Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Guys, I got down to 10 mgs and my Heart spiked and has stayed this way now for a month.  I'm in a very dangerous situation.  Doc tried Atenolol (beta Blocker) didn't work.......then Lopressor (beta blocker) didn't work.  Now Spironolactone 25 mg, with Clonidine, I was up all night long.  Didn't work.

Called them Friday, no call back, had to white knuckle it all weekend with no sleep.  It's not working.  So I finally got hold of them today but the doctor is busy, they're trying to get his attention to order me Propranolol.  Hoping this finally stops my BP from spiking.  I'm concerned about the damage to my heart with my BP high for so long.  Has anyone else tried the Propranolol and has it worked for you?

Hey Guys, I got down to 10 mgs and my Heart spiked and has stayed this way now for a month.  I'm in a very dangerous situation.  Doc tried Atenolol (beta Blocker) didn't work.......then Lopressor (beta blocker) didn't work.  Now Spironolactone 25 mg, with Clonidine, I was up all night long.  Didn't work.

Called them Friday, no call back, had to white knuckle it all weekend with no sleep.  It's not working.  So I finally got hold of them today but the doctor is busy, they're trying to get his attention to order me Propranolol.  Hoping this finally stops my BP from spiking.  I'm concerned about the damage to my heart with my BP high for so long.  Has anyone else tried the Propranolol and has it worked for you?

Hey HfE, I have chronic migraines and have been on a small dose for 20 years.  In was glad I was on it, it does wonders for shaking, heart palpitations and bp, that is just my opinion, I take 20 mgs. I take nadolol.  Lots people on here take it, some like it, some don't.  So you will decide what you believe is good for you.  Please keep us posted.  Love, Mary ☮️💜🙏

Lady Mary you are doing an amazing job my love you and SS are are giving great advice.l am going to retire happy days 😂.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Gilly l am not surprised you are feeling fed up and defeated but you know what l admire you for keeping going.l will be honest with you l would have given up long ago.Proud of you my love.This will pass and you know how it goes some days are worse than others but you will prevail.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi SS congratulations on your successful taper so far you really have turned a corner.Excellent news you deserve it my love.l should have known Lady Mary would get it wrong regarding the singing award.Why do l listen to my sis in law 😖. You keep singing.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Esperanza l was happy to see you posting more yesterday l am always thinking of you and hoping things turn around for you sooner rather than later.Every day is a day nearer stability and you are doing it my love.l think you said you are a mountain woman you are made of stern stuff.

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary you are doing an amazing job my love you and SS are are giving great advice.l am going to retire happy days 😂.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

I miss you, I never was good at sharing.  One of my favorite bosses had given another group an app to use I wanted, so I was fussing.  He said something insane about me ever being happy. l told him, I don't mind playing with the other kids in the sand box, but I wanted all the kids toys ;D ;D. He laughed and said that is so you and he was going to use it in his next group meeting.  I still think of him, we got a long so well.  But back to the point, get your ass home and never speak of retiring :P

Lol Now Lady Mary you know me l will drop back in when you least expect it lol.For my retirement l want a nice gold watch and a big partay.We could have you doing a solo number with SS's choir harmonising with you.

Then maybe my Steve and l could get married 😂.l want to be able to walk up the aisle so could we maybe get this organised in the next 10 years.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Mrs Steve X 😍

Thank you SO much SS. If I am loved and appreciated then I must carry on. I am touched by your kindness.

Esperanza, you are a Sweetheart. I hope you feel better soon.

Stut, Thank you for your support. How can I stop carrying on? The only other thing I could do is not worth mentioning. Yet I do think about it sometimes. Couldn't do it to Rebecca.

Cheryl (Beano) I'm sure you would be welcome here!

Thanks everyone. Gilly xxxxx

Oh no Gilly no l didn't mean give up in that way my love.No never ever give up the devastation left behind is unbearable no l meant given up tapering.

I think you are amazing so don't be frightened you will have better days.

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary, Gilly,SS and everyone here hang in there.Tomorrow could well be a better day.l am heading out to dinner then bed.Up for 7 am tomorrow then in to my daughter's work again finished at 2 so l hope tomorrow sees an improvement for all here.Will be thinking of you all.

Sending all a healing hug.

Love and hugs Stut X

Have you and SS been fighting my Lady Mary did l miss it?

Love and hugs Stut X

No, not at all, just haven't heard from her directly.

