Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning Gilly yes this yo-yoing is the hardest part of tapering.l know you will level out my love just give it time.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning SS an award for singing very impressive l have won awards also but that was a long time ago.l do regret not going to get trained but l didn't have the confidence to do that.l still sing but for myself it is always a comfort to me whether it is for those around me l am not so sure 😂.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Lady Mary l hope your pain has lessoned my love.l hope you have recorded all your exercises because you have done so many it would be hard remembering them all.

I had such a lovely day yesterday just sat and talked nothing special just relaxing with your niece.We are going to a spa today and then relaxing.This is long overdue and l hope to be rejuvenated when l get home.

Love you my Lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Esperanza l wish l could help you more you have suffered so much but the only thing that will help is time.We are here to support you my love as we have all been through what you are going through so we understand the hopelessness and terror.l will say this it will pass l know it's hard to believe but it will.

Love and hugs Stut X

Just popping in. Have not been on in a while. Trish, enjoyed reading about your trip to NYC ... yesterday was such a gorgeous day to visit the City. I live 15 minutes from NYC but we don't go in enough.

Things here continue to be the same. My son had more tests and everything came back normal. So the doctor is really not sure what is going on. He has not felt well at all this week and had bad diarrhea yesterday. My heart is sinking over all this as I am beginning to realize that unless he miraculously feels better soon, there is no way he will be able to participate in his spring sport with practices that begin in late February. Late February is not that far away. He is also having his oral surgery over the Christmas break which will cause more weight loss I am sure.

I have also had a rough week ... incredibly bad nausea last Sunday and Monday, almost had to leave work early on Monday as I thought I was going to get sick at work. It was also the 3rd anniversary of my dad's death this week, which is still hard to deal with. I get scared sometime thinking this could be me being in tolerance from the K and the hold but there is no way I could muster the strength to taper right now. I feel like I am barely holding on as it is.

Stut, I thank you for still including me in your morning greeting. Hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. And I hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

Hello my long hold friends. Still hanging in strong while adapting to this Valium. Hoping I will reach a steady state in the next 1-3 weeks and then can devise a taper plan.

I've been having what I'd call "mild" paradoxical reactions to some of my doses, where I get revved up a bit after taking them and then sink into a feeling of apathy for a few hours. Seems to happen more often with my evening dose. I've been told this is common if you have a drug history like mine. Anyone with Valium experience have luck with moving their doses around? I'm doing 10mg 2x per day - not really feeling any interdose withdrawals (from what I can tell at least) but I was wondering if 1x per day might be a good idea. Perhaps I'll just wait it out and ask my psychiatrist next time we talk.

The good news is I am looking to switch into a much less stressful position at my job. My boss approves, just need to get approval from the other department. Would come with a slight pay cut but I don't really care at this point. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Oh that is great milli, your job situation will change so much for you with less stress, calming that cns , your attitude will probably be so much happier.  Less money when you are going through this , you are right, who cares.  Love you, Mary ☮️💜🙏

Morning Lady Mary l hope your pain has lessoned my love.l hope you have recorded all your exercises because you have done so many it would be hard remembering them all.

I had such a lovely day yesterday just sat and talked nothing special just relaxing with your niece.We are going to a spa today and then relaxing.This is long overdue and l hope to be rejuvenated when l get home.

Love you my Lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

I did 14 exercises and stretches yesterday :D pretty proud of myself, not in a lot of pain , don't understand though how those nasty benzo's can grab my muscles right back.  :tickedoff:  oh well, I ain't stopping, my Queen wants to be rich, so stretch and exercise I will  :laugh: :laugh: 

You enjoy your special time you special woman, I love you, Lady Mary 🐶🐕🐾🐾☮️💜🙏🐱

Just popping in. Have not been on in a while. Trish, enjoyed reading about your trip to NYC ... yesterday was such a gorgeous day to visit the City. I live 15 minutes from NYC but we don't go in enough.

Things here continue to be the same. My son had more tests and everything came back normal. So the doctor is really not sure what is going on. He has not felt well at all this week and had bad diarrhea yesterday. My heart is sinking over all this as I am beginning to realize that unless he miraculously feels better soon, there is no way he will be able to participate in his spring sport with practices that begin in late February. Late February is not that far away. He is also having his oral surgery over the Christmas break which will cause more weight loss I am sure.

