Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I planned on posting today.

Got up early, had long talk with Dan, took my first dose, and looked over entire forum.

But didn’t even leave the house.

Dan and I have to make changes to our estate plan, so we talked about that.

And I woke up with a “start” because I suddenly realized that we need to transfer our pension plan back to Utah Retirement Systems. Otherwise we may be hit with paying taxes on a different plan we have. So that was part of our discussion also.

Had a bunch of emails to reply to also. And now it’s dark outside, and we’re not going anywhere.

There’s always tomorrow, and I plan on posting on a regular basis now.

I planned on posting today.

Got up early, had long talk with Dan, took my first dose, and looked over entire forum.

But didn’t even leave the house.

Dan and I have to make changes to our estate plan, so we talked about that.

And I woke up with a “start” because I suddenly realized that we need to transfer our pension plan back to Utah Retirement Systems. Otherwise we may be hit with paying taxes on a different plan we have. So that was part of our discussion also.

Had a bunch of emails to reply to also. And now it’s dark outside, and we’re not going anywhere.

There’s always tomorrow, and I plan on posting on a regular basis now.

I'm glad to hear that Intend my friend, tell Dan I said hi and give Pepper a big pet for me.  Love ya! Mary 🎄🎄🎄🎄🐱🐾🐾🐾💜💚🎁🎁

G' Day LHSG,

Welcome CKK,

Yes the end of the taper needs to be much slower than the beginning of we get tied up in knots!

Happy Birthday NJ!  May this next year be better... and better and better..

Gilly -- I'm guessing that you'll be able to go if you take good care of yourself and practice good anxiety management.... it could be worth it?

Stut and Mary -- the coat tree worked well but you would have been so much more fun!

Our party went well!  So many friends and neighbours showed up and were enthusiastic about our wee group.  And then they stayed and stayed and stayed!  There was so much food brought!  and wine and good laughter and joy!

I was sure that I would be completely out of it the next day -- but I wasn't!!!!  Really I must say these new supplements are making a world of difference.... I literally could not have done it three months ago.  I'm taking it easy but am very prepared to taper again for another month and see what that is like.  My percentage may possibly go up but it's still within a very conservative number.

I've tapered again now for two nights, as I want to get the ball rolling again.

Intend, Trishy, Free BG, and anyone else who is reading here.....

We can get through this season folks!  I saw a plate at a shop today that had written on it.

"we're all in this together."  Wanted to get one for all of us here...

:smitten: :smitten:

I'm a bit behind on the posts but just read this and am so happy that your party went well! Live it up girl!  :thumbsup:

I'll be tapering again day after Christmas. I'm trying not to think about it but as it nears I'm getting a little nervous, guess that's to be expected.

We are all in this together and I'm really glad it's with all of you!

So keep singing our Canadian idol and living life!  Encore, encore!! :clap: :clap: ;D

4G, super fantastic!! I knew you could do it!! I am absolutely thrilled for you! You faced the fear and you did it!! Way to go girl! :clap: :clap:

Cherry on your ice cream sundae,

Much love,

Trish :smitten:

Did anyone here start tapering when they were already having symptoms for a long time of tolerance and holding still helped them ?

hi off,

I wish I could help answer that for you but I take Xanax. I can tell you I tapered while still having wicked wd symptoms, big mistake! I learned and held and I feel good no wd sxs at all. I've held for 6 months and will start tapering after Christmas.

Hopefully someone here on klon will see your post and maybe be more helpful.

Good luck,

Trish

Hi, everyone. Have been gone for a couple of days and have missed a lot. So sorry to hear about your family situation, Intend. That is hard. NJ, hope your son is doing better. Same to you, Trishy. Mary, my eyes are rapidly going downhill. It started in tolerance and is worse now. I really think it is the Benzo. Distance vision doesn’t change that much over time. Just heard today from a friend who said her son’s girlfriend had just been put on a Benzo. Supposedly for just a few weeks. She is a recovering addict. As we taper and suffer these drugs are prescribed everyday to others. I managed to get enough relief to decorate and have my four grandchildren over for our tradition of a weekend sleepover to decorate the tree and make gingerbread houses. I am exhausted now, but so grateful. They are upstairs getting ready to put on a play in just a bit. The house is a total wreck now, but I don’t care. I guess  I will when I have to clean up for the family Christmas. Worry about that later. It still amazes me how mentally and physically my life has changed in seven months. But just getting out of bed, dressed, and moving around was nearly impossible two weeks ago. Thank you to all of you who helped me get this far. Love, Esperanza

Hi Esp,

This is music to my ears, so happy that you got to do your holiday tradition with your grandchildren. Sounds like you're on the upswing somewhat.

I hope you have a beautiful, peaceful, joyful Christmas with your family.

Lots of love,

Stut,

Hope all is well with your daughter's friend's mom. Hope your evening went better than your day and  you had a chance to relax.

Love and hugs,

Did anyone here start tapering when they were already having symptoms for a long time of tolerance and holding still helped them ?

hi off,

I wish I could help answer that for you but I take Xanax. I can tell you I tapered while still having wicked wd symptoms, big mistake! I learned and held and I feel good no wd sxs at all. I've held for 6 months and will start tapering after Christmas.

Hopefully someone here on klon will see your post and maybe be more helpful.

Good luck,

Trish

Thank you Trish, good to know your hold worked even if xanax and not klon

Trish, Thank you so much for your encouragement and support. it means such a lot. Hope you're having a good day. Love and Hugs.  Gilly ❤x ❤x ❤x

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let and everyone here hoping everyone has a good Sunday.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Esperanza well that is great news l am so glad you were able to do that with your grandchildren.l am so happy you are seeing an improvement not as much as you want but nonetheless it is an improvement.Now remember the up and down of this process so don't despair if you have a dip it is all part of the process and learning to deal with it is an important part of getting off these drugs.

