Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you SO much MiYu. It's very kind of you to get in touch with me. I've been worrying about coping with Christmas since the start of October when the adverts started to come on. It's no wonder I am so exhausted. Now I am in such a mess and feel like I'm moaning all the time on here. Thanks again.

Mary, I just feel at rock bottom. Going to Rebecca's was much too much for me. Stut did tell me that it might be too much but I couldn't let Rebecca down. In the past it has just been a matter of time before a window came round, but Christmas is complicating things. I'm a bit better now Dave is back, as you are when Tim is home.

Roll on New Year!  Gilly xxxxx

I'm very sorry Dave's mom is sick, but it probably is much better for you right now... try to enjoy Dave being home and we will all hope for some healing over the holidays.  Love you much, mushy peas wth your fish n chips, Mary....give Tily big pet and kiss for me. 🐱🐾🐾🐾💜🙏☮️

Morning Byrujn l see you stopped your ad as well as tapering the benzo to be honest with you apart from all the changes with the generic brands l would imagine you are also suffering from ad withdrawal.l would hold for at least 6 months before considering tapering any further to allow everything to settle down.l know you probably want to get off these drugs as soon as possible but to give yourself a chance a good long hold will hopefully give you a better chance to get off and stay off.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I really appreciate it!!

It was really hard to know what was ad withdrawal and what was/is K withdrawal.

I slept ok last night though and dreamt for the first time in 3 weeks!

Woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck though

Oh well...ill get there eventually

Thank you SO much MiYu. It's very kind of you to get in touch with me. I've been worrying about coping with Christmas since the start of October when the adverts started to come on. It's no wonder I am so exhausted. Now I am in such a mess and feel like I'm moaning all the time on here. Thanks again.

Mary, I just feel at rock bottom. Going to Rebecca's was much too much for me. Stut did tell me that it might be too much but I couldn't let Rebecca down. In the past it has just been a matter of time before a window came round, but Christmas is complicating things. I'm a bit better now Dave is back, as you are when Tim is home.

Roll on New Year!  Gilly xxxxx

I'm very sorry Dave's mom is sick, but it probably is much better for you right now... try to enjoy Dave being home and we will all hope for some healing over the holidays.  Love you much, mushy peas wth your fish n chips, Mary....give Tily big pet and kiss for me. 🐱🐾🐾🐾💜🙏☮️

I don't mean I Think it's better she's sick, I mean that they won't be coming.  I'm very sorry she's sick and hope she gets to spend Christmas at home.  I thought about how that sounded, sorry, didn't mean it that way at all.  Love Mary ❤️

oh dear...coming up to my period....

Little worried. Still trying to adjust to name brand k after generic switched and put myself in wd with a stupid taper I didn't understand

SS, I hope you are okay Sista! Out shopping, or singing 🎤 🎶🎵, having a merry time.  Always need a post from you, you are on my mind.  I love you and guess who else?  Yes, Sufi and Zorro

Mary.  🙏💜☮️

Sweet Mary, I knew exactly what you meant and I totally agree with you. I hope she is at her home for Christmas too. She is still in hospital. She has had a stent put in. Dave says that opens up the veins so that the antibiotics go in. It sounds like a horrible thing. I don't know how it happened. In a way she's been lucky because I think it can lead to sepsis.

I think I would have been able to cope with them staying over it I hadn't been to Rebecca's. It was either one or the other. Looking after myself only, it is a relief that they aren't coming. I know that sounds selfish but that is what my body and brain are saying and this time I must listen to them.

Acceptance yet again. I hate that bloody word!

Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx

P.S. Tilly is on my lap so I have given her some strokes from you. I will give her some kisses later when I can  reach! 🐱🐱🐱

Hi Byrujan l don't really think there is much of a difference between ad withdrawal symptoms and benzo withdrawal so what you have been going through is absolutely normal obviously increased even further by tapering the benzo.

You have a long road ahead but with time and patience you will get through.l would hold for at least 6 months and try to let your brain heal.We have another buddy here who held for a year before starting her benzo withdrawal and it helped her a lot.

Glad to hear you slept better.

Love and hugs Stut X

SS, I hope you are okay Sista! Out shopping, or singing 🎤 🎶🎵, having a merry time.  Always need a post from you, you are on my mind.  I love you and guess who else?  Yes, Sufi and Zorro

Mary.  🙏💜☮️

Hi There Lovely!

Just reading along and getting through my day.  Thanks for always being here for all of us....

Some days I'm just quiet.  :D;)

Hope that you have a great time in your decorated house with all those trimmings

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi SS yes we all need quiet times.l hope your withdrawal symptoms have eased off a bit my love?I always mean to ask how is your mum is she keeping well?

