Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi,

R&R 7 hours is great!

Enjoy the nice day in St. Louis.

I slept a little over 6 hours.

Our temps are the same as yours.  The sunshine is a welcome sight with all the snow still on the ground.

Take care,

NG

Hi all,

Nice to see some good amounts of sleep.

Well done with the doorbell,  NG!  Is there anything this woman cannot do!?

I didn't sleep well two for nights in a row. I wake up around 4 or 5 am and can't get back to sleep. Then the pain kicks in.

The PT went ok. But the next day everything hurt like I had been run over by a train. I stayed inside and tried to relax .

I'm not feeling well atm. Could be I am going to have the flu. Hope it goes away soon.

Have a nice day.

TS

I've been getting really bad sleep over the last few days, nothing more than a couple hours at a time. I keep waking up around 3:00 a.m. and not being able to go back to sleep until the next night, almost like closer to the beginning.

Good morning everyone,

Justintime, I am sorry you are not doing well sleep wise.  Whatever is going on seems to be going around. Not sure what's happening with us. 

Hopefully this goes away soon and we get back to sleeping again.

TS, thank you for the compliment. I use google frequently for help in figuring things out.  The router suggestion did work!

As for climbing up on ladders and up on the roof to put Christmas lights up, I stopped doing that a few years ago because heights do make me shaky and sometimes dizzy.  We live in a ranch house, so it's not terribly high and I can clip the lights on standing on a ladder, but the heavy extension cord has to lay on the roof and it's not easy to get it tossed up there.

Sorry about your bad nights and then the pain kicking in.

The PT was definitely hard on you. I hope the pain from that goes away soon. 

I am hopeful you don't have the flu. :(

Last night I slept 3 hours and 45 minutes. There was no reason for my sleeplessness as I didn't sleep all that well the night before. 

Now it is snowing. Yesterday the sun finally melted the snow off of our roof. The surrounding snow on the ground and the roof for the last few weeks caused our home to feel like an ice box.  We have fairly new insulation in our attic, but it felt like there was none up there. 

I hope everyone sleeps better tonight.

NG

I know the feeling all too well with ladders, I had to stand on one a couple weeks ago and I was shaking as well. I'm not sure why I don't like ladders, because I can stand on really high rooftops and bridges without being afraid of heights.

I went through the same thing with the sleep, I didn't sleep much the previous couple nights either. I thought that maybe I just had one or two bad nights of sleep, and now it's turning into a week or two of it.

Strange how we are all going through this at the same time, when we don't even live close by.

Hi,

Justintime,  you hit the nail on the head.  We all go through these sleep fases at different times no matter where we live. I remember a full moon last autumn  where we all slept bad!

Hopefully we're all going to sleep better again soon.

My sleep was really OK last night. I slept 3 hours, woke up around 2 am, went to the bathroom and back to sleep right after that. Woke up at 6 am. So, 7 hours of restoring sleep!  And hardly any pain until I got up.

So a different optometrist this morning. He did an extensive series of tests. And, he fixed my problem as much as is possible!  Getting new glasses (again! ) and reading glasses as well,  which is a first for me.  So maybe, for an extra 1600 Euro I can have much better vision again soon. Fingers and toes crossed.

No ladders or hights for me too! Could well be the  benzos have permanently messed up our balance. I'm shopping around for extra Solar panels atm, but no way am I getting up on my roof with those people.

Wishing you all a pleasant Thursday.

TS

Good day all,

R&R, the 7 hours was good.  Too bad the cat was hogging the bed.  They like to be cozy!

TS, it was a full moon here, but no longer. It could have something to do with our sleep disturbances.

You did quite alright with 7 hours of sleep and hardly any pain. 

The new glasses sound good! The money sounds well spent. 

Fingers and toes crossed!

Benzos might have something to do with the fear of heights, but for me it was that way long before benzos crossed my lips.  I just knew my limits.

The extra solar sounds nice.  Our kids have it, but I can't rationalize the investment at my age.  Maybe I should look into it a little more and do that math.

Justintime, that's good that high rooftops and bridges don't bother you. I'm okay if I feel safe. It's the fear factor of falling that kicks in when I am on a ladder or at the edge of a roof.  Looking back, I don't remember having that fear as a child. 

Maybe TS is right and the benzos did change my brain.

I slept around 7 hours, so I'm happy.

NG

Yeah I'm pretty sure that benzos made it a lot worse somehow, because I used to be somewhat okay with ladders as well. Actually I was on a ladder the other week, first time in decades. I'm almost 4 years out on my withdrawal now, so maybe that's why I was able to get on a letter again. Although it wasn't easy, my legs started shaking because I was afraid of standing on there and taking a picture of a heater on the ceiling to get the barcode and the serial number, and I felt like I was going to fall.

