Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

R&R seven hours is quite good. Enjoy your weekend! I slept seven hours also.

TS, I hope your new shoes are feeling better. It sounds like they take getting used to.

How's your sore throat and sinuses? Hopefully they are better.

A few days ago when I flossed my teeth, which I do every day, my left back molar which is covered with a crown, felt like I had just endured a deep cleaning at the dentist.  I wasn't sure what was going on, but was more careful the next day.  The pain was no better and has now moved to my jaw and down my neck. Good grief!  I googled and it sounds like the tooth under the crown is the problem. Everything did well for the last 30 years. I see a few thousand dollars being spent to deal with the tooth and replace the crown. My dentist is closed on Fridays, so I'll call her on Monday and hopefully she will see me in a day or two. My regular 6 month appt. is next month, but I am afraid to wait.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

NG

As for sleep,

[87...]

Mg sleep is extremely disturbed, like clock work, around 1a.m., then 3:30 a.m. with my body temperature going way up followed by severe sweating. Then my brain goes haywire. Last night I had to do 2 guided meditations just to calm down.

Question, for those with body temp issues and sweating: when does that end?! Is it considered “acute” w/d? I feel if I could just get rid of those I would be in a sooooo much better place!

Hi Sugar1, Wow  that's really something else. The waking up, followed by extreme sweating sounds awful! The brain going all over the place sounds even worse. I hope these symptoms are going away asap! Great the meditations worked.

I'm sorry I cant give you any answers to your questions. I recognize the feeling you mention " if only" I  had that also with every new and severe symptom that took centre stage. But what can you do other than just sit it out and hope for better days.

I hope you're going to feel better soon! Hang in there!

RnR,  Congrats on your great sleep!

Ducktales,  so sorry for you. The advise NG gave is really good! I'm sure you'll find others  with similar symptoms! Stay strong!

NG,  thanks. The new shoes and inlays do indeed take time to get used to! Today I had them on for 3 hours. I took a short walk. It felt like I was walking through ankle high mud! I was sure people were watching me thinking I was drunk...I did feel like that too! To be continued.

Sorry you're having issues with your teeth. Sounds like a painful business. And it could be an expensive one as well! Tooth pain is a very nasty one. The pain moving doesn't sound too good. I hope you can get an appointment asap! Putting a clove against it could perhaps lessen the pain somewhat. Hold on.

Hopefully we can all have a pleasant weekend,  despite all the ongoing issues.

TS

Got only 6 hrs. last night.  I just had to stay up to listen to a hockey game in which my St. Louis Blues beat the top-ranking Vegas Golden Knights.

Good Sunday afternoon everyone,

R&R good to hear the St. Louis Blues won! it was worth staying up to watch it happen!

TS hopefully it has been a good day and your shoes are feeling better. One step at a time. 

I had to smile at the vision you gave me of walking through ankle high mud. I've done that on the farm! ha

It's not fun and usually the mud was mixed with other things as we had a cow, cattle, and hogs.  It's not a pretty picture.  I do remember getting bogged down and my dad picking me up and carrying me out of the muck. I still miss him even though it has been 50 years since he died. He was a father I admired and looked up to.

I've been on antibiotics that our dentist gives my husband, as he had a total shoulder replacement 15 or so years ago. He has to take an antibiotic before each office visit.  I've had two knees replaced and don't have to take antibiotics before each dental check up. Not sure I understand why, but I'm okay with that.

Thanks for the clove suggestion! I do have some that I used on Easter hams. Right now the pain is gone, but if it returns, I'll use the cloves.

Sugar1, so sorry to hear you are having such an incredibly rough time. It does sound like acute withdrawal, but do check and see if it is talked about on the protracted site on BB.

Take care everyone,

NG

Hello folks,

My sleep was 6 hours last night. After getting into bed I started coughing and even gagging. . Thankfully it stopped after a while.

