Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning everyone,

Welcome back Justintime. Good to hear you are doing well and the marijuana helped with your healing.  Four years free of benzos is definitely something to be proud of.  Life is good.

I didn't realize Seattle had such mild temps.  Like you, I enjoy watching the snow come down. It is a magical feeling for me. 

R&R, 7.5 hours of sleep is good.  Court TV would stress me out. ha

TS, getting caught in the rain three times in a row is a milestone!  When I've gone for hikes when I am visiting my mother, I try to watch for the rain clouds. I've discovered they are always moving more quickly than I realize.  It's no fun to get soaked, but the soft water does wonders for my hair. lol

I slept around six hours after waking up around 4 and going back to sleep some time after that. 

Have a great Saturday.

NG

Hello,

Justintime,  it's good to see you back. So wonderful the marijuana helped you with your sleep and overall wellbeing!

NG,  you're right about rainclouds moving in quickly,  but once you're under them, they seem to stay above you, wherever you go. Lol.

Sounds like your sleep was OK. Nice.

I slept over 7 hours night before last, waking up rested. Last night I had a cold with lots of throat clearing.  No more sleep for the wicked after that. Woke up feeling tired.

Our weather changed overnight. After what seemed like ages of mild, dark and wet weather,  it's now clear, sunny and quite a bit colder. Makes for a nice change.

Wishing everybody a blessed Sunday.

Trochsetter

Thanks, it's good to be back. Yes I got lots of sleep and it felt good, although it still doesn't compare to truly sober rejuvenating sleep, because you can actually feel the rejuvenating sleep when you're not on any substances. When you're taking marijuana, it's more like a sedated type of sleep. But nonetheless, sedated sleep is better than insomnia is the way I see it.

We also got a big weather change here in seattle, it was clear for the last couple days so it got really cold and now it's about 30° and snowing for the third time this year. And yes, Seattle has very mild weather for the most part. In the summertime it usually never gets above 75° and in the winter it usually never gets below freezing. Seattle's weather is almost identical to San francisco, give or take 10°, but with a lot more cloud cover and drizzly days, but we don't get more than 30 in of rain per year, so we are under the national average for rain as well.

I grew up in the southeast United States where we get heavy downpours and big lightning strikes and really cold Winters and extremely hot summers, so this is a nice change for me.

It sounds like we are all getting so much closer to being healed, I'm really happy that we all made it this far. It's amazing that we pushed through the beginning instead of ending up on pills again, lots of people don't make it this far.

Good day all, Justintime, I agree with things get rough, sedated sleep does sometimes help. 

Seattle does have mild temps. I would like it except for the clouds and drizzly days.  Denver is almost always sunny and usually we don't get a lot of rain.  Now and then we do.  Thunder and lightning does not happen often.

We are mostly healed.  My sleep is still quite broken and I usually don't feel rested, but I'm doing okay. At least I sleep unless I am stressed.

TS, you are so right about the rain not moving away quickly enough once it is over us. I had not thought about that, but it is true!

The 7 hours of rested sleep sounds nice.  Sorry to hear you have a cold.  Feel better soon. 

I slept a little over 5 hours.  My mother is still not doing very well, though she surprised me by writing a good email last night. 

My husband does not do anything to help me anymore.  I am glad he can still do things for himself like getting the right clothes on and brushing his teeth, etc.

On the days I am tired, I wish he could help me just a little bit.

Have a nice Sunday.

NG

Good evening to all,

Got in 7.5 hrs of sleep before breakfast and 1.5 after breakfast.  Thought I would feel more rested than I did.  Hope everyone had a good weekend..

Good day folks,

RnR,  your total amount of sleep is fantastic.  Too bad you didn't feel rested. I guess it happens to all of us from time to time. I just had it this morning after more than 7 hours of good sleep.  After getting up the feeling was gone in minutes.

NG,  you spoke wise words about the healing process we're going through. Thinking back of how low we were, it's a miracle we made it! Something to be really proud of and grateful for.

My cold has gone.

Hope you all slept well.

Enjoy this Monday if you can.

Greetings, TS.

