Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

4Gilly--

We live in the United States but my youngest son loves British soccer so I know exactly what you are talking about! We usually watch the games on the weekends and I really hope to bring him to a game live and in person someday. We just have to get him and me feeling consistently better.

I have had a cold now for 8 days! Cannot shake it. It's the first time I have been sick in forever and I know I will likely be well by Christmas so just trying to hang in there for now.

Welcome back Intend!  so many details to sort out in life....

:smitten:

SS

Thank you SS. Yes, a lot to take care of.

I’m not debilitated yet, but I am worried. All these generic switches have effected my CNS, so making all decisions kind of throws me for a loop.

Lady Mary l don't know how you cope with migraines you are a strong lady.l am on for a moment cause the screen is killing me.Just lying about with a cold cloth over my eyes and brow.Very attractive.l hope you are feeling ok and you have a good day with your boys.

Love you Lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

I am sorry Stut, l have one too. They are awful.  Mine were doing so well til last month.  I have wracked my brain trying to figure out what changed and can think of nothing.  Ugh, hope yours eases up soon. Love you much.  Mary

Ah, nice one NJ! Liverpool winning 3-0 right now. It would be brilliant if you and your son could come over and watch a match. Don't think tickets are easy to get hold of, but you might be lucky. Who does he support? Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx

Sorry, NJ, I should have said that I hope you feel better soon. Colds are horrible and you are more likely to get one right now because you've been under so much stress. Hope you feel better soon.

Gilly xxxxx

I wonder if anyone can help me. Has anyone on here had very bad intrusive thoughts? They are driving me mad. Really upsetting me. Sorry to be asking for help again.  :'(  Thanks. Gxxx

I think we all do when we are feeling really bad or letting how long this is going to take going round in our heads .  Mine are worse when my migraines are acting up.  Usually as soon as I feel better, the bad thoughts go away.  This is a hard way to survive, but survive we must.  Luv ya 🇬🇧 boo for Liverpool  :D. Mary ☮️💜💚❤️🙏🐱

Thanks Mary. I think it might still be because I went to Rebecca's the other day. That's good if I know everyone is the same. You're a Sweetheart. Love you. Gilly xxxxx

Did anyone here start tapering when they were already having symptoms for a long time of tolerance and holding still helped them ?

Yes!  I was in horrible tolerance when I start galloping down in my taper.  :idiot::sick:

My five month hold helped tremendously!  The physical sxs I was having started to ameliorate and I could "feel" my CNS settling... It took some really discipline for me as such a big part wanted to continue tapering, but I persisted. 

It was like a fresh breeze after the year of hell -- tapering, and the five or so months of horrible tolerance sxs.

I don't know where I would now be if I hadn't held..... scary to think of

:)

SS

Thank you SS I’m glad you got some relief.

I feel like I’m the only one who’s been in tolerance so many years. I didn’t know. I just kept switching anti depressants and staying on klon. I’m still not convinced it’s not just me and my anxiety.  I’m really praying for all of us and that my CNS starts to heal as I hold. ❤️

Did anyone here start tapering when they were already having symptoms for a long time of tolerance and holding still helped them ?

Yes!  I was in horrible tolerance when I start galloping down in my taper.  :idiot::sick:

My five month hold helped tremendously!  The physical sxs I was having started to ameliorate and I could "feel" my CNS settling... It took some really discipline for me as such a big part wanted to continue tapering, but I persisted. 

It was like a fresh breeze after the year of hell -- tapering, and the five or so months of horrible tolerance sxs.

I don't know where I would now be if I hadn't held..... scary to think of

:)

SS

Thank you SS I’m glad you got some relief.

I feel like I’m the only one who’s been in tolerance so many years. I didn’t know. I just kept switching anti depressants and staying on klon. I’m still not convinced it’s not just me and my anxiety.  I’m really praying for all of us and that my CNS starts to heal as I hold. ❤️

Offandon -- it is tricky to discern what came first.

It's a great time to try some things to help with anxiety -- sorry if this is old hat to you and you are doing everything.

But if I didn't manage my anxiety carefully I could get caught in it.... I have to be vigilant in making sure my thinking is helping me not getting me into a pit.  I have to meditate every day, make sure I get some exercise, and make sure I have some fun daily.  Something that gets me to laugh even if it's a silly TV show... and other things that help make life liveable while all of this is going on..

I figure we're all in this together

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

My sxs are mainly physical at this point

Trishy, did you forget someone in all those posts I just read , like me >:(

Damn, what's a person to think?  You know I am sensitive  :(

Sad Mary.  ☮️💜🙏

oh no Sweet D I could never forget you!  You're my other half of dumb, that's kinda like being joined at the hip!  :laugh I just hopped on real quick last night read a few posts and commented on a few. You're the cherry tomato in my garden salad how could I ever forget you?!  :D

Hope you're feeling well D, and had a good day. I've been running around shopping, wrapping and made Sunday dinner. Kids just left thank god! I love when they come over but I also love when they get the hell out of here! That's a whole lot of energy going on with 6 adults and 2 toddler aged children :D

Big extra hugs for you,

Trish :smitten:

Stut, thinking about you, hate to think of you feeling bad.  My migraine eased up after a late nap.  I have that feeling like it's lingering in the background.  I did manage to do more exercises, we need to be wealthy.

