Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I am so happy and envious of you rock and roll. I wish I had done like you and researched these drugs before I ignorantly cold turkeyed off. I only took the damn drug for 2 months and didnt realize the long term consequences of going ct. I got about 4 hours last night and I only got that because I took seroquel. I just started taking it 4 weeks ago and I hate the fact that I am taking another drug but without it I will go days with zero sleep and then maybe get 4 or 5 hours after 2 or 3 days of zero. I am just hoping that this will stabilize my sleep and I can come off of it in a few months.

I am so happy and envious of you rock and roll. I wish I had done like you and researched these drugs before I ignorantly cold turkeyed off. I only took the damn drug for 2 months and didnt realize the long term consequences of going ct. I got about 4 hours last night and I only got that because I took seroquel. I just started taking it 4 weeks ago and I hate the fact that I am taking another drug but without it I will go days with zero sleep and then maybe get 4 or 5 hours after 2 or 3 days of zero. I am just hoping that this will stabilize my sleep and I can come off of it in a few months.

Hi Xray,

I can only hope and pray that my good sleep continues.  I'm glad the Seroquel is helping you. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Xray,  Glad to see you back on here! Sorry your sleep is still  bad, but happy for you now that the Seroquel is working! Hopefully you'll be able to catch up on your sleep and can slowly taper off this drug with time.

RnR, nice roll you're on! Keep it up!

I had a little over 8 hours of sleep last night! Wow, no idea where that came ftom! But I 'll take it any night!

Enjoy your Sunday!

TS

My sleep was like that, too, until I started taking Seroquel every night. Don't know if it's just me, but I found I had to take it on a an empty stomach for it to work well. I took it all through my taper and for quite awhile after I finished. Then I tapered off of it. It was an easy taper compared to the benzo. I didn't like adding a drug either, but it was very worth it to get the sleep.

Hey Gardner thanks for the respomse. It really helped ease my mind. Did you taper it slow like a benzo or was it a quicker taper? 

Hi,

Slept some 4,5 hours.

Don't feel well atm. Nausea is back. Muscles hurt. Some anxiety.  Hate it!

TS

I'm sorry that you don't feel well today.  Did you catch the World Cup finals match?  It was surprisingly close.

Sorry to hear this TS. Hope you start to feel better friend. Don't feel bad about taking a little Seroquel Xray. Glad it seems to be helping you a little. I think I got approx. 6 hours last night. Only had to awake once to go to the bathroom. Have a great Monday everyone.

First time posting to this thread. It's day 47 since the end of my taper. I feel like I'm at "peak" insomnia...or at least I hope it's peak. I can't break it down into days because it's more like 36 hours awake, then sleep time varies between 8-12 hours (lucky I'm retired and don't have a set schedule). About a week ago I've added night sweats to the mix, so when I do finally get to sleep I wake up a few hours later anywhere from damp to soaked and have to take a shower and change clothes. I know it's early days, but right now I'd have to rate my sleep as a 0 for terrible.

Greetings everyone,

It is so good to see everyone posting. I'm happy for those who are sleeping and wish a recovery for those who are not.  Remember, it takes time, so hang in there. 

Grungehead, welcome to the group. I am sorry  you are here, but glad you found us. Insomnia is a most difficult place to be, but many of have been there and do understand.  What is good to see is the 8-12 hours you do get. Nice you are retired so you don't have a set schedule.  Night sweats do happen, but like so many of our symptoms, they will go away. 

Your sleep is terrible, but on the plus side, you are sometimes sleeping 8-12 hours with no benzos in your system. That's amazing! You now have 47 days behind  you! . Smile on the good days and don't let the bad days get you down.

AB, the six hours sounds good.

TS sorry to hear the nausea is back along with the painful muscles and anxiety. 

We made it home around 9 pm last night.  The flight was uneventful. 

I slept fairly okay because I took hydroxyzine while at my mothers.  Time to get back off of that. 

The dinner was sweet, as my mother's youngest sister was there with my cousin and his girl friend. 

Mother's old computer finally died while we were there. Hopefully she enjoys the new one that our son set up for her. 

I am happy to be home, again.

NG

@[Gr...]

Glad you made it back home safely NG. Sounds like you enjoyed  the trip.  :thumbsup:  Home is where the heart is as that old saying goes.  :)

Hope you are feeling better TS.