Enjoy your day my lovely

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Byrujan l don't really think there is much of a difference between ad withdrawal symptoms and benzo withdrawal so what you have been going through is absolutely normal obviously increased even further by tapering the benzo.

You have a long road ahead but with time and patience you will get through.l would hold for at least 6 months and try to let your brain heal.We have another buddy here who held for a year before starting her benzo withdrawal and it helped her a lot.

Glad to hear you slept better.

Love and hugs Stut X

Byrjun,

I didn’t see that pristiq AD on your signature. You’ve definitely been the rounds with being in so many places on BB.

I sure hope I gave you good info as I couldn’t believe how many threads I replied to this morning. One right after another because I too have been all over this forum the last few days.

Just missed that AD on your signature.

Yep, Stut is right for sure. So many sx of getting off ADs quickly have similar sx as benzo withdrawal.

Someone over at survivingantidepressants.org put up a table that shows the same sx for both AD withdrawal and benzo withdrawal. And that table was showing gradual withdrawal of both, so if you do AD withdrawal quickly, most people will feel that.

Some won’t and easily get off both of these, but not everyone.

I remember my first pdoc telling me to try Prozac and then Zoloft. Didn’t take me long for both of those to put me completely asleep. Dropped one like a rock, then later on after she said try Zoloft, got affected the same way, so dropped that also. By then, I just knew that ADs weren’t for me, but I got lucky in that I wasn’t on them for more than a week or so.

Unfortunately, it seems that doctors just love ADs and now antipsychotics.

Even though I’ve been offered different benzo related meds (like Gabapentin) I  refuse to take anything else  except this crazy benzo. And if anyone offered me an antipsychotic, I’d probably give them a good slap across the face.

I may have been gullible about benzos, but I’m not gullible now about what I call “brain meds.”

[*]

[*]

Stut,

I sure hope that cephalaxin helps with whatever is going on. It’s a powerful antibiotic that works well for infections if that’s the problem.

Dan had a big root canal done last June and the endodonist prescribed that. Actually he also got dilauded for pain also. He only took a couple because he was wary of getting addicted, but also the pain went away quickly.

And when he sawed off part of his thumb, I took that with me to the ER, and those docs were shocked I had it. They said it was more addictive than heroin. Even said they couldn’t dispense it to him, but would check if I could, and I could so I gave it to him. It helped a lot. And then he went into shock from loss of blood. But luckily no transfusion given. I most likely would have refused that also. Too many problems with transfusions.  Only have one if absolutely necessary.

I’m off track as usual.

Just hope you get a firm dx of whatever is going on. You’re lucky your daughter has a doc for a friend.

🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀 🌺 🌸 💐

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let Off Bry and anyone l have missed hoping all have a withdrawal symptoms free day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Intend lovely to see you back.l hope your crossover is going smoothly.l had an ear infection which l took amoxicillin for sadly it didn't clear it up so the infection spread.Thank God my daughter asked her friend to have a look at me as l thought l was suffering a migraine so now hopefully l will be up and about in the next couple of days.

I need to be as l have a lot to do before Xmas so l will be up whether l am fit or not.l hope Dan is doing well and you are not having too much stress at the moment.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Gilly l wrote you a post yesterday but l think you missed it.l hope you feel a bit stronger today.Just go with the flow this too shall pass.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Lady Mary l am a bit worried you weren't on last night l hope it isn't another migraine.l am just giving this one more day.My head is still pounding perhaps not just as bad.Feeling more queazy but that's the Keflex.l hope you just were busy with Tim and Sly last night and not the damn headache.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Can't l know this is a bit of a waste of time but l will give it a go if you are lurking please let us know how you are my love.We miss you here.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Lady Mary l am a bit worried you weren't on last night l hope it isn't another migraine.l am just giving this one more day.My head is still pounding perhaps not just as bad.Feeling more queazy but that's the Keflex.l hope you just were busy with Tim and Sly last night and not the damn headache.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

I was on, but everyone scattered as Trishy says, who I am getting a little worried about, hope she posts soon.  I answered a few posts on other threads bot LHSG was very slow.  People probably trying to take care of last minute Christmas.

Good morning LHSG, hope you all are having decent days , love you all.

Stut, is this Dr good looking?  Will we ever get you home  :D. Glad your sister is taking care of Christmas dinner, begood is right, don't rush...take care of my babies and yourself.  Love you, Mary ☮️💜🙏🐶🐕🦉🎄🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁💥💥💥

Morning Lady Mary the wee boy is alright handsome enough l think l am not going to get my wish they are just friends.l think he has a wee thing for her but she's not interested sadly.l told her to get interested but no.Awe well l can dream.

I will have to get home the latest would be Sunday so l am aiming for that.l will do desserts for my sister which is simple enough.

