Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

8 hrs of sleep last night.  Today I go to court.  Back in May, we gave a handyman a $1,250 deposit toward the cost of having our fuse box replaced with a circuit breaker panel.  The guy never showed up.  We tried calling and writing--and still no answer. 

Last week I finally reached him, and he said he'd send the refund.  No refund yet and our court date is today.  He's had enough time.  Now it's time to sue his a$$.

Hi all,

R&R, I wish you the best with your court date.  This person has definitely had time to make it right.  I think when someone asks for money up front before the job, it is a red flag.  Let us know how everything went. 

TS. well the 2-3 hours sleep is for the birds.  The colds this fall are bad, it seems.  My husband is still sick. When I took him to the family doctor today for the ER follow up, the doctor said to give him Mucinex so we went from the office to the pharmacy at the grocery store and bought some.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day and you sleep well tonight.

It might be a good thing to go back to the neurologist to see about your feet. 

Your comment about Shakespear's "Much ado about nothing," made me smile.  Some things are like that.

Last night I slept 8 hours and 7 minutes.  I felt pretty good today.  I'm still on Nyquil and Dayquil so I've been cheating, I suppose. 

NG

Hi,

RnR, I hope all went well with your court case! I agree with NG,  a payment up front is a red flag! We're never too old to learn.

Do let us know how it went.

NG,  so happy you had a great sleep and are feeling pretty good today!  Hopefully your husband's cold gets better soon. Yours too of course!

I finally had a better night again after a few crappy ones. Some 6 or 7 hours. I did have a weird feverish dream that went on for hours. After waking up I felt like I had been hit by a truck! But, things are looking up a bit.

I cancelled my booster appointment again. Not sure wether I 'm going to take it at all. Next up are the flu shot as well as a shot for pneumococci. That's a first for me. But it's due two days before my eye surgery,  so that has to be postponed too!

Today I  made an appointment with the neurologist.

Anyway,  have a pleasant Thursday everyone!

TS

Hi TS, that is great you had a better night of sleep. The 6-7 hours is quite good. The feverish dream did take a lot out of you.  Uff.

A good idea to cancel your booster again. You can always call it good and not take it.  I also plan on getting the pneumonia shot. It is a one and done shot, so that is good.  The eye surgery should come first. The rest can follow if you wish. 

My sleep was off last night.  I slept 6 hours, which was fine.  I took a nap also today, so that was another plus. 

Tomorrow is Friday already. The week went by quickly. 

Take care,

NG

Hello NG,

Good to see you managed 6 hours of sleep!  The nap sounds great. I cannot nap, never could.

Yesterday was a runny nose day. Almost like a faucet. Unbelievable.  Hard to breathe. No more coughing.

Last night i slept some 5 hours. After waking up around 5 am, I started to cough like you wouldn't believe!  So I just had to get up. Had breakfast and did another test. No Covid! So it still is a cold. Haven't had a cold this bad in ages.

Another warm day today. A bit weird really.

I hope you slept well,  NG.

Take care.

TS

Got 7.5 hrs last night. So the court case against the handyman was a no-go.  My wife and I went to the small claims court only to be told that the summons has to be served in a different county.  No one had told us that before.  From the paperwork it did look like he was served, but apparently he was not.

Right now we're wondering if small claims against this guy is even worth it.  Even with our slam-dunk case against him, the court will not help in any way to collect the money for us.  It's merely a win in the court system.

I've thought about leaving a slew of bad reviews, but I'm not sure if this guy is even still in business.  Funny thing is, this guy had done a couple of smaller jobs for us with no problems.  Live and learn, I guess.

Have a nice Saturday.

Good Saturday morning,

R&R, what a mess with the court system. I would still try it again doing it "their way" and see what happens.  Interesting that the guy did work for you before with no problems.  You could try talking to him again and suggesting he return the money or you will take him to small claims court. 

7.5 is a good night of sleep. I slept 7 hours and 12 mins.  My deep sleep is lacking.