Hope everyone gets a good night of sleep tonight.

Hi everyone,

Grungehead (GH from now on), Glad you ended up here ! It's THE place to get sympathy and support from people that can fully relate to your sleep issues!  Like the others said: It's early days yet. Things will improve!  Time and patience are out best friends!

RnR,  yes, it was a fantastic game. The first 70 minutes were a bit boring, but what happened after that, was unbelievably exciting! Best ever final! I can live with the fact Argentina won.

NG,  truly pleased to see you're back. It sounds like a wonderful trip! Glad you're home again, safe and sound.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I had an eye opener through a post by Gardenguru, in which she mentioned histamine. I suddenly realised I was suffering from an overload of that. I have  had this before. Stopped taking all histamine containing and/or provocing foods straight away. I started to feel a bit better by the end of yesterday!  Muscle tension much more normal, nausea gone, less worried, breathing back to normal.

Slept 6 hours nonstop last night.

It's truly amazing what too much histamine can do to you. So, I 'm going to be on a strict diet for a few weeks. Goodbye Christmas goodies this year!

Hope you all slept well.

Enjoy this Tuesday

TS

Hi,

Guess I'm the last man standing...lol

Sleep was 5 hours last night. Did get some more after 4 am.

Nausea is back again. Feeling rather tired.

Saw the optometrist again yesterday. He managed to improve my sight a little by fiddling about with the frame. Still not ok though.

My neuropathic feet are killing me again. Life is hard at times for some of us.

Sorry for my little rant! It's good to vent at times, right?

Hope everyone is ok.

Trochsetter

Hi TS and everyone,

Sorry to hear about the nausea returning. I hate that feeling. What is the cause of your neuropathic feet TS? What kind of pain is it?

I slept ok last night altho I did not track. I think I got over 6 hours and only awoke once to take my antibiotic. I had my dental implant surgery yesterday and all went well. Now, it is just a waiting game to see if everything heals ok (oseointegration). Fingers crossed!

Enjoy your Wednesday benzo buddies.

Hi all, yesterday was running around catching up on last minute shopping. A deep freeze with snow is coming to town tonight. 

R&R 6.5 hours plus a nap later sounds perfect!

AB, that's great the dental implant is over and you are healing.  My fingers are crossed! Six hours with one wake up is quite good following dental implant surgery. Keep doing what you are doing. 

TS, I am sorry the nausea is back along with the neuropathy pain in your feet. I agree you have been through so much. Our lives can be complicated. 

Hopefully the optometrist can fine tune those frames to a better fit for you. Don't give up!

I slept 8 hours last night. The ringing in my ears seems lighter today. 

Have a good Wednesday.

NG

Hi,

AB,  your sleep was OK. Good! Glad your dental work went well! Hope things will heal soon.

The neuropathic issues started after 10 months on Diazepam and 3 months on Amitriptyline. It started with a funny feeling, like walking on moss o4 memory-foam. That changed to stsbbing pain or having a few pieces of gravel in my shoes

Now it's a burning pain in my big toes and the balls of my feet. But only when I 'm standing or walking. Which is a-typIcal for neuropathy. It gets worse throughout the day.

RnR,  Wow, that's great.  I envy you!

NG, I  read about the cold that's coming your way. Brrrr. Take care!  Glad your tinnitus is a bit better today. Congratulations on your sleep!

The nausea is after waking up and stops after breakfast. It's never bad, but I agree with AB. It's a rotten feeling!

Yesterday I finished the last eye drops. First time in over 1,5 years without having to take them! Wow! Right?

Maybe they caused the nausea. Let's hope so.

Enjoy the remaining part of Wednesday,

Sleep tight tonight!

TS

Thanks RnR....your sleep is still good with 6.5 hours and a one hour nap. It is great you are still sleeping really good.

NG, where did you do most of your Xmas shopping? I have become a bit of a recluse now so I order most things from Amazon. I hate this cold weather. I am ok with all seasons except winter.  :laugh: Eight hours of sleep are fantastic NG. Is the ear ringing an aftermath of benzo w/d?

TS, are you taking anything for the neuropathy? Glad to hear you are done with the eye drops for now. My mother hates them. I have to put them in for her 2X per day for her glaucoma.