How's you today?I would think Trish is exhausted she will be on before Xmas.

Love you my Lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Lady Mary the wee boy is alright handsome enough l think l am not going to get my wish they are just friends.l think he has a wee thing for her but she's not interested sadly.l told her to get interested but no.Awe well l can dream.

I will have to get home the latest would be Sunday so l am aiming for that.l will do desserts for my sister which is simple enough.

How's you today?I would think Trish is exhausted she will be on before Xmas.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh, you are right, every day at school this week they were something special for the kids, including p j day.  I wanted a video but she cussed me  :laugh: 

My left top shoulder is hurting like it did several months ago.  Have no idea why, of course it's the side I sleep on.  See physical therapist tomorrow, maybe she can do something.  You rest some, thinking of you.  Love Mary ☮️💜🙏🐕🐾🦉

Get at the stretches you probably lay on it wrong.I know until you get that damn drug tapered etc you are going to have to focus on loosening up that back.Get my lovely Tim to give you a massage when he gets home.You rest my lady Mary and enjoy your comfy settee.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hello Everyone.  My friend Stut, I would never ignore you, so yes, I must have missed your message. I will go back and have a look. Thank you so much for your support. You're a Star. Hope so much that you feel better soon.

I am feeling a little bit better today. I have been sleeping and resting in bed. Of course, LOTS of stress has been taken off me because Dave's parents aren't coming for Christmas. I can't believe the relief. I hope I don't sound selfish. Sometimes I can cope with them being here but at the moment I cant. I got a DVD with an Amazon voucher that I got from my Mum for Christmas. (We exchanged presents when we went to Rebecca's). I got interested in that last night instead of having the looping, intrusive thoughts. So that is encouraging.

Just want to rest now. Everything is done for Christmas, so I can. If I am well enough then I will go with Dave to his sister's house on Christmas Day. I've got a few days to recuperate before then.

Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxxxx

Ah, I found it,Stut! Yes, I will just do what I can to cope. I'm under no pressure now.  Sorry that you have things to do for Christmas while you still feel poorly. Get Well Soon!!!  Love, Gilly xxxxx

Hi SS yes we all need quiet times.l hope your withdrawal symptoms have eased off a bit my love?I always mean to ask how is your mum is she keeping well?

Enjoy your day my lovely

Love and hugs Stut X

G'morning sweet Stut!

How is the ear? How are you feeling?  Did the antibiotic work?  Even when they work they cause a bit of havoc in the system.... I've been thinking of you and hoping that things are improving...

My mom is doing well -- thanks for the inquiry. she's a trooper! 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SS

Hey guys,

I haven't posted here for a very long time. I just wanted to post the result of the long hold I had earlier this year (6 months), as this might encourage some people.

These symptoms went away:

- Anxiety

- Insomnia

- Head pain

- Shaking

- Feeling of doom/despair

- Suicidal ideation

- Hallucinations

- Balance issues

- Others I surely forgot about

- Red marks on skin

I am now very slowly tapering and these symptoms did NOT go away during the hold:

- Tinnitus

- Visual Snow

- Emotional numbness / depression / libido -> Likely the medication itself is causing these, not just the withdrawal, I'm pretty sure these will go away (as opposed to the other 2)

Hopefully that gives some hope to some of you guys struggling.

Yes  a post filled with hope -- except for the tinnitus  :laugh:  (funny/not funny)  I truly think it is something i will simply be dealing with for the rest of ....

:):smitten:

Hi Everyone. Stut, hope the new antibiotics are kicking in. Mary, hope your migraines are staying away and that you're not hurting from yesterday's pt.

Just heard that Dave's Mum and Dad will definitely not be coming here for Christmas. His Mum is still in hospital with a leg infection, still on intravenous antibiotics. It is just as well because I am really bad at the moment. I managed to do the Christmas tree and decorations with Dave last night and it looks lovely in here (lounge). Apart from that, it seems like I am still suffering from going to Rebecca's last Friday. When I got up last Friday I hardly had the energy to get dressed. I forced myself to do it and went against everything my body was telling me to do. Now it seems that my body is taking its revenge. Just got out of bed and I'm sitting here with Tilly on my knee. Did the vacuuming last night because of all the stuff that came off the Christmas tree. So there's nothing that desperately needs doing, thank goodness. Just going to watch some tv. Sorry for being such a drag. Hope everyone else is having an okay day. Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx ❤❤❤

Oh 4G,

sorry that there was such a price to pay for going to Rebecca's... And that Dave's Mum is still in hospital -- getting some good care though..

There is always that tension between doing too much and getting my butt out to do things.  It always comes down to what the body is capable of doesn't it...

I'm hoping that a rest, and knowing that Xmas will be quiet will be a good antidote.

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

[9b...]