TS,

This is a bad cold season. When I try to buy more cold remedies at the pharmacy, they are mostly out.  Maybe this is a fall out from wearing masks and not being sociable for the better part of two years.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

NG

Hi,

RnR,  Sorry your court case didn't go the way you had hoped. Perhaps it'll turn out ok eventually.

Your sleep didn't suffer because of it. That's great.

NG,  you're spot on about this year's cold being a bad one. Could well be for the reason you mentioned.

Yesterday was a bad day. I had to give into my body's demand to hit the brakes. I took a lot of rest to help the healing.

Today is quite a bit better. But boy, did this last week cost me a lot of strength.

Luckely  breathing isn't a battle anymore. So my sleep was some 7 hours for the first time in over a week.

This coming night the clock is being turned back an hour. So the days get even shorter and darker. Record high temps these last two days.

Have a lovely weekend!

TS

Hi all,

Some 6 hours of sleep in one go last night.

Not much sleep after 5 am, but that's ok.

The cold is slowly getting better day by day. About time too!

Hope you're all having a blessed Sunday!

TS

Hi everyone,

AB has been missing for some time. I hope everything is okay. 

TS, six hours isn't too bad.  The 5 am wake up is never fun. Sometimes we need to take a break and rest.

The time change back is almost here for us, also. Next weekend  is our time to go back.

My fitbit says I slept 7 hours and 44 minutes. I don't remember sleeping at all.  My stomach has been doing a number on me for the last two weeks, so I'm not feeling the best.

Sunday blessings,

NG

Good morning,

NG,  the number sounds great, too bad the feeling lacks. These things happen.

I hope your stomach issues will end soon! I hate it when my stomach is upset.

The best thing about this time change is the early morning light! So nice to open your eyes and see the light of a new day. On the flip side: it's dark just after 5 pm now and getting worse. How I  love those long summer evenings!

You're right about AB, I had noticed his absence too. AB,  hopefully you're OK. I'd like to hear from you again soon.

My cold is definitely on the way out. Much less coughing, blocked or runny nose, things looking brighter on this front!

Because of that my sleep is improving.  Though I did wake up last night around 2 am drenched in sweat. But fell asleep again, i totalled some 7 hours of shut-eye.

Enjoy your Monday if you can!

TS

TS, it's nice to hear that you are feeling relief from your cold.  I got 7 hrs., had breakfast, then went back to sleep for another 45 minutes.

Good afternoon all,

R&R going to sleep after breakfast and having 7 hours sounds perfect. I did that recently for an hour and 15 minutes.

TS. it is nice to have it light in the mornings, but then comes the 5 PM darkness.  I love summers and the long days and evenings. 

That's great news you cold is on the way out.  Hopefully that is the only one you get for the fall and winter.  The waking up drenched in sweat is never a good thing, but at least you were able to go right back to sleep. 7 hours is nice.

I slept 7 hours also. Tonight it may all go away, as I will stop taking the Nyquil. I've stopped talking the Dayquil yesterday as my nose is not running quite constantly and I can breathe better. 

My Monday has been busy doing things outside and now I must clean out the fireplace ashes from last winter. Uff

Take care,

NG

7.5 hrs of sleep last night.  Spoke to the handyman dude today.  He said he intends on paying but has to wait for his project to end and he collects some insurance money.  He said that would be next week or the week following.  Not keeping my hopes up too high.

Hi R&R, that's something from the handyman.  Hopefully he comes through. Perhaps he is going through a rough time, but it would have been nice if he had talked to you about it first.  Time will tell.

7.5 hours was nice.  I had 7 hours. I'm not going to take the Nyquil as my cold is improving and I can breathe okay.  My guess is my sleep will go south until I get used to not having Nyquil at night.  I hope I am wrong.

NG

Hello,

RnR,  Hope you get your money back.

Your sleep wasn't too bad.

NG, you weren't wrong! But still, you did get 4 hours. Could've been worse...

I'm glad your cold is improving.  But as you said last week,  it is a tough one this fall. How's your husband doing,  has his cold gone yet?

I'm on the mend too, but ever so slow imo. It's now mostly a blocked nose. It's working overtime.

