Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello,

NG,  it was a birthday well spent. Nice people and sunny weather. Some welcome presents too. Plants in pots for my patio. To be enjoyed for the whole summer!

Young is relative. But I still do feel young at heart!

My sleep was great after the sleep the night before wasn't. 

Today is a day for recovery 😄 seeing my aunt today.

Wishing us all a blessed Sunday!

TS

Good morning,

TS, glad to hear that your birthday was a pleasant day.  I got about 7.5 hrs last night.  I feel somewhat rested.

Good morning.

TS, you did have a fine time celebrating your birthday.  The patio plants sound quite nice.  I also received some patio plants for Mother's Day gifts.  I do love having them to enjoy all summer long. 

Ahh yes, young at heart.  When I was young, I thought  my grandparents had old hearts/minds  to go with their ages.  Not so...

What changes over time is the age number and our looks.  I keep looking at myself and think, do I look old? No, I don't look old,  I look old! What happened!!

Age is but a number, but those numbers do add up.  Time runs out.  I must make the best of my time. 

Last night I slept 7.5 hours.  The night before I slept almost 8 hours.  After an email from my mother saying her furnace was running day and night, I knew I would not sleep.

I am happy the hydroxyzine works so well.

We had more rain last night.  The greening up is amazing. 

NG

Good morning,

NG, you got some good sleep there.  I put in 7.5 hrs plus 1 hour of napping.  My baseball team is doing well--finally.  They swept the Red Sox in their three-game series in Boston no less.

It's been raining cats & dogs here.  You know what that makes, right?  It makes lots of poodles.  Corny I know. :laugh:

R&R, LOL, that was funny! There are lots of poodles here, too!

The Cardinals are doing so very well.  I see they take on the Brewers tonight. Go Cardinals!

Sleep well tonight. 

NG

Good morning,

NG, your cheering for the Cards paid off!  They beat the Brewers 18 - 1.  I hope they can extend their winning streak to 5 games tonight.  Still raining here, but at least it's light.  Got 7.5 hrs of sleep.

Hello NG and RnR,

Happy for you for getting good sleep.  NG having a little help from a "friend" is OK for once in a while.

We have our own  football - the real thing 😉- overhere.  Semi-finals in several European contests.

I slept well last night.

NG,  your thoughts about aging were very interesting.

Hope you have a pleasant Tuesday.

Ps. Tomorrow morning I 'm getting more Solar panels. In the afternoon part 3 of my birthday celebrations. Pfew!

TS

Good afternoon,

R&R congratulations to the Cardinals!! Woohoo!! Hoping for another winning night!

7.5 hours is a good amount of sleep. 

TS, thanks for understanding when I choose to take a hydroxyzine.  I slept 7.5 hours last night, so got back into my normal sleep routine. 

The next email I received from my mother she never mentioned the furnace running day and night.  A friend of mine was there that day cleaning out the flower bed and said the furnace was fine.  It is sad to see the continual decline in my mother. 

TS, the semi finals with your football sounds exciting.  Do you have a team you want to win?

The solar panels sound very nice.

Enjoy part 3 of your birthday celebration!! 

I rototilled the garden. It was easier than I thought it would be.  Tomorrow I shall go on a search for couple more tomato plants and whatever else looks good. 

NG

Good morning,

Another good night's sleep for all of us! What is the world coming to? Lol

My team - Ajax - was out two rounds earlier,  so now I don't have a favourite team. But Real Madrid are in excellent shape atm. So are Manchester City. Too bad they're playing eachother in this Semi-finals. Should have been the Final.

Sorry about your mom's mental decline. But what can you do? It still is sad though.

I'm glad the rototiller job went well! Remember, you reap what you sow. Your effort shall be rewarded in the form of delicious fruits and veggies.

Picked up my carpfishing again. But is was ."..sitting in the bank, waiting..."  No bites two evenings in a row. Not much has changed...