I have also had a rough week ... incredibly bad nausea last Sunday and Monday, almost had to leave work early on Monday as I thought I was going to get sick at work. It was also the 3rd anniversary of my dad's death this week, which is still hard to deal with. I get scared sometime thinking this could be me being in tolerance from the K and the hold but there is no way I could muster the strength to taper right now. I feel like I am barely holding on as it is.

Stut, I thank you for still including me in your morning greeting. Hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. And I hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

NJ, my heart goes out to you.  I can not imagine how you are holding it together.  I wish I had ideas or words that could lift you up, buy maybe as a group we can with our love and thoughts.  Please stay in touch, you are part of us, love Mary 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏☮️💜

NJ, my heart goes out to you.  I can not imagine how you are holding it together.  I wish I had ideas or words that could lift you up, buy maybe as a group we can with our love and thoughts.  Please stay in touch, you are part of us, love Mary 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏☮️💜

Thanks Mary. It has now been four months since we realized his weight loss was as severe as it is, and we have made no progress with him gaining weight (he lost some weight and did regain it, but still just under 110 same as in August) or finding out a definitive diagnosis. I got my hair cut and colored yesterday, I have been going to the shop for at least 10 years and they were all so supportive when I was leaving, and the one woman said to me that this is an awful lot to deal with, and that is how I have been feeling this week, it is a lot to deal with. And this, combined with two job changes and my mom's health is really failing, it just is too much some days to manage. My relationship with my husband is also strained but we have been married long enough to know that sometimes things are good, sometimes not so good so we just roll with it.

I am beginning to realize just how difficult life is for so many right now. I have a friend whose father died in his sleep two weeks ago, he had health issues but nothing that made it seem that his death was imminent. I spent time with a very good friend yesterday who shared with me she had separated from her husband. She was just crying in my arms. Another friend who works about 80 hours a week and has for years and has lost touch with pretty much everyone reached out this week to get together as she realizes she really needs human connection and her whole life cannot be about work.

And then you read that suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US. Why are we not talking about mental health issues more, why can't we support each other more? This group is great but in real life I really feel that we are not honest about how we are feeling and the support we need to get through the challenges.

I really appreciate that you all are so supportive and let me vent when I need to. I do feel a strong connection to this group as I think the long holds and turtle tapers are the only humane way off these drugs.

Thanks Mary. It has now been four months since we realized his weight loss was as severe as it is, and we have made no progress with him gaining weight (he lost some weight and did regain it, but still just under 110 same as in August) or finding out a definitive diagnosis. I got my hair cut and colored yesterday, I have been going to the shop for at least 10 years and they were all so supportive when I was leaving, and the one woman said to me that this is an awful lot to deal with, and that is how I have been feeling this week, it is a lot to deal with. And this, combined with two job changes and my mom's health is really failing, it just is too much some days to manage. My relationship with my husband is also strained but we have been married long enough to know that sometimes things are good, sometimes not so good so we just roll with it.

I am beginning to realize just how difficult life is for so many right now. I have a friend whose father died in his sleep two weeks ago, he had health issues but nothing that made it seem that his death was imminent. I spent time with a very good friend yesterday who shared with me she had separated from her husband. She was just crying in my arms. Another friend who works about 80 hours a week and has for years and has lost touch with pretty much everyone reached out this week to get together as she realizes she really needs human connection and her whole life cannot be about work.

And then you read that suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US. Why are we not talking about mental health issues more, why can't we support each other more? This group is great but in real life I really feel that we are not honest about how we are feeling and the support we need to get through the challenges.

I really appreciate that you all are so supportive and let me vent when I need to. I do feel a strong connection to this group as I think the long holds and turtle tapers are the only humane way off these drugs.

I think are right about most of our outside contact,  it's not their fault, it is hard to understand for us, we are the only ones that truly understand the fear, sxs, wondering if we'll be the same, when will it end.  You're strong though, you've proven that over and over.  Love for your family NJ, Mary. ☮️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏

Good morning LHSG, hope today is just a little better for all of us, love and appreciate you all.  You have made my taper bearable.  You are the best group, including the Village for caring about the people in our group.  The biggest hearts.  And then there's Trishy... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  You guys are the best.

