Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I wondered if any of you could advise or help me. Since hitting this new dip I have had little to no sleep. None last night.

I am stuck on my taper and struggling.

Thank you

MP

Hello MP,

Sorry you're having a hard time atm. Feeling stuck is awful. Sometimes the best you can do is to just hang in there and wait for

things to improve again. Hardly any sleep or even no sleep at all is terrible.  I found that after a few bad nights our survival mode kicks in forcing the mind to sleep. Let's hope for that to happen soon!

Maybe others have more specific advise to give.

Stay strong! You can do it.

TS

Hi all,

Miss Piggy, I agree with TS concerning your struggle for sleep.  Hanging in there and putting each day/night behind you is all you can do until the sleep starts to come back again. I wish there was another way to get through this, but it just takes time. 

R&R 6.5 hours is good.  Enjoy your weekend.

Last night I had 2 hours and 50 minutes of sleep.  I'm still adjusting to not taking Nyquil any longer.  I have a bit of a cough now and my nose mostly keeps running during the day, but once I lie down, it stops until morning. 

I had a traumatic day yesterday when a fluorescent light fixture my husband put up above the garage door about 4-5 years ago, came lose and was caught in the garage door as it went down.  A neighbor came over to help after he heard the crash and the lights popping. 

I'll may write more tomorrow about the garage door repair place I called wanting a $250 emergency fee paid up front. 

Have a good Saturday everyone.

NG

Hi,

NG, so sorry you had this weird accident happen to you. I hope you're OK.  Someone wanting money upfront is never a good thing. " Do the job first, then you'll get paid" , it says in my book. But times have changed...I hope things will work out right. Let us know how it went.

Your sleep sucks atm. Shows you  what medications can do to a body and mind. Uff!  Hope a much sounder sleep may return asap.

RnR,  good for you! You're absolutely on the right track!

My sleep was some 6 or 7 hours with 2 bathroom visits. But I woke up feeling a little nauseated again.

The cold has retreated to the back of the nose, and it's not planning on giving up soon! It doesn't mess with my sleep anymore, but bugs me during the daytime. Hopefully it'll be gone in another week or so. I do feel tired and weak,  must be the aftermath. Oh well.

Wishing everybody a lovely weekend!

Trochsetter

Good Sunday morning everyone.

The first day of daylight savings time.  I did not turn the clocks back last night, but some do it automatically. 

My husband is not up yet. He likes to get up in the dark, which is a change prior to having Alzheimer's. 

R&R congratulations on 8 hours of sleep! Keep doing that!

TS, I hope your nausea is gone today.  You did well with your sleep.

Sorry to hear the cold is still with you. Eventually your body will win the battle with this virus. 

I slept 7 hours last night which I am happy about. 

As for the garage door, it was fixed that day. My son called another company that got high ratings on FB neighbors. The fellow came out an hour later and had the door fixed in another hour for $115.  I have the company he works for on my speed dial. :)

Enjoy your Sunday.

NG

As for the garage door, it was fixed that day. My son called another company that got high ratings on FB neighbors. The fellow came out an hour later and had the door fixed in another hour for $115.  I have the company he works for on my speed dial. :)

Glad you got the garage door fixed and at a price much cheaper than your other price quote. :thumbsup:

I think I got 7.5 hrs in last night, but I'm not positive, as some of the clocks weren't changed..

Hello BB friends,

RnR,  well done on another two nights of good sleep.  This might well be your new standard!

NG,  so nice to hear your good news! One less thing to worry about, right.

Seven hours of sleep is fantastic too. Keep doing it is what you're doing!

My sleep is still some 7 hours with two breaks.  I don't like not being able to fall asleep again after 6 am. No issues or worries to keep me awake,  but it just doesn't happen. Oh well. Things could be worse, as we all know too well.

My nausea is almost gone again. It ends as soon as I get up and have a drink of water.

The cold is practically gone. Just the odd cough and sniff as a reminder.

I hope you're going to have an enjoyable Monday.

TS

I wondered if any of you could advise or help me. Since hitting this new dip I have had little to no sleep. None last night.

I am stuck on my taper and struggling.

Thank you

MP

Sorry to hear MP. Are you still holding @ 11.25 mgs of valium?