Enjoy this Wednesday.

Trochsetter

Good afternoon,

TS, you are too funny about us and our sleep. LOL

Sorry to hear your team is out. May the best team win.  It is too bad Real Madrid and Manchester City are playing each other in the semi finals instead of the final. Sometimes things don't work out as they should. 

The carp fishing sounded relaxing.  Maybe next time!  Enjoy the view and the water. 

Well, my day has been all over the place.  The girl who mowed the lawn on Monday, didn't bag the grass clippings which is what I asked her to do last week. It worked well then, but the grass was very wet this time and it left large strips of grass clippings all over the lawn.  It was too much to rake. 

I planted the flowers in the front flower bed/stone box and contemplated the grass mess. It had to be cleaned up, so I got the mower out after lunch and mowed the front yard again to pick the grass clippings up. I put them in a pile by the garden, as I mulch around the garden plants with the grass to keep the weeds out.

The garden does so very well that way and I don't spend a lot of time during the summer weeding the garden. 

I was going to have her bag the grass next time unless the lawn is dry. 

Tomorrow I will add some mulch to the garden and plant my one tomato. ha

I will also go to a greenhouse and add some more to the one plant. 

I slept 6 hours and 42 minutes.  I was awake a lot for some reason.

We are watching the grand cat so our daughter in law could drive to Steamboat Springs to be with our son on his birthday. He is there with his geophysics class, always this time of year, for field camp.

NG

Hello NG,

You are very active in your garden! Well done. It sounds your garden is  quite lovely. Good work with the mulching. It keeps the weeds down and the soil moist. Two for the price of one.

Had my last of this year's birthday parties.  Really nice afternoon. Two couples I went to Uni with. We always kept in touch over the years.

Sorry your sleep wasn't too great. On the other hand, it wasn't bad either.

My sleep was about the same as yours.

Have a lovely Thursday.

TS

Ps going to a birthday party this afternoon...sigh. I know... :laugh:

Good afternoon,

I got almost 7 hrs of sleep, followed by a 1-hr nap.  My team won last night, so they won 2 of the 3 games against the Brewers.  Tonight they start a 4-game series with the Dodgers. 

Good afternoon,

R&R, great news your team won!! I wish them well in their next series of games.  Oops sorry for the typo earlier. I meant R&R not T&R.

Your sleep was great along with the hour nap!!

TS, your birthday celebrations sounded so enjoyable.  That's great you have kept in contact with your university friends over the years. 

I slept a little over 7 and a half hours.  It didn't feel like it, so was not a restful sleep.

Today I had a light day.  It rained some after lunch, so that was nice. 

Sleep well,

NG

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Recently I've been forgetting about benzo buddies all together for several days at a time, and then I'll be like oh yeah I should check and see if there's any messages or notifications. Not that it matters a whole lot, I don't even get on social media these days, as I deleted every one of my accounts at the beginning of this process.

I had an old friend from benzo buddies contact me, I thought she was dead but she's Alive and Kicking. She disappeared for a couple years off of this website, but it's good to know she's still alive in her 70s.

I hear you guys about the parents. My parents visited me a few weeks ago and I've noticed a little bit of a decline in them as well. Just minor things, but they all start to add up. Things like misplacing kitchen items and knocking over little things, and not sleeping as well. They said with age you sleep less, and anything can affect your sleep. I don't doubt it, as this process has been brutal and I feel like it has aged me quick.

The weather in the Northwest has been hot and dry, we got record temperatures twice this month. It's like Denver weather almost, cool at night and dry and pretty hot during the day, although they say this is rare and should go away quick and go back to the 60s during the day and upper 50s at night.

My sleep has been a hit or miss over the last month. Sometimes I sleep a full 8 hours without waking up, and sometimes I only get about 2 hours of sleep and can't even take a nap the next day. Last night I got about 4 hours or so, and about a 10 minute nap during the day. I'm assuming I will sleep a lot better tonight, but who knows as I'm not tired at all and it's already almost 11:00 p.m.