Mary ☮️💜🙏💙💚🐕🐶🐱🐾🎄🏍📚

NJ, you have so much to deal with, I cannot imagine how you can cope with any Benzo tapering now. Whatever it takes to help you stay strong for your son, Is absolutely the right thing to do. I know it is horrible to not have a diagnosis, but do you feel a little relief to know that the really catastrophic diseases are pretty easy to determine? I know that is very little comfort, but maybe something. Or maybe that’s just the pediatrician’s wife in me talking. If my kid had a headache, I immediately thought it might be meningitis. I am sure you, like me, wish it could be you instead of him. Nothing can hurt a mother more. I hope, so much, there will be an answer soon. Having other family issues just makes it that much worse. I am so very sorry you are carrying such a heavy weight, dear one. I hold you in my heart, Esperanza

Thanks, Stut. You always hold me up. You all hold me up. By the way, did you stick your thumb up that guy? Give him some good ole Irish. I’m a mountain girl and we have a lot in common, I suspect. Love, Esperanza

NJ, you have so much to deal with, I cannot imagine how you can cope with any Benzo tapering now. Whatever it takes to help you stay strong for your son, Is absolutely the right thing to do. I know it is horrible to not have a diagnosis, but do you feel a little relief to know that the really catastrophic diseases are pretty easy to determine? I know that is very little comfort, but maybe something. Or maybe that’s just the pediatrician’s wife in me talking. If my kid had a headache, I immediately thought it might be meningitis. I am sure you, like me, wish it could be you instead of him. Nothing can hurt a mother more. I hope, so much, there will be an answer soon. Having other family issues just makes it that much worse. I am so very sorry you are carrying such a heavy weight, dear one. I hold you in my heart, Esperanza

Esperanza: Your words hit very close to home. I so wish it was me who was suffering instead of him. I have had many conversations with God lately asking him to please just spare him and give the illness to me. I am sorry you are suffering and hope you do get some relief.

Hello my long hold friends. Still hanging in strong while adapting to this Valium. Hoping I will reach a steady state in the next 1-3 weeks and then can devise a taper plan.

I've been having what I'd call "mild" paradoxical reactions to some of my doses, where I get revved up a bit after taking them and then sink into a feeling of apathy for a few hours. Seems to happen more often with my evening dose. I've been told this is common if you have a drug history like mine. Anyone with Valium experience have luck with moving their doses around? I'm doing 10mg 2x per day - not really feeling any interdose withdrawals (from what I can tell at least) but I was wondering if 1x per day might be a good idea. Perhaps I'll just wait it out and ask my psychiatrist next time we talk.

The good news is I am looking to switch into a much less stressful position at my job. My boss approves, just need to get approval from the other department. Would come with a slight pay cut but I don't really care at this point. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Hi Milli,

a less stressful job would be great for this next while.  I haven't ever had paradoxical reactions so don't know what to suggest there.  i think dosing as few times as possible is best in the long run for a number of reasons, so if you can do it and not get interdose w/d that would be a good thing.

Thanks for letting us know what's up with you!  I hope that all continues smoothly as the Valium builds up in your system.

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Morning SS an award for singing very impressive l have won awards also but that was a long time ago.l do regret not going to get trained but l didn't have the confidence to do that.l still sing but for myself it is always a comfort to me whether it is for those around me l am not so sure 😂.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh dear Stut and all!

I did not win an award for singing -- quite the contrary!  No one would award me for anything other than getting off a stage  :D

But i did win some singing lessons in a charity auction!    Maybe that will switch things up a bit for me

I hope you day goes well!

SS

Thanks for keeping us in the loop NJ.  And I'm sorry that things continue to be rough and undiagnosed with your son.  On top of the anniversary of you father's death.

I know you work long and hard for yourself and your family -- and hoping that something shifts and you get some answers soon.

SS

what a beautiful if heartbreaking post NJ.

The first Noble truth in Buddhism is: Life is suffering.

And this isn't meant to be something that brings us down!  More that life is tough and we all must stick together to weather the tides of it all.  That human connection and compassion are what we can offer the world and what makes life worth living.

And the level of despair in the world right now is  beyond belief...

But as you say we are all in this together, and together we will get off this stuff and get through life.

So Glad you wrote.

G'morning all,

Just wanting to report in that i have been able to continue tapering -- it's been around 18-19 days now.  I haven't checked.  I've had to lessen the amount a couple of days but not to the point of a hold.  I'm almost down another .01 mg of Xanax!  For you Valium folks that much sound almost silly but it's such a strong med and I'm feeling stoked and well.  I may ease up on the tapering as the social time of the season is starting to roll around....  But I was out for dinner and a concert until 10:00 last night!  small victories are worth celebrating....