Good morning,

Slept 6,5 hours without waking up once.

No nausea this morning, which I am so happy about!

NG,  your sleep was fantastic.  Consider it an early Christmas present. Stay warm now that the big freeze is upon you.

AB,  I don't take anything for it atm. It tried Nortriptyline for a short while last year. It didn't do anything other than make me feel worse. In hindsight,  I was still in the final stages of tapering off Diazepam. So maybe not an ideal situatie. I may try iy again next year.

A friend of mine had surgery to control his Glaucoma. They put in a really soft lens to adjust the pressure. It did the trick for him. He still has to take eye drops though.

Be safe.

TS

Good morning all,

TS, congratulations on the 6.5 hours of solid sleep! Not waking up with nausea is a big plus, also. 

Interesting about the friend who had a really soft lens put in for glaucoma pressure. I have a cousin who is blind in one eye from uncontrolled pressure. I don't know what all was tried. I will ask her about the soft lens next time she texts me. 

AB, I shop a lot on Amazon, also.  Everyone wanted money this year, which was fine with me.  Where I shopped when we returned from my mother's was Sam's Club, which I don't have a membership to, but went with our son and his wife.  I needed crab legs for Christmas eve, since I offered to bring them to our daughter's  for the Christmas eve dinner.  Sam's was cheaper than Costco or Kroger/King Soopers.  The price was still astronomical.

Then we went to Walmart to buy my husband sweat pants and sweat shirts, which is all he has worn for a few years now. Oh, and some slide on suede slippers and Gold toe socks. Walmart had everything he needed.  I wish I was that easy to shop for. 

The ear ringing started the first week of my rapid taper off of clonazepam.  By the time I realized what was goin on and re-upped, it was too late. It then stopped once on a cruise, but returned when we came home and has been with me ever since.  I don't hear as well with the loud, constant ringing. 

My sleep is edging away and was down to five hours last night.  I'll hang in there until it comes back.

Stay warm everyone!

NG

GM Buddies,

TS, Congrats on the 6.5 hours of sleep. That is a pretty good number + no nausea.  :thumbsup:

NG, I usually give money and gift cards and then the person can go out and do the shopping themselves. This has a twofold benefit. I can avoid the crowds which I hate + I don't have to worry about buying a gift that perhaps the person does not want or like.

The tinnitus sounds awful NG. Must drive your brain a little crazy. Is this something that you can get used to or you never get used to it? What kinda sound is it?

Good Friday morning/afternoon everyone,

R&R congratulations on the 7.5 hours of sleep plus the hour nap!

AB, I agree money and gift cards are great gifts. Like you, I dislike crowds and traffic.  They are not places I care to be. 

Mostly I can ignore the tinnitus. At times I hear it loud and clear.  I assumed everyone had it from tapering off of benzos. I am glad you and so many of us don't have it.

The sound is a thin ringing type noise, mainly in my left ear.  I can hear one sound more so over others.  Now and then I will hear a clicking sound. 

The pitch is high.

That's the best I can explain it. ha

My plan is to go to an audiologist next year and see what if anything can be done about this. 

Last night I slept 8 hours, waking up twice! My sleep score was good according to Fitbit!

Today I shall clean the house and bake/make two more Christmas goodies I didn't get done before going to visit my mother.

NG

GM NG and RnR.

Great sleep RnR, plus you got in a nap too. I am jealous.

Sounds very annoying NG. So, you never had a problem like this prior to benzos, correct? 8 hours of sleep sound great. I got in a little over six. I did wake once but was able to fall back asleep within 30 mins.

Happy Friday benzobuddies.

Hi,

Wonderful sleep,  RnR.  Yay!

Not bad, AB. 

Congrats on the 8 hours, NG.  Great stuff. Good luck with the cleaning and baking today. If only you could send some of the goodies through BB.

I have had tinnitus from longer than I can remember.  But it's only very mild, thankfully.

My sleep was 6 hours last night. Too bad the nausea was back. Bought some PPI  today to try to stop my stomach pain.  Great timing to get stomach issues again, with Christmas around the corner, right?  It is what it is.

NG,  I saw your cold weather is leaving in a day or 3. Nice one!

Enjoy Friday.

TS

[77...]