Good day all,

TS, that is great news your cold is gone. 

Those benzo days were the lowest point in our lives as we made our way off and away from the drugs we had been given.  I was so incredibly broken, both physically and mentally, but I was determined to be free and survive what I had gone through.  Here we are...so much stronger than we every thought we would or could be.

I would love to meet and hug every survivor of benzos.

R&R, you did mighty fine with your sleep and nap.  Keep it up!

I slept around 7 hours last night and feel quite rested.  The ringing in my left ear sounds quieter, I am happy to report.  The right ear is still quiet. 

Today I grocery shopped and filled the gas tank before the snow arrives tomorrow afternoon. I am ready for anything that comes my way.

Take care,

NG

Good afternoon,

I believe I got around 6.5 hrs.  I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep this time.  Very windy day.  Twice the wind blew over our trash bins.  The good news is that the contents didn't spill out.

Have a nice Monday..

Good afternoon,

R&R, good to hear the trash stayed in the bins when the wind blew them over.  It is windy here, also. 

6.5 isn't bad. I did sleep 7 last night, but was awake for a while, again. 

We went out to do some errands today. The snow hasn't made an appearance, yet. 

Take care,

NG

Good morning,

RnR,  you found the magic ingredient for good sleep!  Well done!

NG,  Glad you slept well. Good thing you got the errands done before the snow arrived. Snow makes life a lot more complicated imo.

My sleep is really good atm. Night before last it was 7 hours and last night almost 7,5 hours of restoring sleep.  I am starting to be able to wake up later, which is super.

Today's my aunt's crematian ceremony . There is of course sadness for her children, but mostly gratitude that they had their mom in their lives for some many years. I think I 'll  be seeing quite a few cousins I haven't seen in a long time.

Lovely sunny weather atm. I'm out in the sunshine for a couple of hours daily to catch some rays. Feels so good!

Hope everyone slept well.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

TS

Good morning,

Looks like we all got some decent sleep.  That's cool.  Last night I got 7 hrs worth of sleep.  Getting close to the start of the regular season for baseball.  That's good as it will give me some more distraction from my taper/withdrawal.  Have a good day!

Good evening,

R&R 7 hours of sleep was good.  Baseball is indeed not far off.  The distraction will be nice. 

TS, 7 hours and 7.5 hours are quite good.  Later wake ups are nice, too!

The family gathering for your aunt's cremation ceremony was so nice. Seeing cousins again is always sweet and memorable.

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. 

I slept around 7 hours last night.  I spent the better part of today cleaning out my kitchen cupboards looking for a ceramic bottle that goes with a bread dipping set that my son gave me some years ago.  The cork had dried out and needed replaced, but then COVID came and everything was closed down. I put the bottle in a safe place and there it remains. uff

I don't think my husband would have tossed it out.

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Good day buddies,

Nice to see you slept well. May there be many more nights like that!

RnR, enjoy the coming baseball season.

NG,  you were right about the family gathering.  There were a few tears from my aunt 's children and grandchildren of course, but the general mood was one of gratefulness.

Afterwards there was time to talk to eachother and reconnect with people you hadn’t seen in years. How we all have ages...

Except for one uncle! He's now 86 and looks like he's not a day over 70. Amazing

Look on  the bright NG,  the search for the item resulted in clean cupboards! Two birds with one stone.

My sleep wasn't much last night. I had a sore throat and blocked nose. It stopped when it was about time to get up. It figures...

Hopefully you both slept well.

Enjoy this Thursday.

Trochsetter

Good afternoon,

TS, that's too bad you had a sore throat and blocked nose. Indeed somethings do give us pause. Hopefully your nose stays clear all night tonight.  How are you feeling? 

That's great your one uncle doesn't look a day over 70. He's got good genes! 

It is nice to turn something sad into something positive.  I am so glad you were all able to reconnect. 

I slept around 7 hours again. I do get frustrated with all of the wake ups during the night.  I have tried not reading and then towards morning, I give up and pick up the book and read a little more.  I've tried getting up, except to investigate a noise or sound I am not familiar with. 