Mary 14 exercises!!  you go!  somehow with some stretches and movements the body almost sighs with relief. That small muscle that wanted attention, that tendon that needed a wee stretch.

I know I'm so behind the world in what i watch but: Outlander!  Oh my it even filled my dreams!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

SS

Need tapering reaction input. This may not be the best forum, but since joining BB, I have pretty much parked myself here when I have questions. I am not very active, as I am a moderator, and that uses up most of my "functional" computer time. Most of us who have to undertake long holds to get through this probably face similar experiences, hoping for some input.

After a year long hold (docs advice) I  started to taper again a few months ago. I find it takes me about 2 months to acclimate to each cut.

I dose in the morning, dose again in 6 hours, and take a very small dose 2 hours later to help the interdose wd from not being so intense.  I ended up on this 2 day regimen a long time ago. When I take the same dose and spread it out over 3 doss, I get no relief, so I am stuck here. Would love to take my 6 mg, and spread them out between 3 doses, but 2 Mg's of xanax has no effect.

Also, if I dose sooner than 6 hours (even though the interdose gets intense) I always end up in a paradox with dose 2.

I have always had a problem with my second dose. It tends to paradox, feel like I took nothing, etc.

My first cut was .5 from my am dose. It went OK. This reduced the frequency of a paradox reaction I usually get when taking dose 2. That was a nice surprise. However, dose 2 still did not give me the relief I wanted. (As I said, dose 2 is a problem 99% of the time.) This was a good cut overall, and left me in better shape.

I then cut  .25 from dose 1 (not quite a week in.) I initially cut the same .25 from dose 2, but that went badly (intense wd). So, I have cut dose 1 by .25, leaving dose 2 alone for now.

My dose 2 bump is also down from about .7 to .5. Sometimes I skip that bump altogether, it really doesn't do much for me, as it once did.

Dose 1 is adequate at the new cut (2.75) I have less adverse reactions with just this small cut to dose 1 than I did before cutting it.

Dose 1 at 3Mg's is not working. It's worse if I cut it down to 2.75.

My question. On my first 3 days, dose 2 actually gave me relief (shock!) I was able to be out all afternoon, do 2 hours at the gym, make appointments, and have a functional evening.

Starting day 4, it is bugging me. It's not a paradox, but feels like it's not helping the withdraw, just keeping it at the level I was in when I took it. The sxs and discomfort don't ever ease off.  The past 2 days have gone like this.

So, I am at day 6 of this cut, and don't know what is happening with dose 2.

Is this normal kickback for a cut? Do I need to increase it? As in, perhaps add .25 and drop the .5 bump I take later?

Any input is really appreciated. I am completely functionless once that dose hits.

To summarize:

1. 2 major doses a day. Currently 2.75  of xanax for d1, and 3 Mg's for dose 2. bump of .5 2 hours after dose 2 (which I plan to drop soon)

2. 6 hours between doses.

3. Dose 2 used to paradox most of the time. Cutting down dose 1, first from 3.5 to 3 helped a great deal. I was only at that am dose of 3.5 for a short time.

4. 6 days ago, cut another .25 from dose 1, the cut is overall better while in that first 6 hour period.

5. dose 2 at 300 Mg's is only holding my withdraw, not alleviating or worsening it. It feels completely useless.

6. I take a bump of .5 after 2 hours into dose 2. It used to help the interdose wd from dose 2 not be so intense. Lately, it seems pointless, plan to drop it.

Why is dose 2 so useless? Is this normal CNS weirds, or do I need to alter the dose size?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Milli,

a less stressful job would be great for this next while.  I haven't ever had paradoxical reactions so don't know what to suggest there.  i think dosing as few times as possible is best in the long run for a number of reasons, so if you can do it and not get interdose w/d that would be a good thing.

Thanks for letting us know what's up with you!  I hope that all continues smoothly as the Valium builds up in your system.

SS

Thanks so much SS. The reactions aren't bad, just mild at this point thankfully. Could be that my CNS is just sensitive after everything I've been through. I do agree about taking as few doses as possible, so I am going to try to stick with 2x per day for a bit and see how it goes. The 7th will be two weeks on Valium for me and I feel like I'm getting a bit more stable with each day so I'll try to remain patient and let time do its work.

Need tapering reaction input. This may not be the best forum, but since joining BB, I have pretty much parked myself here when I have questions. I am not very active, as I am a moderator, and that uses up most of my "functional" computer time. Most of us who have to undertake long holds to get through this probably face similar experiences, hoping for some input.

