Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Yeah, it has actually shifted back to this nocturnal shift about 4 times this year. As soon as I get back to a normal schedule, right back to nocturnal a few nights later. It's hard to do with appointments during the day mostly.

Hi,

I'd like to join the 7 hours- club today. My sleep was good and long and deep. Wow! I feel rested.

NG,  Glad I made you laugh! I'm happy your knee is feeling less painful! A bit of rest can work wonders at times.

Wishing us all a lovely Sunday.

TS

Hi all,

Congratulations TS for joining the 700 club!

Sleeping good and deep sounds great!  I wish you many more of those nights.

R&R congratulations on your 7 hours too!

I slept 3.5 hours. Hopefully tonight is better.

NG

Good morning,

Another (at least) 7 hours night! No pain, not "a care in the world..." Sometimes the old  brain box just won't shut down, but last night it did.

I hope you all had a good night's sleep last night! NG,  make it a 7 or 8 hours one!

Marvellous Monday everyone!

TS

Good day all,

My furnace is running this morning.  Fall is in the air.

TS, this is good news you slept seven hours with no pain! It's nice when our brains shut down so we can sleep. 

I slept...drum roll.....6 hours and 52 minutes! I feel pretty good this morning.

My physical therapist returns today, so hopefully it all goes well. I took a break from my exercises from Friday on to see if my knee would calm down.

Yesterday was the best it felt for a week.  I have hope.

Enjoy your Monday everyone.

NG

Good to hear about your knee pain NG + you got in a decent amount of sleep.  :thumbsup:

FitBit says a little over 5 hours for me last night, and I feel fairly ok this morning.

Enjoy your Monday buddies.  :)

Hi buddies,

NG,  so happy for you! Less knee pain and a good sleep!  Good luck with your PT. Hope it helps. The drum roll had me lol.  :D

AB,  Glad you feel good after a descent sleep!  Enjoy the feeling.

My sleep was less than the previous one. Was to be expected...I woke up often, had weird dreams and couldn't really find the "right spot". Oh well. There's always another chance.

It's starting to look autumnal, but this week is quite nice, with enjoyable temps, sun and hardly any wind. So real biking weather!

Hope you both had a refreshing sleep! 

Trochsetter

Hi all,

R&R 8 hours is good along with the dreams. 

AB, I hope your sleep did well last night. 

TS, the biking weather sounds quite nice, especially in the fall.  I hope you found the right spot and slept better.

I slept almost six hours. 

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Hello,

RnR, great sleep!  Good for you!

NG,  6 hours is ok. I'd take that every night. How did the PT go?

AB,  Hope you slept well. We all need good nights to have good days.

My sleep was OK. I did wake up once though around 3 am with my t-shirt being "soaking wet."  I remember having a weird dream. Thankfully I fell asleep again soon. Woke up again around 6.30 am.

Have a nice Wednesday.

TS

Hi RnR, NG, and TS

Hope you guys are all doing well. My sleep has been ok. I did not track last night. I hate the weird dreams TS. When I do dream, the dreams are usually pretty bizarre ones. They are not even about things that I consciously think about during the day. It amazes me all the garbage we have tucked away in our subconscious that accumulates from all the years we have lived.

Hi

AB,  I 'm happy for you your sleep was OK. That's all we can hope for.

Yes, you're right about those dreams. Sometimes events from way way back come back in our dreams. Not even things we were aware of at the time. Mixed in with our own interpetation, things can get quite akward. But it is thought to be the brain's way of storing  data properly

At the moment my dreams are from a period when I still was a teacher. I "saw" a colleague of mine from those days as clear as daylight last night and had a long and intense talk with her. And it's been over 13 years since I last saw her. Go figure...

Other than that I slept well: some 7,5 hours.

Have a pleasant Thursday everyone!

TS

AntiBenzo, so true. I thought the same thing throughout the benzo withdrawal process, that our brains are trying to catch up on all of the thoughts we had over the years. Almost like it's leveling itself out or balancing itself, with thoughts.

Last night I didn't go to sleep until 7:00 a.m. and I was having extreme waves, but then I got some of the best sleep yet and woke up feeling pretty good. It was that kind of sleep where you wake up and you can't stop stretching in bed and rolling around under the covers, and you don't want anything in the world to disturb you.

