Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good to hear you got in some good quality sleep TS.

I would forget about trying to sue drug Companies and Doctors over benzos...too much stress and you are unlikely to prevail anyway. Just get off the drugs, try to heal, warn and help others, and move on with your life.

7.5 hours is really good RnR. Maybe, you were lacking in the quality dept.

Have a great Monday everyone. I think I got in a little over 6 hours last night.

Good day all,

AB, six hours isn't too bad.

I agree, the stress of a lawsuit would be so overwhelming.  Like you, my goal was to get off of benzos and heal.  All of my family and friends know what I went through. Hopefully I have saved others from going through what I went through. 

Justintime, I feel for you what you went through with trying to sue. Glad you made it out of that.  Take care of yourself and  know you did the right thing.

R&R 7.5 and an hour nap is good. Like you, I don't often feel rested when I get up. Maybe one day.

TS, the physical therapy can be daunting and painful. Tomorrow will hopefully be better for you, pain wise. 

7 hours of sleep was good.  Too bad about the nausea. It is good that breakfast helps it to go away.

Rain and wind does sound awful and even worse when you go out in it.  Hopefully the sun comes out and shines on you.

I slept 4 hours and 45 minutes.  I'm tired and my ears are screaming.  Tomorrow and through the rest of the week we are getting snow. Hopefully they are wrong about the ten inches. 

NG

Antibenzo7,

I think I know what you mean, but it's not necessarily that we are unlikely to prevail. The main issue is that you need to be highly experienced in court procedures in order to prevail, and most Average Joe's like myself aren't able to properly defend themselves in a complex federal court case. Most attorneys won't take these types of cases either, meaning that you will be a pro se litigant like me.

Now if you even make it as far as I made it, you start getting standing orders from the judge. And then the next thing after the standing order is setting dates for discovery. During the waiting period on discovery, the judge gives the defendant a chance to respond to the complaint, and this is where most court cases get thrown out from the start. Even if you are good enough to make a bulletproof complaint that can't be dismissed by the defendant, you still have to prove your complaints with evidence that the judge will allow, which is another hurdle.

I got past the first couple hurdles, but then I didn't know which options to select on the federal Pacer system, such as praecipe for motions, motion to respond, response to motion, etc... there's so many options on the website that it gets really confusing. If you choose the wrong option, the case can get dismissed based on that alone. The judge can also hit you with fines if they're an a$$.

I started asking the judge if I could get a court appointed attorney because I felt like I was in it too deep and didn't understand, and they said "it looks like you are articulating just fine, and don't ask the court for any assistance again". And then the next thing I did wrong, was I uploaded all of my exhibits before discovery in response to the defendant's motion, and the judge got really upset that I uploaded 27 documents to the court prior to discovery, and warned me again.

And then the next thing I knew, the defendant was trying to get my case dismissed and ask the court for fee shifting, which means if the judge had allowed the case to be dismissed with prejudice, I could have been countersued for the court costs and lawyer fees.

That's the other issue with court, if your case gets dismissed with prejudice then you can never sue them again. All it takes is one slight mistake in your paperwork or one date to be wrong or location or name or letter or whatever else, and then you lose your rights basically.

In my opinion the whole entire court system is a joke, it was created by individuals to be a certain way, and I believe the court keeps it that way on purpose to keep certain individuals from filing lawsuits. I mean if it wasn't that way, then why else wouldn't the courts provide free civil representation, just like they do with criminal? I'm assuming it's because everybody would start getting litigation happy, although I don't think it's okay to silence people with ridiculously complicated systems that no one understands either, because that means essentially you are violating everyone's rights that doesn't have the ability to hire legal representation.

I wonder when this whole entire global hierarchy is going to be broken apart? With all of these countries in the world, you would think the majority of the population would have put a stop to this hierarchy status with only the select few controlling everyone, but apparently not.

Good morning,

My sleep was 6,5 hours and fairly light . I did feel rested though. And a bonus, no pain or nausea! 

The muscle pain had gone in the afternoon,  so I didn't overdo it. Which is a bit in my character to be honest. I was given instructions  only to do the exercises twice a week. And so it shall be done...

