Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey guys,

I haven't posted here for a very long time. I just wanted to post the result of the long hold I had earlier this year (6 months), as this might encourage some people.

These symptoms went away:

- Anxiety

- Insomnia

- Head pain

- Shaking

- Feeling of doom/despair

- Suicidal ideation

- Hallucinations

- Balance issues

- Others I surely forgot about

- Red marks on skin

I am now very slowly tapering and these symptoms did NOT go away during the hold:

- Tinnitus

- Visual Snow

- Emotional numbness / depression / libido -> Likely the medication itself is causing these, not just the withdrawal, I'm pretty sure these will go away (as opposed to the other 2)

Hopefully that gives some hope to some of you guys struggling.

Hey guys,

I haven't posted here for a very long time. I just wanted to post the result of the long hold I had earlier this year (6 months), as this might encourage some people.

- Anxiety

- Insomnia

- Head pain

- Shaking

- Suicidal ideation

- Hallucinations

- Balance issues

- Red marks on skin

I am now very slowly tapering and these symptoms did NOT go away during the hold:

- Tinnitus

- Visual Snow

- Emotional numbness / depression / libido -> Likely the medication itself is causing these, not just the withdrawal, I'm pretty sure these will go away (as opposed to the other 2)

Thank you for posting that, really.  We get so many questions on what sxs and how long , but we have no real answer because everyone is so different.  But this shows one individual's progress, that is fabulous.  Will you post as you continue?  Hope for so many.  Thanks again, Mary 🙏💜☮️

A big hug to you Miyu thank you for posting that.How is your taper going  any easier?Thank you also Gilly.l can only stay on a few moments because my head gets more painful.

I had an ear infection and l had taken amoxicillin and it seemed to work.Finished the course but didn't feel very well l thought of course it was due to withdrawal.Then the headache started now l have had migraines not many so l thought that was what it was.Then my daughter's friend came today and after looking in my ears,nose throat etc he was unsure if it was perhaps a complication from the infection as everything was inflamed and swollen.He took swabs and told me to rest and results would be through tomorrow.He rang later after talking to his consultant who said Keflex asap so l have just taken one.He said he would call tomorrow to see me and hopefully in 2 or 3 days l will feel a bit better.

Lady Mary l have met my future son in law.They have no idea but l think he will do nicely 😉.

Thank you all for your kindness to me l really appreciate it.

Love and hugs Stut X

Then he is my nephew In law :D GET BETTER, damn it, love you, Mary

Hey, I just read keflex is the easiest antibiotics on gaba receptors!  Love.....Mary

Stut, just incase you wake up

Hope you are feeling some better

Miss you

LHSG misses you

begood's Village misses you  :( :( :(

I am glad you have a real family that love and care for you so much...

What are the babies doing ?  I hope in the bed wth you  :)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:💜🙏☮️🎄🎄🎄🎄🍀🍀🍀

Mary

Hey guys,

- Anxiety

- Insomnia

- Head pain

- Shaking

- Suicidal ideation

- Hallucinations

- Balance issues

- Red marks on skin

- Tinnitus

- Visual Snow

Thanks Makeit.... I hope your slow taper is successful and easeful. Good to hear your long hold helped !

Miyu

I'm holding on name brand K after TEVA stopped making their brand and I stupidly did a quick taper.

Going to the actavis brand just made things even worse for me (a lot of people feel its 50% less effective than the TEVA brand)

TEVA was great, I had no side effects. I most likely wouldve stayed on it until I hit tolerance had none of this happened.

Trying to get used to name brand, still not sleeping.

Holding until I sleep regularly, which I hope is soon, but it has only been 4 days.