Ducktales, I am sorry you are not getting any sleep after six months. "Nothing is common, but then again it is." That doesn't make sense, but the benzo ordeal entails so much suffering that I wonder how we make it through this terrible ordeal.

According to many who have been through it, myself included, we do get some sleep even though we are not aware of doing so.

There may be others on here who can say more. 

NG

R&R 7.5 hours is good. It seems to be the new norm. I also slept 7.5 hours.

TS, I  don't usually fall asleep after waking up around 6 am. I wish I could, also.

That's great the nausea is almost gone and the drink of water helps. 

The cold did last awhile. I hope your eye appointment is still on schedule.

My Monday was fine, thanks. I spent a little time in the back yard blowing leaves in a pile and  bagging them for trash pick up. I pulled the frozen garden plants out,  so that's mostly done.  I certainly did enjoy that garden this summer and fall. 

Take care,

NG

Hi,

Ducktales,  it's exactly like NG says. I wish you strenght to hold on. Things do get better!

NG,  that's great you had a pleasant Monday.  Your garden works sounds really nice! Mine is on the back burner atm.

We had rain, but I did manage to go for a walk and a bike ride during 2 dry intervals.  I feel my strenght is coming back again slowly after that cold. But easy does it.

My eye surgery is set for Wednesday the 16th. I think (hope) the cold will be gone completely by then. Fingers crossed..

Enjoy your Tuesday everybody!

TS

Good morning,

My sleep is off with the daylight savings time change.  Fitbit says six hours, which may be a stretch.

TS how nice you were able to ride your bike and go for a walk.  Your strength definitely is improving!  Yes, easy does it. Slow and steady wins the race.

I am wishing you the best for a complete recovery by the 16th. 

Enjoy your day,

NG

Hello,

NG,  thank you. Let's hope for the best.

Sorry your sleep wasn't much good.  Six hours does sound ok. It may feel quite different, though. Hope your better nights are returning soon.

Last night my sleep started with a sore throat and blocked nose.  So the first two hours were no good. Thankfully I did sleep some 5 hours after that. But it didn't feel like it.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

TS

You seem to still be sleeping good RnR.  :thumbsup:

When do you expect to be off at your current taper rate?

Hello everyone. Hope you guys are still doing ok. I hate it when both of my nostrils are blocked badly TS. I do nasal irrigation a few times each week with a warm saline solution.

You seem to still be sleeping good RnR.  :thumbsup:

When do you expect to be off at your current taper rate?

No idea.  I got 7 hrs, had breakfast, then got 1.5 more.

Hi all,

R&R 8.5 hours of sleep sounds great! You are doing quite well.

TS, i am sorry to hear you have a sore throat and blocked nose. This virus is is like fighting an army! Feel better soon!

I slept 8 hours last night, so that is good.

Take care everyone.

NG

Hi,

NG,  8 hours of sleep is fantastic!  Keep it up!

RnR,  8,5 hours is super!

My sleep was some 6,5 to 7 hours, but it didn't feel like that. I woke up in pain. Muscles hurting on a low level, but nagging.

I picked up my orthopedic shoes on Wednesday. I was instructed to wear them for only an hour the first day, adding 30 minutes every day. Good advise! My feet hurt like you wouldn't believe!  Let's wait and see...

The sore throat and blocked nose are gone again. It's one day on, one day off atm.

Hoping your day is a pleasant one.

TS

Hi TS, sorry to hear what you have been going through. I hope the shoes work out for okay.  It sounds like an ordeal for lack of a better word.

That's good the sore throat and blocked nose is gone.

Your sleep isn't too bad for everything that has happened.

My day is going quite okay, thanks. 

I had around seven hours of sleep with some strange dreams going on at my mother's home, where I grew up.

Hopefully tonight I go back to normal dreaming.

Take care,

NG

It's been 6 months, I don't feel sleepiness or tiredness at all. I cannot sleep at all. I just shut my eyes and sometimes, there is light sleep and sometimes there's nope.

Then i "wake" up with non-stop funny images, sounds and music

It's really scary.

Why is this happening to me?

Edit: Content

Hi Ducktales, I am sorry to hear you are going through so much. It is a difficult journey to be on.

Try going to the protracted recovery site on here, as there would be more people to comment on what you are going through. 

I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't.

Please come back if you have any more questions. 

NG

[db...]