Now if I had been standing on a steady platform and taking a picture instead, I probably would have felt really stable. But even with that, I've noticed that my balance is way off these days and I think it's because of the benzos. Like if I'm standing on my feet and looking up at the ceiling, I start to sway side to side or back and sometimes I almost fall just from standing there and looking up.

Hello,

RnR,  your sleep is fantastic!  Keep it up, whatever you're doing. 

NG,  Congrats on your 7 hours as well!

My sleep is getting worse by the week. Woke up after 4,5 hours. No way in the world I could get back yo sleep.  Weird headache,  muscle pain,  some nausea  thrown in for good measure. Neuropathic pain has been getting  worse lately,  so I saw my GP and asked him for Paxil again. Something has to be done and it worked well for sleep and neuropathic pain in the past. So, for better or worse, here I go again.

I hope everyone slept well.

TS

Good Afternoon Benzo friends,

My sleep has been a little erratic as of late. Good to hear your sleep is still good RnR. I hope the paxil helps you TS. Chronic pain sucks. I think I got about 5 or 5 hours last night but the quality was very poor.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.

Hi all,

AB, my sleep is also erratic and poor, also. Last night I was disturbed by a light outside at around 11 pm, so I got up to investigate.  Our back yard spotlights were on, so I went to the garage and turned them off. My husband thinks he bumped the switch last night.  Sleep did not want to return after that. I took two hydroxyzine and finally slept. I use that drug for a crutch. It takes away my deep sleep and my tinnitus is worse, so I should lose that pill bottle.

Hopefully things will get better for us.

TS, sorry to hear your sleep is getting worse.  4.5 hours is not much then add headache, muscle pain and nausea in with it along with the neuropathic pain, no wonder you are awake. 

I wish you well with taking Paxil.

Justintime, I am glad you figured out a way to safely take a picture of the barcode. What you are going through is exactly like what I have going on.  I wonder if it will ever go away. 

I wish us all a lovely weekend.

NG

Hello,

It seems most of us are going through a bad sleep fase. What can  you do about it?  Just sit it out and wait for  better nights.

NG,  you want to get rid of the hydro, but then again you don't.  It's a tough one, right?

I know the feeling.  Most people would kill for a good night's sleep,  in a matter of speaking.

My sleep was a little better,  but not much. I woke up early, I guess, I didn't want to check my watch. Sleep didn't return, but I felt less upset about it. 

I may have been hit  by the flu, but without the coughing etc. I'm going to have to take it easy for a day or two, three,...,... 

After a long,  hot shower and some  breakfast, life isn't too bad atm.

Enjoy your weekend.

TS

TS, indeed it is a tough one concerning the hydroxyzine. 

Last night I slept 8.5 hours taking nothing. It was quite nice.

You may have the flu. A good idea to take it easy for now. 

The hot shower and breakfast sounds so very nice.

Hopefully you sleep better tonight.

NG

Hello,

NG, 8.5 hrs is very good.  Way to go!  I got 6.5 hrs and then a 1-hr nap.  Weather has gotten a bit colder again but no snow or ice.

Good morning,

NG,  that was a wonderful night!  So happy for you!

RnR,  6,5 hours is great.

My night was a bit different than usual. I didn't fall aslerp quickly like I normally do,  but had a few dreams ( so probably light sleep). I woke up around 1 am. After a pee went straight to sleep.  :thumbsup: Woke up slowly just after 6 am, so 5 hours of quality sleep. 

Stayed in bed until the alarm sounded. No more sleep but no misery either.

Feeling much better again after the flu like Friday and partly Saturday. Must have been some kind of "technical issue". Lol.

Visited my aunt. She was very happy to see me after I hadn’t been  on Saturday.

We're having awful weather atm. Storms and rain galore!  Yuck! Did manage a walk during a short dry spell.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Trochsetter

Good day all,

R&R your six and a half hour sleep plus the hour nap was good!

It's good you have not had any snow or ice lately.

TS,  your comment about a technical issue gave me a smile. A nice way to start the day.

Your sleep sounded wonderful once you got there. 

How nice you were able to visit your aunt.  Your visit brightened her day!

The weather is quite awful there. Is it common to have rain and storms this time of year? 

I slept 3 hours and 44 minutes.  Perhaps I had slept so well the night before, that was all I needed. 

We are to get some snow later today.  I brought some firewood in yesterday, so we can have a cozy fire this evening. 

Have a good Sunday.