I couldn't get back to sleep after waking up around 6. The cold is worse again after it had been away for a few days. This afternoon I'll get a phone call from the hospital giving me the time of the surgery on Wednesday. I do hope the cold is gone again by then.

NG, nice story about your farm adventures! 

I feel what you said about still missing your dad. Mine died 36 years ago, but I still miss him at certain times. It's all part of life.

Hopefully your toothache stays away!

Have a pleasant Monday!

I am getting no sleep at all.  I tried Lunesta and ended up with severe nausea and vomiting.  It helps you to sleep but not worth the side effects.  Has anyone found anything that helps with sleep?  I'm wearing out. 

Hi Hope,

Sorry your sleep is nonexistent at the moment.

All I can say is try to hang in there and wait for better days.

If you can do some moderate exercise it might help. Keeping a normal day and night schedule is also benificial.

Getting out and getting some fresh air and sunshine helps too.

Stay strong! There is hope for recovery!  You picked a great name!

TS

Hi,

Had a phone call from the hospital.  Have to check in at 7.45 am on Wednesday morning. That means getting up at 5,45 and being on the road at 6.30 am. Wow! On the upside I don't have to wait for hours and get increasingly nervous.

Wish me luck if you will.

TS

I’m a serial lurker of this thread and I just wanted to say how great it is to see ur progress over the years. My progress is slow but it’s happening. But to see how bad ur sleep was and now gives me so much hope that mine will be too eventually.

So Thanku!

TS good luck with ur op ❤️🙏🏼

I was so happy to see these posts today! Please come back everyone when you feel like adding another post. 

First, Shayna, good to see you. I always enjoyed your posts. Your slow progress is what gets you to the finish line.  My sleep is better which is all I ever wanted.  Broken sleep is still happening, but perhaps at my age, this is how it will be.  I can handle that. 

TS, I wish you the best on Wednesday.  The early check ins are a bear, but not having to wait is a big plus.  Please let us know how it goes when you feel like it!

Hopeforrecovery, my dermatologist gave me a prescription for hydroxyzine.HCL and told me to take two at bedtime. They work well for sleep, but they do give me a hangover the next day. I am careful as to when I take them, if I have something going on the next morning that I want to be sharp for. 

I feel for you so much.  Not sleeping is so detrimental to our well being.  Time does help to heal our brains, but getting there is an difficult road.  a

I slept around 7 hours last night.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with the dentist for my painful molar. In the afternoon, I see the hand doctor for needling my right hand that has Dupuytren's contracture. I hope it works so I can avoid surgery. 

Take care everyone.

NG

Slept from 10 - 5, had breakfast, and went back to sleep for an hour.  I'll be staying up tonight to listen to the St. Louis Blues play the Colorado Avalanche (is that your team, NG?).

Hi R&R, you did very well with  your sleep and then an hour nap.  Keep it up!

The Colorado Avs are indeed my team! They won the Stanley Cup this year, so hopefully they still have what it take to beat the SL Blues. 

NG

Good morning,

Woke up to it snowing. The snow is lovely until I have to go out and shovel. Actually I don't mind.  I think I shall go look at snow blowers and buy one that doesn't require a lumberjack to run it. 

TS, I am sorry your dad is gone, too.  I agree, there are certain times I think of mine. It is part pf life. 

My fitbit says 8 hours and 15 minutes.

Today I have a dental appointment and later an appointment with my hand doctor. After that I am fitted with a hand brace. I'm excited having my hand back to normal again. 

Take care everyone.

NG

I was so happy to see these posts today! Please come back everyone when you feel like adding another post. 

First, Shayna, good to see you. I always enjoyed your posts. Your slow progress is what gets you to the finish line.  My sleep is better which is all I ever wanted.  Broken sleep is still happening, but perhaps at my age, this is how it will be.  I can handle that. 

TS, I wish you the best on Wednesday.  The early check ins are a bear, but not having to wait is a big plus.  Please let us know how it goes when you feel like it!

