Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning intend l hope this is your last change until you finally get off this drug.l am so glad Dan's finger healed up as there is always a risk with the diabetes.

As for Mary well you know what she is a middle aged woman so she will do what she wants regardless of the impact to all around her.Sadly my love you are wasting your breath so concentrate on yourself and Dan.As for the cats tell her to leave them down with you or hire a house sitter.

Your other daughter is probably huffing give her space and she will probably get in touch.lt is a hard lesson for anyone when they are used to you fixing things but one both your daughter's need to learn.

I hope the crossover continues smoothly.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning NJ l hope your sleep improves as you say if you don't stress about it and have patience it will settle down.Glad to hear your son is eating better that is good news.l have hope this new medication will help him.

Please think of yourself through this and try to look after your needs.Please keep us up to date.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning SS you sound as though the party was a success l am so happy for you.l believe you have this sussed my love.Just please a word of caution Xmas is coming a lot of responsibility so take it easy taper wise.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Lady Mary l hope you are doing well my love and no more migraines since.Have a good day my lovely and give my friend Tim and Sly a big hug from me.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Well folks last minute packing done we are going out for breakfast and a walk.Afternoon l will drop my daughter and her friend at the airport and head home.lt was fun while it lasted.l have a very busy day ahead so have a good one my friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hello Everyone. Just reporting in on today at my daughter's. It was very difficult, but I managed to go. The journey there was really hard. I was having horrible intrusive thoughts almost all the way there. When we arrived, Rebecca met up with us and showed me and Dave the flat. Then we had the buffet and played Bingo and Charades. I had two glasses of wine. I know it is a depressant but it's not as depressing as feeling stressed out all day and not being able to join in. My Mum had sorted out some Bingo prizes and that was good. Geoff, my Mum's partner, is very kind to me. And Rebecca's boyfriend, Kris, is lovely. So that was the six of us.

So now I am lying on my bed and I don't know how to feel. The thing I have dreaded since October is done. I think I'll end up having a big cry. The relief is massive and yet there's a hollow feeling somehow.

Stut, I want to thank you for being there, as you are for all of us. You're a Star. SS, I really appreciate your kind words and advice. Thank you so much. As for the Deadly Duo of D's, you guys are wonderful. You are always there and I just really want to say that all you guys are The Best.

Don't know what to do now. Guess I'd better go and mix up my V....

Lots of Love, Gilly xxxxx

Aaaa, you made it, I'm so proud of you and I bet Rebecca was thrilled.  You are probably in a little shock, it will go away and you will be thrilled you went.  I hope you keep up going out some, nothing huge, just little things to keep you use to going out. I bet you will be exhausted today but when you are up to it, tell us more about it.  I really am so proud of you, that was so brave.  Pet Tilly for me :D :D.  Love you, Mary 🎄🎄🎄🎄🐱🐾🎁

ve

Morning Lady Mary l hope you are doing well my love and no more migraines since.Have a good day my lovely and give my friend Tim and Sly a big hug from me.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Stut, are you home with the babies?  Been good for a few days with migraines just never know when one will pop up.  Big hugs, kisses from Tim, Sly, and Segway.  Segway may peck, not sure :D. Rest (like I actually believe you will  ;)).  You'be been going like a freight train.  GB went to the dinner and I am so proud of her.  Love you my Queen, you sound a little down, I am sure it's separation from your daughter  :(. Will she be home for Christmas 🎄?  I can't stand you being down.

Mary 🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾☮️🙏🐱🎄🎄🎄🎶🎵🎁

Oh Lady Mary l am not down l am just trying to keep calm my daughter's friend who is supposed to be going to Budapest with her today is having a major problem her mum was rushed to hospital this morning so l am waiting to see if they are going or not.l swear nothing ever goes smoothly.l also hope the wee girl's mum is ok.lt's all up in the air at the moment.l need to know before 2.30 it's 1.30 now or l won't be able to get them to the airport in time.

Then l hope to be heading home if l don't have a nervous breakdown before then. I hope you are having a calmer day my love.

GB has been amazing and l hope she continues l think she will conquer the agrophobia with patience and time.l know today will be hard but we are all with her.

Keep forgetting Segway give him a big hug from his auntie Stut.

Love you my lady Mary

Love and hugs Stut X

Hello All!  You guys really are incredible. Stut, thank you SO much. I really hope that your daughter's friend's Mum is okay. I know she can't help being ill, but what timing. I don't know if you are like me, but I HATE leaving my daughter. It always makes me cry. I hope you have a safe journey back home. Is it far away? Oh, will you be watching the dancing final tonight? Come on, Stacey!

Mary, thank you SO much too for being an amazing friend and for keeping me going. You are a love. ❤

Well, I was up quite late and I've only just got up. I am very tired. Dave is working today but I don't think he will be too long. We always have a takeaway on Saturday night, so I don't have to make a meal. I am watching tv with Tilly. She is such a Sweetheart. We all love our pets such a lot, don't we? Ideally I would have two cats, but my big boy Cajun died. Don't know what I'd do if Tilly died. I guess I would cope, but it would be horrible. Anyway, I am with Tilly and I am covered by a very big chocolate-coloured fleece. I'm having a few intrusive thoughts, but I think they will get better now I'm not thinking of having to go to Rebecca's. I've put the sports channel on because it's calming. I'm not going out today. I'm too tired after yesterday. Anyway, it is raining quite hard.