After a year long hold (docs advice) I  started to taper again a few months ago. I find it takes me about 2 months to acclimate to each cut.

I dose in the morning, dose again in 6 hours, and take a very small dose 2 hours later to help the interdose wd from not being so intense.  I ended up on this 2 day regimen a long time ago. When I take the same dose and spread it out over 3 doss, I get no relief, so I am stuck here. Would love to take my 6 mg, and spread them out between 3 doses, but 2 Mg's of xanax has no effect.

Also, if I dose sooner than 6 hours (even though the interdose gets intense) I always end up in a paradox with dose 2.

I have always had a problem with my second dose. It tends to paradox, feel like I took nothing, etc.

My first cut was .5 from my am dose. It went OK. This reduced the frequency of a paradox reaction I usually get when taking dose 2. That was a nice surprise. However, dose 2 still did not give me the relief I wanted. (As I said, dose 2 is a problem 99% of the time.) This was a good cut overall, and left me in better shape.

I then cut  .25 from dose 1 (not quite a week in.) I initially cut the same .25 from dose 2, but that went badly (intense wd). So, I have cut dose 1 by .25, leaving dose 2 alone for now.

My dose 2 bump is also down from about .7 to .5. Sometimes I skip that bump altogether, it really doesn't do much for me, as it once did.

Dose 1 is adequate at the new cut (2.75) I have less adverse reactions with just this small cut to dose 1 than I did before cutting it.

Dose 2 at 3Mg's is not working. It's worse if I cut it down to 2.75.

My question. On my first 3 days, dose 2 actually gave me relief (shock!) I was able to be out all afternoon, do 2 hours at the gym, make appointments, and have a functional evening.

Starting day 4, it is bugging me. It's not a paradox, but feels like it's not helping the withdraw, just keeping it at the level I was in when I took it. The sxs and discomfort don't ever ease off.  The past 2 days have gone like this.

So, I am at day 6 of this cut, and don't know what is happening with dose 2.

Is this normal kickback for a cut? Do I need to increase it? As in, perhaps add .25 and drop the .5 bump I take later?

Any input is really appreciated. I am completely functionless once that dose hits.

To summarize:

1. 2 major doses a day. Currently 2.75  of xanax for d1, and 3 Mg's for dose 2. bump of .5 2 hours after dose 2 (which I plan to drop soon)

2. 6 hours between doses.

3. Dose 2 used to paradox most of the time. Cutting down dose 1, first from 3.5 to 3 helped a great deal. I was only at that am dose of 3.5 for a short time.

4. 6 days ago, cut another .25 from dose 1, the cut is overall better while in that first 6 hour period.

5. dose 2 at 300 Mg's is only holding my withdraw, not alleviating or worsening it. It feels completely useless.

6. I take a bump of .5 after 2 hours into dose 2. It used to help the interdose wd from dose 2 not be so intense. Lately, it seems pointless, plan to drop it.

Why is dose 2 so useless? Is this normal CNS weirds, or do I need to alter the dose size?

Thanks for any help.

Hi BD,

Firstly thanks for all the work you put in as a moderator.... Hard work!

I wish I knew what to suggest for you as a fellow Xanax user.

I can only say that for me getting a bit of Valium on board was necessary to help with interdose w/d.  I dose Valium 4X a day for relief from interdose (which I've been told over and over is impossible to need)  but I do, and my theory with Xanax is that sometimes the Valium is required to  soothe the CNS.    Xanax is so bloody strong that every tiny bit of reduction for me leads to intense w/d.  But the Valium absolutely helps with those.

Even with the 5mg of Valium on board I can only taper less than 5% of the Xanax alone a month.  (and that is only after adding some supplements).

So don't know if any of this is helpful as I can really only speak from my own experience on this one.  But i know that dosing the Xanax many times a day simply put me in w/d hell many times a day.  With the Valium I am fairly functional.  I know it's unconventional but it's what works for me and if you can glean any info from this that could help you.....

Just ignore this if it isn't relevant to you at all and maybe some others will chime in who have some practical Xanax advise.

Hope you get some relief soon.

:)

SS

Hi folks. Just popping in. I've been resting today. It's just what my brain and body are telling me to do. I've just got to go with it.

Thanks for your understanding, Stut. It is just like you say. An excellent dancing programme last night!

Love to All.  Gilly xxxxx

[43...]