And then later on in the day, I took a really good nap and it was extremely refreshing. It was one of those naps that felt like a whole night's sleep all in one hour, and then I was rolling around under the covers again and stretching and didn't even want to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, like that's how good it felt laying in bed.

Hopefully we can all start getting really good sleep since the fall temperatures are here, people seem to sleep better during the cooler months. Leaves are starting to change colors in Seattle, and the grass is getting a covering pretty early this year.

Hi all,

Justintime, your description of enjoying your bed sounded so very nice.  I have felt that way about my bed many times, including last night.  It is such a good feeling. 

TS,your 7.5 hours of sleep sounds lovely. The night of being sweaty sounds familiar when we move into fall and our bodies try to adjust or the outside/inside temps don't cooperate.

My PT went okay. I have three more visits left that my insurance will pay for this year.  The bottom line is I am doing too much and not letting the inflammation heal/go away. This is just how it is until fall comes to an end.  I wish I could just stop doing what must be done, but not quite yet.

On another plus side, I slept 7.5 hours with two and a half hours of REM. I was happy about that!

AB, the dreams we have are interesting. I also have had some about people and places I have never seen or been to.  Mostly there are familiar people and places I know.

NG

Hi all,

Got in 7 hrs of sleep, but it felt like 3.  Eighty percent of my dreams are about high school or college or places I've worked.  Vivid stuff with lots of colors.

Hi all,

R&R sorry to hear you don't feel like you slept for 7 hours. 

Your dreams are similar to mine. I have had dreams that I get to my class for a final exam, but forgot to study.  It used to happen quite frequently, but not so much anymore. 

Two nights ago, I slept for 3.5 hours before I woke up the first time. Amazing! I then went pretty much right back to sleep and didn't awaken again until 5 am.

Hopefully this will happen more often. 

Today I did the foam roll on my IT band syndrome leg. I felt like it helped yesterday, but today not so much. 

It never got out of the 40s today, so fall is definitely here!

NG

Hi folks,

RnR, the feeling of not having slept for that long is a familiar one. The opposite one too! Very strange.

NG, wow! I have that exact same dream too! It still happens every now and then.  Absolutely bonkers! I can only get out of that dream by waking myself up and do the maths of how many years have gone by since I graduated. The feeling of relief afterward is immense!

Tells you how much stress we were under while studying. Never felt like that at the time though.

AB, I hope you're doing well.

My sleep has been quite OK lately.  Most nights some 7 hours.

Eye and feet still bothering me...

Wishing you and me a blessed Sunday.

Trochsetter

Last night I fell from the "7 Hour Club" by getting only 6 hours.  I stayed up late to listen to my baseball team lose and then got up my regular time. :tickedoff:

AntiBenzo, so true. I thought the same thing throughout the benzo withdrawal process, that our brains are trying to catch up on all of the thoughts we had over the years. Almost like it's leveling itself out or balancing itself, with thoughts.

Last night I didn't go to sleep until 7:00 a.m. and I was having extreme waves, but then I got some of the best sleep yet and woke up feeling pretty good. It was that kind of sleep where you wake up and you can't stop stretching in bed and rolling around under the covers, and you don't want anything in the world to disturb you.

And then later on in the day, I took a really good nap and it was extremely refreshing. It was one of those naps that felt like a whole night's sleep all in one hour, and then I was rolling around under the covers again and stretching and didn't even want to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, like that's how good it felt laying in bed.

Hopefully we can all start getting really good sleep since the fall temperatures are here, people seem to sleep better during the cooler months. Leaves are starting to change colors in Seattle, and the grass is getting a covering pretty early this year.

Good to hear JustInTime  :thumbsup:

NG said>>

On another plus side, I slept 7.5 hours with two and a half hours of REM. I was happy about that!

Good to hear NG. I also got 7.5 hours last night and feel fairly ok today.

NG also said>>

My PT went okay. I have three more visits left that my insurance will pay for this year.  The bottom line is I am doing too much and not letting the inflammation heal/go away.

Yes, rest and recovery are just as important as the physical therapy.

Your sleep numbers are still good RnR. Some of my dreams too are about when I was in high school.

Hi TS, sorry to hear your eyes and feet are still bothersome friend.

Enjoy your Sunday buddies.

Good morning,

I hope you all slept well enough.

My sleep was some 7,5 hours the last couple of nights. So no complaints there.

Have a pleasant Tuesday everybody!

TS

[d9...]