Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi everyone,

AB, 3.5 hours is a little slim for sleep time, but there's always tonight.  I wish for good sleep tonight.  When you didn't go to sleep until 2 am was it because you couldn't fall asleep?  I have some of those nights, but thankfully not often. 

TS, indeed the inventor of air conditioning should indeed have a statue!  I did a search and the good man was named Willis Carrier. His name is still around today. 

That is great news your eye is feeling better today.  You have been on a difficult road with your eyesight.  I wish you all the best with your recovery. 

I slept 7 hours and 25 minutes last night with an amazing 2 hours of REM sleep and one hour of deep sleep! Not sure why it happened, but it did.

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Hi NG,

Very happy for you for having had such a good sleep! Yey! I 'm sure there's more where that came from!

Hi all,

My sleep is better again. Last night I slept some 6,5 hours non-stop. Feels good.

Today's the start of the 2nd week post-op, so I 'm allowed more "freedom of movement".  I'll take it easy, though. Last thing I want is another retinal detachment! The fear of that happening again is holding me back in lots of things atm. I know I shouldn't,  but there it is...

Hope your day will be a good one.

TS

Good day all,

TS, the 6.5 hours of sleep was quite okay, especially the non-stop part.  Hopefully one day I will be saying the same thing, as I wake up and/or lie awake multiple times throughout the night.  It seems better recently, so that's promising. 

Congratulations to making it to week two post op! You definitely don't want another retinal detachment, so do what you must to keep your eye safe and healing. 

My sleep wasn't the best last night, but I did manage 5 hours and 49 minutes. 

Stay cool and sleep well.

NG

HI TS, NG, and RnR.

Good to see you guys and read your posts.

I had to take my mother to several of her doctors today, so I could not post this morning. My mother can't really drive anymore.

Good to see sleep is ok TS and RnR.  5 hours and 49 minutes are not too bad NG but the frequent awakenings can be quite aggravating.

I forgot to wear my fitbit last night, but I think I got approx. 5-6 hours of fair quality sleep.

Take care buddies and be kind to yourself and the ppl in your life that you care about.  :)

GM Buddies

FitBit says 6 hours of fair quality sleep for me last night. It gave me a sleep score of 61.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.  :)

Good Morning, All,

7 1/2 hours of broken sleep last night.

How many times did you awake during the 7.5 hours RnR?

Twice.  The 2nd time it took prob. 20 min. to get back to sleep.  Oh, well...

Hi everyone,

AB and RnR, Congratulations on your sleep. That's great news.

My sleep was good. I don't recall going for a pee, which means I slept 8,5 hours. Wow!

Went for a  calm walk this morning in order to build a little muscle again while at the same time avoiding any pressure on  my eye.

Boy, do a few weeks of little to no activity because of surgery and holding "  the posture" take their toll. I used to do quite a bit of biking and walking, but not for a few weeks now.

Hope your Friday is a good one.

TS

My sleep is finally healing itself after months of being nocturnal. Over the last few days I have been sleeping mainly at night, with the exception of one nap around mid-morning. I've even been going to sleep around 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. like an old man, and then waking up around 5:00 a.m. with all of my sleep at night along with my nap during the morning, I'm getting about 10 hours.

I'm pretty sure this is the most sleep I've gotten throughout the whole entire process, right at 37 months. Hopefully this is signs of healing 100% soon.

My sleep is finally healing itself after months of being nocturnal. Over the last few days I have been sleeping mainly at night, with the exception of one nap around mid-morning. I've even been going to sleep around 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. like an old man, and then waking up around 5:00 a.m. with all of my sleep at night along with my nap during the morning, I'm getting about 10 hours.

I'm pretty sure this is the most sleep I've gotten throughout the whole entire process, right at 37 months. Hopefully this is signs of healing 100% soon.

Good deal, JIT!

Good deal, JIT!

Ditto to what RnR said. @JustInTime,  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

AB and RnR, Congratulations on your sleep. That's great news.

My sleep was good. I don't recall going for a pee, which means I slept 8,5 hours. Wow!

Went for a  calm walk this morning in order to build a little muscle again while at the same time avoiding any pressure on  my eye.