I postponed all the shots that were due. First things first. The oil-out surgery is now the most important thing on my agenda.

My sleep is some 7 hours again most nights,  but I do wake up the extra time. (2 am and 6 am).

Have a pleasant Wednesday.

TS

Hi TS,

I was tired and my body ached all over today.  Hopefully tomorrow I will feel be better. I spent over an hour in the front yard blowing the leaves in a pile and then putting everything in a trash can, so that is done for the year.  Note to myself, to only get one vaccine shot at a time.  Live and learn.

My husband is not doing well. His cough is less, but not by a lot. He is failing more and sits in his recliner most of the time and sleeps more.  I just see more of a decline.  He eats so very little, even though I fix what he likes.  His weight is down so I try to get some extra calories in him during the day/evening. Not sure if it is working, but I try.

The doctor is taking him off of his long time blood pressure medication thinking that is causing the cough.  They put him on another BP medication when he was in the ER before the Iowa trip, so he is still on one. I'll give it a week or so and then put him back on the old BP med.

I am glad you are still on the mend.  Hopefully your nose keeps improving. 

Good to postpone your shots.  Yes, for now the oil-out surgery is the most important thing. 

The 7 hours of sleep is great! 

Enjoy your Thursday.

NG

Hi everyone,

AB has been missing for some time. I hope everything is okay. 

TS, six hours isn't too bad.  The 5 am wake up is never fun. Sometimes we need to take a break and rest.

The time change back is almost here for us, also. Next weekend  is our time to go back.

My fitbit says I slept 7 hours and 44 minutes. I don't remember sleeping at all.  My stomach has been doing a number on me for the last two weeks, so I'm not feeling the best.

Sunday blessings,

NG

Thanks for thinking about me NG. I know I have been MIA. I am still doing ok. I just decided to take a break away from the internet. My Sleep has been ok for the most part. I have been averaging 5-6 hours per night, but I have not been really tracking either. Good to see you, TS and RnR. I have been doing a lot of yard work too NG. My back is actually a little sore tonight. I hope I did not overdo things today. Sorry to hear about your hubby NG. Maybe, the old BP med was better than what they have him on now. My mother is starting to also decline more and more. I do what I can for her.

Take care everyone. I am going to try and drop in more frequently and check on everyone :). I hope HM is still doing ok.

Good morning,

AB,  Glad to hear from you again!  Well, you're doing OK for the most part. Keep it up! I get why you kept away from the Internet for a while. So do I at times. The news is so awful. And getting worse by the week.

Sorry to hear about your mother. I know you're her caregiver and are doing a fine job at that. But it is hard. Same as NG doing her best to take care of her husband. Seeing people around you declining and sinking into their own world is a very sad thing.

NG,  wow,  good on you for doing the garden! Glad you got the leave work out of the way. Over here the leaves are just starting to fall. So lots more to come. There's a strong wind blowing atm so no point in trying to collect them.

My sleep was some 7 hours last night. I have ear pain this morning. Feeling a bit feverish and tired. Going to take it very easy today. I need to get rid of this cold or the surgery will be cancelled. A little under 2 weeks, so there’s stiil time.

Have a peaceful Thursday.

Trochsetter

AB, welcome back. Sometimes a break is good for us.  Good to know you are okay. 

I am sorry to hear your mother is declining.  It is a difficult road to be on.  As someone said on the Alzheimer's support site I go to, "The calvary is not coming."

Indeed, they are not. We are it. 

R&R, hopefully my husband's cough improves.

Your sleep was good again. Keep it up!

TS, your sleep was quite good last night, also. Sorry to hear about your ear pain. The feverish feeling is concerning, also.  Get some rest and drink fluids.

I slept another four hours. Maybe tonight will be better. 

Take care everyone..sleep well.

NG

Still always around 5 - 5 1/2 hours for me. Never changes.

Go to bed at 4:45, sleep at 5:00, wake up at 10:00/10:30.

Perfect strategy for when you don't sleep much, you never wake up in the middle of the night. And perfect for evening/night persons.

[41...]