It is a beautiful day here after some light snow last night.  I went to the car wash and so the car looks great again.

Sleep well,

NG

Hello NG,

Glad to hear you slept some 7 hours. The frequent waking up  isn't great though, to put it mildly. I hope it'll improve with time.

A clean car is giving you a good feeling, I 'm sure. Add to that a beautiful day and you're on top of the world.

I slept  7 hours nonstop!  Felt rested.  More of those please.

Wishing you a fine Friday.

Stay safe.

TS

Good afternoon,

Got around 7 hrs last night.  The cat alarms went off early, but I managed to get a couple more hours of sleep.

Good evening,

R&R, you did well with 7 hours last night.  Nice you could go back to sleep after the cat alarms went off. 

TS, 7 hours of non stop is amazing! I hope you get many more of those non stop nights. 

I slept 7.5 hours last night. Today I went to a memorial service for a long time friend.  I will miss our fun lunches we enjoyed over the years.  I shall especially miss our chats.

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Hi,

RnR, nice to see you slept so well!  Keep it up.

NG,  Sorry to hear you lost a good friend! The older we get, the more people are passing on.

Your sleep was really good! So glad for you.

My sleep was OK last night. I did have a period of light sleep,  but still slept. I woke up shortly after 7 am. A few months ago this would have been breaking news. Lately it happens much more often. So happy about that.

Have a pleasant Saturday.

TS

Good afternoon,

TS, that's great you slept until after 7 am.  I am happy  for you, too. 

My sleep was 7.5 hours. I had some light sleep, also, and a few wake ups. 

We are going over to our son and daughter in law's for some hot wings, later.  I am in charge of making the hot sauce. A good friend of mine, from St. Louis, gave me his recipe years ago and it has always been a favorite with the family. 

Sleep well, everyone.

NG

Good evening,

I got 7.5 hrs of sleep.  Looks like we all did well.  NG, I'm writing this right before dinner and the idea of having hot wings is making me hungry.  I like the chicken at the Wingstop restaurant. 

Hi folks,

Believe it or not, I had chicken for dinner on Saturday too! Telepathy?

RnR,  bon appetit!

NG,  enjoy your evening! 

Glad to see you both had a good night's sleep.  Does us all a world of good.

My sleep was a bit of a mixed bag last night. The first 4 or 5 hours were fine. Then I started coughing for an hour or so, followed by a period of light sleep. But, I do feel rested.

I hope you both have a blessed Sunday.

TS

Good morning,

Let there be chicken! 

R&R, Wingstop has some great chicken wings. 

7.5 hours is mighty fine. 

TS, it would seem like there was some telepathy going on.

Your sleep was a mixed bag.  It is good that you do feel rested. 

Last night not long after I had gone to bed, someone lit some very loud fireworks.  I got up to investigate, as they were close by. The empty home behind us, which is were the noise seemed to come from, had lights on, but that happens frequently. as realtors leave them on after showing the house. There are no window coverings, so it is easy to see if anyone is there. I saw no one.  A large pine tree had fallen onto the house on Christmas eve and is still there blocking the back door.  This is probably not a solvable case. ha

I slept not quite five hours.  Tonight I am hoping for something better. 

Take care,

NG

Hi,

NG, Hope you enjoyed the evening at your son 's.

Fireworks are not the kind of thing you'd expect in the middle of the night. But then again, there's lots of nutters...

Glad to see you still had some decent sleep.

My sleep was OK.  Some 7,5 hours with just the usual bathroom visit.  Woke up just before 7 am.

Have a nice Monday.

TS

Good morning,

TS, I got 7.5 hrs too, but my sleep was broken.  Awoke several times, although I managed to get back to sleep.  Don't feel well rested today.  Oh, well.

Good evening,

R&R another 7.5 hours is great.  That's good you were able to get back to sleep.  Too bad you didn't feel well rested today. 

TS, Not sure what was up with the fireworks.  Some people..

Glad you slept 7.5 hours. 7 is a good wake up time. 

I also slept 7.5 hours. Had my usual wake ups and got back to sleep mostly.

Have a good evening and a good day tomorrow.

NG

[1d...]