Can anyone relate to this? I have been trying to put up just a few decorations for Christmas. I need to do this one thing for myself. I cherish the traditions with my grandchildren and I cannot give it up. I wanted to just do enough so it will be special for them, not the over the top way I have always done and enjoyed. I cannot concentrate or make even the most simple of decisions. I have an aversion to everything I touch. You would think I was having to clean out a sewer. It frightens me. I feel like I am losing my mind. Did any of you feel like this before you stabilized?Esperanza

I had a fast Ashton Method Withdrawal till I hit 10 mg.  Then My BP SKYROCKETED for three solid weeks.  Doctors could not get it down.  Finally gave me the third BP MED Spironolactone which didn't even kick in till day 5 which was last night and barely working, but better than before.  And Clonidine which brought it down to 145/100.  I had a heart cath, arteries are clear.  It's what the Valium did to my CNS.  That's all it is.  Tapering was hard, but I could deal with all the problems but when you have BP Skyrocketing, your life is in danger, stroke, seizures, damages to organs, etc.  So I've been on this for a month and fear moving forward until I stabilize.  My husband is going with me to the next GP Appt on Dec. 5th to support me with the doctor to keep me on hold till I stabilize.  He was rushing me and again, I did very well till I hit 10 mg., then all hell broke loose.

Oh, how scary, so glad your husband is supporting you.  Please keep us informed. Love you, Mary ☮️💜🙏

I read your post again, you did do a fast taper, I see where you are going to hold and that is exactly what you need to do, but one question, and this would just be a suggestion, you are always tapering well until you aren't, and that was fast.  Did you or your Dr think about up dosing until your heart rate can down.  Just a bit at a time, just enough to lower that bp?  Dec 5th isn't a long way away, so you may just hold til you get to see him.  It's just a thought, I know that bp being that high has to be scary.  Love u, keep us posted.  Mary ☮️💜🙏

Gosh, I'm so relieved you said that, Stut! It was bothering me a bit, I must admit! I'm not tapering anything till after Christmas.  Apparently, it is harder to taper V when you are on Quetiapine.

Stut, I love you and I'm sorry I misunderstood you. ❤ ❤ ❤

SS, big thanks for your support on the Withdrawal thread.

Love to you, Mary.  xxxxx

Esperanza, I know someone on the Forum who feels like that. I can't say anything more than that because of confidentiality. But, believe me, you are not the only one. Love, Gilly xxxxx

I need to just vent tonight, it's of course my raging alcoholic son. He is drunk out of his mind and he has said the cruelest most vicious things that have ever come out of his mouth to his sister and of course me. I don't want anything more to do with this. I don't want my son in my life anymore, I never in a million years thought I could ever say or think such a thing but I can't take it anymore. I don't know how to see my daughter in law and grandson without him. He won't allow it I'm sure but I need to shut the door on him, I am beaten down from all the years of alcoholics in my life and I'm 55 yrs old and don't want to spend one more minute of my life in this hell . I will be tapering again in just about 3 weeks and I can't have this stress while doing that. I'm so tired of him upsetting me and other family members..I really need to go to alanon but I am so tired after work I just want to end my day by at least 6:00 every night. I just want a quiet, relatively uneventful life but just can't seem to get that. My husband who is 61 yrs old feels responsible bc he is a recovering alcoholic and thinks if he didn't drink all those yrs ago my son wouldn't be where he is right now. I have that feeling again of just wanting to run and run as fast and as far away as I can but I can not I'm trapped by responsibility and I couldn't bare not ever seeing my grandchildren again they are the reason I keep going at all. I know you all have listened to this broken record of mine before and I'm sorry to dump it here but I don't like talking about these things to my friends. I keep personal things like this to myself when I'm at work or talking to friends. As you all know I have faith in his but tonight I feel distant from him or could it be that he's just not there for me..

Sorry for the rant..I love you all..

Hi hope,

I've heard about propanolol from my therapist awhile back, she wanted me on it until I told her I was already on atenelol for yrs. So if she brought it up to me she must have seen success with that one. I was having trouble with heart palps really bad when I reduced too much too fast and that's why she recommended that to me. I say give it a try can't hurt that's for sure.

Good luck and feel better,

Trish

Signing off, maybe I'll hop back on when I get home if it's not too late.. wishing you all a peaceful night.

Love you all,

Trish :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for the prayers and I'm so glad you had a great time! 

A wonderful trip through NYC through your eyes...

:smitten:

:):hug::smitten:

[72...]