NG

I wanted to address something that most of us are familiar with, it happened to me last night and now I'm stuck in it. You know how if you get woken up in the middle of the night during benzo withdrawal, that your muscles are tense and you get the generator noises in your brain, and it feels as if you still have a certain percentage of your sleep to get complete? Or in other words, if you sleep 2 or 3 hours, you know the only way you're going to feel decent is if you get the remaining few hours?

So this is my current predicament, last night I got about 7 hours of sleep from 6:00 p.m. until about 1:00 a.m. and then laid back down in bed to get the remaining portion of my sleep finalized so to speak. I couldn't go back to bed, and now my muscles are so tense that it feels like laying down the wrong way could snap a back muscle or like walking, snap some feet muscles or something.

Now my palms are sweaty, and they won't stop sweating. Now my stomach is growling as if it desperately needs food, even though I just ate. And now my muscles have contracted about the same amount as if I were to force myself to stay up for several days during benzo withdrawal, only I haven't been up for several days.

Does anyone else have this issue if they stay up too long without sleeping for several days? For example, if you were to stay up for 3 days straight, would you have all of the contracted muscles and sweaty Palms like myself? The only other time this has happened to me is whenever I actually literally stay up for several days, so that's why I'm hoping I'm not just stuck in this randomly until the next time I go to sleep or even worse, just for no reason.

The similar predicament has happened a few times to me over the course of the last few months. I feel as if my benzo withdrawal keeps getting stuck, instead of my brain doing what it's supposed to and recovering. I'm not taking any medications, I'm eating 100% organic and quality food from the farmers market, and I've got a comfortable bed with clean sheets, and my home is dark and quiet like it's supposed to be. I'm still exercising, I'm still going for long walks, so due to the fact that I'm 3 1/2 years out, I'm just not sure what changed or why.

Hi Justintime,

Your predicament  sounds horrible.  I don't know what to say about it, other than: no, I never felt this way,  thank the Lord.

I do have too much tension in my leg and arm muscles quite often,  but nothing like this.

I hope things are going to get better for you real soon!

Stay strong, friend!

TS

Justintime, I used to think I had stiff body syndrome after I finished my taper from Clonazepam.  It was an awful feeling, so I know what you mean.  It did go away, but I don't remember when.  It has been a few years and a plus that I can't remember when, exactly. I think it was a slow process. 

I did have loud banging noises in my brain. Almost like an explosion.

No sweaty palms, but the growling/rumbling stomach happened quite often after I had eaten.

I don't stay up for three days or two days. I'm in bed reading a book by 9 pm and then do my talk down and pressure points and drift quickly off to sleep.

Then I wake up after an hour or two. I may or may not go right back to sleep and if I do, it is another hour or three before I wake up and the process starts again.

This may be my new normal, but I am hopeful I will eventually go back to somewhat normal sleeping during the night. 

You are doing all of the right things, so hang in there and know that eventually this will be a fading memory. 

NG

Thanks, yeah I'm thinking it's probably like a physical wave instead of one of the normal psychological waves. I used to get really bad benzo stiffness in the mornings and it would start to dissipate near the afternoon, so I'm thinking it's probably the same thing but just out of the blue and random this far out.

Justintime,

I feel like you are having a physical wave.

We were both on clonazepam for a long time, so I feel our withdrawal symptoms last longer than those who took the drug less years.

I stopped reading the success stories, as most people were through their withdrawal symptoms long before I was.  I still have not written one, as my insomnia and tinnitus are still an issue. 

The road is long and difficult, but hopefully one day this will all be behind us.

As for suing the doctors and or drug companies, I've not heard of anyone who has.  I used to think about it, but no longer do.

NG

Hi,

Last night I slept some 7 hours, which is great for me at the moment. It was good quality sleep too.

Woke up around 6.30 am. Couldn't get back to sleep and felt some nausea after a while. After breakfast it was gone.

Saw my PT this morning. Did some muscle strenghtening exercises.  Now it hurts. O well, all for the good cause, right?

Still rainy and windy. NG,  this is kinda normal overhere during the winter months, but lately it's been a bit much...

From tomorrow it's getting colder. Nights below freezing and days just above. Could well be the sun is coming out again. That would be nice.

Enjoy your Monday

TS

Good Morning,

TS, 7 hrs is a good sleep.  Keep it up.  I hope your muscles get used to your PT sessions.

I got 7.5 hrs last night and then a 1 hr nap and yet I still feel tired.  Maybe the quality of my sleep last night was lacking.

Nightengale,

I sued my doctor in June. I ended up voluntarily dismissing my federal complaint due to stress. It's harder than people realize, due to court rules more so than the lawsuit reasons. The court's Pacer system is complex, and the federal judge warned me a couple times not to ask for assistance again (rude judge) so I figured dropping it before I get hit with fee shifting was a wise decision.

[3f...]