Hello,

RnR,  Congrats with your team's win! It's nice to be a supporter of a winning team, right?

Justintime,  it's so nice to see you back on BB.  Forgetting all about us is a good thing in a way. All part of the ongoing recovery.

Your sleep being hit and miss sounds so familiar. 

Nice to have had contact with an old BB friend.

Your observations regarding aging etcetera are correct. Nobody can escape that, but some do better. Genes and what have you.

NG, Sorry you didn't feel rested after you slept. Not an unknown feeling. The light day was well deserved.

My sleep was off last night. I slept for a few hours. The rest of the night I woke up millions of times. Tossing and turning. The last hour or so nausea set in. Ugh.

Going to take it easy today. Probably a nice bike ride this afternoon. We had two really cold days and nights, even some frost, but today is lovely.

Enjoy this fair Friday.

TS

Good morning,

Another rainy day here.  I am happy for the moisture. 

Justintime, welcome back. I am glad you can forget about BB for a time, though it is nice you come back now and then. 

What wonderful news one of the BB friends is still alive and contacted you.

Getting old does take a toll on those who make it there.  Indeed the process of aging accelerates though the benzo withdrawal and recovery. 

Your temps do sound similar to Denver. We traded places with you as we have had abnormally wet, cool weather this spring.  Right now it is a grey, wet, day. 

Everything is so green!

Eventually your sleep should even out. 

TS, your sleep was off last night.  Sorry about the nausea.  Did it go away after you started the day with some breakfast?

Enjoy your bike ride!

I slept almost 8 hours last night. I was happy over that! This was after I dozed off watching TV last night. 

Take care,

NG

Good morning,

NG, Happy for you for having had 8 hours of sleep.  Wow! Keep it up.

Yes, all complaints went away after I had breakfast. Thanks for asking.

My sleep was better than the one before that. I got some 6,5 hours of deep sleep.  I woke up around 6 am. Put the garbage out and went back to bed. Perhaps I should have gone for a walk instead. It was so very lovely outside. No wind, lots of sun and a wonderful dawn-chorus.

I'm not feeling rested, but there are no issues,  so I 'll take it.

Seeing my aunt this morning. God willing she's turning 98 next Saturday.

Congratulations on the rains. Moisture is going to be the next oil.

Nature is at it's most beautiful atm if you ask me. Lush green. Clear skies. If only it could last forever...

Have a pleasant Saturday everyone!

TS

Good morning,

TS, I'm glad that breakfast made you feel better. :thumbsup:  I got 7 hrs + a 1-hr nap.  Lots of dreams.  Lately my dreams have been centered around malls.  Don't know why as I never go to malls.

Today my wife and son are flying to the U.K.  I'm staying behind because of costs, etc.  I have been to the U.K. as well as Spain, and both trips were fun.

Wishing everyone good sleep.

Good day everyone,

R&R you did well with sleep. The dreams are interesting.  Perhaps they are long ago memories from when you did go to the mall? 

Then there are mall shootings that are in the news. I hope your dreams were pleasant. 

How exciting your wife and son are flying to the UK. Is she British?  It will be a fun trip.  I like the UK because we can understand each other.  Spain has a language barrier, but it is a nice place to visit.  How long will they be gone to the UK?

TS, I am glad you felt better after you ate breakfast.  Going back to bed after doing an early chore is never a bad idea.  I agree spring is a beautiful time of year with the bird songs, trees growing back new leaves, flowers and freshly mowed grass filling our senses. 

Enjoy the visit with your aunt. Ninety-eight is a milestone!  I find spending time with my elderly relatives is always pleasant.

Your 6.5 hours of deep sleep was nice. 

Last night I could not go to sleep and I have no idea why.  Sometime after 11pm, I did finally drop off, but woke up off and on. Fitbit shows 5.5 hours. I enjoyed some pleasant dreams. 