WD has been keeping me from taking some of my other medicines, its awful! (can't take my procardia for raynauds ((possibly POTS undiagnosed)) which keeps my legs from vasoconstriction, since WD symptoms it causes my heart to beat too fast)

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let Off and everyone here hoping everyone has a better day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Byrujn l see you stopped your ad as well as tapering the benzo to be honest with you apart from all the changes with the generic brands l would imagine you are also suffering from ad withdrawal.l would hold for at least 6 months before considering tapering any further to allow everything to settle down.l know you probably want to get off these drugs as soon as possible but to give yourself a chance a good long hold will hopefully give you a better chance to get off and stay off.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Lady Mary,SS and Gilly not much change this end.My son in law is coming this afternoon 😀. Lady Mary don't be telling them that l have picked him for my son in law. I don't think so but l can dream 😌.l am sending you my love and miss you all.

Love and hugs Stut

Morning Makeit thank you so much for coming back and letting people see what a long hold did for you.We are so grateful.A lot of people hold however they never come back so evidence isn't always recorded.l hope you are doing well.

Love and hugs Stut

Morning Miyu l have to say that is a marked improvement and to be honest with you we take what we can get.l think I am like you never ever without withdrawal symptoms however l definitely have accepted that and l don't get as frustrated as l used to.l know l run around a lot but am l as functional as l was ?Nowhere near and most days are a struggle but it is what it is and l will get through this and so will everyone else.

I hope you post again soon my love it's always lovely to have you with us.We miss you.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let Off and everyone here hoping everyone has a better day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Tagging on, good morning LHSG.  Hope you slept well and have a decent day.  Every time I see Stut's 

list, I really wish to hear from those we haven't heard from in so long .  We love and miss you, please post a line or two if you can.

Everybody feeling decent, 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂 running today through all the small decorated Christmas villages along the way 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄👩🏻‍✈️.  Love and thinking of you all.  Mary 🙏☮️💜

Lady Mary l am going to clean up my list when l can be bothered l don't think they will be coming back.Who knows where everyone disappears to.

How are you doing today my love?Are you all ready for Xmas?

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary l am going to clean up my list when l can be bothered l don't think they will be coming back.Who knows where everyone disappears to.

How are you doing today my love?Are you all ready for Xmas?

Love and hugs Stut X

I am, Amazon is the best Christmas Store ever, and all decorating done.  Wish you were well :(

Learning my stretches and exercises for dvds, got my hair trimmed, now with any luck I can do my own highlights.  Miss you, please get better, I will be answering posts from 1998 :laugh:

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁👩🏻‍✈️

Lol. Lady Mary it's your little quirks that make you special my love lol.Glad to hear you have everything under control l just realized Xmas is next week l must get my ass in gear or there ain't gonna be one for us this year.l am giving this a couple of days then it's up and at it l don't care how l feel lol.

You enjoy your day.Get that DVD sorted and next year you and me will be loaded.Xmas on the beach for us.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Lol. Lady Mary it's your little quirks that make you special my love lol.Glad to hear you have everything under control l just realized Xmas is next week l must get my ass in gear or there ain't gonna be one for us this year.l am giving this a couple of days then it's up and at it l don't care how l feel lol.

You enjoy your day.Get that DVD sorted and next year you and me will be loaded.Xmas on the beach for us.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Love you too my Queen

Hi Everyone. Stut, hope the new antibiotics are kicking in. Mary, hope your migraines are staying away and that you're not hurting from yesterday's pt.

Just heard that Dave's Mum and Dad will definitely not be coming here for Christmas. His Mum is still in hospital with a leg infection, still on intravenous antibiotics. It is just as well because I am really bad at the moment. I managed to do the Christmas tree and decorations with Dave last night and it looks lovely in here (lounge). Apart from that, it seems like I am still suffering from going to Rebecca's last Friday. When I got up last Friday I hardly had the energy to get dressed. I forced myself to do it and went against everything my body was telling me to do. Now it seems that my body is taking its revenge. Just got out of bed and I'm sitting here with Tilly on my knee. Did the vacuuming last night because of all the stuff that came off the Christmas tree. So there's nothing that desperately needs doing, thank goodness. Just going to watch some tv. Sorry for being such a drag. Hope everyone else is having an okay day. Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx ❤❤❤

Hi Everyone. Stut, hope the new antibiotics are kicking in. Mary, hope your migraines are staying away and that you're not hurting from yesterday's pt.