Hopeforrecovery, my dermatologist gave me a prescription for hydroxyzine.HCL and told me to take two at bedtime. They work well for sleep, but they do give me a hangover the next day. I am careful as to when I take them, if I have something going on the next morning that I want to be sharp for. 

I feel for you so much.  Not sleeping is so detrimental to our well being.  Time does help to heal our brains, but getting there is an difficult road.  a

I slept around 7 hours last night.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with the dentist for my painful molar. In the afternoon, I see the hand doctor for needling my right hand that has Dupuytren's contracture. I hope it works so I can avoid surgery. 

Take care everyone.

NG

NG ur sleep is so much better and u suffered for a long time so it’s wonderful to see it up around 7 hrs. Sometimes I think maybe 5 hrs is as good as it gets for me too and yes I feel the same, I’m ok with it x ❤️

Have a great day x

R&R, it was worth staying up for to watch the Blues win over the Avs! 6.5 hours isn't bad after staying up late.

Shayna, my sleep is better. Indeed it took a long time to get where I am at. Time helps.

Five hours isn't the best. Hopefully one day you will discover your sleep is getting better.

TS, I hope your surgery goes well today! I'm certainly thinking of you today.

NG

Got 7 hrs. of sleep last night.  We recently bought a Roomba robotic vacuum cleaner.  It is fun to watch as it cleans the floor by itself.  Isn't modern technology amazing? :thumbsup:

Good morning, R&R.

7 hours was a good night. You are doing quite well. 

Congratulations on buying yourself a Roomba! You will enjoy having it clean for you. Have you named it?

I bought one for myself last December. It was my Christmas gift from "Santa." 

It does an amazing job going from room to room.  I love it!

My husband follows it around reporting what it missed. He cannot relax and enjoy this little gift of technology.  I usually have it run when we are not at home.

My sleep was a little over six hours. My hand splint was bothering me some last night. Hopefully I get used to it over the next six weeks. 

TS, I hope your surgery went well. 

Take care,

NG

Good morning, R&R.

7 hours was a good night. You are doing quite well. 

Congratulations on buying yourself a Roomba! You will enjoy having it clean for you. Have you named it?

NG

Yes, we named it Creature.  It's funny that your husband likes to follow yours around. :laugh:

Hello

I'm back.

The surgery went well. There was a small and short internal bleeding,  but it stopped real quickly.

Back home I developed a nasty headache. Uff. Then nausea set in. In comes in waves.

They put air in my eye. This is going to dissolve in about 10 days. I can hardly see anything through the air. Just like with gas.

This morning I had a first check. Turns out my eye pressure is extremely low! So I have to double the use of one of the 3 different eye drops.  An extra check next week.

This all made me become very anxious!  A classic anxiety attack! Uff.again. So I had a bad day. Last night sleep was until 2.30. After that is was so so.

Hoping for better times!

Shayna, nice to hear from you again!

NG,  I hope your visit to the dentist went well. The same goes for the needling.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Not sure when I 'll be back on here. Only having one "good" eye makes life difficult.

Trochsetter

TS, it was good to see you back.  You have so much going on.  Take care of yourself first and come back when you are better. 

Hope the headache and nausea are gone along with the anxiety.  Sleep will get better. 

R&R, creature is a good name. I just call mine, "she" but tossed around the name Fabio and then tossed that out.  ha

I slept around 6 hours last night.

It has been snowing here all day and only 20 some degrees out.  I cancelled my dental appointment as the streets were slick this morning.  I'll go in next Monday. 

Take care everyone,

NG

Where did everyone go? Thanksgiving is coming up so perhaps that explains it. 

I slept an hour and a half. My husband is not doing well so I was up with him. It was a long night.

He is a little better today.

I'm a mess. 

Tomorrow I see what is under the tooth crown I'm having problems with.  I've been on antibiotics for soon a week. 

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

NG

[a1...]