Justintime,  Court cases are stessful and totally useless imo. At least they are overhere. There is hardly a person that ever wins. The large companies have all the time and money in the world to delay these court cases indefinitely. NG and AB gave you the best possible advice. Get off the poison and try to move on with your life.

Nice weather today! The sun is out! And me too, going for a walk and a bike ride.

Have a pleasant Tuesday.

TS

Good morning,

TS 6.5 hours was good, but the light, not so much. At least you feel rested and the pain and nausea are gone!

Keep following the PT's instructions. Twice a week sounds doable.

Enjoy your walk and bike ride.

Justintime, you are so right about the judicial system working against people like us.  The entire system does seem to be a joke. I don't see it ever changing, but perhaps one day. 

My sleep is still off. I slept a little over five hours.  I do have a lot on my mind that I have trouble turning off to sleep.

NG

I agree, getting good sleep and being happy and healthy is the most important. We were already robbed a few years of our lives, so hopefully the remaining years will be a lot better.

Hi,

Sorry your sleep isn't that great atm, NG.  Having a lot on your mind surely doesn't help. Hopefully things are going to improve asap.

Justintime,  great summary. Move on and try to enjoy life. Not always so easy to do, though.  At times anyway. But the credo must remain: " This too shall pass!"

My sleep was another 6,5 hours.  Not bad. But still I wake up too early and am not able to go back to sleep. I hope this will happen once the Paxil is fully working in a few weeks from now.  Time will tell.

We had lovely weather yesterday!  Sunshine like it was going out of fashion. Even did a little " sunbathing". The bike ride was very nice as well. Frost at night, but above freezing in the daytime. Roll on Spring...lol

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

TS

Hello,

I think I got about 4 hrs last night, thanks to a sinus infection that kept me awake with face pain, a sore throat, and coughing.  Oh, well, this too shall pass..

Good day all,

R&R, sorry to hear you are sick.  I hope you recover soon.

Justintime, 7 hours is good. Keep it up.

TS, 6.5 is quite okay.  Hopefully the Paxil starts working soon. 

Your lovely weather and enjoying the sun sounds wonderful. You even went on a bike ride!

I slept a little over five hours.  This too shall pass.

We have had close to 10 inches of snow since last night and it is still snowing.  It's a winter wonderland out there. I shoveled part of the driveway that the neighbor's snow blower did not reach and then made a path through the back yard to fill a bird feeder. 

Take care everyone,

NG

Good evening everyone.

I got a little over 6 hours last night. I took a nap this afternoon so I don't know how that will impact my sleep tonight. Ugh!

Sorry to hear about the sinus infection RnR. Hope you recover quickly.

7 hours of sleep is great @ JustInTime.

You should build a snowman NG, take a pic, and post for all of us to see. :laugh:

Nice to see you too TS.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread right now, I'm actually reading between the lines. It's pretty amazing that we all just went through literal hell, as in the worst life can possibly get for some of us, and now you guys are riding bicycles around and enjoying deep snow and talking about taking naps and getting more sleep at night. Think about how different things are now compared to what they were before.

I'm actually doing pretty decent right now as well, I'm just winding down for the night and reading, and it's 8:00 p.m. and I'm starting to get sleepy almost as if it's a normal day outside of benzo withdrawal, this hasn't happened in forever.

I keep hoping that I will be one of those select few that wakes up with no withdrawal symptoms, like the people who heal in their sleep and wake up 100%. I got lots of exercise outside today, and I ate some really good healthy food from the farmers market, so hopefully that will make for a good night's sleep.

Good morning all,

What a sweet surprise I had this morning when I logged on. I am proud to be a part of this benzo group and want to thank AntiBenzo7 for starting this thread. 

It was such a good idea at the time when I was struggling and still is when insomnia flares up, again.

AB, you really are kidding when you state I should build a snowman..lol

Actually, I thought about it. haha

If my grand children weren't past the age of having fun in the snow, I would enlist them to help, but they are too busy with their school and lives. 

I might be good for a snow angel, but then I could not get back up again. LOL

Six hours of sleep was not bad. Hopefully the nap did not impact your sleep last night. 

Justintime, yout brought such a calm, refreshing feeling for me when I read your post this morning. Thank you. 

Indeed we did go through the worst possible time in our lives  The fact that we survived and are here to write about our daily lives and the ups and downs of sometimes not sleeping or feeling well, is a testament to what BB and the amazing people brought together, can do for each other.