Love You All.  Gilly xxxxx 🐢🐱 🐶🐰🐭🐹🐷🐴

Hi Gilly thank you my love l am glad you are feeling ok today l hope you are proud of yourself.lt's all over the place here my daughter didn't get so l don't know what is actually happening at the moment.l will stay here tonight and see if maybe l will go home tomorrow.

I will definitely watch the final tonight l do hope Stacey wins more for Kevin than anything.l will be driving back from Dublin that's where my daughter lives for now so it will take probably 2 and a half hours.

I hope you enjoy your evening my love and l am going to try and relax a bit.lt has just been one of those days.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi, everyone. Have been gone for a couple of days and have missed a lot. So sorry to hear about your family situation, Intend. That is hard. NJ, hope your son is doing better. Same to you, Trishy. Mary, my eyes are rapidly going downhill. It started in tolerance and is worse now. I really think it is the Benzo. Distance vision doesn’t change that much over time. Just heard today from a friend who said her son’s girlfriend had just been put on a Benzo. Supposedly for just a few weeks. She is a recovering addict. As we taper and suffer these drugs are prescribed everyday to others. I managed to get enough relief to decorate and have my four grandchildren over for our tradition of a weekend sleepover to decorate the tree and make gingerbread houses. I am exhausted now, but so grateful. They are upstairs getting ready to put on a play in just a bit. The house is a total wreck now, but I don’t care. I guess  I will when I have to clean up for the family Christmas. Worry about that later. It still amazes me how mentally and physically my life has changed in seven months. But just getting out of bed, dressed, and moving around was nearly impossible two weeks ago. Thank you to all of you who helped me get this far. Love, Esperanza

Hello Everyone. Just reporting in on today at my daughter's. It was very difficult, but I managed to go. The journey there was really hard. I was having horrible intrusive thoughts almost all the way there. When we arrived, Rebecca met up with us and showed me and Dave the flat. Then we had the buffet and played Bingo and Charades. I had two glasses of wine. I know it is a depressant but it's not as depressing as feeling stressed out all day and not being able to join in. My Mum had sorted out some Bingo prizes and that was good. Geoff, my Mum's partner, is very kind to me. And Rebecca's boyfriend, Kris, is lovely. So that was the six of us.

So now I am lying on my bed and I don't know how to feel. The thing I have dreaded since October is done. I think I'll end up having a big cry. The relief is massive and yet there's a hollow feeling somehow.

Stut, I want to thank you for being there, as you are for all of us. You're a Star. SS, I really appreciate your kind words and advice. Thank you so much. As for the Deadly Duo of D's, you guys are wonderful. You are always there and I just really want to say that all you guys are The Best.

Don't know what to do now. Guess I'd better go and mix up my V....

Lots of Love, Gilly xxxxx

You did it 4G!  You did it.... I hope with the tears you have a great pride in yourself in doing something that was very challenging for you todo!  And worth the wine as a celebration of such an accomplishment!  Wow, wow wow!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hello everyone,

What a crew of intrepid and stalwart folks we have here -- with the family stuff and friend stuff and life stuff!

I hope that everyone has the best day possible in this time before some of the madness begins....  For some of us the "worst" of the madness is done and now is a coasting to new Year's -- or at least that is what i think it will be for me.

And if we can do this -- this tapering thing, well we can do anything!  Of that I am truly convinced -- the strength we will earn throughout this ordeal will last us the rest of our lives.

Guess I'm feeling philosophical today  :D

Love love love

SS, Love, love, love back atcha! Thank you SO much for your kind and encouraging words. You are a Sweetheart. I am privileged to be in this group with people like you. Gosh, I am not fit for much today! Yesterday was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I think you are probably right that the hardest thing of our Christmas is now done. You are doing amazingly well and I'm really pleased for you. ❤

Esperanza, Wow! You are SO much better! I hope that you enjoy your Christmas, but even if it isn't as good as today, the children will all remember the time you spent with them today. So that is something to treasure. I'm really pleased for you.

Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxxxx

Morning SS you sound as though the party was a success l am so happy for you.l believe you have this sussed my love.Just please a word of caution Xmas is coming a lot of responsibility so take it easy taper wise.

Love and hugs Stut X

:smitten: :smitten:

Hello All!  You guys really are incredible. Stut, thank you SO much. I really hope that your daughter's friend's Mum is okay. I know she can't help being ill, but what timing. I don't know if you are like me, but I HATE leaving my daughter. It always makes me cry. I hope you have a safe journey back home. Is it far away? Oh, will you be watching the dancing final tonight? Come on, Stacey!