Well done my love.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Gilly yes watched the final didn't like Kevin and Stacey's showdance but glad they won.l hope you have less anxiety today.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning offandon yes l was in relative withdrawal before l started my taper l had the perceptual symptoms eg the undulating floor sensation for a long time.l also had dental pain, developed agrophobia, agitation, poor balance and God knows what else.I came into this process with one goal to stay on my feet which was essential and to get off and stay off.l discovered that l wasn't able to do a fast taper as l was getting worse the lower l went but l kept thinking push through then l hit the wall as so many do.l couldn't go down and l didn't want to go up so l held out of pure desperation.

I felt worse when l held and l thought this isn't working.It was the hardest part of my taper but it settled a lot of my withdrawal symptoms.l found the terror eased off the depression lifted all the symptoms that developed during my taper eased off.Did l feel as stable as those that didn't start off in withdrawal?No however l gdidnt expect to.The symptoms l had before starting my taper are still there but l accept that and don't panic about them.

I have restarted my taper and am now holding again until January l will drop when l can.l would suggest you hold until the symptoms are bearable and then taper slowly.

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary,SS Trish and intend my lovely ladies l hope all goes well for you today.l am all up in the air here to be perfectly honest with you l don't know what to do.My daughter is disappointed at missing her break and they have lost over 500 pounds.The wee girl's mother is home with nothing wrong with her the doctor thinks she just fainted.

I think lady Mary you have given me one of your headaches so no matter what l will probably be laying low here for today.

Love you all my friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary,SS Trish and intend my lovely ladies l hope all goes well for you today.l am all up in the air here to be perfectly honest with you l don't know what to do.My daughter is disappointed at missing her break and they have lost over 500 pounds.The wee girl's mother is home with nothing wrong with her the doctor thinks she just fainted.

I think lady Mary you have given me one of your headaches so no matter what l will probably be laying low here for today.

Love you all my friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

I hope I didn't give you one, I've tried so hard to be good with you gone and not stir up any trouble being so jealous you are STILL gone :). Sorry about you're daughter, I know that is disappointing.  Love you Stut, my headaches are really bad, I truly hope you don't have one,..Feel better soon my Queen, love, Lady Mary 🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾🐾🎄🎁☮️💜🙏

Trishy, did you forget someone in all those posts I just read , like me >:(

Damn, what's a person to think?  You know I am sensitive  :(

Sad Mary.  ☮️💜🙏

Morning LHSG, it's a beautiful morning here, chilly this morning but sun coming up and about 70 degrees this afternoon. 

thinking of you free and your mom 💜🙏☮️

begood, hope you are still feeling better and you are having nice weather too

Love to all the Village, 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂👩🏻‍✈️, train is running back and forth between Village, LHSG, and Looking Foward to a new Life...that way people without pets can have some time with the critters.  Love, pets, hot drinks and conversation.  Can't wait :D. Everyone be ready.  Love you all,

Mary 🐕🐱🐾🐾🐱🐶🐕🎄🎄💜☮️

Lady Mary l don't know how you cope with migraines you are a strong lady.l am on for a moment cause the screen is killing me.Just lying about with a cold cloth over my eyes and brow.Very attractive.l hope you are feeling ok and you have a good day with your boys.

Love you Lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Yes!  I was in horrible tolerance when I start galloping down in my taper.  :idiot::sick:

My five month hold helped tremendously!  The physical sxs I was having started to ameliorate and I could "feel" my CNS settling... It took some really discipline for me as such a big part wanted to continue tapering, but I persisted. 

It was like a fresh breeze after the year of hell -- tapering, and the five or so months of horrible tolerance sxs.

I don't know where I would now be if I hadn't held..... scary to think of

:)

SS

Love you all my friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh Stut,

What a disappointment, and an expensive one at that. What? migraines are contagious!?

Lying low sounds good though -- you've been so busy and taking care of everyone....

Enjoy your time and I hope the headache eases super duper quickly.

:smitten: :smitten:

Want to say hey to the intrepid folks here on this thread.  Braving so much together....

I went out last night (!) and am going to continue my taper at least for a few more days.

It sometimes takes my body a bit to work itself into a rhythm of tapering and I hope it does this time as well -- either that or I need to lower the percentage of the cut.  it's still very conservative, but mostly I want to be functional.  For me at this time in my taper it is important....

I say all this to see if it resonates with anyone else out there.... Such a funny deal this  w/d....

Love love

Hello Everyone. I am still exhausted after going to my daughter's for Christmas. I slept for twelve hours straight. I know that Cant said he'd done that and I told him that it was his body healing. I hope it is like that with me.

Stut, you are always there for everyone else. I so much hope that you feel better soon. What a shame about the trip and the money lost.

Just watching the Liverpool v Man Utd match. That might not mean anything to most of you. I am in my pyjamas and dressing gown and my beautiful friend Tilly is on my knee. Only just managed to get out of bed. Hope it is better for when Dave's parents come for Christmas. I'm lying low and resting.

Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxxxx

I don't know if this had anything to do with endometriosis but it seems that since I started clonazapam, my periods stopped.  I don't know if this happened to anyone else. Will it come back once I tapered completely off.

How old are you? Could it be periomenopause or menopause? My periods never stopped on K. I just turned 50 and the last year things have been very unpredictable. Have skipped some months, had regular cycles, two week cycles, this is no fun. But I don't think it has anything to do with the benzo and everything to do with being 50!

[14...]