Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

3 broken hrs most nights for over 3 years. If I sleep 4-5 broken hrs that’s a very good night. Severe headpain scalppain body pain and tinnitus

This is the last day of my 7 day cruise.  i average 2 to 3 hours of sleep each night.  I wish it was better.  Seeing the whales made it worth it.  I'm ready to be home. 

Ptsdmiracle, that crazy REM is the story of my life for the last year... I got a few hours scattered, 3 am wake up wide awake. Too much exercise threw me off.

Dbm,

When will it end???

Yah I found that exercise created too much cortisol and adrenaline for me as welll so I only do walks now.

Not soon enough... Nothing worse than “sleeping” all night to wake up feeling like you didn’t get a wink. I’d rather just be up maybe. It’s nuts.

Got about 2 hours last night. Feel fine this morning, though. Hopefully I start to have 3+ hour nights more regularly. I’ve had I think 4 of them in the last week and a half, and I feel much better after them.

8 hours but ALL REM SLEEP and crazy vivid dreams.

Ptsdmiracle, I cannot reply to your PM. I committed some infraction and they took away my ability to PM.

But I do want to help you, so I hope you read this!

Benzo wd is terribly difficult for some people. It feels so wrong, so scary and just so darn weird, one cannot help but think they are "stuck" in that hell.

I most definitely did heal but it took a bit over 3 years. Well worth the wait. Once I healed I found myself to be so much healthier and so much happier...it really staggered my mind to get that benzos has caused almost ALL of my old problems. I find that extremely disturbing. I now understand that what caused my old problems was tolerance withdrawal. And getting off benzos and finally healing was the absolute BEST thing I ever did.

I often liken bwd to being some really weird and difficult maze. You wander around, desperate to find the way out and no matter what you do, you cannot find that way out. No wonder you are frightened! You feel trapped in the awful maze. You keep stumbling on, trying this or that to ease your pain, but nothing helps a bit. You start to assume you are stuck in that maze forever.

But you aren't. Once your  brain begins to really heal itself, everything starts to fall into place, and voila! You found the end of that awful maze.

Just keep on going, Ptsd. You can do this. If I can, anyone can.

east (Annie)

3 hours...maybe. My legs are so jumpy at night since I returned home from Alaska. They were also jumpy on the trip. 

Hopefully this goes away. I did eat a handful of peanut M&Ms yesterday. Seriously, the cruise ship does overload us on food. The reason is an empty stomach is more likely to get sea sick. Anyway, I "tried" to eat healthy but did drink some champagne. Home again and back to eating like I should except for the M&Ms.

Lay in bed for 10hrs, sleep 30 minutes.  Getting old fast.  10wks of no drugs in a couple days. When can I expect to sleep more than 6 to 8hrs per week? Killing me.

A little over 4 hours. My heart hasn’t been racing in bed the past few nights, which is nice. Today is the last full day of my vacation, so I’m glad that I got a bit more sleep than usual. That should allow me to enjoy it more. Tomorrow will be spent on the road mostly, and then I’ll be back to the drudgery of school and work again. Not really looking forward to that, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

1... It's 4 am now and I haven't had one second of shut eye. Since beginning of June I was getting 0-2 hours a night with some nights of 4/7 in between. Two weeks ago I started sleeping better, 5/7 hours, and it was great. Today it seems it's going to be nothing or very little. I feel comforted that I'm not the only one.

I believe I slept around five hours of broken sleep last night after I gave this a try:

The dreams were fairly vivid when I did sleep.

Woke up with a headache this morning, which typically happens when I get more than four hours of sleep.

[9f...]