Boy, do a few weeks of little to no activity because of surgery and holding "  the posture" take their toll. I used to do quite a bit of biking and walking, but not for a few weeks now.

Hope your Friday is a good one.

TS

Thanks for checking in TS. Glad your sleep last night was good my friend. The calm walk sounds so relaxing. If I had someone to walk with me, I would walk more. When I do it by myself with just my iPhone and headphones, it seems too boring, so I do not do it often.

Hi Guys, I am kind of on and off here. Looks like all of you are getting some decent sleep! 6+ hours. I am stopping in because last night is my best night since I started my taper and stopped Xanax. I have slept 7 to 8 hours before but not as deep and restful as last night. My sleep is still back and forth with on and off nights but, overall it is getting better. I slept 7 to 8 hours last night and it was heavy, beautiful sleep. I am dating someone that only sleeps a few minutes at a time. He just does not sleep well. If I sit up like a mouse as slow and quiet as possible to use the restroom, he will open his eyes and say "Are you OK?" It's that bad. Not good for my own insomnia. Never known such a light sleeper. Makes it hard to sleep with him. I usually go in his guest room.

Anyway, so glad you are all sleeping better! Yay! This thread looked different a year ago.

HM

Hello again,

I see that many of you responded to my post a while back about my BF and the extra room etc. Thank you for the replies. The situation is that he actually wants to sleep in the same bed and enjoys it. It is me that can't sleep that way. I have slept alone too long and he is a very light sleeper and moves around a lot. I think he will get used to us sleeping in separate rooms over time. I have done it about 6 times now. He has stopped saying "What's wrong?" and "Why are you going in there?" I give him a hug and kiss good night and sleep as well as I can, considering my recovery, in his guest room. When I was married, we slept together but we both liked being on our own 'side' of the bed, slept hard and didn't move much. This is different.

Thanks, again, for the replies:)

Nice to see you HM.....other than the sleeping together issues, how is the relationship otherwise? Are you still working and doing ok?

Hi all,

AB that is good to hear you slept over five hours last night. 

I slept 4 hours and 58 minutes according to fitbit.  I feel like it was less. 

You are a great son to take your mother places since she no longer drives.  She is lucky to have a son like you. 

Like you I no longer walk by myself though I used to walk with various neighbors over the years.  Now I just walk around the house for 30 minutes, as I can't leave my husband alone for that long.  It's not as boring as one would think. ha

R&R 7 hours sounds nice! Keep it up!

TS, our bodies do need to be kept active for us to stay in shape.  I am always amazed that people in nursing homes can thrive without much exercise. Maybe thrive is a stretch, but they are still keep going. 

Life can be a mystery. 

HM, good to see you back on and doing so very well.  Sounds like you are working everything out with your boyfriend. He definitely is a light sleeper!!

Have a good weekend everyone,

NG

Thanks NG, I do what I can for her. I love my mother. She has done so much for me and I believe in trying to take care of the people who take care of you and she did that bc I grew up without a father.

"4 hours and 58 minutes"...your sleep was similar to mine.  :)

Enjoy your weekend NG.

Good day all, Congrats R&R on seven hours of sleep. I slept 7 hours and 49 minutes.  Hopefully we can keep it up.

AB, your mother raised a fine son.  I agree, we do what we can for those we love. 

Today it is cooling off some and cloudy. I am ready for fall, but I don't want to rush it. 

Take care,

NG

Hi NG and RnR...

Good sleep numbers.

I got in 6.5 hours and only awoke once.  :)  I am also ready for fall NG.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Hi everyone,

AB,  I totally feel what you're saying. Most mothers gave up much to raise their children. Now, when a person can, he or she should give back for what they received. I was my mother's caregiver for 6 years. I was able to give up my job as a teacher and even moved in with her. Looking back I am truly grateful I could give her a number of  good years.

My sleep is OK, but these last few days I woke up around 6 am feeling a bit nauseated with some stomach pain. All because of the eye drops.  O well, always halfway there, I hope.

Please no autumn weather yet! I love the summer weather lingering in September and sometimes even October. The heat is gone by then, but it's still pleasant out. The eye issues had me miss quite a bit of Summer.

This week we're having some nice Summer weather again after a couple of days with lower temps and even some much needed rain!

I wish you all a marvellous Monday!

TS

[99...]