We are survivors.

It is a great feeling when we feel normal, again. 

The daily exercise does so much for our minds and bodies along with eating healthy. You've got this!

I slept a little over six hours.  I've been dealing with my mother's continual decline as well as my husband's.  I picture these two locomotives heading for each other and the ensuing head on crash.  I hope I am strong enough to pick up the pieces and move on. 

NG

Progress is a good thing, you are welcome. And yes, the good sleep and good food and exercise is all the stuff that my grandparents used to tell me is important, little did I know those three things are basically the key to life.

NG, sorry about the potential train wreck on the way, although I try to look at those types of things as part of life. Spouses come and go, kids grow up, parents leave, injuries happen, etc. I don't know where benzo withdrawal falls into this part of life, but it happened to all of us regardless. The important thing is that we keep living the good parts of life and not dismissing the good.

Last night I got almost 12 hours of sleep, I think it's a new record for me. I went to sleep around 8:00 p.m. if I remember correctly, and then woke up a few times but went back to sleep. Now the sun is coming up and I'm just getting up like I'm supposed to, maybe my circadian rhythm is finally back after months and months of being nocturnal.

I am also sorry about the eventual trainwreck that will occur at some point in time NG. I think we are all faced with these trainwrecks at some time or another in our lives. I know my mother's health is getting worse and worse but I will continue to do what I can for her until her last breath or until my last breath.

12 hours is great JustInTime. That is a record. Have you ever slept this long before? No matter what, I try to exercise at least once per day on my stationary bike. I sometimes get in two 20 min sessions, morning and night.

My diet "was" pretty good but I will admit I have been slipping a lot lately. I need to get back on track. LOL

6 hours is good NG. I got about 6 also.

Have a great Thursday everyone. NG, how old is your mother again? Mine is 79.

Yeah my parents are in their 70s as well, and all of my grandparents have already died. I've got one sibling and one cousin left, and we are the remaining ones. My family is pretty accepting of what's to come because we all know our time is limited, so we try to disregard stuff that's not important, and try to make the best out of our good times.

Yes I think that 12 hours is my record, I can't remember a time in my life where I've ever slept that long before. I think it was 12 hours at least, although it might have taken an hour or so before I was into a deep sleep, and I know I woke up a couple times in the middle of the night but didn't time them.

I'm actually pretty sure I'm going to be healed within the next couple months, because this is exactly what started to happen around 16 months. I was getting sleepy at night time and having good night sleep, and then I was waking up in the morning with sweaty palms and lots of tension. Within the next couple months after that and before 18 months, I was bordering 100% healed. But due to my own ignorance and experimenting with different substances to get rid of the remaining symptoms, I knocked myself back into acute and had to start over.

This time around, I'm only eating organic and I don't eat any sugar, and I'm not taking any Pharmaceuticals and I'm not experimenting with any more cannabinoids or anything else. I will know whether or not I'm almost healed again if my morning tension and morning sweaty Palms start to go away and my body starts to relax again like it did at 18 months.

Yeah the tension is one of the hardest parts of withdrawal for me, not because of mental symptoms or anything scary like anxiety or whatever else, but because I've injured myself several times throughout this process.

I've pulled muscles in my feet a couple times already over the course of the last few years, I actually injured my leg by tearing a muscle, I've had seizures back in 2016 when I came off of benzos due to the tension in the back of my neck, and I even pulled a muscle in my shoulder because I pulled my arm the wrong way while it was really tense. You have to be super careful, otherwise you can injure yourself really easily during benzo withdrawal.

The weird thing about the tension is that it can be at night time, or it can be in the morning, but it's usually not both. Some call it physical waves, some call it tension, but usually it's related. I know whenever I wake up with tension or physical waves, I have to wait several hours for it to pass before I go for a walk. If I go walking too soon before letting the physical wave wear off, I always end up hurting my feet.

Hi everyone,

Wow, what a lot of fantastic postings atm. Great to read through them. So much stuff I can relate too.

My night was awful, to put it mildly. Woke up at 3,30am. Lots of pain. It's muscle tension, like some of you mentioned.

