Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi all, I hope you all had a good Sunday.

Justintime, thanks for sharing that you lived here for two years and have been to Coors Field. I used to go to games because a friend has complimentary tickets to the games with close in parking passes.  I can imagine the lot was way too long when you were suffering from agoraphobia.  I had it also when I was on both Ambien and Clonazepam, but didn't realize it until I found BB. I guess I am mostly better now.  I never wondered why I crossed the street when I was out walking and someone was coming towards me. I did a lot to avoid people and yet never wondered why. 

I slept around 8 hours which were quite broken. I also took Hydroxyzine as I had dropped off to sleep last evening and didn't want to lay awake until morning. 

NG

8 hours are great NG but sorry about all the sleep interruptions.

Broken sleep can leave you feeling like little to no sleep if there are too many breaks.

I got 6 hours with one long break.  I was able to fall back asleep after about one hour.

Enjoy your day buddies.

Hi all, I hope everyone's Monday was pleasant. 

R&R 7 hours and 15 minutes is quite alright!

AB, the 6 hours is okay. Glad you could fall back to sleep after an hour. 

I slept 7 hours and 47 minutes with 1 hour and 53 minutes of REM. It doesn't get any better. My dreams were all rather pleasant, though they are starting to fade away.

Deep sleep was 28 minutes. I woke up feeling quite good and positive. 

Hopefully TS is okay being away for a couple of days. Tomorrow is his planned eye check up.  Sending lots of good thoughts you way TS.

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Hi Buddies,

Awoke after only 3 hours. Found it really hard to get to sleep last night for some reason. Drifted off at 3AM I think and awoke at 6AM. It is now 7AM EST here. I am going to lie back down and hope I can sneak in a little more shuteye.

Hope others slept well last night.  :)

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Good morning all,

AB, I am sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep. Hopefully you were able to get back to sleep this morning. 

My sleep was a little better but not much. I slept a little less than five hours. Uff

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

NG

Hello BB friends

NG and AB , Sorry to see you're not sleeping all that well atm. Let's hope things improve soon!

Well OK, back from the hospital. Mostly good news. NG said I needed to hear some good news. How right you are!

The good news is my retina is still attached  and it is looking good. So relieved about that! Plus: I 've been given the green light for driving and riding my bike again! Yay!

Now for the not so good part:

I started noticing distortions in the image my right eye produces.  I was afraid it was Macula pucker.  The doctor said the membrane covering the macula, which could cause this, had been removed during surgery. It's most probably because the macula was off before the first operation. May improve in time or may not...'

The distortions aren't bothering me too much atm.

Next appointment in 6 weeks time.

Wishing  us all a pleasant Tuesday!

TS

Thanks NG. Hopefully, we both have better luck tonight.  :)

The eye issues sound so frustrating, TS. I know they would drive me crazy personally. I really hope things settle down eventually and start to improve for you.

I am trying hard not to nap any today. Fingers crossed for better sleep tonight.  :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks AB.  I try not to let it all get to me too much, which isn't as easy as it sounds. Ugh!

What if...Those two words go for so many of us, right?

Sleep was some 6 hours last night. I woke up just after 5 am. Couldn't get back to sleep. Got up early and went for a walk.

Have an enjoyable Wednesday everybody.

TS

Hi all, I hope you all had a good Sunday.

Justintime, thanks for sharing that you lived here for two years and have been to Coors Field. I used to go to games because a friend has complimentary tickets to the games with close in parking passes.  I can imagine the lot was way too long when you were suffering from agoraphobia.  I had it also when I was on both Ambien and Clonazepam, but didn't realize it until I found BB. I guess I am mostly better now.  I never wondered why I crossed the street when I was out walking and someone was coming towards me. I did a lot to avoid people and yet never wondered why. 

I slept around 8 hours which were quite broken. I also took Hydroxyzine as I had dropped off to sleep last evening and didn't want to lay awake until morning. 

NG

It's funny you say that, I do the same thing here in seattle. Sometimes there will be somebody walking slow in front of me, or somebody will start to get near me from behind when I'm walking around on the sidewalks throughout the city. Instead of me speeding up or passing them, I somehow have a weird form of agoraphobia still and I will just cross the street instead sometimes. Not that I'm afraid of being rude, but more not wanting to conversate or say excuse me, so instead I just cross the street instead.