Mary, thank you SO much too for being an amazing friend and for keeping me going. You are a love. ❤

Well, I was up quite late and I've only just got up. I am very tired. Dave is working today but I don't think he will be too long. We always have a takeaway on Saturday night, so I don't have to make a meal. I am watching tv with Tilly. She is such a Sweetheart. We all love our pets such a lot, don't we? Ideally I would have two cats, but my big boy Cajun died. Don't know what I'd do if Tilly died. I guess I would cope, but it would be horrible. Anyway, I am with Tilly and I am covered by a very big chocolate-coloured fleece. I'm having a few intrusive thoughts, but I think they will get better now I'm not thinking of having to go to Rebecca's. I've put the sports channel on because it's calming. I'm not going out today. I'm too tired after yesterday. Anyway, it is raining quite hard.

Love You All.  Gilly xxxxx 🐢🐱 🐶🐰🐭🐹🐷🐴

I thought you would be tired, but it's nice to have a pet and a nice warm fleece blanket to wrap up in, I am still so happy you went.  You enjoy your dancing show and have a nice calm evening.  Love ya GB.  Mary 🐱🐾🐾🐾🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🐕🦉🎁🇬🇧

Hi Gilly thank you my love l am glad you are feeling ok today l hope you are proud of yourself.lt's all over the place here my daughter didn't get so l don't know what is actually happening at the moment.l will stay here tonight and see if maybe l will go home tomorrow.

I will definitely watch the final tonight l do hope Stacey wins more for Kevin than anything.l will be driving back from Dublin that's where my daughter lives for now so it will take probably 2 and a half hours.

I hope you enjoy your evening my love and l am going to try and relax a bit.lt has just been one of those days.

Love and hugs Stut X

I hope you daughter's mom is okay, but I'm sorry your anxiety had to go off the roof.  You rest and watch your dance show, I know that is something you enjoy.  Careful coming home tomorrow.  I did a walk and 15 exercises and stretches today, rather proud of myself, got to get in shape for the Exercise Dvds we are producing.  Then Tim gave me one of his world famous massages  :D. Love you and all the babies 🐕🐶🐱🐾🐾🐾☮️💜🙏🎄🎄🎄🎄

Hi, everyone. Have been gone for a couple of days and have missed a lot. So sorry to hear about your family situation, Intend. That is hard. NJ, hope your son is doing better. Same to you, Trishy. Mary, my eyes are rapidly going downhill. It started in tolerance and is worse now. I really think it is the Benzo. Distance vision doesn’t change that much over time. Just heard today from a friend who said her son’s girlfriend had just been put on a Benzo. Supposedly for just a few weeks. She is a recovering addict. As we taper and suffer these drugs are prescribed everyday to others. I managed to get enough relief to decorate and have my four grandchildren over for our tradition of a weekend sleepover to decorate the tree and make gingerbread houses. I am exhausted now, but so grateful. They are upstairs getting ready to put on a play in just a bit. The house is a total wreck now, but I don’t care. I guess  I will when I have to clean up for the family Christmas. Worry about that later. It still amazes me how mentally and physically my life has changed in seven months. But just getting out of bed, dressed, and moving around was nearly impossible two weeks ago. Thank you to all of you who helped me get this far. Love, Esperanza

What a lovely post esperanza.  I can just picture all the chaos and happiness  :D. Glad you are feeling better, love you, Mary 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🙏🙏🙏💜💜💜

Hello everyone,

What a crew of intrepid and stalwart folks we have here -- with the family stuff and friend stuff and life stuff!

I hope that everyone has the best day possible in this time before some of the madness begins....  For some of us the "worst" of the madness is done and now is a coasting to new Year's -- or at least that is what i think it will be for me.

And if we can do this -- this tapering thing, well we can do anything!  Of that I am truly convinced -- the strength we will earn throughout this ordeal will last us the rest of our lives.

Guess I'm feeling philosophical today  :D

Love love love

Love, amore, liebe  :smitten::hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:  Mary 🐱🐱☮️💜🙏🎄🎶🎵🎁❤️💚

Hiya Mary! How are you doing? Well done for doing the exercises. That takes some discipline. You earned the massage afterwards. I'm just fluttering around Amazon to see if there is anything I fancy spending my gift voucher on. Already got a couple of books (second hand but in very good condition) and a lipstick.

I wonder how long it will take for my anxiety to go down? I don't have anything I am obliged to do tomorrow so I can chill under my blanket again with Tilly. Dave is going to watch the football (soccer) at Liverpool. They are playing Manchester United so that's a big game. Probably the biggest game of the season. He has a season ticket and is a lifelong fan.

Lots of Love.  Gilly xxxxx 🐢🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Hiya Mary! How are you doing? Well done for doing the exercises. That takes some discipline. You earned the massage afterwards. I'm just fluttering around Amazon to see if there is anything I fancy spending my gift voucher on. Already got a couple of books (second hand but in very good condition) and a lipstick.

I wonder how long it will take for my anxiety to go down? I don't have anything I am obliged to do tomorrow so I can chill under my blanket again with Tilly. Dave is going to watch the football (soccer) at Liverpool. They are playing Manchester United so that's a big game. Probably the biggest game of the season. He has a season ticket and is a lifelong fan.

Lots of Love.  Gilly xxxxx 🐢🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

:laugh: :laugh: I am on Amazon too, great minds ;). Tell Dave go USA  :D. Love ya!!  Mary

[e4...]