Have a nice Saturday!

NG

How exciting your wife and son are flying to the UK. Is she British?  It will be a fun trip.  I like the UK because we can understand each other.  Spain has a language barrier, but it is a nice place to visit.  How long will they be gone to the UK?

NG, she's not British, but she practiced some words that are used in the U.K., like "lift" for what we call an "elevator."  They will be returning June 1.  Meanwhile, I get to do some cat-sitting.

I got 7 hrs of sleep + an hour nap.  My sleep was broken, with a lot of waking up.  I felt more rested after the nap.

Good morning.

R&R I am sorry you could not go to GB. I trust they will take a lot of pictures and share with you their adventure.  That is sweet that your wife is practicing on the words that are commonly used in GB.  I enjoyed England as the people are friendly and helpful.  If we stood on the sidewalk looking around, someone would stop and ask if we needed help.  I guess we had tourists written all over us. ha

In Denver I can sometimes spot tourists because they walk close to each other and look around more. 

It is good the cats have you to care for them. 

7 hours of sleep is great along with the hour nap.  I love the rested feeling after a nap, but that has mostly gone away. Perhaps because I am sleeping more at night. 

Last night I slept 7 hrs and 30 minutes.  I was happy to be able to go right to sleep after I went to bed. 

Enjoy your Sunday.

NG

Good morning,

Great the both of you had a good sleep.

Mine is a bit off again. I wake up sweating like an otter around 4 am. I get up and have a drink of water, walk around a bit and go back to bed. I does help.

Last night i woke up around 2 am with a blocked nose and sore throat. There's lots of pollen atm, so that's most likely what it was. This too passed and the rest of the night was OK. I didn't feel rested though.

Interesting you enjoy a nap and feel rested after that. I cannot sleep when taking a nap and feel sick afterwards.

A very sweet cousin of mine died last Thursday. She had terminal cancer. This coming Friday is her funeral. 71 is just too young.

So glad I saw her 2 months ago. We were on the phone often this last 6  months. She liked that so much her son told me last week. Glad I was able to do that. Her parents - 98 and 97 - or heart broken, now that their oldest daughter has died.

I hope you all slept well and I wish you a nice Monday.

Trochsetter

Good morning,

TS, sorry to hear that your sleep was off and my condolences to you for the loss of your cousin.

My team won yet again against the best team in the league.  That win put them in 3rd place in their division.  Hopefully no more bottom dwelling for them.

I got 7 hrs + 1 hr nap.  Sometimes my naps backfire on me too, but that's usually if I take one in the middle of the day.

Good morning,

TS, the night time sweating is unnerving.  Sorry to hear about the blocked nose and sore throat. Pollen the air can be a problem.  We have a lot of smoke in our air from Canadian wild fires that are drifting down on us. 

I am so sorry to hear of your sweet cousin dying.  Yes, 71 is too way too young.  How nice you were able to talk on the phone the last six months.  I can imagine her parents are heart broken. 

My sleep was gone again last night.  I finally took hydroxyzine at 11 pm.  I slept around six hours. 

Yesterday, i was busy non stop.  I asked my husband to help me finish getting the vegetable garden ready.  He agreed.  I told him what I was going to do, which entailed getting a 50 pound bag of soil out of the garage.  When I returned a few minutes later he was gone.  Good grief.  I looked all over for him inside and outside.  I wasn't concerned he had wandered off because he complains about walking.  I finished putting the mulched soil on the garden and found him sitting in side in his recliner.  I asked where he had been and he said looking for me.  LOL

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

NG

R&R, Congratulations on your team winning!! I'm so happy to hear that.  Yes, indeed they are moving up!

I forgot to comment on naps.  Like you, if I nap early enough in the day, it does not take away my sleep.

TS, naps are not beneficial to you with the sick feeling afterwards.  Our brains and bodies are all different. 

NG

[98...]