Sometimes the other thing that happens is I don't like walking beside people in the city, so I will speed up really fast like I'm passing a car, only I'm just doing speed walking. I don't want to start jogging because I still have some symptoms and don't want to push it too much, but I also don't want to get stuck walking besides somebody and feel awkward. Plus, nobody talks to each other in Seattle and we have the Seattle freeze, so you don't want to get put in a situation where it's too awkward and conversation might arise. Better to just avoid conversations in the first place around here.

And yes, I was stuck outside in Denver and Boulder and Aurora walking around with agoraphobia and benzo withdrawal for several months, until I finally found a home again. I was actually sleeping on rooftops and carrying around a backpack for a while there, I had no plan in the world for anything, I just wanted to be off my pills and it wasn't going very well.

Aside from those bad experiences in colorado, it was a pretty cool place. Boulder was nice with the flat iron mountains and I enjoyed the Red Rock Amphitheater in Morrison, and I went up to the mountains in Greeley and out towards Rocky Mountain National park. I never did get up to the 14ers, but now that I'm in Seattle I have views of Mount Rainier instead.

GM everyone,

FitBit says 5.5 hours of poor quality sleep for me last night. I felt the sleep was not that poor in quality tho.

Enjoy your Wed. everyone.

Hi everyone, this is going to be long, so skip over it if you find this bothersome.  I slept not quite 6.5 hours.

It's going to be sunny and hot here. Uff. I am so ready for cooler weather. 

Justintime, thanks for sharing your experience here. Your agoraphobia is quite similar.  I no longer go downtown so pretty much avoid crowds, except for Costco. lol

I can imagine your thoughts when trying to get around people. I did that a lot.

People here mostly don't converse with others around them, either.  Now and then someone in line will start a conversation with me and I find it refreshing.  Their smiles and desire to communicate is nice.  Perhaps it is from living with a husband that has advancing Alzheimer's and can no longer carry on a conversation, which draws me to people who do.

You visited all of the lovely places while you were here.  I'm on the north west end of Denver metro, so found myself in Boulder frequently.  Red Rocks I've been to more times than I can count as well as Rocky Mountain National Park.  I've done a few 14ers thought my son has done all of them.  Just being there was enough for me.

Your comment about being homeless and sleeping on roofs made me think! If you can manage to get up on one, it is no doubt safer than being anyplace else outside at night.  I am glad you are no longer doing that! 

The view of Mt Rainier in Seattle is beautiful. I was there in 2019 when we went on an Alaskan cruise.  Even though I have mountains all around me, except to the east, I never become tired of seeing them. 

NG

Hi all,

TS, this is good news about your eye appointment. I am happy you can now drive and ride your bike again! Hopefully your eye distortions improves.  It's good you can mostly ignore them.  The early wake up and subsequent walk sounded nice. 

AB, that's good you feel better than the "poor quality" that fitbit says.  I find that often true for what mine says, too.  At least Fitbit's negative comments don't make us feel worse.

Take care,

NG

Hi everyone, this is going to be long, so skip over it if you find this bothersome.  I slept not quite 6.5 hours.

It's going to be sunny and hot here. Uff. I am so ready for cooler weather. 

Justintime, thanks for sharing your experience here. Your agoraphobia is quite similar.  I no longer go downtown so pretty much avoid crowds, except for Costco. lol

I can imagine your thoughts when trying to get around people. I did that a lot.

People here mostly don't converse with others around them, either.  Now and then someone in line will start a conversation with me and I find it refreshing.  Their smiles and desire to communicate is nice.  Perhaps it is from living with a husband that has advancing Alzheimer's and can no longer carry on a conversation, which draws me to people who do.

You visited all of the lovely places while you were here.  I'm on the north west end of Denver metro, so found myself in Boulder frequently.  Red Rocks I've been to more times than I can count as well as Rocky Mountain National Park.  I've done a few 14ers thought my son has done all of them.  Just being there was enough for me.