I do hope you are resting or asleep with the babies around you.  Love you my Queen, Lady Mary. 🐕🐶🐱🐾🐾🐾🎄🎄🎄☮️💜🙏

Sad Mary.  ☮️💜🙏

oh no Sweet D I could never forget you!  You're my other half of dumb, that's kinda like being joined at the hip!  :laugh I just hopped on real quick last night read a few posts and commented on a few. You're the cherry tomato in my garden salad how could I ever forget you?!  :D

Hope you're feeling well D, and had a good day. I've been running around shopping, wrapping and made Sunday dinner. Kids just left thank god! I love when they come over but I also love when they get the hell out of here! That's a whole lot of energy going on with 6 adults and 2 toddler aged children :D

Big extra hugs for you,

Wow, woman, what a day.  Glad you had such a good day with family.  I totally understand loving when they come and loving when they go :D.  Fried onions on your green bean casserole, luv ya, Mary

🙏🙏🙏🙏🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁☮️💜

Hello Everyone. I am still exhausted after going to my daughter's for Christmas. I slept for twelve hours straight. I know that Cant said he'd done that and I told him that it was his body healing. I hope it is like that with me.

Stut, you are always there for everyone else. I so much hope that you feel better soon. What a shame about the trip and the money lost.

Just watching the Liverpool v Man Utd match. That might not mean anything to most of you. I am in my pyjamas and dressing gown and my beautiful friend Tilly is on my knee. Only just managed to get out of bed. Hope it is better for when Dave's parents come for Christmas. I'm lying low and resting.

Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxxxx

dressing gown ::) .. Is that a robe or night gown? That's what we say in America but I so love the way you brits talk lol!! I love the accent and I love the  different words and phrases.. Well I do have English blood so maybe that's why , thanks to grandma Alice from Blackpool lol!

Sad Mary.  ☮️💜🙏

Big extra hugs for you,

Wow, woman, what a day.  Glad you had such a good day with family.  I totally understand loving when they come and loving when they go :D.  Fried onions on your green bean casserole, luv ya, Mary

🙏🙏🙏🙏🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁☮️💜

oh yeah, busy is my middle name these days, I love Christmas but it's exhausting..I cleaned, shopped, wrapped, had kids for dinner and tomorrow is wear your Christmas socks to school, Tuesday is wear red and green day , Wednesday is wear crazy Christmas hat day, Thursday is ugly sweater day and Friday is polar express day so I have to wear pajamas to school bc we're watching the movie with kids and having hot chocolate and Christmas party :D:idiot:

Sad Mary.  ☮️💜🙏

Big extra hugs for you,

I would love to see that, take video  ;D:D

🙏🙏🙏🙏🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁☮️💜

oh yeah, busy is my middle name these days, I love Christmas but it's exhausting..I cleaned, shopped, wrapped, had kids for dinner and tomorrow is wear your Christmas socks to school, Tuesday is wear red and green day , Wednesday is wear crazy Christmas hat day, Thursday is ugly sweater day and Friday is polar express day so I have to wear pajamas to school bc we're watching the movie with kids and having hot chocolate and Christmas party :D:idiot:

Lady Mary,SS Trish and intend my lovely ladies l hope all goes well for you today.l am all up in the air here to be perfectly honest with you l don't know what to do.My daughter is disappointed at missing her break and they have lost over 500 pounds.The wee girl's mother is home with nothing wrong with her the doctor thinks she just fainted.

I think lady Mary you have given me one of your headaches so no matter what l will probably be laying low here for today.

Love you all my friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

oh damn Stut I'm so sorry your poor girl losing money and missing her break, that's a real bitch! :tickedoff:

You're probably asleep right now but I hope your headache has diminished and you're sleeping peacefully..

Love and big hugs,

Trish :smitten: :smitten:

You want a video of me looking like a complete and total fool all week?!  :laugh:..Oh D your such a wise ass and that's why I love ya!!  :D:laugh:

ATTENTION POST OFFICE:

VIDEO OF A CHRISTMAS A$$HOLE

SEND TO: SWEET D

SOUTH TEXAS

:laugh: :laugh:

You want a video of me looking like a complete and total fool all week?!  :laugh:..Oh D your such a wise ass and that's why I love ya!!  :D:laugh:

ATTENTION POST OFFICE:

SOUTH TEXAS

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am going to put it on the dark web now :-* :-* >:D. You are so funny, I am happy to have you as the other d 💚💜❤️

:laugh::hug:

ATTENTION POST OFFICE:

SOUTH TEXAS

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am going to put it on the dark web now :-* :-* >:D. You are so funny, I am happy to have you as the other d 💚💜❤️

:laugh: :laugh: :hug:

Hi Trishy. My dressing gown is a towelling thing with a tie belt round it. But they can have buttons or whatever. They go over your nightwear when you are out of bed but not dressed. You get the idea.

Over here, a nightgown is an old fashioned word for a nightie, which some women wear in bed. I wear pyjamas instead.

Interesting fact. Not only do we use the words "dressing gown" over here, but it was the very first thing I ever said, according to my Mum. Trust me, most kids say "cat" or "dog" but I always have to complicate things...

The sponge in your trifle.  Gilly xxxxx

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let Off and anyone else here sending you my love and support hopefully today will be a better day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Just going to do a quick message today my headache is much the same l am hoping as the day wears on it will improve.Like everything it will take as long as it takes.l am thinking of you all and if you are struggling hang in there.

Love and hugs Stut X

[b5...]