Just heard that Dave's Mum and Dad will definitely not be coming here for Christmas. His Mum is still in hospital with a leg infection, still on intravenous antibiotics. It is just as well because I am really bad at the moment. I managed to do the Christmas tree and decorations with Dave last night and it looks lovely in here (lounge). Apart from that, it seems like I am still suffering from going to Rebecca's last Friday. When I got up last Friday I hardly had the energy to get dressed. I forced myself to do it and went against everything my body was telling me to do. Now it seems that my body is taking its revenge. Just got out of bed and I'm sitting here with Tilly on my knee. Did the vacuuming last night because of all the stuff that came off the Christmas tree. So there's nothing that desperately needs doing, thank goodness. Just going to watch some tv. Sorry for being such a drag. Hope everyone else is having an okay day. Love and Hugs.  Gilly xxxxx ❤❤❤

Hi Gilly , we haven't connected much before , but I wanted to say I empathize with your difficulties ... Our nervous systems are so fragile and I know if I overdo it I pay .

AND ..... You never have to apologize for writing about your sufferings! That's what we're here for , to support each other as we go through this ordeal .

Love,  miyu  :smitten:

Morning Miyu l have to say that is a marked improvement and to be honest with you we take what we can get.l think I am like you never ever without withdrawal symptoms however l definitely have accepted that and l don't get as frustrated as l used to.l know l run around a lot but am l as functional as l was ?Nowhere near and most days are a struggle but it is what it is and l will get through this and so will everyone else.

I hope you post again soon my love it's always lovely to have you with us.We miss you.

Love and hugs Stut X

Yes indeed , thank you Stut..... I also am much more accepting than I used to be , resisting  just makes life miserable !

Sometimes I get overwhelmed  by BB and need to take a break ..... But I love to connect when I can and know I ave a lovely group of people to connect with here

I hope you feel better soon dear Stut

Love, Miyu  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Gilly , we haven't connected much before , but I wanted to say I empathize with your difficulties ... Our nervous systems are so fragile and I know if I overdo it I pay .

AND ..... You never have to apologize for writing about your sufferings! That's what we're here for , to support each other as we go through this ordeal .

Love,  miyu  :smitten:

Tell her Miyu, she won't listen to me ;).  Love you GB, Mary 💝💘💖💗💓💔❣️💕💞💜💙💚💛❤️

(Gilly' s computer doesn't have many hearts, so I put all mine to make her jealous!)

Thank you SO much MiYu. It's very kind of you to get in touch with me. I've been worrying about coping with Christmas since the start of October when the adverts started to come on. It's no wonder I am so exhausted. Now I am in such a mess and feel like I'm moaning all the time on here. Thanks again.

Mary, I just feel at rock bottom. Going to Rebecca's was much too much for me. Stut did tell me that it might be too much but I couldn't let Rebecca down. In the past it has just been a matter of time before a window came round, but Christmas is complicating things. I'm a bit better now Dave is back, as you are when Tim is home.

Roll on New Year!  Gilly xxxxx

Love and hugs Stut X

Yes indeed , thank you Stut..... I also am much more accepting than I used to be , resisting  just makes life miserable !

Sometimes I get overwhelmed  by BB and need to take a break ..... But I love to connect when I can and know I ave a lovely group of people to connect with here

I hope you feel better soon dear Stut

Love, Miyu  :smitten: :smitten:

Miyu l couldn't agree more this site is full of fear and hardship and as much as it is great support it can also take it's toll.l think we all need to step back a bit at times.l know l worry when people disappear however l know that life comes first but it is amazing how you become so attached to everyone here.

Have a good day my love and enjoy what's left of your day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Gilly just do what you can it was great you went to see Rebecca but it will take a bit of time to recover.lf l remember right last year you were worrying about Xmas and here you are you got through it.The build up is always worse so know you will be able to cope.

I am sorry to hear Dave's mum is in the hospital l hope she gets home for Xmas.

Love and hugs Stut X

[26...]