes.  The TV we own is not a 4000K, that came after we bought this one, but it is new enough to have a sharp picture. Unless we change it to a "watching TV under water"  we use more data. Our son set the picture clarity to the lowest he could with a reasonably clear picture.

Companies are amazing at figuring ways to take more money out of our pockets. 

My sleep was 7 hours. I feel quite okay.

NG

Hello,

Nightengale, glad you found out what caused the huge amount of data being used.

Hope you slept well last night.

I slept some 4 or 5 hours. After that I did a lot of throat clearing. Must have caught a cold again while gardening and pressure cleaning the patio. We had sunny weather which was nice. The wind however was really cold. O well, I fell asleep again after 6.30 am and felt rested when it was time to get up.

Enjoy your Friday.

TS

I love that saying, if you don't have it you won't miss it. I found that out the hard way when I ended up homeless a few years ago, but it was also like a blessing to lose everything because I'm no longer materialistic.

When I moved to the Pacific northwest, I got brand new furniture and new clothes and new decorations and new electronics, everything was new. Like literally, every single thing in my place is brand new. I told myself I'm never going to get junk I don't need anymore, it takes up too much space and costs money and there's no need for the attachment.

Somehow even though I forced myself to stay up the last couple days during the day, it didn't fix my sleep. Now I'm up at 3:30 a.m. after losing tons of sleep over the last couple days. I guess I would have been better off not trying to force myself.

Good afternoon,

Only got 6 hrs of sleep last night, a little below my usual 7 - 7.5.  Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep.  I felt rested later on , though.

Good day,

R&R, glad you feel rested with a little less sleep than usual.  Hopefully you are back up to 7 plus hours tonight.

JustInTime, I recall that you were homeless before and started all over again.  The new furniture, clothes, decor, and electronics was a new beginning. On the plus side junk does take up valuable space.  I am dealing with that in my basement.  Today I went through stuff and tossed some, donated some and kept even less. 

Sorry to hear staying up didn't fix your sleep. At least you gave it a try.

I am dead tired and my knees are bothering me after the stint doing some basement cleanout.  More to come later.

I slept 7 hours last night.  No restful feeling comes to me much anymore.  Not sure why. 

NG

Sorry you're not sleeping well. It seems that we all have a similar pattern on this website, even though we don't live near each other or even have the same time zones. I'm not sure how this is all related, I guess there's a lot we don't know in the world.

And yes, I was working for a technology corporation back in 2015, and the hours got reduced when they got purchased by another tech company. Long story short, it wasn't enough to pay rent so I moved West to colorado. Things didn't happen the way they should, so then I ended up on the streets going through benzo withdrawal, and all hell broke loose real quick.

But like you said, junk is junk. Most people are tired of their old life anyways, and now I'm looking at it like well I needed to get off those pills anyways, and now I'm in the right part of the country that fits myself and my personality better. All the new stuff helps as well of course, and I even had a couple boxes of clothes and some other belongings that were in storage from North carolina, and those went in the dumpster. Normally I donate things, but these had such bad memories attached that I purposely threw them in the dumpster to avoid passing on bad luck to anyone else.

Anyways, the weather is getting back into the upper 50s and 60s here in the Pacific northwest, and the trees and plants are starting to turn green and it smells good outside. If we can just get our sleep resolved and heal, will be good to go.

Almost a year off benzo and still no sleep drive (sleepiness). Is my brain damaged for  good permanently? I do sleep broken hours with multiple dreams .take about 3 hrs to fall asleep, and sleep 20 mins each block..so total about 3 broken hours

Hello,

Ducktales,  nice to see you're back on  BB. 

Sorry your sleep is still like how you describe it. To try and answer your question, I can only say that from what I 've seen with other people 's sleep, as well as my own:  it does get better. It takes time and believe.

I found that the more I let it go the better it got. We can make it bigger in our mind or smaller.

I hope your sleep will improve as soon as possible. This current situation will change for the better too! Stay strong!

Justintime,  enjoying the fine weather is so good for us all! Springtime is such a fantastic part of the year.

NG, I hope your knees are feeling  better again. So sorry you were feeling deadtired. We do need to take it easy with the chores we do.

Feel better soon!

I slept some 6 to 7 hours, but with a few interruptions.  Luckely I went back to sleep quickly every time.

Have a blessed Sunday everybody!

Trochsetter

Good morning to all,

Got 8 hrs of sleep last night.  I've been listening to baseball games, but my team, the St. Louis Cardinals, aren't faring too well. 

Good afternoon,

R&R 8 hours is perfect!  Too bad the Cardinals aren't doing as well as your sleep. Maybe they will come around.

TS, 6-7 hours is quite good.  Nice you returned to sleeping after the interruptions. 

