Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good afternoon buddies. I was MIA yesterday. :)

Good to see the sleep numbers. I was about 5 hours last night according to the FitBit and I did not have any sleep interruptions.

Thanks for sharing SnelleJelle your love for sports and exercise. You are a beast man (LOL). I have that same passion, but I can't do nearly what I could do when I was much younger, but that is to be expected as we age. I still think it is important to develop a lifetime of exercise even into your 80s and 90s unless you have severe physical limitations that just prevent it. I don't understand why some ppl exercise, but they say they hate it. I find it a very enjoyable, pleasant experience. Plus, it really makes you feel better after you are all done.

You also seem to have a pretty good exercise history NG, even tho I know you have problems with your knees now. That is really good. I get most of my cardio from riding my stationary bike at home, then I go to my fitness ctr for light to moderate resistance training. The fitness ctr has bikes and other cardio equipment there, but I don't like to use their cardio equipment. There is one type of exercise fan bike that I love and that is what I mostly use at home for my aerobic Workouts. I bought it off Amazon several years ago.

RnR said>>>

'5h and 6 minutes. Shorter than it should be, but good'

Lowest heartrate: 38

Nice low HR RnR. Are you an exercise junkie too?

TS said>>>

the heat is gone, but the house is still warm. My AC is a Godsend. It keeps the living room nice and cool. I regret not having had it installed in the bedroom as well. But who knows? You would probably laugh at our heatwaves, but boy was it hot this week! Now we're having some much-needed rain and pleasant temps. This weekend is going to be quite warm again.

It has been really hot here in the US also TS. Indeed, the AC is a godsend. I had to have my unit serviced 3 days ago. A capacitor had to be replaced on the condenser.

Good afternoon all,

Glad you are back AB! Five hours isnt bad when there are no interruptions. 

Like you, exercising makes me feel better and it lifts my mood.  The stationary bike is great for exercise and cardio.  I have put mine aside, as it caused the IT band to be sore last year and then this year I developed IT band syndrome.  The PT I've been doing has helped. Perhaps this fall I will go back to using the bike. 

My sleep last night was 8 hours and 42 minutes.  I took two Hydroxyzine as I had not been sleeping well.

I wish you all good sleep and a cool evening.

NG

Hi folks,

NG,  Congrats, what a fantastic sleep!  You must feel refreshed after a night like that.

AB,  Glad you had your AC fixed! Enjoy!

My eyes are getting worse, I 'm afraid. The pressure in my good eye has been increasing over the last 3 weeks. Ugh. Since last Friday  my bad eye ( the one I had the surgery on ) has a really large dark spot just above the centre of focus. When I close my eye the spot is a  very bright white. I'm trying to not let it drive me nuts...Seeing the eye-doctor next Tuesday. I do worry, to be honest. O well, hope and pray.

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday.

Peace!

TS

GM Buddies.

FitBit says 5 hours for me with one hour of deep sleep. Sleep was fair in quality.

My eyes are getting worse, I 'm afraid. The pressure in my good eye has been increasing over the last 3 weeks. Ugh. Since last Friday  my bad eye ( the one I had the surgery on ) has a really large dark spot just above the centre of focus. When I close my eye the spot is a  very bright white. I'm trying to not let it drive me nuts...Seeing the eye-doctor next Tuesday. I do worry, to be honest.

I am so sorry to hear this TS. Give me a brief history if you do not mind sharing with your eye issues? When did you 1st start having eye problems and what exactly have you been diagnosed with?

Hello  AB,

Nice to see your sleep was quite ok.

About 2 years ago I started noticing more and more floaters in my eyes. At the beginning of last year I went to see an eye-doctor. He advised against an operation because of the serious side effects. So I let it be. But 6 months later things were still getting worse, so I went back to the hospital. My usual doctor was on holiday,  so I saw another eye-doctor. She said I had dry eyes as well as floaters, she put me on 'artificial tears.' When I came back for a check-up she saw inflammation in one eye. I started taking other eye drops. The second eye got inflamed as well. From there on the medications caused cataracts in both eyes. Had surgery done on the first eye last of May. On the prescription eye drops that come with the cataract surgery for a month. Planning to have a new glass this week. And now this shit happens...

Sorry it perhaps became a bit lenghthy. But there you have it. Out of one misery- benzo  - into the next.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, buddy!