Your comment about being homeless and sleeping on roofs made me think! If you can manage to get up on one, it is no doubt safer than being anyplace else outside at night.  I am glad you are no longer doing that! 

The view of Mt Rainier in Seattle is beautiful. I was there in 2019 when we went on an Alaskan cruise.  Even though I have mountains all around me, except to the east, I never become tired of seeing them. 

NG

Yeah, I got about 6 hours last night as well. It's only 7:50 p.m. but I'm already sleepy today, so I guess that's a good sign. Maybe this will fix my sleep schedule all together and I can go to sleep around 10:00 and wake up around 6:00 or 7:00 from now on.

And yeah, I never get tired of the mountains either. I've lived in Florida and on the coast of North Carolina half my life, but I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina and I prefer the Appalachians over the atlantic. Now as far as seattle, it's like getting both at the same time. I have the Puget Sound and Pacific as well as the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges at the same time. Although if I had the choice to be directly up in the mountains again, I might choose that over this.

It's not so much about the scenery, to me at least. I like the mountain culture, all the wood carving and glass blowing and hippie type people, all the natural hikers and tie-dye and Homegrown Music. It's just a whole different culture compared to the coast.

Hallo,

I slept some 6 hours last night in two parts: first part from 11 pm until 4 am. and the second part from 5 to 6. So not too bad.

NG,  it's now a matter of waiting for 3 months to pass so I can have the oil removed from my eye and hopefully get a glass I can see through properly soon there after. Trying to ignore the rest is my new asignment, if you will.

Hope you're all going to have a pleasant Thursday.

I'm off to see the neurologist this morning about my other "thorn in the flesh:", my neuropathic feet. O, what a joy life is...( sorry, I have a mild case of self-pity this morning. I sometimes "forget" we all have a lot going on in our lives.)

TS

Hallo,

I slept some 6 hours last night in two parts: first part from 11 pm until 4 am. and the second part from 5 to 6. So not too bad.

NG,  it's now a matter of waiting for 3 months to pass so I can have the oil removed from my eye and hopefully get a glass I can see through properly soon there after. Trying to ignore the rest is my new asignment, if you will.

Hope you're all going to have a pleasant Thursday.

I'm off to see the neurologist this morning about my other "thorn in the flesh:", my neuropathic feet. O, what a joy life is...( sorry, I have a mild case of self-pity this morning. I sometimes "forget" we all have a lot going on in our lives.)

TS

Hey,

I had to see the neurologist for the same thing the other day, I wonder if it's benzo related? Never in my life have I had neuropathy, and then recently I started getting all kinds of pins and needles and swelling symptoms and lots of pain in my feet. Some days it's there, some days it's not. My neurologist recommended exercising more, even though I've been walking non-stop for the last few months. I'm pretty sure this is also benzo related.

Hello again,

I see that many of you responded to my post a while back about my BF and the extra room etc. Thank you for the replies. The situation is that he actually wants to sleep in the same bed and enjoys it. It is me that can't sleep that way. I have slept alone too long and he is a very light sleeper and moves around a lot. I think he will get used to us sleeping in separate rooms over time. I have done it about 6 times now. He has stopped saying "What's wrong?" and "Why are you going in there?" I give him a hug and kiss good night and sleep as well as I can, considering my recovery, in his guest room. When I was married, we slept together but we both liked being on our own 'side' of the bed, slept hard and didn't move much. This is different.

Thanks, again, for the replies:)

Glad he is more ok with it now! Sorry if i was a bit negative, i am divorced and now think i see red flags everywhere  ??? Hope you are doing well!

Hi all, it's been one of those days.  Mostly good, just busy.

AB, six hours of fair sleep sounds good.  Mine was 8 hours of good sleep. I feel tired this afternoon.

TS, hope the doctor appointment went well for your neuropathic feet.  You deserve a break!

Finally seeing better after what you have been through with your eyes is so important. 

Enjoy your Saturday,

NG

8 hours are fantastic NG.  :thumbsup:

I got in another 6 hours of fair quality sleep according to the FitBit and that sounds and feels about right IMO.

Enjoy your Sat. buddies. It is about to rain here again, I think. I plan on just staying inside mostly today and read a book that I checked out from my local library.

[37...]