Ducktails, I agree with everything said by TS, your sleep will get better.  For many of us a year off of benzos is a good start, but sleep takes time to recover.  Believe.

I slept a total of  8 hours after initially going to sleep for around two hours, then waking up for 1 hour and 30 minutes.  I finally went back to sleep, not waking up until 6:30.

Today I feel fairly rested. 

NG

Almost a year off benzo and still no sleep drive (sleepiness). Is my brain damaged for  good permanently? I do sleep broken hours with multiple dreams .take about 3 hrs to fall asleep, and sleep 20 mins each block..so total about 3 broken hours

Ductales,

I'm at almost 4 years out and my sleep is just as bad now as it was near the beginning. I get more sleep total each day on average, but I'm completely nocturnal and can't change the Sleep Cycle no matter what I try. I've tried forcing myself to stay up all day, but it doesn't make me tired at night. All it does whenever I force my sleep, is make me lose sleep.

For example last week, I forced myself to stay up all day because my family was coming in town. I thought I was going to go to bed early that night, but it did the opposite. Then I was up for two days straight, and then thought I would sleep the next night instead. I was wrong, I ended up losing almost three nights of sleep. Needless to say, I kept forcing it day after day all week long and then finally got a full night's sleep last night. Only issue, now I'm lacking 4 days of sleep.

So while I agree with the other people saying that your sleep will get better with time, it's a matter of when. Some people start getting better sleep right away, some people don't get good sleep for years and years. Don't let it discourage you though, because you already know the options. Either you take pills again and screw up, or you stay off the pills and heal eventually.

Good morning,

RnR,  NG,  Congratulations on your good sleep!  So glad you felt fairly rested, NG.

Ducktales,  Justintime 's last sentence says it all. Keep the faith! This too shall pass.

My sleep was OK last night. Woke up around 1 am for a pee, but fell asleep again straight away . Slept until 6.45 am. Back to sleep again ( but this time just light sleep) until the alarm woke me. Felt rested.

May your Monday be a pleasant one.

TS

Good morning.

TS, you did well with your sleep last night.  Happy you feel rested.  Enjoy your day.

Justintime, those are excellent points you made with Ducktales. Sleep is personal and different with so many. 

Ducktales,

My benzo/Ambien journey started in the late 1990s and ended November, 2017.  Definitely a long time user with two failed attempts to stop. No one in the medical profession had any answers, though they were quick to prescribe these drugs to me when they asked if I had trouble sleeping.  Finally found BB the spring of 2017 and read everything I could find on this site.  There was so much information and so much to learn from others.  By November I had taken the last crumb of clonazepam and was finally set free. it has been a very rough journey but my ending is a happy one.  My sleep goes up and down with my emotions/life, but eventually things level back out again.  A good sleeper, like my childhood was, won't probably happen again, but I do sleep.  My wake ups during the night happen. At my age, I was born in the mid 1940s, I'm just happy to be alive and enjoying life. 

When I first stopped clonazepam, I told my family I should be healed in six months. I read that many on here were healed in that amount of time. 

It didn't happen for me, but going back wasn't an option, so everyday was a new day with a renewed determination to survive. 

Try not to stress too much about the bad nights and smile when some sleep does come.  Time is on our sides. 

There are some good sleep hypnosis talks/sounds to listen to throughout the night.  I've used them off and on during my recovery with some success. 

Hang in there, as we all care.

I slept almost 7 hours last night.  Not sure if I feel rested, but the tired feeling isn't in my head.

NG

I agree, sleep is very personal and each person is different. And just like you mentioned, I told my family I was going to be healed around 8 months because I finally started going for walks and leaving my bedroom. I was completely wrong, now it's been almost 4 years and who knows when I'll be healed.

I totally agree with you guys about not losing hope as well, because I attempted to quit benzos at least a dozen times throughout my life, I was always in and out of detox facilities and Mental Hospitals, only be told by doctors that it wasn't possible. Eventually you have to tell the doctors to keep their opinions to themselves, because they're not fortune tellers or genies. As I started to get older, I started to wonder why I ever listened to them in the first place when they only see you for a few minutes. It's great to have lots of book smarts and education and medical experience, but that doesn't mean you can figure out someone's health issues within 5 minutes while sitting there typing away at a computer or writing notes.

I'm not going to talk bad about doctors, but let's just say you can Google the same stuff that they're listening to you about at the doctor's office. They might be able to make a more educated guess at your health problems at the doctor's office, but that doesn't mean they're correct. Think about when people go and get second and third opinions, they're usually different from different doctors.

Anyhow, I always tell people either you want your freedom or you don't, if you go back on the pills then you lose your freedom again. If you stay off your pills, you are gaining strength and experience by the day and you will walk away a free man or woman with more knowledge than you ever had.

[f6...]