TS

Hi all,

Last night I slept 2 hours and 31 minutes. REM was 8 minutes and deep sleep was 12 minutes. I feel wired tonight.  The little sleep was not surprising as I didn't take the hydroxyzine. 

Sleep well,'

NG

Polar M430:

5h12

Short but good

Lowest heartrate: 41

Good morning to you SnelleJelle. 5Hours is good. Wow! You are really fit.

I also got 5 hours.

Enjoy your day my friend.  :)

That sucks NG. Hopefully, the night before was a lot better for you. I did not fare much better. I only got a little less than 3 hours.

Thanks for the explanation, TS. I hope you can get your eye situations resolved eventually.

Hi all,

Last night I slept 2 hours and 31 minutes. REM was 8 minutes and deep sleep was 12 minutes. I feel wired tonight.  The little sleep was not surprising as I didn't take the hydroxyzine. 

Sleep well,'

NG

Hi everyone,

Sorry NG your sleep wasn't any good. Hopefully better sleep returns asap.

Well, I saw the eye-doctor this morning. I was having more visual issues since this weekend. Turns out I have retinal detachment. She sent me to the university hospital. They did all sorts of tests again and confirmed the findings. I have to undergo surgery this Friday. Is this misery ever going to end?

At least it'll get rid of my floaters. 😖😓🥺

Not a happy chappy at the moment!

After the operation I 'll probably have to 'sleep ' in an upright position for a few nights. So much for good sleep, right?

TS

Good morning all,

TS, I am so sorry to hear the news concerning your eyes.  Life isn't fair for you right now, but you will be in good hands this Friday. 

Sleeping upright sounds challenging at best.  Hopefully you will be tired enough to sleep anyway.

I slept 8 hours and 9 minutes which was nice. I had a fair number of wake ups, but did manage to go back to sleep each time. 

Sleep well,

NG

Well, I saw the eye-doctor this morning. I was having more visual issues since this weekend. Turns out I have retinal detachment. She sent me to the university hospital. They did all sorts of tests again and confirmed the findings. I have to undergo surgery this Friday. Is this misery ever going to end?

At least it'll get rid of my floaters. 😖😓🥺

Not a happy chappy at the moment!

After the operation I 'll probably have to 'sleep ' in an upright position for a few nights. So much for good sleep, right?

TS

Sorry to hear about your retinal detachment.  Does explain the floaters. I had a retinal detachment operation 20 years ago in my left eye.  I didn't have to sleep upright at all.  I also have glaucoma in my right eye.  It's strange how these retinal detachments just happen spontaneously.  ???

Good luck with the operation.  It can be done with local anesthsia, or general, if preferred.  I chose general as I didn't want to feel claustrophobic.

Forgot to add that my retinologist's name was Dr. Blinder (no kidding).  Did a great job. 

I slept 8 hours and 9 minutes which was nice. I had a fair number of wake ups, but did manage to go back to sleep each time.

Happy for you NG.  :)

GM Benzobuddies....

Only 3 hours and 42 mins for me according to the FitBit. Ugh! Better than nothing, I suppose.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends.

Hi all,

AB, we were in the same boat last night.  Hopefully we sleep better tonight.

I had 3 hours and 23 mins with zero deep sleep and 20 minutes of REM.

My brain would not stop thinking with a lot of instant replays and worrying about what was to come. Uff

NG

Hi folks,

Sorry you didn't sleep very well, NG and AB.  Tonight might bring more sleep!

RandR, thank you for your post about your RD- surgery. Gives me hope. The name of your doctor made me lol.

I tried sleeping more upright last night, just in case. I kept waking up. So tonight I am not going to repeat the experiment...

Enjoy your Wednesday!

TS

Hi buddies,

Sleepyjo,  nice to see you here again. Sorry your night was bad. Hold on, it's gonna get better.

I slept some 7 hours last night. Really glad about that. Makes up for the lack of sleep in the night before

Hopefully we'll all have a pleasant day!

TS

Hi all,

TS, good to hear you slept better.

Sleepyjo, hopefully your sleep improves soon. I feel for you. 

I slept a little over six hours. 

Take care,

NG

Whenever I actually sleep, it's great. Sometimes I get a whole entire 8 hours of sleep at once now at 36 months. Problem is, I can't sleep at night time. I'm going through that split sleep stuff that a lot of people talk about, so I would give it a 2 because it sucks.

[38...]