Got up to take some Paracetamols. They hardly did anything.  A long hot shower and breakfast did the trick!

Enjoy your Friday.

TS

Greetings all,

TS, you did have a rough night. So glad to hear the long hot shower helped along with breakfast! 

Justintime, Indeed muscle and tendon injuries seem to happen a lot to us during withdrawal.  I learned exercise less is better.

Muscle tension ruled my body during withdrawal and recovery.  Now it is mostly gone, but it came back this week, though less than it used to be.  Add some stress to my life and there it is, again. I am sorry your feet are having problems. 

AB, trainwrecks do happen in life. When I was young I could deal with it and be back to normal in a day or two. I suppose the problems are getting bigger as life moves on. 

You are a wonderful being there for your mother.  She is blessed.

My mother is 103. I can't imagine being that old. The brain and body are wearing out so much by then. She takes no prescription meds and never has. 

I slept 5 hours last night.

NG

Interesting how both of you mentioned breakfast and hot showers getting rid of tension, it works for me as well. Almost anytime I eat a good meal and take a long hot shower, I also do better mentally because I believe tension is in our brains as well. If I had to guess, it's almost as if our bodies are trying to squeeze out toxins and purposely tensing up to eliminate them. Maybe our bodies are still detoxing possibly, otherwise why would they keep tensing up?

You had also mentioned how stress makes the body tense, I think it falls along the same lines of our bodies trying to get rid of something. Think about wringing out a sponge or a towel, the tension gets rid of the remaining water. Maybe our brains and muscles are wringing out our muscles trying to get rid of toxins.

Hello,

Justintime,  interesting theory! Could be you have a good point there.

My idea is that the whole body becomes as small as possible,  just like when you tighten up after a very close flash of lightning and wait for the thunderclap. It's something to do with fear and anxiety imho. Let's hope it all goes away some day.

I slept some 6,5 hours last night with one bathroom break.  Woke up around 6 am. Felt extremely tired. Crazy, right.? A little nausea but more stomach pain set in. Plus the headache was back. I'm sure it's side effects of the Paxil i've started taking again.

Hopefully everybody slept well.

Have a sunny Saturday.

Trochsetter

Good afternoon everyone,

You both make good points concerning tension. It makes sense.

TS, 6.5 hours wasn't bad with one bathroom break.  The tiredness, nausea and stomach pain, plus the headache wasn't good at all. Uff

I hope your body adjusts to the Paxil soon.

Like Justintime, a hot shower is so relaxing along with a good breakfast. It is a great mental break!

Wringing out the muscles to rid us of stress and toxins sounds spot on.

I slept 7 hours, though last night it seemed like I was awake more than that. My deep sleep is still way off. 

Sleep well,

NG

Good Sunday morning,

NG,  7 hours of sleep sounds great,  but no two nights of 7 hours sleep are the same. You can feel restored after 5 hours and dea tired after 7. Like you mentioned,  the amount of deep sleep makes all the difference.

My sleep was 6 hours and a bit last night. But I felt good after waking up! No issues with nausea or pain. So happy about that.

I got my new glasses yesterday.  Things look very promising. The funny thing is I can read better through my "distance" glasses than  my brand new "reading" glasses. But I'm not complaining, I like it this way.

Sight isn't excactly like it used to be,  but hey, what can you expect after so many issues.  It's going to take some getting used to these new glasses, but for now I feel really good about it!

We had lovely weather yesterday,  sun from dawn till dusk  with barely any wind. Meanwhile the biggest part of the country had fog or snow. Took a nice  bike ride, as one does in situations like these. Lol.

I feel my body is adjusting to the Paxil. I started low and slow, just like during the taper of Diazepam. Ugg, that name alone makes me feel sick...

Enyou your Sunday.

TS.

My sleep has been really bad again, I only got about 2 hours of sleep and can't go back to sleep. I've had ongoing stress due to incompetent landlords, and these issues with my landlord alone are causing sleep problems.

I like that concept you mentioned about our body is getting as small as possible as a fear response, I guess that's possible. Kind of like a turtle goes into its shell when under threat.

Paxil was the first medication I ever tried when I was a teenager over 20 years ago, I did horrible on it and had some extremely bad side effects. I hope the medication helps you, it did the opposite for me unfortunately.

[0d...]